Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Booyah- posted:

You can reset everything with Select + A/X. You can also change this in settings about where you and your opponent show up (at the wall, BT, etc)

Resetting from the basement of the temple keeps you in the basement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Savage For The Winjun posted:

that's weird, it seemed like level 2 went back to level 1.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Savage For The Winjun posted:

You need to set the reset option to like wall or balcony I think, I had to do it this afternoon and it was one of those two.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
so i'm tooling around with mraven

i'm falling into the combo vortex you'd call it, but it's so fun. for a while i was launching into b+2,4,2 but that's actually dumb and the right thing to do is just go right into f,f+3, d/f+2,3 for the screw

so right now i'm mostly just fooling around with ws1, f,f+3, d/f+2,3 S! b+3+4, SDW 3+4, f,f+3, f,f+4

you have to like, take half a step after the screw before you turn your back for the double kicks but it's pretty sweet.

is there a better resource for mraven stuff besides zaibatsu? most youtube videos don't do a good job of being consistent with notation or even include it, zaibatsu is borderline unreadable in places and a lot of it assumes knowledge of the game; like, people talk about mraven's "normal" SDW wall combo, but i have no idea what that is. i've been judging the distance if f,f+3 will splat and then just doing u/f+3+4,4,2 and calling it a day.

now i have no idea what the gently caress to do with mraven in an actual match, but i do know you can get this combo off of ws1 or SDW d+3 or probably some stuff on ch i don't fuckin know.

mraven is fun!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
The TZ discord has good info in the character channels, there might be character specific discord server too.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

guts and bolts posted:

i'm falling into the combo vortex you'd call it, but it's so fun. for a while i was launching into b+2,4,2 but that's actually dumb and the right thing to do is just go right into f,f+3, d/f+2,3 for the screw

so right now i'm mostly just fooling around with ws1, f,f+3, d/f+2,3 S! b+3+4, SDW 3+4, f,f+3, f,f+4

you have to like, take half a step after the screw before you turn your back for the double kicks but it's pretty sweet.

is there a better resource for mraven stuff besides zaibatsu? most youtube videos don't do a good job of being consistent with notation or even include it, zaibatsu is borderline unreadable in places and a lot of it assumes knowledge of the game; like, people talk about mraven's "normal" SDW wall combo, but i have no idea what that is. i've been judging the distance if f,f+3 will splat and then just doing u/f+3+4,4,2 and calling it a day.

now i have no idea what the gently caress to do with mraven in an actual match, but i do know you can get this combo off of ws1 or SDW d+3 or probably some stuff on ch i don't fuckin know.

mraven is fun!

MRaven is a weird character who excels at playing keepout with ff+4, qcf+4, ff+3 (whiff punishing). Look for footage of Phantom or Lowhigh playing the character to get an idea of what she's about.

BNBs should be correct for most characters in this playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Is Hwoarang known for luring in bad players or did I just get lucky facing three different lovely Hwo's that bailed mid match to preserve their precious win streak today?

Sorta surprised at how many people don't rematch after they've lost too. I love it when some guy annihilates me and always try again. Especially if I lost 3-0, how else am I going to learn?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Mondian posted:

Is Hwoarang known for luring in bad players or did I just get lucky facing three different lovely Hwo's that bailed mid match to preserve their precious win streak today?

Sorta surprised at how many people don't rematch after they've lost too. I love it when some guy annihilates me and always try again. Especially if I lost 3-0, how else am I going to learn?

play vs. brosnan

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

1500 posted:

Tru3ta1ent has started streaming Tekken, English speaking and he spends all his time talking about what he is doing and why he is doing that move. I have found him worth watching.

https://www.twitch.tv/tru3ta1ent

Unfortunately Tru3 isn't any good at fighting games*, and gives out lots of incorrect and outright bad advice.

He's Max if Max was less well informed. If you want a stream to learn things from, despite his faults, Aris is by far the best streamer to watch right now.

*The only times I've heard of him showing up for offline tournaments, he got massacred.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Real hurthling! posted:

Trying to practice the noby guide combo for katarina: u/f+4,4, ff4, b+1, b+1, b+1, Har, 4

but the ff4 is very finnicky to get after the hopkick unless it, like other noby guide combos is just written wrong?

When i get it ill feel less bad about stomping my scrub tier peers with one button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSILsOmLtFI

Everything you need to know about Katarina, including max damage combos, in just a few minutes.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Mondian posted:

I really love doing this. I was so happy when, after I got creamed 3-0 by a drago, we rematched and I ended up getting him 3-2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spuckuk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSILsOmLtFI

Everything you need to know about Katarina, including max damage combos, in just a few minutes.

Whoa cool

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Here's a dumb newbie question: when you hit with a low poke, what exactly are you supposed to do? Just try and combo from low? I've been playing and enjoying the hell out of Kazumi, and I know her low options aren't great, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do if I hit with db4. I gravitated to following up with a FC leg sweep into her WS4, 4, but I don't know if that's actually what I'm supposed to do.

