Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Money in the bank should be both shows, also there are two briefcases in the ring, one for each belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

money in the box -- my lifelong ambition is to find some.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a new study bible! posted:

Money in the bank should be both shows, also there are two briefcases in the ring, one for each belt.

I don't really care since I don't watch the product but I hated the two briefcases. MITB is already played out as a concept (as a PPV it's cool because you get crazy ladder matches and usually a good title match) and two feels so lame. WWE even seemed to realize that as they'd try to get rid of one of the cases as quickly as possible. Just have one guy hold the case and have it for both brands. It's funny that WWE had this show that was more popular and better quality than Survivor Series, but is so dead set on SS being a "big 4" show instead of just going with MITB as that instead and making it dual brand. But dual brand for one case and the guy can chase either belt.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Hey I can't post the MITB prediction thread til later but here are the scores to now.

1 pen0r 142
2 achillesforever6 134
3 nonrev 121
4 Venomous 116
5 Fentry 112
6 interpunct 112
7 extradite THIS! 100
8 bartok 97
9 Buzzsaw 97
10 Evil Badman 96
11 Teddybear 94
12 TheJunkyardGod 93
13 Lazer 91
14 dear richard 89
15 Endless Mike 88
16 Striking Yak 88
17 21 Hoot Salute 87
18 AlmightyPants 87
19 Genericide 87
20 Gumball Gumption 85
21 super macho dude 85
22 Vaguido 83
23 Go RV! 82
24 Junpei Hyde 82
25 Pinwiz11 82
26 TheRico 82
27 try the new taco place 82
28 biscuits and crazy 81
29 BWV 81
30 Quasipox 81
31 cheese sandwich 79
32 Oh Snapple! 79
33 ShakeZula 79
34 Trip Larsen 79
35 MotU 78
36 CVE 77
37 HerraS 77
38 rare magic card l00k 77
39 Mihi 76
40 Petit Gregory 76
41 IcePhoenix 73
42 chirico cuvie 72
43 Jerusalem 72
44 Benne 71
45 TKImpulse 71
46 Xerzes 69
47 bradzilla 68
48 sticklefifer 68
49 cubone 67
50 delfin 67
51 Haven 67
52 Wazzu 67
53 Action Shakespeare 65
54 TTBF 65
55 Numero6 64
56 Golashes 63
57 shiksa 63
58 Ostentatious 62
59 SamuraiFoochs 62
60 Senerio 62
61 The Croc 61
62 Jetfire 60
63 4icnf 59
64 Tgacon 59
65 DoctorGonzo 58
66 Chris James 2 57
67 Forceholy 57
68 Metalocalypse 56
69 spinst 54
70 Spiffster 52
71 TV Zombie 51
72 blasmeister 50
73 Eltoasto 49
74 fluffy bunnies 47
75 Raskolnikov38 47
76 Tricky Dick Nixon 46
77 SatoshiMiwa 44
78 Cavauro 40
79 Leggsy 40
80 Ishin 39
81 NilkNarf 39
82 Abraham Linksys 37
83 Bard Maddox 36
84 Dominus Vobiscum 32
85 Forceholy 32
86 MysticalMachineGun 32
87 friendo55 31
88 Revenant Threshold 31
89 ThePariah 31
90 Spiffster 29
91 that dick! 29
92 reddevil 27
93 Tecnocrat 27
94 Sanguinia 26
95 TheHoosier 25
96 wandler20 25
97 Raskonikov38 24
98 thatguyclint 23
99 Do it ironically 22
100 Fenrir 22
101 illcendiary 22
102 SilverMike 22
103 SteamyV 22
104 Vaah 22
105 Big Coffin Hunter 21
106 GenericMartini 20
107 Shima Honnou 20
108 LiquidCommunism 19
109 Blasmeister 18
110 dialhforhero 18
111 GeneX 17
112 ijii 17
113 oh dope 17
114 reach42 17
115 sleepwalkers 17
116 flashy_mcflash 16
117 optimist with doubt 16
118 ask me for warez 15
119 Frankenstein Dad 14
120 DigitalJedi 13
121 Wandler2o 12
122 Veryslightlymad 9

