Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm still not sure I understand how that first trilogy segued from Besser's stated goal of doing "grounded" scenes to ending with them trapped in a time-travelling elevator after Gabrus and Betsy had been eating bowling balls, but it was amazing. I've fallen off I4H lately but I'll definitely give this installment a go, sounds like all the things I like about the show when it's operating at its peak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

GobiasIndustries posted:

That original trilogy will never be topped IMO, but the format is great and I'm glad he's going back to it. Plus, Gabrus Jessica McKenna and Eugene Cordero, it'd be impossible to not be funny.

Gabrus and McKenna are the best and I'm glad Besser recognizes it. Cordero's cool too but I love those two every time.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jessica McKenna is the female Gabrus. Not in the 'disgustingly overweight' sense but in the 'this person is never not funny' sense.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jessica McKenna is the female Gabrus. Not in the 'disgustingly overweight' sense but in the 'this person is never not funny' sense.
Not empty-quoting and totally agreeing, I love McKennas improv.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
In Earwolf adjacent news, Gabrus is doing a Doughboys-style Patreon campaign for weekly Action Boyz episodes with Ryan Stanger and Bang Rodgeman. First episode is a commentary track for Terminator 2 that went up today. Between this and Hollywood Masterclass, that's a lot of Bang... for your buck.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Am I the only one who thought Bang Rodgeman was a goof on Scott Auckerman for ages? I did not realize he was a real person until he popped up on an HH episode.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I struggle to think of anyone else when I hear that name.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The man, the myth, the Bang.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
So the High and Mighty episodes that I actually look forward to are going behing a paywall? Cool.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

It's only five bucks dude. I'll just tack it onto the five bucks I pay for Doughboys and Best Show and Chapo and Citation-- holy poo poo maybe a la carte isn't a sustainable pricing model for this medium

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So, is the Howl download exploit also on the Stitcher site?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

ArtVandelay posted:

So, is the Howl download exploit also on the Stitcher site?

Follow up... how does it work?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
why is the stitcher app such a piece of poo poo? howl wasn't great but it was functional at least

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bump_fn posted:

howl wasn't great but it was functional at least

wait what

SMP
May 5, 2009

Unmerciful posted:

It's only five bucks dude. I'll just tack it onto the five bucks I pay for Doughboys and Best Show and Chapo and Citation-- holy poo poo maybe a la carte isn't a sustainable pricing model for this medium

I quit Doughboys for now because I don't feel like paying more than $5 a month for podcasts, and I'm already paying for Chapo. It's really not sustainable.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
HH Spoiler:
"I think, instead of maybe the Succubus, maybe what she should be called is the Suck-till-you-buss."

*Silence*

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
God bless him, he really persevered w/ that one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I really thought that the last episode was the end I need to stop falling for this

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

I could star the things I wanted to listen to and sort them by oldest I listened

In stitcher even when I chose "sort oldest to newest" it lists the newest episodes first

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Help Im Alive posted:

I really thought that the last episode was the end I need to stop falling for this

g'bye show

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JethroMcB posted:

I'm still not sure I understand how that first trilogy segued from Besser's stated goal of doing "grounded" scenes to ending with them trapped in a time-travelling elevator after Gabrus and Betsy had been eating bowling balls, but it was amazing. I've fallen off I4H lately but I'll definitely give this installment a go, sounds like all the things I like about the show when it's operating at its peak.

I just did a relisten of the series and the second scene is Betsy dating Charles Manson so things escalated rather quickly.

I forgot the first two episodes (well mostly the first, the second only had one scene I think) weren't all sitcom scenes. So this time around we are going to get a little bit more.

e: I also completely forgot about Besser's non mellow surfer character who they keep inserting into scenes that Besser quickly tries to take out of so he can go back to directing.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 20, 2017

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

Follow up... how does it work?

right click the page of your ep, click inspect source. search for the mp3 link, copy and paste that link into your browser

or, right click play button, inspect element. the mp3 link should be there too

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I love PSR but hoo boy was Gourley an obnoxious baby on this one

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3507938&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=146#post449694280

heres an interesting post you guys might like

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm not sure what that string is supposed to do, but it does nothing for me. Anyone want to explain?

