Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

bobmcdynamite posted:

Applied to Doctor Goons

Username - LongThickRichard

Added, Doctor Goons are full until Alliance conquest ends and we can boot some people that haven't logged in for a while. Wednesday I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Dark Momension--clearly a ravishing place to visit.

Sue Richards confirmed native T2

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Clawtopsy posted:

Congrats to blue.eyed.ash on winning the dumb contest! Enjoy your new avatar.

AMAZING. Thank you.

I will wear it proudly for a while (also I'm pretty sure I don't have the file for my old avatar anyway).

blue.eyed.ash fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 18, 2017

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Withdrew application from Doctor Goons because I did not even attend medical school, let alone graduate. I applied to Worst Alliance as Choralone, instead because based on the name, that's where I belong - it is kismet.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wizchine posted:

Withdrew application from Doctor Goons because I did not even attend medical school, let alone graduate. I applied to Worst Alliance as Choralone, instead because based on the name, that's where I belong - it is kismet.

Top tier goon C. Everett Koop will accept you. Give him the respect he deserves. You are now his squire.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Top tier goon C. Everett Koop will accept you. Give him the respect he deserves. You are now his squire.

I will be ready to spit-polish his armor at a moment's notice.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

These freakin 1000 mkran or whatever crystals, man. It's taking forever

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually have 1029 of them without even getting to that stage yet. I didn't take any real shortcuts with the X-Men (one 3* ticket for Storm and the pre-event chips for Beast and Rogue) so I'm still farming Storm to 5* and will be for another week+. Along with Rogue, Beast, and the Daily Missions I imagine I might have 2000 by the time I'm done with this Storm mission.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

You probably have shards, not crystals. They're different!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

You can only farm crystals from the veiled secret missions, which you can only run twice a day and each run drops like 5-10 crystals. And the converter in the lab lets you convery chaos norns to crystals too at a cost of 4 norns for 1 crystal, but you can't exactly convert tons of those every day either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart simpson posted:

You probably have shards, not crystals. They're different!

Oh gently caress, you're right. I don't even know what crystals are! I have none of them! You took me from top of the world to bottom!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Yeah I'm not looking forward to this mkrann wall especially cause I don't even have that mission unlocked yet

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, whatever. It took me 6 months to complete the Strange mission. Its called an Epic Mission for a reason. I don't need to speed through it. It gives me goals and bars to reach. It can't be worse than the Chaos Stone mission where it took forever just to be able to get a World Boss win.

I was just feeling really comfortable with my brilliant focus on hoarding shards and didn't even realize they were the wrong thing.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Dr. Strange quest only took me a week or two so I'm dying here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well I now have five whole crystals from the converter. So the journey is on.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I need 2000 norn stones of chaos and like really the only way to get them is the world boss? That's going to take me forever at 10 a day... am I missing something here?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

MarcusSA posted:

So I need 2000 norn stones of chaos and like really the only way to get them is the world boss? That's going to take me forever at 10 a day... am I missing something here?

Nope but you can do the double world boss rifts for more, world boss ul;timate, and SL for another few hundred

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It takes awhile. Once you get to the point where you can do 5 world boss wins most days it speeds up a ton. I went from collecting like 50-100 a week to 300 or so a week once I got a bunch of T2s and big gun T1s on my roster. The whole thing took me like 3 months but could have gone faster if I was more focused in leveling the right people up. You seem ahead of where I started.

So you just have to focus on getting as many daily WBRs as you can each day. So if you've got Sharon Rogers and Iron Fist build around them to try and make them 2 wins instead of 1. Then when you've done that work on a third winning team.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MarcusSA posted:

You're missing that you can do more than 1 run of world boss per day. If you can clear 5 world bosses and 5 world boss ultimates per day you can get about 80-100 per day from that, plus about 100-150 or so from Shadowland every week, plus things like the dimension rift event going on right now which adds another 25-30 per day as long as the event is up.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Basically with the addition of World Boss Ultimate you can now grind out almost enough T2 materials to T2 someone new every week without using a ticket, if you're dedicated on grinding and have enough 420 dudes lying around.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I'm just not quite at the point where I can clear the WB twice per day. I guess I just need to get my dudes higher up.

Someone mentioned Warwolf and Daisy? My WW is almost 20/20/20 should I work on Daisy?

Also it looks like Coulson puts in some work for WB is that the case?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fart simpson posted:

Basically with the addition of World Boss Ultimate you can now grind out almost enough T2 materials to T2 someone new every week without using a ticket, if you're dedicated on grinding and have enough 420 dudes lying around.

Yeah I don't quite have enough of those dudes laying around.

Before I quit I got a bunch of guys to 60 but didn't do much with their gear.

Oh yeah is there a guide for the WB? Like which Character can solo which boss etc? I've had good luck so far with Lady Loki, Sharon, and magnet man being able to solo a boss here and there.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I'm just not quite at the point where I can clear the WB twice per day. I guess I just need to get my dudes higher up.

Someone mentioned Warwolf and Daisy? My WW is almost 20/20/20 should I work on Daisy?

No dont

Warwold and Daisy you only really need at T1. They're literally only their for their buffs to your main character.

Warwold and Coulson both have pretty sick T2 passives, but those passives are only their to further buff your guys.

