Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So uh, is Succubus just broken on console? Finally got one in a keg and I've been wanting to try it out, but it only lets me place it on the opponent's first row (though oddly enough I can choose all 3 of my own rows). Pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work.

RatHat posted:

Yep, Letho too.
Supposedly it's only bugged with Xbox controllers, (even on PC!)

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why would you play a card game on PC with a controller...?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Subvisual Haze posted:

Why even have the numerical ambiguity if one is functionally a 1 turn reaction time and the other is a 2 turn reaction time? I mean I'll be the first to confess to being a knuckledragging illiterate card game plebian, but a more functionally intuitive description would seem like a net boon to everyone?

what would that look like? the difference between "does stuff at turn start" and "does stuff at turn end" is pretty important. imagine weathers triggering at turn end so you can pull your units out of the way /clear the weather before they get hit. and if you have that difference, you still want different timers obviously. i'm all for clearer UI (why can i still not see my cards during the mulligan phase if my opponent is still picking ffs) but the gameplay elements should absolutely function the way they do now.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

RatHat posted:

Why would you play a card game on PC with a controller...?

A couch, big TV, and nice living room are all good reasons. PCs are really good consoles.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Supposedly it's only bugged with Xbox controllers, (even on PC!)

It's bugged for me on PS4 so I dunno.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

botany posted:

what would that look like? the difference between "does stuff at turn start" and "does stuff at turn end" is pretty important. imagine weathers triggering at turn end so you can pull your units out of the way /clear the weather before they get hit. and if you have that difference, you still want different timers obviously. i'm all for clearer UI (why can i still not see my cards during the mulligan phase if my opponent is still picking ffs) but the gameplay elements should absolutely function the way they do now.

This and the fact that when you're choosing cards they aren't all displayed within one screen. Don't make me loving scroll to pick which card to mulligan.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Vicovaro medics aren't getting the 3 point strengthen when I use a decoy on them. That's good, I shudder at the thought of them not collapsing instantly from bears, below normal temperatures or stiff breezes.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Subvisual Haze posted:

Vicovaro medics aren't getting the 3 point strengthen when I use a decoy on them. That's good, I shudder at the thought of them not collapsing instantly from bears, below normal temperatures or stiff breezes.

Lol, of course. I use two of them in my deck and it'd be super if they were at least 2 power. In spite of that I've gotten my spy deck to be pretty formidable. Just a little more tinkering required

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
CDPR has updated matchmaking and the leaderboard system.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6idvbp/update_to_matchmaking_system_and_leaderboards/

Basically, quicker finding of opponents and improved MMR gain/loss systems. Mostly affects top ranked players, but does affect the whole system.

Edit: Lots of people are reporting getting like 10-20 MMR a win, which means if you weren't already a high rank, it's gonna take you quite a bit longer. Kind of sucks since I mostly played casual until the client and meta stabilized.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 20, 2017

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Anybody else getting a lot of "An error has occurred which prevented the game from continuing" messages today?

Overall, the whole network experience and UI for this game feels really janky and I hope those are their top priorities to fix before release.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This and the fact that when you're choosing cards they aren't all displayed within one screen. Don't make me loving scroll to pick which card to mulligan.

you cant be bothered to scroll? is this real?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I still get driven completely insane by the black screen post-mulligan. Like so bad that it makes me stop playing and I'm normally pretty resilient to UI issues. It just blanks you out at the most interesting point of the game, when you've drawn new cards for a round.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

I still get driven completely insane by the black screen post-mulligan. Like so bad that it makes me stop playing and I'm normally pretty resilient to UI issues. It just blanks you out at the most interesting point of the game, when you've drawn new cards for a round.

I just stare at my Gwent Tracker and hope to notice which card I drew fast enough

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
You can still right click cards in your hand, but it is insanely annoying no doubt.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Also it's crazy you can't jump between collection and deck editor

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
it is also extremely gay as a perjorative that when regis or similar are picking cards from your deck/graveyard you can't see which cards they're picking

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Up Circle posted:

you cant be bothered to scroll? is this real?

