Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

the_steve posted:

Honestly, I think Zepath already has some sort of Big Red Button in place that we don't know about yet.

I mean, think about last time. Which city had a host of angels descend from on high to help the King fight off demonic hordes, while another city that, by all standards, was a good and righteous city, had to get nuked off the map?

Yeah. ZEPATH might have a big red button. Kavodel ain't got jack and we voted to sit back and defend it. I just want to get us our own big red button.

As for what we might have that the Orm might want? I don't know. We'd have to talk to it to find out. I'm sure we can work something out if it really does love treasure (though I'm starting to doubt that part of the story is true considering the random bits of loot stacked up below the hole). Otherwise we might strike some sort of exchange deal, I have no idea. Because we don't have enough information.

Getting information is my primary goal in this game, and I will vote for information gathering above all other things, and in the face of any danger. That's just what my heart tells me to do.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TheCog posted:

Yes, because nothing will be better for Kavodel or Zepath than setting off a nuke on top of the city.

The point is to set it off before Doom 2 gets to the city.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

super sweet best pal posted:

The point is to set it off before Doom 2 gets to the city.

Exactly.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Outrail posted:

So Tudiya said: "I doubt even my strongest blows could wake it"

I think we're good unless it senses our divine nature.
I don't get why you're assigning special weight to the off-hand speculation Tudiya made based on looking down the hole, once, when he was like half our age.

Infinity Gaia posted:

At this point we haven't even SEEN the Orm, and I somehow doubt a giant snake is gonna somehow sneak up on us. Let's explore a bit more rather than running away at the first sign of something interesting. There will NEVER be a chance to find something cool in this game that doesn't also have some sort of risk attached, no one gives info for free and we have to take it where we can get it.
The mega-mural was the first sign of something interesting, if you don't count the TSA goop. The premonition is the first sign of something bad.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
The chances of the Orm becoming an on demand nuke for us are about the same odds that the PtB decide that we can freely show whomever we want our wings because we're so swell.

TheCog fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 15, 2017

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ralith posted:

I don't get why you're assigning special weight to the off-hand speculation Tudiya made based on looking down the hole, once, when he was like half our age.

The mega-mural was the first sign of something interesting, if you don't count the TSA goop. The premonition is the first sign of something bad.

The premonition wasn't even bad! It was EXPLICITLY a neutral premonition!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

TheCog posted:

The chances of the Orm becoming an on demand nuke for us are about the same odds that the PtB decide that we can freely show whoever we want our wings because we're so swell.

or the same odds that we just get a game over randomly because we don't leave right now

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Crap.... I am so far behind.....

[B]J. Summin else. Allow ourselves to fully feel what we are feeling/sensing.[b]

Do we want a friend or do we want to acquire something tangible or intangible, but valuable in some way? I figure this whole thing has been more based on making a friend if at all possible. We know Azz considered the Orm a friend. And pretty much everyone speaks kindly of the Orm, while reminding us not to get eaten.

Anyway... I want us to make a friend. I figure the fecklessness of kitten, puppy or baby goat on the one hand or actual compassion on the other. Being here at all pretty well handles the fecklessness.

So we aren't all psychically intruding, or getting psychically obliterated, but we are aware that we can read minds and that we can hurt ourselves doing so. It may not be necessary, and might be discourteous to just go exploring around. We do not need more physical proximity than we already have in order to communicate, I would suggest. Do we want to?

We were caught completely unaware by 7bird. I am not suggesting some intentional Orm attack. Just the scale alone could be overwhelming or whatever.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 15, 2017

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diog: The green stone around the edges of the door. Is that anything like the green stone that made up some of the items in the temple where we found our sandals?

This stuff:

Diogines posted:

A number of odd things you have never seen before and cannot easily identify lay upon the platform in the center of the structure, placed in a beautiful and artful manner.

A bowl filled with strange balls the width of your thumb, made of gold or a gold like substance, a material you have never seen before.

A knife made of the same material.

Though you have no idea what a book is, a book made of the same material. Looking at the cover gives you a vague headache. Having no idea what a book is, it may as well be a block of the strange material.

A necklace with small beads made of some sort of blue stone. It is floating about a foot above the platform, the beads spinning slowly.

A simple and unadorned cup made of a green material, filled with what may be water.

A plate made of green stone with a fire atop it and no visible fuel source. There is no heat coming from it.

A statue made of all of the other materials about a foot and a half tall. It appears to be a seated human shaped figure with a human face and wings like a bird. You have never seen a statue so shockingly realistic before, having only seen simple idols in your village. If you did not know better, you could swear it was sleeping and snoring gently. Do you know better? The left half of the statue is incomplete and is still a block of stone. On closer inspection, the chest of the statue is rising and lowering gently.