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Xerzes has the sex number score, nice

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They should just have both Survivor Series and MitB be big shows. Do something about that huge nothing gap between Mania and SummerSlam.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

VJeff posted:

They should just have both Survivor Series and MitB be big shows. Do something about that huge nothing gap between Mania and SummerSlam.

i count mitb as a Big Show score wise if that helps!!!!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Get ready for something that you've never known, there's only one Big Show.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
They should have just made the MITB match itself dual brand and the winner becomes a 'free agent' who could cash in on any belt in the company

But instead they're just going to give John Cena that gimmick because lol Smackdown

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

It's weird that for the past several years MITB was considered a "new Big 4" show after they stopped caring about Survivor Series, but now they're trying to make SS a big deal again and MITB gets relegated to the B-brand. Huh?

Just go to a Big 5 and be done with it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Maybe they could have some raw vs smackdown event and determine who gets money in the bank each year they do it. Just like the MLB all-star game is who gets home-field advantage in the world series.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kawalimus posted:

Maybe they could have some raw vs smackdown event and determine who gets money in the bank each year they do it. Just like the MLB all-star game is who gets home-field advantage in the world series.

They'd never be able to wait seven-eight months, but a RAW vs Smackdown match at Survivor Series could do it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kevin Eck (former WWE writer) did an interview where he talked about booking of previous MITBs. Highlights:

2011:
6 weeks after Bryan won, Vince had buyers remorse and the question was no longer when he'd cash in/win, but if he should be the first to fail the cash-in
Eck pitched Bryan+AJ as a couple, Gewirtz (head writer) liked it, Bryan had doubts
Vince liked the idea of Show beating Henry and then Bryan cashing in, wanted Bryan to gradually go heel after

2012:
Vince lost faith in Dolph and HHH felt the same, thinking he was too obsessed trying to be the new Shawn
Patterson wanted him cashing in/winning at Mania

2013:
Sandow, Barrett, Cody, Dean, Cesaro, Fandango, and Swagger all had at least a few supporters wanting them to be the winner. Eck wanted Barrett. Final two it came down to was Barrett and Sandow, Vince chose Damien
Months later Vince said "I think we went with the wrong guy"

2014:
Bray was the popular pick but Vince wanted more suggestions. Eck said "what about Sheamus" and Vince said yes
Eck told Sheamus the plan early, which Vince was against because "Plans Change." They did: Bryan got hurt, had to give up the belt, the ladder match was for the vacant belt, Cena won, then lost to Brock at Summerslam like Bryan was supposed to for the belt. Also around this time Punk walked, leaving a top face role free, which they gave to Sheamus instead of turning him heel at MITB. His plans for both heel, MITB winner, and champ were all pushed off till 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Vince lost faith in Dolph and HHH felt the same, thinking he was too obsessed trying to be the new Shawn

Only took about 3 years for the rest of us to figure it out

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Chris James 2 posted:

:aronrex:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MassRafTer posted:

I don't really care since I don't watch the product but I hated the two briefcases. MITB is already played out as a concept (as a PPV it's cool because you get crazy ladder matches and usually a good title match) and two feels so lame. WWE even seemed to realize that as they'd try to get rid of one of the cases as quickly as possible. Just have one guy hold the case and have it for both brands. It's funny that WWE had this show that was more popular and better quality than Survivor Series, but is so dead set on SS being a "big 4" show instead of just going with MITB as that instead and making it dual brand. But dual brand for one case and the guy can chase either belt.

Yeah, I thought the built in appeal to the briefcase with two (or three if you count ECW) brands/champs was that it gave the holder some real, unique power. It turned him into this free agent with all the leverage. GMs could recruit him because they saw the value or reject him seeing him as a selfish cancer. Champs could welcome him or fear him. He could pop around the brands as he saw fit and you might not even know he was in the building.

