Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if this all somehow culminates in corbin giving an end of days to rob gronkowski, or any other new england patriot, i am all for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
I'm annoyed because they really effectively teased AJ vs Nakamura. They'd done such a great job of running me off before that, and I almost got away

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

This is going to be the correct talking point

It was a tone deaf enough booking move that I wouldn't even be surprised if they get some vague bad mainstream press for it.

Like, its not going to become some CNN talking point or anything but I could see some fan like Beadle criticizing it.

Between that and Jinder Mahal saying he gets booed because of the color of his skin WWE's probably lucky its so culturally insignificant right now.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

lol, it's wrestling heat, guys. Pretty standard stuff, the heel cheated to win.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mulaney Power Move posted:

if this all somehow culminates in corbin giving an end of days to rob gronkowski, or any other new england patriot, i am all for it

:flag:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I swear to God it feels like WWE is on a dare at this point.

*House of Horrors*

EVERYONE: That was the dumbest match of the year
WWE: Hold my beer

*Alexa/Bayley Kendo Stick on a Pole*

WWE: Hold my beer again

*First-ever women's MITB match ends with a man winning it*

WWE: GODDAMNIT WE HAVE TO UP OUR ANTE HOLD EVERYONE'S BEER

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

*House of Horrors*

Question is where do they go from here? What will be the next "hold my beer" match?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

*House of Horrors*

At least they've accepted nothing they do can positively top any Okada/Omega match this year, so they're only going out of their way to make sure New Japan can't beat them for worst match too

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I can't think of anyone more worthy of fan criticism than Baron.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What's going to top women's MITB? Find out repeatedly over the next 5.5 months!

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

So, I started half an hour late, WWE app crashed during nakamuras entrance and when I opened it again opened to Corbin grabbing the briefcase

Did anything happen in that period of time that would make going back and watching that worthwhile

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

my honest take? this ppv was way better than extreme rules. the women's mitb match was fine although the ending contradicted the whole women's revolution thing which is just bullshit marketing anyway, no one thought a match with lana would be any good anyway and it's not like she won, and the final ladder match was pretty good and dolph ziggler didn't win. oh and it was more extreme.

as for the wwe title match i wasn't really paying attention and i'll have to watch it again and get back to you. namaste.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Bumper Stickup posted:

Question is where do they go from here? What will be the next "hold my beer" match?

Dolph Ziggler wrestles the mysterious Dark Ziggler in a Yapapi Strap Match

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

also okada/omega was good but it fell into the indie trap of doing way too many spots that looked like death leading to near falls only to end with something that didn't look as devastating

also i just can't take omega seriously. something about his face.

i guess i can't think of a recent singles match in wwe that was that much better, though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What are the legit best WWE matches of the year?

Cena/Styles at Rumble
Bate/Dunne at NXT Chicago

Those are the only ones I'd seriously consider for a worldwide Top 10 list. Has anything else in WWE even come close to that?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I mentioned this as a comparison in the other thread, but after thinking about it I'm really disappointed we'll never get the women's money in the bank finish with Miz and Maryse. That's the sort of thing that would have been great with wrestling's best couple. Just dumb and horribly mistimed with Carmella and Ellsworth.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I mentioned this as a comparison in the other thread but after thinking about it I'm really disappointed we'll never get the women's money in the bank finish with Miz and Maryse. That's the sort of thing that would have been great with wrestling's best couple. Just dumb and wasted with Carmella and Ellsworth.

I really can't imagine Miz climbing the ladder, getting the briefcase and handing it to Maryse.

I can totally imagine him interfering, getting beat down and/or chased by all the other women while Maryse grabs the briefcase herself though.

...actually that would have also been fine for tonight's match :thunk:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Benne posted:

Cena/Styles at Rumble

Those are the only ones I'd seriously consider for a worldwide Top 10 list. Has anything else in WWE even come close to that?

NXT tag titles at Orlando
Goldberg vs Brock

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Cena/Styles at Rumble

Elimination Chamber
Revival/DIY/AoP
MAYBE Owens/Roman at the Rumble...?

God, last year was so loving good for WWE in the ring and this year so has not been.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

dromal phrenia posted:

I really can't imagine Miz climbing the ladder, getting the briefcase and handing it to Maryse.

I can totally imagine him interfering, getting beat down and/or chased by all the other women while Maryse grabs the briefcase herself though.

Yeah, it would have been fine if Ellsworth helped Carmella and got his rear end kicked by the women for her. There might still have been some bad messaging for Carmella needing a man's help to win the first ever historic women's revolution MitB. But like, at least Carmella would have won it instead of literally being handed it by the man.

That just makes everyone look bad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

dromal phrenia posted:

Three or four girls taking turns chopping the poo poo out of the Miz while Maryse climbs the ladder in the background. Later, they were quoted as being unable to stop her because beating up Miz is just too much fun.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I even wanted Carmella to win because I thought she'd be fun with it. This just sucks. As annoying as it is when they invalidate ppv results right after how would you all feel if Bryan just came out this Tuesday and had them redo the match? I think it's a horrible idea and they just need to deal with their mistake but it's an option.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bumper Stickup posted:

the next ppv main event will just be a ring full of superstars racing to poo poo their pants first, it'll be won when HHH runs in with a pair of lovely boxers and reveals he poo poo himself when the PPV started so he's champ now.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Aside from Naomi every single WWE (and NXT) champion is a heel and both of the MITB holders are now heels.

This is all part of a long con to starve the fans of faces so they'll acquiesce when Roman beats Brock

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

I even wanted Carmella to win because I thought she'd be fun with it. This just sucks. As annoying as it is when they invalidate ppv results right after how would you all feel if Bryan just came out this Tuesday and had them redo the match? I think it's a horrible idea and they just need to deal with their mistake but it's an option.

