Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Mario Odyssey, Samus Returns, Mario & Luigi...

For the Switch, I mean. Also I mentioned Mario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This has sorta become the general Nintendo topic so I just assumed, sorry.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Now we wait for the deep dish idiots to come fight this.

That delicious liquid you eat with a spoon that we all know and love: pizza.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This thread never derails outside of topics related to the Switch. Please pay attention next time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bandaid.friend posted:

Considering the gross number of show-stopping bugs in Skyrim, Bethesda's unwillingness to patch, and I assume the unavailability of the unofficial patch mod on Switch, maybe don't buy Skyrim

I literally never ran into any of these on the 360 version, so I'm not really that concerned.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Pokemon Stars listing popped up on Amazon UK

It is a mystery

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Harlock posted:

Pokemon Stars listing popped up on Amazon UK

It is a mystery

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch-Dummy-2/dp/B0721792SJ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1497531104&sr=8-4&keywords=Nintendo+UK

Come on Nintendo roll that dice

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm really excited about layton but i am also really scared about puzzle quality since the original puzzle designer for Layton passed away

How many balls are in your joycon
How many ice cubes are in your joycon
How many rocks are in your joycon

(I love Layton games and am cautiously excited)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

bandaid.friend posted:

Considering the gross number of show-stopping bugs in Skyrim, Bethesda's unwillingness to patch, and I assume the unavailability of the unofficial patch mod on Switch, maybe don't buy Skyrim

While the idea of a portable Skyrim sounds fantastic I just know they won't support it in the slightest.

Also you just know it is going to retail for $60.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This thread never derails outside of topics related to the Switch. Please pay attention next time.

Mario is Italian and no self-respecting Italian would see a tall glass of Chicago Deep Dish with a straw sticking out and say "oh yeah, this bullshit hot tomato juice ladled into a mug is definitely pizza".

:colbert:

e: where's the Metroid 2 demo?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Buy Pokken for more 3rd party support

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Will Player 1 be able to actually use a Pokken controller in the Switch version? Because I am eyeballing that Electric Pikachu variant so hard right now.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

ARMS- Really liked it but like others I'm concerned about how long it will hold my interest. I have Nier in my backlog so I might just go with that.

Spla2n- The testfire didn't hook me, hopefully there will be another so I can get convinced.

X com Mario: Looks good, probably gonna wait for reviews and get it later.

Xeno2: Same deal as above but it also depends on whether I need to play the first one to get the story

Mario hat: Instabuy.

Yoshi/Kirby: Look fun, might get them depending on what else is out there at the time they come out.

Skyrim/Rocket League: Already have them in other platforms.

Metroid4: Instabuy unless it is Other M level of bad.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

e: where's the Metroid 2 demo?

There's a downloadable 3D trailer in the eShop, but that's it. Think it's under the general E3 section.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chernabog posted:

Xeno2: Same deal as above but it also depends on whether I need to play the first one to get the story

They actually said Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be set in its own world, Nopon are just Xenoblade Moogles. You should still go hunt down the first game in the meantime though, it's well worth playing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

So anyway of what Nintendo showed off at E3 what are all you guys planning to get?

Can we just loving gush a bit about how good the 2017 line up for Nintendo is? Not the 1st year line up, just the 2017 line up

Not even all of 2017 either, just the first 8 months of 2017 are insane.

March
- 1 2 Switch
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
- The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

April
- Mario Kart
- Puyo Puyo Tetris

May
- Disgaea 5
- Minecraft <<Top of the charts constantly in every region

June
- ARMS

July
- Splatoon 2

August
- Sonic Mania
- Mario+Rabbids Kingdoms

September
- FIFA 18
- NBA2k18
- Pokken Tournament

October
- Fire Emblems Warriors
- Super Mario Odyssey

ALLLLL before the 2017 Holiday season kicks into high gear :psyduck:
Look at that loving lineup. Holy gently caress your wallet is going to cry.

Then you've got games still planned for 2017 releases
- Dragonball Xenoverse 2
- Rocket League
- Skyrim
- Sonic Forces
- Star Drew Valley
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Not to mention the countless countless rock solid indie games already out and still to come for 2017 and beyond. Like I can't even list all of them off without it being a giant wall of text, and not just lovely shovelware titles; proper proper indie titles that you would normally only see on PC/Xbone/PS4 :psyboom:

Then to top it all off you the following confirmed in development :
- Metroid Prime 4
- Main series Pokemon RPG <<Do you even realise how many loving systems this is going to sell? Like if you think it's hard to get a Switch now :laffo:
- New Pikmin
- New Kirby
- New Yoshi

You have literally every single primary Nintendo franchise planned in development, and you better loving believe Smash Bros is on its way.
Do you even realise how nuts that is?
Like look at that 2017 lineup.
Do people even appreciate how unprecedented it is to have a loving main series Pokemon game on a Nintendo home console?

The Switch is THE system to loving own in 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Chernabog posted:

You absolutely do not, despite what people say the story is rambling nonsensical garbage. The environments and music and stuff are cool but the plot is nonsense. And based on how the second game seems, if there is a tangible plot connection it's nothing you couldn't be caught up on with a summary.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I know Rabbids predate them. But they give me the same vibe as minions do. The designed by committee to be super cute and oh-so-wacky. Its just doesn't land for me on any level. The game looks interesting but I cannot get past the terrible bad looking rabbids.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

TFRazorsaw posted:

So anyway of what Nintendo showed off at E3 what are all you guys planning to get?

