Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Spring Break My Heart posted:

So what's the story with Bobby Ryan? He's not protected, he has a NMC and there was nothing about him waiving.

Probably not protected, didn't wave his NMC because it takes effect some years down in his long bad contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

yellowcar posted:

:rip: Hudon. I fuckin knew he would protect Shaw. Then again, they got Drouin now so...

Vegas better take goddamn Emelin.

Shaw, Reaves, Martin... Howard over Mrazek. There's some baffling choices

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Dallas Stars pretty much as predicted by every blogger writing on the subject since mid February.

Only real questions were whether they would protect Roussel over Cody Eakin, or Stephen Johns over Dan Hamhuis. I think they definitely made the correct decision in protecting Johns, protecting Roussel over Eakin probably came down to the fact that Roussel is a fan favorite with the great possession numbers.

If the Golden Knights do take Eakin, they'll be getting a very good 3rd line center who can flex to the top 6 if needed. He was usually in the top 3 or 4 for minutes per game for Dallas forwards the last several years.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The specifics of that trade with Vegas are gonna be really interesting.

If it's the isles' first to just keep Vegas off the forwards and they take De Haan: bad bad bad

If it's the isles' first to protect certain forwards + de Haan: Alright, I was kind of expecting that to begin with since the isles were in a tough spot and their pick isn't incredibly valuable anyway.

If it's a more complex deal where the isles give a first + a cap dump like kulemin and it forces Vegas to take a guy like Thomas hickey: gently caress yes

Good thing the nhl put a complete freeze on releasing these details so we get to speculate with no info until Wednesday!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

drat, worried about the whole Radulov situation and now he's unprotected too so humm. Pretty okay with the protection list for the Habs except for Shaw but I guess we'll see what comes of it.

My nightmare was that they'd protect Emelin. I'm glad to see it hasn't happened but I still don't think V is stupid enough to grab that sack of poo poo.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
There are some surprisingly decent defensemen available.

Edit: Wait, why the hell would Arizona protect Johnson over Domingue?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

grack posted:

I was quite surprised that Vatanen was available

grack
Jan 10, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I was quite surprised that Vatanen was available

I fully expect Anaheim to make a deal so LV doesn't take him, but why expose Vatanen over Fowler?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

grack posted:

johnson isn't exposure eligible, he's a ufa with no contract

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

grack posted:

You must expose at least one goalie who's either a RFA or signed for next season. As it turns out, Johnson and Domingue are the only two Coyotes goalies eligible for the expansion draft, and Johnson isn't signed for next season.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

grack posted:

I fully expect Anaheim to make a deal so LV doesn't take him, but why expose Vatanen over Fowler?

they really love fowler. he is quick and jumps up in the play but still capable of being physical and those are all very easy things to awe at from the eye test

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

So if Vegas picks a UFA does that count as a selection from that team?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

yellowcar posted:

So if Vegas picks a UFA does that count as a selection from that team?

Yes, although the only way to do so (I think) is to actually sign them to a contract.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

hifi posted:

johnson isn't exposure eligible, he's a ufa with no contract

Yeah, good point. They could've signed him to a contract, though.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I would love to have been in the Islanders war room when Garth Snow debated whether to protect De Haan or Nelson and came up with... Adam Pelech.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

grack posted:

Yeah, good point. They could've signed him to a contract, though.

I agree but they had like 30 minutes to do that.

Exposing domingue and burmistrov seems like bad asset management but maybe vegas realizes that domingue is probably a league average prospect that they could get through the draft with marginal luck over the next few years, and burmistrov credits the coyotes with coaching him around his strengths and the game he wants to play and neither of them are in a position where they want to go to vegas.

Luke schenn over burmistrov, i dunno richardson and maybe vrbata is dumb though. It feels like defensive defensemen are a dime a dozen in the tippett system. Schenn is an upgrade over Grossmann but connauton and tinordi were fine at cleaning the crease and making a 10 foot pass to a puck mover.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

eXXon posted:

I would love to have been in the Islanders war room when Garth Snow debated whether to protect De Haan or Nelson and came up with... Adam Pelech.

Maybe part of the deal with Vegas is that they leave de haan exposed (so Vegas can take him) as a return for not picking up any of the forwards.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Is Mark Pysyk any good? That seems like a strange player to protect for Florida over Marchessault, Smith or Demers.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

grack posted:

Is Mark Pysyk any good? That seems like a strange player to protect for Florida over Marchessault, Smith or Demers.

He's not as good as Demers but he's younger and cheaper. If I was Vegas I'd be all over Marchessault though.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/876498394172334084

gmgm gonna go full mob boss for this draft, its great

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

fits posted:

https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/876498394172334084

gmgm gonna go full mob boss for this draft, its great

GMGM took the Vegas job solely to have revenge on Poile.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I wish all the sites that have the protection lists also posted player stats right next to the names

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Nice NHL roster you've got there. Shame if something were to...happen...to it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Devils list was exactly as predicted but when you barely have 7 real NHL players that's not much of an accomplishment.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Wonderllama posted:

Nice NHL roster you've got there. Shame if something were to...happen...to it.

better pay up some protection money draft picks

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

The Devils list was exactly as predicted but when you barely have 7 real NHL players that's not much of an accomplishment.

#DontTakeBeau

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

If he's going for value who the hell do you even take? Maybe Lovejoy because his contract is OK and teams love adding bad defensive d-men at the deadline?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Seems like Vegas could end up pretty good in like 2-3 years if they get a boatload of picks by blackmailing everyone.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

T-Bone posted:

If he's going for value who the hell do you even take? Maybe Lovejoy because his contract is OK and teams love adding bad defensive d-men at the deadline?

Might take Cammalleri and flip him?

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Does Gallant have assistants yet? They need Bylsma.

And on the roster...

MAF

And

Neal

And

Paul Martin

And

Perron

And

Jagr

I think you see where I'm going with this.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Might take Cammalleri and flip him?

His contract is pretty bad, but maybe.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Aye Doc posted:

they really love fowler. he is quick and jumps up in the play but still capable of being physical and those are all very easy things to awe at from the eye test

also his name is fowler and he plays for the ducks

:haw:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

T-Bone posted:

His contract is pretty bad, but maybe.

It is but because there's only 2 years left maybe Phoenix could be convinced to take him so they reach the salary floor.

Edit: Never mind, he also has a modfied NTC (no details but I assume he'd waive to play for a contender or Toronto since he's from there).

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 18, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Please take A-Mac

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

It is but because there's only 2 years left maybe Phoenix could be convinced to take him so they reach the salary floor

coyotes have way too many LWs on their roster, it'd be a straight salary dump

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I was trying to come up with the most competitive team possible ignoring everything else and I stopped halfway through Vegas is going to be real bad

Although I think I'd take their D options over the Devils.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

shyduck posted:

Please take A-Mac

I feel like this would be Vegas' dream defense for everybody who wants to get rid of their lovely D:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Kilza posted:

I feel like this would be Vegas' dream defense for everybody who wants to get rid of their lovely D:

What's wrong with Cole? He's fine at that value for the Pens.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

grack posted:

demers had to be exposed to meet the games played requirement. they prob would have protected him over pysyk otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

T-Bone posted:

What's wrong with Cole? He's fine at that value for the Pens.

I'm going off the fact that PAS has complained endlessly about him.

• Locked thread