Having each brand and champ with its own MitB holder not only made it feel less special but took away that aspect. Its a shame with the brand split back they aren't using MitB as a dual brand special power that makes you basically fighting for free agency.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

There's a wwe ppv this sunday? :wtc:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

super macho dude posted:

There's a wwe ppv this sunday? :wtc:

Coins in the Sock is going to be a great PPV.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

St Evan Echoes posted:

bring back Summer Rae imo

This. And team her with the Fashion Cops.

Chris James 2 posted:

2013:
Sandow, Barrett, Cody, Dean, Cesaro, Fandango, and Swagger all had at least a few supporters wanting them to be the winner. Eck wanted Barrett. Final two it came down to was Barrett and Sandow, Vince chose Damien

Oh what a beautiful world it would have been.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 18, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gonz posted:

Coins in the Sock is going to be a great PPV.

finally hardcore matches are getting real

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

MassRafTer posted:

2010 was something else, it was the first time they did MITB as a stand-alone PPV, so we had 2 briefcase holders there, plus the MITB from Wrestlemania, plus Batista winning the title in a segment booked exactly like cash-in (Vince sent him out to fight a battered Cena in an impromptu title match). "Played out" indeed!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Cant wait for the man in the box ppv

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Cant wait for the man in the box ppv

*gets hype for Tommy Dreamer's return to the ring*

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Team BAD 4 Life https://twitter.com/coupdebanks/status/876163867734294528

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RealSummerWWE/status/8764811181107445762

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I called my Dad for Father's Day today (call your dads), and he asked me about Big Show getting shot. Apparently he saw this Onion article and didn't realize it was a joke.

http://www.theonion.com/article/wwe-staff-forced-shoot-aggressive-wrestler-after-c-56272

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

This is gone?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Guessing it was supposed to link to this?

https://twitter.com/RealSummerWWE/status/876481118110744576

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Clearly she has a new entrance theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i had a chuckle today I randomly thought of the brawl for all and Bart getting knocked the gently caress out by butterbean what was the wwe even thinking lmao

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Do it ironically posted:

i had a chuckle today I randomly thought of the brawl for all and Bart getting knocked the gently caress out by butterbean what was the wwe even thinking lmao

coincidentally i did too and i looked up what bart had to say and apparently he thought that if they wouldn't have sent him to get boxing training -- which made him green because he had to change his previous fighting style, which would have worked -- and he could do take downs he could have won, and he believes to this day that he could beat him up in an mma match.

my thoughts are obviously they didn't like bart that much or else they would have protected him instead of feeding him to butterbean.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Do it ironically posted:

The whole Brawl For All is the dumbest poo poo, and hilarious if you know the backstage dealings. Long story short, it was to punish Bart Gunn for being the wrong person to win a shoot fight competition instead of their preferred pick. Hardcore Holly and Jim Cornette have some insights into it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

brawl for all in itself was really stupid but at least we got to see jbl knocked out

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yo how excited is Karl Anderson about Maria coming back to wwe?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't Russo only book Brawl For All because he wanted to see Bradshaw get beaten up?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Benne posted:

Didn't Russo only book Brawl For All because he wanted to see Bradshaw get beaten up?

I hope so. That's a good reason to do anything.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Benne posted:

If he did that's his part of the debacle redeemed, doesn't excuse JR and Vinny Mac still going through with it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I hope Rusev becomes Mr. Money in the Bank

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought Brawl for All was mainly because of toughman competitions and the first wave of UFC getting popular in the late 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I thought Brawl for All was mainly because of toughman competitions and the first wave of UFC getting popular in the late 90s.

It was a way to capitalize on Toughman, UFC, get some unused guys something to do and try to push Steve Williams all in one. It was completely insane but both sides were doing crazy ratings stunts all the time.

• Locked thread