Do not bother significantly building up any of these 3 characters until you have a solid roster outside of them. You can get them to 6 stars and let them rot for months and they're going to provide the same value as if you had 420ed them.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

Warwolf and Daisy are used for the buffs, you bring them out use Warwolf's 6* skill and Daisy's 3*, then a Big hitter comes out like Proxima with her 6* skill or IF with his 5* and hopefully the boss is dead, if not you wait for cooldowns and do it again.
Coulson is used for his amazing passive at T2.

Edit: Beaten, badly.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
wait who the gently caress is clearing wbu 5 times a day

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

C. Everett Koop posted:

<- this guy

Depends a bit on damage proc timing, but it rarely takes more than 30 seconds to kill PM or BD, Corvus takes a bit longer with all the drat respawns and cutscenes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

C. Everett Koop posted:

Me is. Nothing can quench my chaos norn thirst

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Vodos posted:

<- this guy

Depends a bit on damage proc timing, but it rarely takes more than 30 seconds to kill PM or BD, Corvus takes a bit longer with all the drat respawns and cutscenes.

That's crazy. I have a huge stable of T2s, including all the big dogs except Dormammu and Jean, and I can't even scratch those levels.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Vodos posted:

<- this guy

How long does it take to clear the upper levels that people were getting creamed on earlier?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

How long does it take to clear the upper levels that people were getting creamed on earlier?

I haven't bothered with stage 3 in a while, but looking at the rankings, 60 to 90ish seconds. I havent' completed them myself yet, I'm pretty sure those kills are due to luck aligning just so and not easily reproduced.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Vodos posted:

<- this guy

how

teach me ur peaceful ways

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Finishing the epic quest was easy enough with some whaling, what bites my rear end is how long it'll take to get the xbios to 420 them. Well, Storm and Cyke anyway. Don't care that much for Beast.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Ramadu posted:

how

teach me ur peaceful ways

I was doing 70-90 second kills until I switched her obelisk from invincibility to a +180%dmg one and rolled her from IAAG to Overdrive. I'm still working on her uniform, leveling Deathlok's right now to boost her +all attacks (he also boosts the defense ignore slot for Strange's uni, which is a plus).
Otherwise it's just standard 3 5 4 2 3 5 4 2 etc. If you time the 3 to eat a oneshot attack and then proc the obi on her 4, she'll take off 1.5M+ hp with one shot :D

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Datasmurf posted:

Finishing the epic quest was easy enough with some whaling, what bites my rear end is how long it'll take to get the xbios to 420 them. Well, Storm and Cyke anyway. Don't care that much for Beast.

What bites my rear end is the Phoenix Feathers. Here's the stupid part.

I didn't buy the $70 X-Men pack. Waffled over it, but didn't. So now I've got Wolferine at all 17 gears (that use feathers instead of bios to level) stuck at level 55 and the epic quest stage where I need 1000 M'Krann Crystals.

I've got 385 M'Krann Crystals, and 1120 Phoenix Feathers. I'll have 2k feathers by the end of the week, and maybe 500 M'Krann Crystals. So because there's a cap on the number of feathers you can store, all the ones that I earn while I collect enough Crystals are just gonna get burned because I don't have anything to spend them on. I could use them to T2 someone, but I have tickets and if it do it naturally it's going to slow down progress on the epic quest because that also uses crystals. The Feathers are literally BAM, and the Crystals are Chaotic Norns, and they drop at the same disproportional rates.

I'd be totally cool with all this if they didn't cap the number of each thing you can hold.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They really need to do a better job balancing the X-Men stuff and blending it into the rest of the game a little better.

Also:

fart simpson posted:

You're missing that you can do more than 1 run of world boss per day. If you can clear 5 world bosses and 5 world boss ultimates per day you can get about 80-100 per day from that, plus about 100-150 or so from Shadowland every week, plus things like the dimension rift event going on right now which adds another 25-30 per day as long as the event is up.

lol, if you can clear WBU 5 times a day you probably don't have problems with resources

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Jean should be 6 star tomorrow. A few more days for enough gold to master and get the skills up

After her i think i need to focus more on finishing my story characters then I'll get back to the black order

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i suck at wbu

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've tried it a few times, got my rear end kicked, and just walked away. I'm not really gonna bother until I have a stable of native T2s. Which isn't happening any time soon. I'm saving all my resources until Wolverine's done, which will be awhile. So the Black Order aren't getting any better.

I'm just sticking to getting more Level 60s for Shadowland. I've got Yellowjacket, White Tiger, Ant Man, Hyperion, and Bullseye the last week. I'll probably shift my Dimension focus to Wasp, and I don't know about Special and Story. Maybe an Inhuman just for something different. Probably Venom for story just because he's closest to done and all my options kind of suck now. Maybe Blade because I like him.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 20, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I've tried it a few times, got my rear end kicked, and just walked away. I'm not really gonna bother until I have a stable of native T2s. Which isn't happening any time soon. I'm saving all my resources until Wolverine's done, which will be awhile. So the Black Order aren't getting any better.

I'm just sticking to getting more Level 60s for Shadowland. I've got Yellowjacket, White Tiger, Ant Man, Hyperion, and Bullseye the last week. I'll probably shift my Dimension focus to Wasp, and I don't know about Special and Story. Maybe an Inhuman just for something different. Probably Venom for story just because he's closest to done and all my options kind of suck now. Maybe Blade because I like him.

What does your roster look like now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

What does your roster look like now?

2nding this. There are some great special mission characters to farm up