Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

RatHat posted:

Uh you start with Saesenthesis...

Oh sorry it was the Draug. Hard to keep track since they entirely redid the game in the last 3 months I've been gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Isn't Priscilla one of the worst golds (cards?) in the entire game?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So It Goes posted:

I think Saesenthesis might take that crown tbh. Admittedly I have no idea what Priscilla even does but I still stand by my statement.

The Dragon is bad as gently caress.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
They are doing another round of gold reworks, so it will get changed. It's just bad now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

So It Goes posted:

She got a bit better in the patch but yeah she's still pretty bad.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Having crafted enough power cards to run 2 or 3 different types of Skellige decks, I realize now how poorly worded, vague, and otherwise buggy some of the mechanics in the game are.

Here's a running list of stupid poo poo that needs to be clarified better in descriptions, reworded, or reworked:

Turn End abilities not going off when both players have passed
Playing cards/damage priorities and order
The following words: "Reset" with regards to only meaning unit's strength, "Discard" with regards to affecting cards not currently in your hand, "Damaged" not meaning "a unit that has been damaged at least one time"
The card Summoning Circle (haven't used this one in a long time)
Cards that force you to target a certain amount of cards in ways that take away from their own value if you are the one playing them
Cards that cause effects from other cards to happen on triggers without clearly displaying those other effects to both players before they happen (like Kambi for instance)

What am I missing here?

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/22027-weather-radovid

Weather Radovid

Good against everything except Queensguard (why would u still run this) and Spell ST

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
It's really satisfying when you beat someone who BMs you the entire game, but what's even more satisfying is when you beat them into the dirt enough that they ragequit when you still have 3 cards left in hand.

e: Saskia is really good. In other news, Water is wet.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Arrrthritis posted:

It's really satisfying when you beat someone who BMs you the entire game, but what's even more satisfying is when you beat them into the dirt enough that they ragequit when you still have 3 cards left in hand.

This is really the best. I guess it's the same in every game, but in Gwent with the taunting, it feels really good. Your opponent doing something big, saying "Thanks" as Dandelion or "Aaaugh" as that monster guy, then getting face rolled while you end the game with a "Thanks" yourself is as sweet as sugar.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The game feels a lot different now but in spite of the changes people still love abusing the gently caress out of weather. Just played a dude with a Monster deck that dropped 6 separate weather effects on me.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

OMG you guys weren't joking. Priscilla is loving awful. Why does she have an ability that last 4 turns but she auto banishes after 3?!?! How the gently caress does that make sense.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Auugggh I am already so loving tired of these bears. Why in christ's name would anyone think those needed to be buffed.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Auugggh I am already so loving tired of these bears. Why in christ's name would anyone think those needed to be buffed.

They basically want you to run more neutral control cards like thunder, epidemic, shackles, etc.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Arrrthritis posted:

The true rear end in a top hat opponent plays every card with one second left on the timer once they know they've been beaten.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lol opened round 2 against a skellige player by consuming his strongest graveyard unit that, along with a shitload of harpies and golems and ekimarra, put me at 54-0 while he had 3 cards

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Does any deck actually run MYRGTABRAKKE?

Choices are Myrgtabrakke, Grave Hag and Trollololo. I play Dagon/Weather but was gonna grab Grave Hag in the event I ever switch it up to a Consume deck, but gwentify picker says I should grab the dragon.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Xtanstic posted:

Does any deck actually run MYRGTABRAKKE?

Choices are Myrgtabrakke, Grave Hag and Trollololo. I play Dagon/Weather but was gonna grab Grave Hag in the event I ever switch it up to a Consume deck, but gwentify picker says I should grab the dragon.

Yeah, Myrg gets run in some stuff I think. It's a card that works well with stuff like axemen and other decks that take advantage of damaging the enemy for additional effects on yourself.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

for some reason they thought they were nerfing them by boosting them to 6 strength. I'm serious, they are on the list of nerfed cards and you get a full refund for milling them...

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Subvisual Haze posted:

The true rear end in a top hat opponent plays every card with one second left on the timer once they know they've been beaten.

nothing in this game genuinely tilts me, with this one exception. when 1 game takes 15 minutes I lose my poo poo

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Relentlessboredomm posted:

OMG you guys weren't joking. Priscilla is loving awful. Why does she have an ability that last 4 turns but she auto banishes after 3?!?! How the gently caress does that make sense.

priscilla is a really wonky closer where you're supposed to play it as your third to last card and i actually think its pretty cool because northern realms is balanced around having dogshit for closing plays

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

EvilMike posted:

for some reason they thought they were nerfing them by boosting them to 6 strength. I'm serious, they are on the list of nerfed cards and you get a full refund for milling them...

Before if you played a 1-str unit with a deploy effect and a bear killed it, the deploy effect didn't trigger. Now the deploy goes off. That was the nerf part.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Flipswitch posted:

I think Saesenthesis might take that crown tbh. Admittedly I have no idea what Priscilla even does but I still stand by my statement.

The Dragon is bad as gently caress.

I'd rather have a dragon.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Dandelion does almost the same thing, although immediately and with more power behind a gold.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

The Gorp posted:

Dandelion does almost the same thing, although immediately and with more power behind a gold.

Also doesn't unintentionally enable enemy Geralt:ignis, nor run away from the table.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Can't quite decide what annoys me more about these dumb bears. That every skellige deck has them, or the broken interactions. They still trigger when they are locked, sometimes even hit you from beyond the grave. Goddam bears.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electronico6 posted:

Can't quite decide what annoys me more about these dumb bears. That every skellige deck has them, or the broken interactions. They still trigger when they are locked, sometimes even hit you from beyond the grave. Goddam bears.

