Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The best video game dad is five dads working together (:nws: kinda)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Red Bones posted:

The best video game dad is five dads working together (:nws: kinda)!

That's just a picture of hitler

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Hi.

How far am I in witcher 2? I'm past the swamp area, in the next area:
In the dwarf town. I remember fighting harpies in a pit outside. I've also encountered 2 trolls outside. I've also gone dungeon crawling in the dungeon below the dwarf city.

My game backlog is massive and I 'm trying to finish things but the siren call of games I've already played and finished (invisible inc, don't starve, xcom 2, prey) is greater than the siren call of games I haven't finished, (Witcher 2, mass effect 3, zelda: BOTW, persona 5) or the lure of games I bought at full price and never touched: (witcher 3 lol)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

redreader posted:

Hi.

How far am I in witcher 2? I'm past the swamp area, in the next area:
In the dwarf town. I remember fighting harpies in a pit outside. I've also encountered 2 trolls outside. I've also gone dungeon crawling in the dungeon below the dwarf city.

My game backlog is massive and I 'm trying to finish things but the siren call of games I've already played and finished (invisible inc, don't starve, xcom 2, prey) is greater than the siren call of games I haven't finished, (Witcher 2, mass effect 3, zelda: BOTW, persona 5) or the lure of games I bought at full price and never touched: (witcher 3 lol)

There are 3 main locations in a playthrough after the tutorial

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

You still have a while to go. Witcher 2 took me 25-30 hours to finish back in the day.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yakuza 0 is cool but all those mini games are kicking my rear end.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna know who does the character biography writing for the skylanders games

*Carries around massive chainsaw swords* why won't anybody hug me????

I saw this guy out of the corner of my eye at a store and thought he was carrying macuahuitls which is pretty awesome. I was disappointed when I saw it was actually something so pedestrian.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I love all video game dads.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Every Dad's Great in Your June Thread!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dr. Light is a good dad to both Mega Mans.

I guess Raiden's a dad but it's really embarrassing and stupid.

I'm not convinced either way about Geralt.

The best non-gaming dad is Uncle Phil.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dad

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I wish I could enjoy Lisa but some of the battles are beyond bullshit

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

Yakuza 0 is cool but all those mini games are kicking my rear end.

I love Yakuza 0, but honestly I dislike a majority of the minigames. The car racing one is probably my least favorite​, and I'm not sure why they made it the way it is, considering what actual slot cars are like...

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

How can you all forget the original Best Game Dad?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
slot car minigame best minigame

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol at getting literally railroaded through the final 3rd of ffxv

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

PYF dad in video games

Dyz fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 19, 2017

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol at getting literally railroaded through the final 3rd of ffxv

That game is so unfinished (and yet better than 8 and 13)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ain't no getting offa these tracks

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

slot car minigame best minigame

Why? It's decided almost entirely before the race starts.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
my wife and i both put FF15 down before we even got out of the open world part

we keep meaning to go back to it but we both haven't even finished P5 yet :sweatdrop:

Snak posted:

Why? It's decided almost entirely before the race starts.

While true, I don't see how that's a strike against it. And Kiryu playing with cars is so drat :3:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I really like Yakuza's side-missions because their tone reminds me of Deadly Premonition's similar silliness, they're great.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I find it really frustrating and dumb, and am baffled they didn't make it more like real slot cars, which are a lot more interactive ans controlled by a single analog trigger.

For me the experience is mostly "make the car that looks, on paper, optimal for the track" and then watch it lose over and over.

Edit: ^ yeah, I like basically all of the side missions, and I love the conversation/dialogue puzzles.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i like killzone 4 its good

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Hi goons,

Is Victor Vran worth $5?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Colonel posted:

time to play unreal: this time with voice acting and a plot

return to na pali sure is, a thing

all you have to do is use the assault rifle its the best gun by far

corn in the bible posted:

i like killzone 4 its good

yeah so is killzone vita

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I bought Horizon and Yakuza at the same time. I want to beat Horizon before I start Yakuza but as much fun as surgically placing arrows into robots/skulls is, I am fighting hard against the urge to punch goons for fun and profit. It's pretty good motivation to work through Horizon but I'm going to have to power through the story and force myself to stop hunting every collectible.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

all you have to do is use the assault rifle its the best gun by far

yeah so is killzone vita

ill have to check that out then. i'm enjoying this insanely mid-2000s fps. they dont make games like that anymore!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ostentatious posted:

yeah so is killzone vita

It's worth repeating Killzone vita is a great game best portable shooter ever etc. good in its own right too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i like how killzone 4 tries to be all WHO IS THE REAL MONSTER with the loving space nazi helghast

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bioshock Infinite did it first

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Bioshock Infinite did it first

yeah but in bioshock it comes across as pretentious instead of hilarious. not sure why that is, though

glowing-red-eyed gas mask nazi alien: this is our culture and you should respect it

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
dear everyone. I am playing mass effect 3 and am maybe 80%-90% of the way through. The place I am at is in the guys apartment, I've finished the charity party mission and the archives mission and killed evil shepard, now it's time to organise a party. how many hours of gamplay are left?

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

redreader posted:

dear everyone. I am playing mass effect 3 and am maybe 80%-90% of the way through. The place I am at is in the guys apartment, I've finished the charity party mission and the archives mission and killed evil shepard, now it's time to organise a party. how many hours of gamplay are left?

that's all dlc and not main mission so you could have ways and ways to go or be almost done.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The "stealth" section in Vanquish is as bland as I remember it. The game gets really bad during the monorail bits or whenever there's some gimmick area in general.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

that's a nice picture but a terrible dad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I am playing mass effect 3 and I am supposed to gather party supplies. I have wandered the silver strip for 20 minutes and I haven't seen a single loving party supply. Also I have friends IRL and don't care about video game parties. Can I skip to the end? how do I avoid all of this personal/friend/party poo poo and advance the plot?

edit: if I can't do that how can I buy the bare minimum supplies for a poo poo party to advance the plot?

• Locked thread