Either way I'm glad I found a character that clicks with me. Tiger uppercut rules.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don't *think* Kazumi really has any combos per se that start low. Really you're just hitting them with lows to condition them to block low for a mid hit, and to take that previous poke damage.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

guts and bolts posted:

mraven is fun!

I believe the "normal" SDW wall combo is just SDW 3+4, u/f+3+4,4,2. If you want to get a splat in somewhere in a combo where you're not usually splatting, 4,1 is a pretty common way to do that, leaves you in SDW to use that combo.

I'm a huge scrub when it comes to combos though, the dash, b+3+4, SDW 3+4 parts are just too hard for me so I just improvise around those. :smith:

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 15, 2017

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

I believe the "normal" SDW wall combo is just SDW 3+4, u/f+3+4,4,2. If you want to get a splat in somewhere in a combo where you're not usually splatting, 4,1 is a pretty common way to do that, leaves you in SDW to use that combo.

I'm a huge scrub when it comes to combos though, the dash, b+3+4, SDW 3+4 parts are just too hard for me so I just improvise around those. :smith:

Oh I actually have a tip for that part!

Think of it as completing ~1/2 a dash. So you want to dash, start holding back then double tap 3+4 to ensure that you get the up kicks to happen fast enough.

Basically the motion is: ff~b3+4~3+4 with only a slight delay between the ff and the back.

How it works is that holding back actually cancels your dash, so think of it as entering the dash, canceling it with the b for the 3+4 then hitting another 3+4 immediately so that the buffer makes you start kicking right away.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

CascadeBeta posted:

Here's a dumb newbie question: when you hit with a low poke, what exactly are you supposed to do? Just try and combo from low? I've been playing and enjoying the hell out of Kazumi, and I know her low options aren't great, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do if I hit with db4. I gravitated to following up with a FC leg sweep into her WS4, 4, but I don't know if that's actually what I'm supposed to do.

Either way I'm glad I found a character that clicks with me. Tiger uppercut rules.

It depends on the low poke, it it's plus frames on hit, they should try and block/sidestep/backdash depending how plus it is.

If it's minus on hit, it's your turn to defend.

If it knocks down, you're at heavy advantage and should generally press the attack or bait out a wakeup kick from them.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Oh I actually have a tip for that part!

Think of it as completing ~1/2 a dash. So you want to dash, start holding back then double tap 3+4 to ensure that you get the up kicks to happen fast enough.

Basically the motion is: ff~b3+4~3+4 with only a slight delay between the ff and the back.

How it works is that holding back actually cancels your dash, so think of it as entering the dash, canceling it with the b for the 3+4 then hitting another 3+4 immediately so that the buffer makes you start kicking right away.

Yeah, I know how to do it theoretically and I've pulled it off a few times, I'm just too bad to do it consistently so I use other combos in actual matches.

I have the same problem with Paul, doing qcf+1 or qcb+4 right after a launcher is way too hard so I use d/f+1~b+4 instead. I'm not really at a point where squeezing every point of damage out from my combos should be my main priority anyway.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 15, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shockeh posted:

I don't *think* Kazumi really has any combos per se that start low. Really you're just hitting them with lows to condition them to block low for a mid hit, and to take that previous poke damage.

Yeah, Kazumi has a very gimmicky low string but otherwise doesn't really get anything from her low pokes other than damage and some plus frames on hit sometimes kinda. db4 is +4 (but -13 on block so spacing is important) and I think knocks down on CH? d3 is very negative on block but it low-profiles and can be hard to punish from max range. Basically her lows are very limited and are only used to keep opponents honest (so you can ff4/df1,2 them). Kazumi is basically the obnoxious poke character I seem to play in every grounded fighter ever, you're more concerned about being an annoying prick than anything else.

edit: maybe you can get a guaranteed d2 from a CH db4? I can't test that right now.

Dias fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 15, 2017

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Dias posted:

Yeah, Kazumi has a very gimmicky low string but otherwise doesn't really get anything from her low pokes other than damage and some plus frames on hit sometimes kinda. db4 is +4 (but -13 on block so spacing is important) and I think knocks down on CH? d3 is very negative on block but it low-profiles and can be hard to punish from max range. Basically her lows are very limited and are only used to keep opponents honest (so you can ff4/df1,2 them). Kazumi is basically the obnoxious poke character I seem to play in every grounded fighter ever, you're more concerned about being an annoying prick than anything else.

edit: maybe you can get a guaranteed d2 from a CH db4? I can't test that right now.

CH db4 gives you guaranteed TIGER and you should take every opportunity to throw TIGER (hint: keep holding 4 and just press 1 for TIGER)

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Spuckuk posted:

MRaven is a weird character who excels at playing keepout with ff+4, qcf+4, ff+3 (whiff punishing). Look for footage of Phantom or Lowhigh playing the character to get an idea of what she's about.

