Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/876968134443499520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gilbert got a mulligan on his team having the GOAT after loving it up the first time and managed to gently caress it up again.

LeBron could probably go back to Miami and lure some more good players now that they're not paying big money for Wade and Bosh anymore.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The Decision part three huh, but they say trilogies suck

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nevermind didn't read the article before posting.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think its possible this was always a 4 year deal with Cleveland since I don't know that Cleveland will want to be 4x+ tax repeaters and I don't think Lebron will be interested in a reload to get under the tax.

Firing David Griffin seems stupid regardless though.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Lebron going to the Clippers makes me think the Spurs might not get Chris Paul after all.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/876965789013823488

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The pipes, the pipes, are calling

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bashez posted:

Lebron going to the Clippers makes me think the Spurs might not get Chris Paul after all.

pretty clear the plan now is to hold pat until next offseason when SA can make room for a max and LeBron can opt out

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/876969410904424449

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Gilbert is the modern day Art Modell.

Seriously, go read up on how much of a sociopath that idiot was. Fired one of the greatest coaches of all time and drove Jim Brown to retire. That's the level of dipshit that Gilbert is.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao Gilbert is gonna blow up the team out from under LeBron's feet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i love it when these rich dipshits screw up the most obvious winning situations only because they literally cannot let anyone else take credit for anything

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FuzzySkinner posted:

Gilbert is the modern day Art Modell.

Seriously, go read up on how much of a sociopath that idiot was. Fired one of the greatest coaches of all time and drove Jim Brown to retire. That's the level of dipshit that Gilbert is.

And he does it all in Comic Sans :allears:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

i love it when these rich dipshits screw up the most obvious winning situations only because they literally cannot let anyone else take credit for anything

i have a theory that high-engagement sports fans are particularly desensitized to the myth that rich people are particularly smart because they see this happen so much

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/876973020866367488

Is this good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Itshappening.gif

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahahah loving hell. I'm so sorry Brolander

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

For the 2018 Eastern Conference Champion Toronto Raptors, yes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

For us yes

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lebron is under contract for next year tho

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dan Gilbert is trying to flex on Lebron. Why. Why are you doing this

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

lebron is under contract for next year tho

Lebron & Paul George to the Lakers confirmed

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

adam silver turns a dial to the mark labeled MAXIMUM OFFSEASON

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Do you like drama and comedy?

Then yes

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

not consulting Lebron is so loving stupid. I hope they sign every geezer in the league to multi-year deals only to have LBJ bail and leave them in cap hell. Hubris.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/876971332088549376

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

If LeBron leaves again?

I'll actually be happy for the man. Dude deserves better than this shithead running the team.

If there was a way he could have done the decision in a manner that ONLY would have pissed off Gilbert? That would have been good.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
annual reminder that Sam Amico's sources are jack poo poo and he's never scooped any of the reliable big names out there. Anyone might reasonably infer that Cleveland is fielding offers for Love because why not, but the odds of him scooping, say, Windhorst, on some Cavs news are nearly zero.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

annual reminder that Sam Amico's sources are jack poo poo and he's never scooped any of the reliable big names out there. Anyone might reasonably infer that Cleveland is fielding offers for Love because why not, but the odds of him scooping, say, Windhorst, on some Cavs news are nearly zero.

Kevin Love to Boston, I agree.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Everything is fine.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

man I wish LeBron owned this drat team instead...

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I mean Dan Gilbert also fired NBA Champion Mike Brown, TWICE. The same man who unlocked PNR on the Warriors.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

someone construct a better hypothetical for why this happened?

Gilbert thought the team was good enough to win because he spent all this money, was pissed Griffin was going after a big move with potential tax hits instead of finding bargain bin role players/vets. Gilbert was pissed that Griffin listened to Lebron with all the veteran pick ups and blames him for the lack of cap flexibility?

I mean obviously the real answer is that he's a giant dumb arrogant baby who thinks he's the reason they won a ring but what would be his potential thinking/excuse?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
No one is untouchable? Need to go all out to placate LeBron?

Exploding Computer
Oct 6, 2006
Fun Shoe

Adun posted:

Everyone loses!

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kevin Love to Boston, I agree.

Indeed it's going to be a wild few months with many tears shed; may summer santa leave you a griffin or a gordon underneath the tree.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ok I know I said Boston is pretty cool but now I'm in an Uber that has sports talk radio on

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

E2M2 posted:

I mean Dan Gilbert also fired NBA Champion Mike Brown, TWICE. The same man who unlocked PNR on the Warriors.

lol mike brown was horrible as a coach here.

Adun posted:

It's like the 2004 Lakers part 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Indeed it's going to be a wild few months with many tears shed; may summer santa leave you a griffin or a gordon underneath the tree.

It's gonna be GREAT

WhyteRyce posted:

Ok I know I said Boston is pretty cool but now I'm in an Uber that has sports talk radio on

Hahaha think of it like a sitcom

• Locked thread