Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Calcio Storico is kicking off in 30 mins

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822901

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I guess the kickboxing thread died so I'm just gonna throw this in here. http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/all-hell-breaks-loose-at-glory-42-kickboxing-championsh-1795988125

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Le Saboteur posted:

I guess the kickboxing thread died

badr hari finally found us?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
It has the guns tag instead of the k-1 tag

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

wild poo poo

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Has this fighter explained why he just stopped fighting and turned his back?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

willie_dee posted:

Has this fighter explained why he just stopped fighting and turned his back?

His trainer did. Basically said Grigorian had a cut (visible after the KO on the video for what it's worth), walked back to his corner "which you never do in a fight" unless you know a round's over or know a ref calls time to check on the cut's severity, and acknowledged the other guy did the legal thing by continuing the fight and going for the finish

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I thought someone posted in the UFC thread that the dude got rocked so hard by that knee that he thought he heard the bell an the round was over. It obviously wasn't. The loving superman punch that broke the winner's jaw from the irate fan was incredible, too.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Ah I didn't see the cut, that makes sense, thanks.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Oh hell yeah, Nasukawa Vs Saiga is going to be under Sapp/LeBanner rules, made more famous by Solo getting obliterated by anime

https://twitter.com/Bestrafer7/status/874141847513214976

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

LOL BJ Penn dot com link

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/chuck-liddell/michael-bisping-reveals-insider-information-chuck-liddells-ufc-pay-prior-layoff/

Bisping posted:

“I’m in the circle, where people tell me things,” Bisping said. “This is me putting out a disclaimer, if they hear me saying this, I can say ‘I said it was third hand information’, when really it might not be third hand information.

“Somebody at the weekend told me that Chuck Liddell is really pissed off, because he had a pretty sweet deal with the UFC when he left this job. He was an ambassador for the UFC. I believe he was on $1 million a year, that’s the number I heard.

“It was great that the UFC was doing that, but now of course, new UFC owners came in,” Bisping said. “I heard that Chuck was really pissed off, so that’s why he’s possibly going over to Bellator.”

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
More B-League action on UFC Fight Pass this weekend

TKO 39 Romero vs Jourdain - Fri, Jun 16, 2017 6:00PM ET
https://www.ufc.tv/video/tko-39

Charles Jourdain vs Will Romero
TJ Laramie vs Jimmy Spicuzza
Semi Finalist B vs Semi Finalist A
Semi Finalist B vs Semi Finalist A
Jonathan Vallée vs Marc-André Barriault
Louis Jourdain vs Tony Laramie
Strahinja Gavrilovic vs Fritz Paul
Davis dos Santos vs Yacine Bandoui
Francis Charbonneau vs Khetag Pliev
Keith Généreux vs Trelani Kidd
Yan Pellerin vs Drayton Angus
Alexandre Slicer vs Keith Lee
Oulmoudene Najebe vs Nick Nacarato
Adam Dyczka vs Bobby Sullivan
Ashley Nichols vs Griet Eeckhout
Corinne Laframboise vs Lindsay Garbatt

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Oh hell yeah, Nasukawa Vs Saiga is going to be under Sapp/LeBanner rules, made more famous by Solo getting obliterated by anime

https://twitter.com/Bestrafer7/status/874141847513214976

Sounds like it'd be a long break between rounds if you're swapping gloves

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Sounds like it'd be a long break between rounds if you're swapping gloves

They don't. Its MMA gloves the whole time just different rules per round. See Aoki vs an anime for example.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Mr. Nice! posted:

They don't. Its MMA gloves the whole time just different rules per round. See Aoki vs an anime for example.

The tweet says otherwise.
I could see keeping MMA gloves on the whole time and just putting large boxing gloves over them, duct taking over the Velcro seams instead of using lace up gloves.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, I remember Jienotsu starching Aoki in MMA gloves for both rounds but like kimbo305 said, the tweet said they're swapping so who knows

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Tenshin-NasukawaKizaemon-Saiga-Mixed-Rules-Match-Added-to-July-30-Rizin-GP-Opener-123111

quote:

The rule structure will be similar to “Jienotsu” Yuichiro Nagashima-Shinya Aoki bout from K-1 Premium Dynamite 2010, with a five-minute round of kickboxing with larger gloves, followed by a second round with MMA rules and gloves. Elbows are prohibited and the bout will be an automatic time limit draw after the 10 minutes, unless there have been yellow cards awarded in the bout.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
oh well poo poo I'm an rear end in a top hat. That's dumb, but not too hard to do. The wraps under it are the same, so it's just clip the tape off the big gloves and slide on the gloves that you've already fitted out backstage on and tape them up.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Goldie and Mauro have been signed by Bellator

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/874690028986712064

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
This is good, except that Bellator's commentary A-team is already the best thing about the entire org

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
if theyre a team they should be nicknamed cocaine psychosis

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I don't like Mauro

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TheRationalRedditor posted:

This is good, except that Bellator's commentary A-team is already the best thing about the entire org

I feel like they slipped a little bit when they lost Sean Wheelock, but Jimmy Smith is good. I wonder what he'll do now.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't like Mauro

I don't know anyone who does. At least they didn't hire Schiavello.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I think once in a while we all need a good old fashioned 'GOOODNIGHT IREEEEEEEEENE'

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Both are bad but at least Schiavello isn't creepy.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Their calling the PPV will be epic

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Schiavello recently quit doing commentary for AXS because he wanted to move his family back to Australia. I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator approached him at some point and got turned down.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/874714026051334144

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

nice ... hope theyll give us some good fights

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Does Ibushi have any sort of legit martial arts background?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

eshock posted:

Does Ibushi have any sort of legit martial arts background?

quote:

Prior to the start of his professional wrestling career, Ibushi practiced karate, winning a shinkarate K-2 tournament in 2003.[124] In 2006, Ibushi was planning on making his K-1 MAX debut, but it was cancelled after his opponent was injured.[124] On November 11, 2014, Ibushi announced he would be making his shoot boxing debut in an exhibition match on November 30.[124] The match with Ibushi's fellow DDT wrestler Michael Nakazawa ended in a draw.[125]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
that shootboxing match featured a powerbomb, pele kick and a moonsault to the outside

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bluedeanie posted:

Both are bad but at least Schiavello isn't creepy.

"He's seeing more openings than a gynecologist"

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

coconono posted:

"I'd touch her with a 10 centimeter pole."

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

coconono posted:

This owns.

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

"I'd touch her with a 10 centimeter pole."

we just weren't woke back then

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm trying to find the Vice article where Schiavello goes down on an elderly dutch prostitute but coming up short.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/ZPGIFs/status/875380261772566529

Owned.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sergei demonstrates his accordion skills by squishing Sokoudjou's head and making an unpleasant sound come out of it

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
sick