Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I just did a fist pump irl when that car fired up

I jumped up and down, this is some emotional poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this is agonizing

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

welp

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

GET BACK TO THE PITS KID, MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS :bahgawd:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
At least it's not much of a walk for him.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
the 24 hours of clownshoes

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

njsykora posted:

There is effectively one LMP1 car left running.

nah, the 2 Porsche and 8 Toyota have been repaired but are way down, the 9 is stopped just in front of pit in though :smith:

man. Toyota and Le Mans. Forever cursed.

[edit]

VikingSkull posted:

the 24 hours of clownshoes

Le Mans is still an endurance race

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Toyota built an amazing 8-hour car.

Edit - gently caress not even 12

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

this is the best, get owned toyota

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TremorX posted:

Toyota built an amazing 12-hour car.

Incorrect.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cygni posted:

this is the best, get owned toyota

Eat poo poo.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
just lol if you aren't desperately hoping for a GT overall win

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rebellion gonna win

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

It was Lapierrre's own fault for trying to push it 100% back to the pits.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

harperdc posted:

Le Mans is still an endurance race

it's a sprint race!

*everything explodes*

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Basticle posted:

It was stuck in 5th, so he couldn't really drive it slow enough.

It's his own fault for driving into the Manor car in the first place though

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The real question is will it take less time for Toyota's board to announce the shutting down of the LMP1 programme or will that actually take 24 hours?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Basticle posted:

RLM studio was hypothesizing it was stuck in a higher gear and couldn't shift down, but not sure.

I want either a Rebellion to win or actual chaos to happen and the 8 Toyota to rise from it's grave.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

The real question is will it take less time for Toyota's board to announce the shutting down of the LMP1 programme or will that actually take 24 hours?

Who do they look like, Nissan?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

harperdc posted:

RLM studio was hypothesizing it was stuck in a higher gear and couldn't shift down, but not sure.

I want either a Rebellion to win or actual chaos to happen and the 8 Toyota to rise from it's grave.

rebellion victory is the only acceptable outcome

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

We're not even at halfway, the possibilities are endless.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Oh, what the gently caress? I forgot about the third Toyota!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

just lol if you aren't desperately hoping for a GT overall win

Turns out one driver will win a 2nd leg of the triple crown this year. It's Tony Kanaan

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Wirth1000 posted:

At least take a year or two off to reinvent the program, and pray BKolles sticks around to keep the division open lol

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

financially racist posted:

Jackie Chan victory is the only acceptable outcome

Search your feelings, you know it to be true

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Basticle posted:

Who do they look like, Nissan?

I watched the Amazon doc and I don't blame Nissan for walking away after seeing the idiot running their program

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

are you kidding me, they didn't quit after last year, there's no way this is the reason they'll pull out. it's being run and funded by the engineers, not the marketing people, remember. They'll want to win this drat thing out of spite.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

A Senna and a Prost winning Le Mans in the same car would be p cool too.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol at how happy the Rebellion garage is

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

A Senna and a Prost winning Le Mans in the same car would be p cool too.

in the Vaillante car for maximum :france:

[edit] the other #13 car has Nelson Piquet "let's see the lamp" Jr. and David Heinemeier Hansson, a programmer with far too much money.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

harperdc posted:

are you kidding me, they didn't quit after last year, there's no way this is the reason they'll pull out. it's being run and funded by the engineers, not the marketing people, remember. They'll want to win this drat thing out of spite.
This is the most :japan: thing ever but I would expect nothing less from the firm that took a loss on every LFA.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh, what the gently caress? I forgot about the third Toyota!

It's been mired in 54th for quite a while now.

Then again we have been under caution for a goddamn hour so I guess it hasn't had much opportunity to pass people.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I watched the Amazon doc and I don't blame Nissan for walking away after seeing the idiot running their program
Safety car is out, don't stop the story there!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

harperdc posted:

in the Vaillante car for maximum :france:

This would own so freaking much

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

This is the most :japan: thing ever but I would expect nothing less from the firm that took a loss on every LFA.

Akio Toyoda basically created the Gazoo Racing brand as a lark to go to the Nurburgring 24 Hours, and now it's their official branding for factory teams. It's operated in Germany but includes Japanese engineers, and again, that's where the budget comes from. These guys have pride and won't have wanted to lose this through stupid problems, especially not after dominating qualifying and the first two WEC rounds. Toyota most likely had a very big hand in the rules for P1 Hybrid which were proposed on Friday, don't forget.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

A GTE overall win would own so hard, as long as it isn't one of those stupid loving Porsche Caymans.

I mean, they're the automotive equivalent of a 7-year old kid pretending to be dad by wearing his suit jacket.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"Anything can happen" but I don't think one of those things is the entire P2 field vanishing, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

MrChips posted:

A GTE overall win would own so hard, as long as it isn't one of those stupid loving Porsche Caymans.

I mean, they're the automotive equivalent of a 7-year old kid pretending to be dad by wearing his suit jacket.

I don't think there are any of those in this race?

• Locked thread