Obviously I can be bothered, I play this all the time. UI isn't about designing something that most users will put up with it's about creating something the user either doesn't notice because it's so smooth and intuitive or something that's only noticed because it delights.

A mulligan system in which I can see all of my cards at once makes more sense than the weird scrolling action.

In addition when you're rezzing units they need to have it show which units are in which graveyards. That poo poo's screwed me a few times. The two graveyards just merge together which for cards like Assire Van Anahid is super loving confusing.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Lester Shy posted:

Anybody else getting a lot of "An error has occurred which prevented the game from continuing" messages today?

Overall, the whole network experience and UI for this game feels really janky and I hope those are their top priorities to fix before release.

If you notice the game is treating things like you lost the match (rank decrease) there's a fair chance your opponent was using an exploit.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

In addition when you're rezzing units they need to have it show which units are in which graveyards. That poo poo's screwed me a few times. The two graveyards just merge together which for cards like Assire Van Anahid is super loving confusing.

This is so obnoxious in a dragon mirror and I just wanna griffin my opponents foglet. It's basically a 50/50 assuming all 6 froglets are in the graveyard and none (or all) are premiums

The mulligan black screen is honestly kinda mind boggling considering the otherwise high production values of the game. It's so obviously a problem idk how it made it past alpha.

Also, it's super dumb when deck building and you search a card name in filter, you have to close the filter, put the cards in, then reenable the filter to clear it etc. There should just be a search bar for doing that like every other online card game

Good game tho.

Bizarro Kale
Oct 15, 2005

So It Goes posted:

This is so obnoxious in a dragon mirror and I just wanna griffin my opponents foglet. It's basically a 50/50 assuming all 6 froglets are in the graveyard and none (or all) are premiums

There's a trick to get around this, if you hover over a card in the graveyard menu and hold Tab the menu will hide and you can see the card on the right of the board - highlighted red if in their graveyard or blue if in your graveyard.

Bizarro Kale fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 20, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I feel like I'm so close with this spy build and I can't quite get it right.

Bizarro Kale posted:

There's a trick to get around this, if you hover over a card in the graveyard menu and hold Tab the menu will hide and you can see the card on the right of the board - highlighted red if in their graveyard or blue if in your graveyard.

Really? Thank you! How did you figure that out?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Bizarro Kale posted:

OMG

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

I feel like I'm so close with this spy build and I can't quite get it right.

Rainfarn and Ciri being weak is real bad and doesn't really help.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
God the oval office I just played. He was running the Avallac'h netdeck but every single turn he played took almost the whole rope. It's like he had to meticulously check "okay he played this now I need to play this" every round. I wish there was a chat option to yell at the prick to just play cards. You're not lifecoach. Stop loving roping and play.

I wouldn't be as mad if he didn't win by 1 point.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Bizarro Kale posted:

:eyepop: the gently caress

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Electronico6 posted:

Rainfarn and Ciri being weak is real bad and doesn't really help.

Rainfarn is loving useless.

I've been testing out Vilgefortz with it now. I think finding the right combo of golds is what's screwing with me.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
rainfarn's real good if you're doing the meme letho/fring builds where you need 100% draw consistency on them

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Minrad posted:

rainfarn's real good if you're doing the meme letho/fring builds where you need 100% draw consistency on them

You can do that without wasting a gold on him.

Weirdly, I'm running into as many Nilfgardian decks these days as I am Skellige. It's interesting because almost every NG deck is different.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Ugh literally 100% of my matchups are skellige bears and that dumbass Foltest witcher deck.

What can you even play to stop that? You can't lock them down, can't pull them out, and you never get a chance to go first and yank them out of the graveyard because they always have a gigantic round 1 and then their first play is Neneke, which they never don't have.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ugh literally 100% of my matchups are skellige bears and that dumbass Foltest witcher deck.

What can you even play to stop that? You can't lock them down, can't pull them out, and you never get a chance to go first and yank them out of the graveyard because they always have a gigantic round 1 and then their first play is Neneke, which they never don't have.