A bow with no string, also made of blue stone.

A small statue of a winged lizard with sharp teeth, also half finished and also seemingly asleep and breathing. It is made of red stone, the back end of the statue is unfinished.

A flute made of white stone.

A large tooth as wide as your hand. It is made of black stone. It may be from a fish? It looks very sharp.

A pair of sandals made of white leather. You know what a sandal is, your people in the village did not use them but the Zepathans do.

A cup of white stone adorned with images of birds on it. It is empty.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 15, 2017

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music
walk to the presence

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Papa?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Before we do anything else, Eat the Black Goop.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
I wanna explore this place first before we get eaten

walk to city gate
examine pool for cool poo poo & bones

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Tsyni posted:

Voting E then F, path of least resistance. We are looking from top to bottom. Search the cleared passage, then the blocked one. Then decide what's next.

Voting plan Tssssssyni

Also the premonition is NOT one of those "YOU WILL DIE IN TERROR" ones, so it should be alright. Not good, not bad, just neutral.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Voting plan Tssssssyni

Also the premonition is NOT one of those "YOU WILL DIE IN TERROR" ones, so it should be alright. Not good, not bad, just neutral.

I'm going to laugh if the Orm turns out to be like Ishamal or Smattas - some old being that doesn't give a whole lot of answers and expects our dumb Enkidel to listen to those older than him.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

It'll just be Ishamal, as a giant snake.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Y'all realize that "life-altering event" includes "something that gets us necessarily banned from Ur", right?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
G

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

B

e: the thing of importance is that the Orm is our dad, it is neutral as opposed to good or bad because the first thing snek-dad does is berate for not having adopted a proper snek-form, instead choosing to be a strange winged mammal.

it will then keep us locked up until we learn to properly shapechange into a serpent of some sort

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SerSpook posted:

B

e: the thing of importance is that the Orm is our dad, it is neutral as opposed to good or bad because the first thing snek-dad does is berate for not having adopted a proper snek-form, instead choosing to be a strange winged mammal.

it will then keep us locked up until we learn to properly shapechange into a serpent of some sort

I seriously doubt snake is our dad. We can ask if Azz ever talked about us and mentioned our dad.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I seriously doubt snake is our dad. We can ask if Azz ever talked about us and mentioned our dad.

it is a joke

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. E

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

From what we've seen so far, Orm is pretty much Hraesvelgr.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
H. I'm extremely keen for a life altering experience!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A humble suggestion for our personal jubilee preparations after we've finished in the snake pit:

Step one: we talk to Zeb about the place we saw as a kid and get him to help us convince Tudiya we need to take a leave of absence for the better part of a year for the good of Zepath.
Step two: We take a slight detour to wolf lands and strike a deal with the Big Rad Wolf to aid our fight against the Bniamokt.
Step three: We go down to the place with all the magic stuff and take it back to Ur with us.

Optional: we swing by the place we were born and kick zombie dad's rear end with our new bow that doesn't suck.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

A humble suggestion for our personal jubilee preparations after we've finished in the snake pit:

Step one: we talk to Zeb about the place we saw as a kid and get him to help us convince Tudiya we need to take a leave of absence for the better part of a year for the good of Zepath.
Step two: We take a slight detour to wolf lands and strike a deal with the Big Rad Wolf to aid our fight against the Bniamokt.
Step three: We go down to the place with all the magic stuff and take it back to Ur with us.

Optional: we swing by the place we were born and kick zombie dad's rear end with our new bow that doesn't suck.

this plan falls apart at step 1

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

UppaTree posted:

Y'all realize that "life-altering event" includes "something that gets us necessarily banned from Ur", right?

It also means a lot of other things besides this and dying

If we found Amalek right now we'd probably be getting the same feeling standing in front of Amoks door

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 15, 2017

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Enkidel Eat The Goop.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
My vote hasn't changed, but if A does win can we Leave the treasure in front of the big hole

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
E. I was C before.

Also, I don't see our obligations being less after the jubilee. There will be more jubilees, and possibly open war with demonic forces. Maybe we become king. Also it is six years, not six weeks to jubilee.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
E

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

TheCog posted:

The chances of the Orm becoming an on demand nuke for us are about the same odds that the PtB decide that we can freely show whomever we want our wings because we're so swell.

This is true, but it's also a mischaracterization.