Most of those aren't broken, it's just people misunderstanding how they work.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

that's because activation order is really unintuitive in this game

in other news, i hate the loving bears. nothing like sitting on three caelano harpies in your opening hand, and the first thing on the board is a bear.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah harpies are basically unplayable in this bear meta. I recommend switching them out for Earth Elementals if you still want the carryover value.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

RatHat posted:

Pretty sure the bear is no longer suppose to trigger when he is at 0 health, and in the grave. Yet it keeps happening.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
This radovid control deck is pretty fun! It has a horrible matchup vs Crach but its solid otherwise!
Seven back-to-back morkvag with bears and I think it's time for another patch already.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Electronico6 posted:

I lost a game today because my bears weren't damaging things that were played during round 2, would have swept 2-0 but lost 1-2.

the animation was playing whenever my opponent dropped something on the board, but nothing was actually taking the damage. I lost by like 2 points when he dropped at least 5 units that bugged out (including the 3 witcher silvers). I guess it goes both ways.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jun 16, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

I lost a game today because my bears weren't damaging things that were played during round 2, would have swept 2-0 but lost 1-1.

the animation was playing whenever my opponent dropped something on the board, but nothing was actually taking the damage. I lost by like 2 points when he dropped at least 5 units that bugged out (including the 3 witcher silvers). I guess it goes both ways.

Rethaz mentioned that the bears are one of the biggest source of bugs in the game. I wonder if the reason why is because nobody was playing them in CB(only towards the end), as they damaged your own units so a pile of broken interactions made it through.

This patch was super weird and bad. Like there's a handful of changes that were very good, the consume stuff was exactly the kinda of changes the archetype needed and just a pair of tweaks made the deck from weak to solid, but then there's just stuff that makes no sense and a handful of changes really look like Reddit idea of balance(most of NG changes).

ST and NR however need a lot more than just str changes that's for sure. Also make Stennis a spy again, his current form is bad and aggravating from a flavour standpoint.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
NR is close to ok imo. ST needs a lot of help just like they did before. Not sure what you mean by NG changes, they still seem ok. Idk I guess I'd ask what changes you thought were actively bad.

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

I figured out why the hippo did it.

They are pushing very specific synergies too hard in both NR and ST, as a consequence they both suffer for it. The machine archetype can win a round well enough but after that it’s really shaky - armor is similar but much worse.

The only good general bronze card in NR is still reaver hunters even after the change, because they give the faction a better chance at taking 2 rounds. Granted most of this impression is due to skellige and monsters being drat good at threatening powerful boards along with really solid carry over.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

BabyRyoga posted:

I lost a game today because my bears weren't damaging things that were played during round 2, would have swept 2-0 but lost 1-2.

This reads like you were maybe playing vs. Foltest and the bear was just taking his +1 buff off.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

NR is close to ok imo. ST needs a lot of help just like they did before. Not sure what you mean by NG changes, they still seem ok. Idk I guess I'd ask what changes you thought were actively bad.

NG on the whole lost a whole a lot of power, but nothing changed to how they are suppose to work or expand even. It's main deck got completely gutted with the all changes that got piled on. Golems(the loss of power was understandable, the changes to leader priority not, considering it did not change to the other two), Calviet and Cahir losing 1 str, Rainfarn losing 2, Novices being 1, Peter losing 2 str, all these piled up. By the point the patch hit, the meta was already turning on NG. The only thing that got buffed was Mangonel, something that helped nobody.

Basically too many changes at the same time. We're back to CB NG. Impera Brigades don't look that good when SK can grow X-Men from 2 to 10 in just one turn.

NR is still the same as it was latch patch. Only decks that resolve around Nenneke and shuffling stuff into deck seem to work.
I played with machines at the start and again now, and I'm not sure what CDPR is going with these. During closed beta Punisher Radovid ran Ballistas fine, Henselt loved him his golden towers, and Reinforced Trebuchets were good after a brief spell and changes. But now machines just require too many cards to make them worth. Siege Support will probably be always a NR include, giving crewmen to Scout is nice, but you still run into a common problem that is just drawing too many/not enough machines or too many/not enough crewmen. Right now it's a deck that can dominate 1 round but fizzle out entirely. If you going with a control shell and play then you get more from Adepts/Weather which cut into the Crewmen/machine slots.

In terms of real bad changes you have Ciri which CDPR continues to fiddle around aimlessly. She closed CB at 6, on OB at 7, now at 5. She ping pongs between being too good or too useless, which is real bad cause she is one of the more fun cards in the game. Roach working only on golds from hand is good, but going down to 4 is not. Changes to Bear are baffling. Buffing Rainfarn to 7 in one stream then on the second he is at 4 is odd, meaning where one week is not good enough, next he is too good.

Changes that I think were good and on the spot: All the monster changes. The nerfs and buffs were all right.(maybe the Wyvern could have been bumped to 7) Out of all factions Monster is the only one where you can make a great deck with any leader and climb the ladder. Weather Eredin plays very different from Dagon too, so it's not all variations on the same gameplan like Skellige with X-Men and Bears right now.

Monster is probably the most conceptually solid faction right now in the game. Though nonsense like Draug should be better.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like you mashed two northern realms netdecks together and then complained that your deck was too big, but in 300 words.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think most of those assertions are premature but we'll find out in a few weeks.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I think the patch has been out for only a few days really and people are maybe overreacting to a changing meta rather than adapting to it. Rather than make deck changes they seem to complain about a card rather than change their deck or gameplay to combat it. I think there are some changes that need to be made, but I also think Savage Bear isn't nearly as oppressive as people make it out to be. So many things deal with it and people just don't like to run them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

People still don't know how to form their own opinions on cards, so adapting is a tall order. Avallach is now everywhere for no real reason when he should only really be in mill or arguably axemen at this point. I don't mind, it's fun either way.