Mario's Talking Hat
Xenovlade maybe?
Kirby

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Bloop posted:

How many balls are in your joycon
How many ice cubes are in your joycon
How many rocks are in your joycon

(I love Layton games and am cautiously excited)
it's a game that's also going to be on iOS/Android so I worry the puzzles will be dumbed down in addition to being by a new person :|

i'm assuming today's treehouse will have Mario, Kingdom Battle, and Splatoon 2 again but hopefully they'll have some reveals and also talk Ever Oasis please

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

Can we just loving gush a bit about how good the 2017 line up for Nintendo is? Not the 1st year line up, just the 2017 line up

Not even that just the first 8 months of 2017 are insane.

March
- 1 2 Switch
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
- The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

April
- Mario Kart
- Puyo Puyo Tetris

May
- Disgaea 5
- Minecraft <<Top of the charts constantly in every region

June
- ARMS

July
- Splatoon 2

August
- Sonic Mania
- Mario+Rabbids Kingdoms

September
- FIFA 18
- NBA2k18
- Pokken Tournament

October
- Fire Emblems Warriors
- Super Mario Odyssey

ALLLLL before the 2017 Holiday season kicks into high gear :psyduck:
Look at that loving lineup. Holy gently caress your wallet is going to cry.

Then you've got games still planned for 2017 releases
- Dragonball Xenoverse 2
- Rocket League
- Skyrim
- Sonic Forces
- Star Drew Valley
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Not to mention the countless countless rock solid indie games already out and still to come for 2017 and beyond. Like I can't even list all of them off without it being a giant wall of text, and not just lovely shovelware titles; proper proper indie titles that you would normally only see on PC/Xbone/PS4 :psyboom:

Then to top it all off you the following confirmed in development :
- Metroid Prime 4
- Main series Pokemon RPG <<Do you even realise how many loving systems this is going to sell? Like if you think it's hard to get a Switch now :laffo:
- New Pikmin
- New Kirby
- New Yoshi

You have literally every single primary Nintendo franchise planned in development, and you better loving believe Smash Bros is on its way.
Do you even realise how nuts that is?
Like look at that 2017 lineup.
Do people even appreciate how unprecedented it is to have a loving main series Pokemon game on a Nintendo home console?

The Switch is THE system to loving own in 2017

The Pokemon RPG is pretty much proof that the 3DS is on its way out the door in a year at best if you had any lingering doubts, because if it had life left that would sure as poo poo be the platform for the next one (It's been stated on record several times that the Pokemon Company never make home console Pokemon games because half the point/fun is going out to trade and battle with people).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's gonna be weird, seeing Mario and Link battle for GotY.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

For the record, Game Freak has said it'll be more than a year before we so much as SEE what the Switch Pokemon title will look like, so don't get to digging the 3DS's grave just yet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, maybe Splatoon 2. I'd say Prime 4 and Mainline Pokemon but they didn't actually show those.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

¿Porque no los dos?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Next year will be interesting too, because that's when we'll actually start seeing third-party titles approaching a playable state that can be shown off.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Good to know. I actually liked XCX a lot despite its many flaws.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It's pretty crazy like a year ago almost everyone, including me, was like ugh Nintendo should just go third party, they're dead, etc, and yet they've come back to just dunk on everybody. Happy to have been wrong. I just hope they're busting their rear end to keep this amazing momentum going and can avoid the dreaded six month game droughts in the years to come.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

¿Porque no los dos?

Cause there's only one Game of the Year award handed out at the Game Commercials.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I mean, my shopping list for the rest of this year:
River City Knights of Justice
Metroid Return of Samus
Mario x Rabbids
Mario Odyssey
XB2
Splatoon 2
Ultra Sun
Etrian Odyssey 5
Stardew Valley
Misc Nindies

Yeah, there is probably more here than I can play before the end of the year. Goodbye money and/or time.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's like I'm 15 again, frantically refreshing the final round of the first Gamefaqs Great Character Battle.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So we have the TreeHouse starting about now? Where can I find it other than Youtube? Work network is wonky and intermittently decides Youtube is not trustworthy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Imagined posted:

It's pretty crazy like a year ago almost everyone, including me, was like ugh Nintendo should just go third party, they're dead, etc, and yet they've come back to just dunk on everybody. Happy to have been wrong. I just hope they're busting their rear end to keep this amazing momentum going and can avoid the dreaded six month game droughts in the years to come.

It's still very much a Nintendo console with Nintendo games. I would say wait and see what happens next year if companies actually want to put their games on the console.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm seeing posts here talking about how XC2 has no ties to 1

Was that confirmed? Like why even call it 2 if it has nothing to do with the series once again? Why even have a similar energy sword? Lame.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Beastie posted:

So we have the TreeHouse starting about now? Where can I find it other than Youtube? Work network is wonky and intermittently decides Youtube is not trustworthy.

twitch and direct from the nintendo website, i believe.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Beastie posted:

Here: https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

About an hour I think

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Starts at 1PM EST, so yes a little under an hour.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wait, has a new core Zelda and Mario game ever been released in the same year?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I will buy squid game, rabbit game, hat game.
I may buy eat game pink or eat game dino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Tender Bender posted:

You absolutely do not, despite what people say the story is rambling nonsensical garbage. The environments and music and stuff are cool but the plot is nonsense. And based on how the second game seems, if there is a tangible plot connection it's nothing you couldn't be caught up on with a summary.

I think a lot of people confuse 'plot' and 'characters werent read by the worst voice actors alive'

• Locked thread