No Idea. I've fallen 800 MMR after I hit rank 15 because my decks just blank vs them.
Consume Monsters with the silver that eats a card from the enemy graveyard is solid, NG medic to steal things from the enemy graveyard.

We've reached the inevitable stage of every card game, where graveyard recursion kills everything.
It happened to MTG.
It happened to Netrunner.
It's happening to Gwent.
It will happen to you.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 21, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sultan Tarquin posted:

God the oval office I just played. He was running the Avallac'h netdeck but every single turn he played took almost the whole rope. It's like he had to meticulously check "okay he played this now I need to play this" every round. I wish there was a chat option to yell at the prick to just play cards. You're not lifecoach. Stop loving roping and play.

I wouldn't be as mad if he didn't win by 1 point.

Looks like it worked, casual. :smug:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

The Gorp posted:

No Idea. I've fallen 800 MMR after I hit rank 15 because my decks just blank vs them.
Consume Monsters with the silver that eats a card from the enemy graveyard is solid, NG medic to steal things from the enemy graveyard.

We've reached the inevitable stage of every card game, where graveyard recursion kills everything.
It happened to MTG.
It happened to Netrunner.
It's happening to Gwent.
It will happen to you.

This meta is just insanely unfun and basically hand-designed to gently caress over the decks I enjoy so I think I might just take a break until the next patch. They made some very weird decisions with this last pass so I'm not sure how optimistic I should be, but this game is a lot of fun when there is some actual variety.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
The variety is "which of the three types of Skellige do you want to play?" and beyond that "want to play a different faction? Here are the single viable deck for each".
It's not great, but somehow I'm less furious than I was at NG ultraconsistancy being blatantly the coolest kid on the block.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 21, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

The Gorp posted:

The variety is "which of the three types of Skellige do you want to play?" and beyond that "want to play a different faction? Here are the single viable decks for each".
It's not great, but somehow I'm less furious than I was at NG ultraconsistancy being blatantly the coolest kid on the block.

Yeah, I'm a super casual player and part of it is just that I barely had enough scrap to build the one deck I've enjoyed the most so far, and Skellige just shits on it unless I get really good draws and they get bad ones. Like eventually I'll have some other options but it's just such a slog right now.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh god gently caress this consume monsters bullshit, it's closed beta all over again :suicide:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Did Spell Scoiatael get hit too hard by the recent nerfs to be viable? I just opened Ithlinne and I'm trying to decide if spending 1600 scrap to finish the deck is worth it. I haven't played a single Scioatael game, but I love annoying, non-interactive decks.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

frajaq posted:

Oh god gently caress this consume monsters bullshit, it's closed beta all over again :suicide:

It's good, and by that I mean it's the single Monsters deck at the moment.
A bear or two utterly ruins it because of how many units spawn, and putting any form of weather on the ranged row basically kills the deck.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Lester Shy posted:

Did Spell Scoiatael get hit too hard by the recent nerfs to be viable? I just opened Ithlinne and I'm trying to decide if spending 1600 scrap to finish the deck is worth it. I haven't played a single Scioatael game, but I love annoying, non-interactive decks.

It's viable, but I would warn against it.
You need to have superb piloting skills, no decision should be made without 5 seconds of thinking the choice through. You need to be prepared to play entirely reactively and to know your matchups if you want to stand a chance with it.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

The Gorp posted:

It's viable, but I would warn against it.
You need to have superb piloting skills, no decision should be made without 5 seconds of thinking the choice through. You need to be prepared to play entirely reactively and to know your matchups if you want to stand a chance with it.

the variation that runs witchers is slightly easier to pilot since it has more proactive options. it's still not the easiest deck though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Rainfarn is loving useless.

I've been testing out Vilgefortz with it now. I think finding the right combo of golds is what's screwing with me.

Rainfarn was great pre-nerf, and was enabling the spy deck along side Ciri, more so than Tibor or RNR. Right now he is good with Fringilla but finding a spot unless your running a dedicated deck with her is kinda hard.

Vilgefortz is nice, though missing an ever present roach and constant blind pulls makes him frustrating. Often these days I use him more as a scorch than anything else. I miss Skellen but he just doesn't fit in these days.