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

nice Thanks

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Terror Sweat posted:

right click the page of your ep, click inspect source. search for the mp3 link, copy and paste that link into your browser

or, right click play button, inspect element. the mp3 link should be there too

And that is how I'm going to listen to Classic Showbiz with Cliff Nesterroth

Which is a good show, speaking of which, but reminds me of those weird thing that Classic Showbiz and that show with Toure do.

They do all these audio interviews and get snippets from these different people about whatever situation or person they're talking about, and then they'll play like 2 seconds of the person interviewed going "huh, yeah" and then cut to the host just saying what I'm sure the person being interviewed was about to say.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

ArtVandelay posted:

I'm not sure what that string is supposed to do, but it does nothing for me. Anyone want to explain?

It makes a download button appear . . .

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

try making a bookmark with that as the url on your bookmark bar, open a howl show page, and click the bookmark

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Greggy posted:

try making a bookmark with that as the url on your bookmark bar, open a howl show page, and click the bookmark

What browser should I be using for this? I'm on firefox on a mac, and whenever I paste it in, it does nothing except do a google search where it finds this thread.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Firefox doesn't seem to let you do it the bookmark way (hit f12 for the console though, that works) but it should work in chrome

if it still doesn't work though, consider buying Howl! for the cost of a cup of coffee you get to hear "Egg Roll hUNT"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ArtVandelay posted:

What browser should I be using for this? I'm on firefox on a mac, and whenever I paste it in, it does nothing except do a google search where it finds this thread.

You have to put it into your browser's console. Hit F12 and choose the console tab.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Crindee posted:

I love PSR but hoo boy was Gourley an obnoxious baby on this one

Go on.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Last season Matt drew on Mark's forehead, and this year Mark wasn't having it.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I thought it was kinda funny when he started talking about how it's the biggest adversity he's ever faced and talking about being betrayed by your brother in the trenches, but a lot of it was super low energy "arrgh cmon" and it was grating to listen to.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

So Kulap had an interview on SCPR about Bajillion and that documentary that's never coming out

https://www.scpr.org/programs/the-frame/2017/06/21/57526/bajillion-dollar-properties-showrunner-kulap-vilay/

But the other weird thing mentioned in it was that apparently she got pregnant and miscarried a few years ago. I remember people, I think in these forums, speculating that the two of them were having issues trying to conceive based off of something that Scott or Kulap was saying on podcasts. Guess it's confirmed :(

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

piratepilates posted:

So Kulap had an interview on SCPR about Bajillion and that documentary that's never coming out

https://www.scpr.org/programs/the-frame/2017/06/21/57526/bajillion-dollar-properties-showrunner-kulap-vilay/

But the other weird thing mentioned in it was that apparently she got pregnant and miscarried a few years ago. I remember people, I think in these forums, speculating that the two of them were having issues trying to conceive based off of something that Scott or Kulap was saying on podcasts. Guess it's confirmed :(

I... Uhhh... Think Scott very passively made a joke about this, and I honestly can't remember what bit it was during. He very sheepishly says that he and his wife are trying, and failing, to conceive, and he's talked right over by whatever character is on. I can't believe that was real.

e: Might've been during Jack S'Junior/Brian Pieces when they asked whether he had a family. Could arguable have been a joke that long ago, I guess, but still.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 22, 2017

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The reason people thought it could be true is because it didn't just come up once, he mentioned it a number of times over a relatively short timespan on different podcasts including multiple times on CBB. Always in passing, but the frequency made it seem like it was coming from a real place.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
He also mentioned it on the first Leykis appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Listening to other Earwolf hosts stumble over Shonc Lemons and Bang Rodgeman reading Hollywood Masterclass ad copy is taking me back to asking writers about their show, 2 Broken Girls.