Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

holy poo poo everything about that is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why did it tell me to read left to right?

It's Occidental! It's Spaicy!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hold on guys, give it a few pages. Maybe it's setting us up for a hilariously self-aware heel turn.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

and that's what happens when you have too many tabs open

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Hold on guys, give it a few pages. Maybe it's setting us up for a hilariously self-aware heel turn.

It's either that or inflation.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
At first glance, this might look like one of those wonderful, sugoi manga from the far east--but don't let appearances deceive you! This comic is perfectly occidental.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm pretty sure any enjoyment we get out of this comic will be purely occidental as well.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kurieg posted:

I'm pretty sure any enjoyment we get out of this comic will be purely occidental as well.

are you suggesting that there's, like, a separate oriental type of enjoyment

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
If this comic is making anyone queasy, a diet rich in anti-occidents may help.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm confused as to why that person felt the need to post that dumb thing here.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TFRazorsaw posted:

they posted it by occident

Veotax
May 16, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

That was a bad webcomic meant for the bad webcomics thread.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

readin the last page like

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

sure is chilly today, huh

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I have to disagree with a point Cybershell made in his Top 10 Sonics video, that the Sonic Boom cartoon is the only reason kids still know about your common or garden Sonic. I work in childcare and many kids are still all about Sonic. We have a PSP with the Mega Drive Collection and it's a rare day when at least one kid isn't playing it. One boy of about 5 I work with doesn't really say much unless you mention Sonic, at which point he will ramble on for hours if you let him. Makes levels out of wooden blocks, runs with his arms back and I think he knows all the lyrics to City Escape. I assume it's cos of parents in their late 20s with emulators or somesuch.

The downside to all this is that I'm subjected to the same 2 episode DVD of Sonic Underground about once a week or so.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Victims???

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dr Snofeld posted:

I have to disagree with a point Cybershell made in his Top 10 Sonics video, that the Sonic Boom cartoon is the only reason kids still know about your common or garden Sonic. I work in childcare and many kids are still all about Sonic. We have a PSP with the Mega Drive Collection and it's a rare day when at least one kid isn't playing it. One boy of about 5 I work with doesn't really say much unless you mention Sonic, at which point he will ramble on for hours if you let him. Makes levels out of wooden blocks, runs with his arms back and I think he knows all the lyrics to City Escape. I assume it's cos of parents in their late 20s with emulators or somesuch.

The downside to all this is that I'm subjected to the same 2 episode DVD of Sonic Underground about once a week or so.

I'm not gonna lie, I went "woah! :eyepop:" in real life when my little brother was running around going "I'm Sonic!" while I was babysitting them the other day. The boy in blue is still hip among kids, it seems.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

It also helps that the older games are both 1) cheaper than they were in the 90s and 2) something the kid's parents might have played as a kid themselves and might encourage their kid to try it out. A couple years back my cousin's then-fiance got his kid a copy of Sonic 2 on the PSN store. I taught them how to get to the special stages. I myself first played Sonic 2 in the 00s because one of my uncles picked up a Genesis at a flea market.

Thinking about it now, I'm pretty sure my first exposure to Sonic was reruns of the cartoons that aired super early in the morning and those weird ads for SA2.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 19, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Boom was also on a system that was poorly distributed, sold poorly, and its cartoon is regulated to Boomerang.

It has zero visibility compared to the rest of the franchise.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sonic 3 was the first video game I ever played and I'm glad it was. It made for a pretty good introduction!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

CJacobs posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I went "woah! :eyepop:" in real life when my little brother was running around going "I'm Sonic!" while I was babysitting them the other day. The boy in blue is still hip among kids, it seems.

When they first announced Boom they talked about marketing data they had that showed Sonic still has absurd brand recognition with children and the overall recognition with older people was higher than a lot of other huge brands like Grand Theft Auto and Tomb Raider even though most of the games don't sell anywhere near as many copies as those other franchises.

The Boom cartoon was popular in the beginning and even the 3DS game did okay, it was only really the Wii U game that was an outright flop.

That being said, the create-a-character stuff in Forces with the grappling hook makes me think it was originally conceived for Boom Sonic with the energy tether and they scrapped it because they're done with Boom.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

#onlyonebluelivematters

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For what is worth, the entirety of Sonic Boom's first season is available on multiple countries via Netflix. Although, oddly enough the US aren't among them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For what is worth, the entirety of Sonic Boom's first season is available on multiple countries via Netflix. Although, oddly enough the US aren't among them.

That's no good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's on Hulu. I saw a couple episodes and it was pretty decent, but there's just so much more of anything else I wanna see instead, like rewatching Batman TAS for the hundredth time.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sonic Boom is fine, it's probably about as good as the older Sonic cartoons were at the time. Nothing I'd go out of my way to watch but it's well made and has a fun tone

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I feel like AOSTH did the whole comedy and slapstick better. Sonic Boom has some witty lines now and again, but its animation is so stiff and it never really wants to take its humor any special places. There's like maybe one thing from the odd episode that people quote or reference from a couple episodes, and the rest is middle of the road or grabbing low hanging fruit like "duh hurr, knuckles sure is dumb".

Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot are consistently amusing at least.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cold motherfucker don't chuckle.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Sonic Boom is just Sonic as Seinfeld with Eggman as Evil Kramer. The season finale was about assembling IKEA furniture. It's kind of funny sometimes but it's not very Sonic at all.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

But where does he bury them?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Sonic Boom is just Sonic as Seinfeld with Eggman as Evil Kramer. The season finale was about assembling IKEA furniture. It's kind of funny sometimes but it's not very Sonic at all.

That sounds pretty drat Sonic to me? I mean Eggman spends as much time helping out (usually after a problem he caused himself) as he does as a villain these days.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Boom is like if Sonic and Eggman retired to an island somewhere. Eggman is more like an eccentric neighbour than a villain.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The best parts of boom (aside from everything involving Eggman) are when Sonic himself pokes fun at the Sonic fanbase.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

The best parts of boom (aside from everything involving Eggman) are when Sonic himself pokes fun at the Sonic fanbase.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I also recently learned through one of Cybershell's videos that they did a Chris-chan episode, though I'm not sure I want to see it.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Oh it's a fun one. I don't regret watching it.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Okay I have to see it now

Does it feature Sonichu? :allears:

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

It's a Misery parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Yeah it's not actually a Chris-chan thing, it's just that the obsessed fan character is pretty goony looking.