It wouldn't surprise me if they had her defend the briefcase in some manner. Like a fatal 4-way and the winner faces her for the case. I just don't see the whole controversy thing with the refs coming to nothing. But this is WWE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Them doing a match where she must defend it is likely

Them doing another MITB ladder match, especially so soon after (and not on) a PPV specifically for the match, is definitely not happening though. And honestly it's going to suck if/when they ever do another womens MITB match, because this is how the first one will always be remembered

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the storyline is mitb was bad so dbry is going to book the next ppv to be better

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

At least they've accepted nothing they do can positively top any Okada/Omega match this year, so they're only going out of their way to make sure New Japan can't beat them for worst match too

I'm sure Cody will try his best.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

also i just can't take omega seriously. something about his face.

He has the natural look of someone who really enjoys the smell of his own farts.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 19, 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thing is I think the WWE wants a match as a good as Okada/Omegha 1 and 2 but really just can't get there even though they have the talent to pull it off

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

I'm sure Cody will try his best.

Omega got 4 Stars out of Fale so Cody shouldn't be lower than 3 and he's better than Jinder

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Based on various factors and some level of pure hunch, I would not be surprised if the MITB case somehow lands squarely in the love-empowered hands if Maria Kanellis. It would be stupid, so it will happen.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Everybody is missing the worst, and therefore most obvious WWE choice, outcome of the Womens MITB match.

James Ellsworth - Women's Champion. He got the briefcase down, so he decides to use it to cash in, and due to a loophole in the rulebook, he is crowned champion.

It's not like they haven't done it before with Santino Morella's "sister".

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So real talk because Vince is Vince:

Can you see James Ellsworth becoming Women's Champion?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Went to the show tonight.

1) The women's MITB was getting decent reactions and the Ellsworth moment got the heat they wanted. With the ref's arguing about it, there was hope that the match would continue. When they did not do that, the crowd went flat until there was a Shane chant to hopefully have him come out and restart the match. Carmella is fine with this set up but how she won was not helpful.

2) Fashion Police segment was well received and the announcement of the match drew cheers.

3) Usos vs New Day was an awesome match and it involved a tequila sunrise! Although we had a gently caress finish right before this, I was fine with this one because it means that both teams look strong for a rematch (which I hope is a submission match).

4) Women's title match was just blah on all levels (and except Carmella cashing in which got a pop). I miss my Rusev.

5) Title match was good with Randy Orton being treated like a god (along with his dad). The finish though seemed quick but it got the heat that WWE wanted.

6) I really blanked out during the Breezango match.

7) I would first like to say that I was most looking forward to Nakamura's
Entrance since I had never witnessed it in person before. With this thought in mind, I would like it to be known that Baron Corbin is a jerk, I hate him and I hope he gets kidney stones.

This match was awesome and the crowd was so into it. The ending seemed rushed though which (along with Corbin winning) made every leave pretty quickly.

This was my first non House show. It was so cool to see the background stuff that you never see while just watching the Network.

Once again, gently caress you Baron Corbin.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I will say this was alright booking for Nakamura in the WWE realm of alright booking. He killed everyone on his return and the only guy that actually matched up was AJ Styles.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Went to the show tonight.

1) The women's MITB was getting decent reactions and the Ellsworth moment got the heat they wanted. With the ref's arguing about it, there was hope that the match would continue. When they did not do that, the crowd went flat until there was a Shane chant to hopefully have him come out and restart the match. Carmella is fine with this set up but how she won was not helpful.

2) Fashion Police segment was well received and the announcement of the match drew cheers.

3) Usos vs New Day was an awesome match and it involved a tequila sunrise! Although we had a gently caress finish right before this, I was fine with this one because it means that both teams look strong for a rematch (which I hope is a submission match).

4) Women's title match was just blah on all levels (and except Carmella cashing in which got a pop). I miss my Rusev.

5) Title match was good with Randy Orton being treated like a god (along with his dad). The finish though seemed quick but it got the heat that WWE wanted.

6) I really blanked out during the Breezango match.

7) I would first like to say that I was most looking forward to Nakamura's
Entrance since I had never witnessed it in person before. With this thought in mind, I would like it to be known that Baron Corbin is a jerk, I hate him and I hope he gets kidney stones.

This match was awesome and the crowd was so into it. The ending seemed rushed though which (along with Corbin winning) made every leave pretty quickly.

This was my first non House show. It was so cool to see the background stuff that you never see while just watching the Network.

Once again, gently caress you Baron Corbin.

what happened on the ramp during the men's ladder match? Dunn missed it entirely because of course

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So Lana's gimmick is that she's green and straight cheesecake, replacing Eva Marie, right?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

BrigadierSensible posted:

Everybody is missing the worst, and therefore most obvious WWE choice, outcome of the Womens MITB match.

James Ellsworth - Women's Champion. He got the briefcase down, so he decides to use it to cash in, and due to a loophole in the rulebook, he is crowned champion.

It's not like they haven't done it before with Santino Morella's "sister".

He wasn't in the match though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The Randy Orton jinder match is really annoying. It's literally the same exact match they've already had before. Like spot for spot. The whole time I kept thinking it seemed like a first year student match. Every spot was the most basic spot you could think of. It was the safest most basic story you could think of. It seemed like a veteran working a first year student through a safe east match except you know it's a title match for the world heavyweight title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

So, Road Dogg took over for Bryan Ward after the Royal Rumble in the build up to Wrestlemania, right?

• Locked thread