BNBs should be correct for most characters in this playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

thanks a bunch!

tyblazitar posted:

Elvis_Maximus posted:

you basically don't even need a delay. the input for the whole thing is easy with practice, you can definitely do it tyblazitar. prime yourself to hit f,f,b+3+4 while d/f+2,3 is connecting and you'll get it every time after some patience, and SDW 3+4 is vastly preferable to any variation of mraven launch combos that use b+2,4,2 in my experience, it's where you're deriving most of your damage

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

guts and bolts posted:

you basically don't even need a delay. the input for the whole thing is easy with practice, you can definitely do it tyblazitar. prime yourself to hit f,f,b+3+4 while d/f+2,3 is connecting and you'll get it every time after some patience, and SDW 3+4 is vastly preferable to any variation of mraven launch combos that use b+2,4,2 in my experience, it's where you're deriving most of your damage

Must be my spacing, because I've definitely done the back too fast and had the whole up kicks portion miss, but that's good to know!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Lately I seem to only get people with yellow connection bars. They show up as green during matchmaking but then immediately drop down to yellow in play. Even people in the same city as me are green at max and I've yet to see somebody I have a full connection bar to. :smith:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Randler posted:

Lately I seem to only get people with yellow connection bars. They show up as green during matchmaking but then immediately drop down to yellow in play. Even people in the same city as me are green at max and I've yet to see somebody I have a full connection bar to. :smith:

Try clearing your system cache for either your console or game. Same thing was happening to me with matches randomly turning into red bars.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
People leaving when they finally get a single win, especially when you've been bopping them for the last 15 minutes, is a really common thing in the endless match mode I've noticed.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

People leaving when they finally get a single win, especially when you've been bopping them for the last 15 minutes, is a really common thing in the endless match mode I've noticed.

dude there's an easy counter here's what you do.

match ends, you win. you've been winning for a few rounds now. you are now presented with a mixup opportunity. ALWAYS visually confirm that they are readying up for the runback, let the timer run for a while since that makes the read easier. as soon as you ready confirm them, press d+3

winquit is the hardest hitting tech in tekken 7

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Hitting people full screen with Alisa's double rocket punch to kill them status: still funny.

Why would I ever equip a gun or pizza for novelty ways to steal a round I GOT MISSILE HANDS.

(they can be defeated by the high level technique of crouching, but not a lot of people at poo poo tier seem to know that)

I just know that the person on the other side of the screen is going WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT MOVE because the only way you get caught by it is if you've never seen it before, and it makes so happy being a piece of poo poo like that.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 16, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

For online what are the "lockout" tiers? I know after hitting 1st dan everyone else gets upgraded to first dan, what other tiers are like that?

I am still kinda finding my feet and not even sure who my main is yet, so I kinda wanna not get too far with one person and gate myself again until i've played just about everyone.

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.

Evil Canadian posted:

For online what are the "lockout" tiers? I know after hitting 1st dan everyone else gets upgraded to first dan, what other tiers are like that?

I am still kinda finding my feet and not even sure who my main is yet, so I kinda wanna not get too far with one person and gate myself again until i've played just about everyone.

brawler (8 dan) promotes everyone else to 3rd dan and im pretty sure there are more after that

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

player matches have no effect on rating you can stay beginner forever

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Evil Canadian posted:

Don't worry about it, the lockout tiers don;t put you so high you'll be out of your depth.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:perfect:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Well looks like I am going to main Bob, I tried really hard to avoid it but his fighting style just clicks in a way that no one else does.

I did try and make him as horrible looking as I could.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I think you can achieve that by just picking a default outfit.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I really like whoever did Bob's voice

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LqF0sJo3jg

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Bonus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eNZEPIosp4

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Someone created a guide on steam with a link to download all the tekken songs.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939393547

You can then just make a playlist and have the PS4 jukebox on PC.

Anyone have a good guide or how to play video for Bob?

1500 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Lemme go ahead and drop the extremely hot TTT2 tracks for you:

https://youtu.be/lgftilG_k-w?list=PL6akIKaXBeU3Y4TuLiviu5LzcnB_5i4a5
https://youtu.be/Eh-3RdvtEk0?list=PL6akIKaXBeU3Y4TuLiviu5LzcnB_5i4a5
https://youtu.be/L5VZj9QP52Q?list=PL6akIKaXBeU3Y4TuLiviu5LzcnB_5i4a5
https://youtu.be/oVY3_JfaKs4?list=PL6akIKaXBeU3Y4TuLiviu5LzcnB_5i4a5
https://youtu.be/EXHVVmZ9-HY?list=PL6akIKaXBeU3Y4TuLiviu5LzcnB_5i4a5