Being the sort of person that would want to be friends with sad snek is why there's sometimes somebody to bail us out. I think our super power isn't that we have wingats (well it helps in that it's hard to kill us), but that we're kind and brave and goofy and generous. We've been saved by the Watchers (Chait), Paebal, Azz, &c directly because we're the idiot of dance.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Voting plan Tssssssyni

yesssss

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I hope we aren't investigating four times in a row...

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Tsyni posted:

Dire warnings come with bloody images and dread. This seems much more interesting.

Interesting could mean anything though, yeah? I said before I would vote to go ahead since it seemed to be what Enkidel was currently dedicated to. I'm unsure now though. I guess the question now is: is Enkidel the sort of character who is more dedicated to investigating mysteries, or more dedicated to his life in Kavodel and Zepath, protecting his friends, dog, etc?

If it's the latter, I don't see continuing here as being a sensible option, in the light of this info. Enkidel now has the 'knowledge' that something tremendously, life-alteringly momentous is about to occur - does he have enough reason to think it's something good, vs destructive to his current way of life, to be willing to risk his friends and family back home who would be destroyed - emotionally and very likely literally (Lefkandi) - by losing Enkidel here? I don't think he does.

I wish we'd never gone for the whole leader-of-men thing, but we did, so A seems like the most sensible option given Enkidel's current knowledge. Especially given that there's no particular reason to expect anything immediately useful - like a pact with the Orm lol - to come out of this exploration, vs the reason to think something riskily life-changing will occur.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Theglavwen posted:

Interesting could mean anything though, yeah? I said before I would vote to go ahead since it seemed to be what Enkidel was currently dedicated to. I'm unsure now though. I guess the question now is: is Enkidel the sort of character who is more dedicated to investigating mysteries, or more dedicated to his life in Kavodel and Zepath, protecting his friends, dog, etc?

If it's the latter, I don't see continuing here as being a sensible option, in the light of this info. Enkidel now has the 'knowledge' that something tremendously, life-alteringly momentous is about to occur - does he have enough reason to think it's something good, vs destructive to his current way of life, to be willing to risk his friends and family back home who would be destroyed - emotionally and very likely literally (Lefkandi) - by losing Enkidel here? I don't think he does.

I wish we'd never gone for the whole leader-of-men thing, but we did, so A seems like the most sensible option given Enkidel's current knowledge. Especially given that there's no particular reason to expect anything immediately useful - like a pact with the Orm lol - to come out of this exploration, vs the reason to think something riskily life-changing will occur.

I don't think Enkidel has ever hesitated to pursue knowledge. Curiosity is the most powerful motivating factor in his life. Even finding the ore deposits that turned him into the most fabulously wealthy person around (and prompted the founding of his own city) basically came down to being curious if his magic dog could actually smell stuff underground.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Life-altering could mean anything, yes. Remember the Amok reveal? Breathgate? Pretty life-altering poo poo right there, and some of the standout moments in the game because it changes things up for us and gives us more information. I'm almost positive that our whatchadoodle sense would have been screaming bloody murder about LIFE ALTERING poo poo AHEAD HOLD ONTO YOUR rear end before we opened that tomb in Amalek. HOWEVER, we aren't getting a RUN AWAY DANGER DANGER siren so I say go for it unless El tells us to cheese it.

Given how much time goons have lately put towards frustrated question time and complaining about being left in the dark, it seems to me that Enkidel is largely Tired Of This poo poo and needs something more. Be that a powerful ally or rival, some kind of revelation, who knows. Enkidel doesn't just walk away from things like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Jester Mcgee posted:

I don't think Enkidel has ever hesitated to pursue knowledge. Curiosity is the most powerful motivating factor in his life. Even finding the ore deposits that turned him into the most fabulously wealthy person around (and prompted the founding of his own city) basically came down to being curious if his magic dog could actually smell stuff underground.

Oh?

*Didn't learn from Indor.
*Didn't go with Bareen.
*Or "seek knowledge" during the Danal Dream.
*Didn't join the priesthood.
*Or take the Trio/Ish up on their offer to get answers if we give up living as a man.
*Or take the Gebeb blood-scrolls.
*Or take a Great Scroll rather than bail out the Gebebians.
*Or try to contain the knowledge during our Mosquito Mountain heal.

Enki's more curious than not, but he's turned down knowledge plenty of times, especially when the price is a life-altering commitment.

Blasphemaster posted:

LIFE ALTERING poo poo AHEAD HOLD ONTO YOUR rear end

Diog, how far have we progressed in Owning our body? Are we spiritually anchored to our buttocks yet?

UppaTree fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 15, 2017