Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Anyone else notice that some pokemon now have different models for each gender? I caught a female wobbuffet with lipstick.

Or was always a thing and I just never noticed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Geoff Zahn posted:

Anyone else notice that some pokemon now have different models for each gender? I caught a female wobbuffet with lipstick.

Or was always a thing and I just never noticed?

It's always been a thing (since the start of Gen 2, anyway) but it's only a very few pokes that do it. Wobbuffet and Sneasel are the only two that I can think of offhand, although there are probably others.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Huh, I'm surprised I never noticed before. I honestly thought it was a glitch at first when I was trying to catch it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

There's actually a lot of Pokemon with gender differences in gen 1 and 2.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_with_gender_differences

A lot are pretty subtle but if you check both sexes in the Pokedex, you can see them pretty easily.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

The gender differences didn't actually appear in the games until generation 4 (DS) so if you've only played the game boy versions you wouldn't have seen wobuffet with lipstick.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

The gender differences didn't actually appear in the games until generation 4 (DS) so if you've only played the game boy versions you wouldn't have seen wobuffet with lipstick.

Yes; however, all of the gender differences are in Pokemon Go.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

If you look closely you'll see it's bounced off and headed for the trainer.

Hopefully someone taught that sneasel brick break.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Picayune posted:

It's always been a thing (since the start of Gen 2, anyway) but it's only a very few pokes that do it. Wobbuffet and Sneasel are the only two that I can think of offhand, although there are probably others.

Yeah, female Pikachus have a "heart-shaped" tail.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I am happy that TMs are going to exist because my 100% Arcanine just rolled Crunch. Although I doubt I will ever manage to see one.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I have no idea how many Cyndaquils and Houndours I've caught this event, but it's over 100 of both, and none of them have an IV over 72.

I just want a wonder Typhlosion and Houndoom …

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Has there been word about Raids scaling with number of participants?
I'm in a medium density area.. I'm sure we'll have people turning up for raids but I doubt they'll be full. Hopefully raids won't require 10-15+ to knock down otherwise rurals are gonna be boned again.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
drat, still no gyms and just two stops in the village where my family lives...

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
iOS is live. Android was yesterday.

Math You posted:

Has there been word about Raids scaling with number of participants?
I'm in a medium density area.. I'm sure we'll have people turning up for raids but I doubt they'll be full. Hopefully raids won't require 10-15+ to knock down otherwise rurals are gonna be boned again.

There's an option for private rooms during the raid, so it can scale up. I don't know about scaling down to 10-15 though. Maybe just a tougher battle. Personally, I wanna know if I can solo a boss battle.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Is the event over? Back to boring poo poo again?

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

It should be over now, yeah. Still no working gyms.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Can we just skip the legendary birds and go straight into legendary beasts? Every goober is gonna want the bird that represents their team. I'm smarter because I'm going Pokémon Go 2.0 and want a Raikou to represent Instinct. Lightning tiger is so much better than Sesame Street Big Bird.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I stopped playing three months ago and was only level 30, I've been keeping an eye out for something big though. I wonder how much my lovely Pokemon will have to do to get stuff from gym raids or if I can just mooch off of the level 40 geeks.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
I see that my game says raids are not available for my level. Do yo have to be a certain level to do them, or is it saying that for everyone right now? I'm level 35

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Robokomodo posted:

I see that my game says raids are not available for my level. Do yo have to be a certain level to do them, or is it saying that for everyone right now? I'm level 35

I'm level 40 and raids are not available yet. Probably not until July.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Dr Tran posted:

I'm level 40 and raids are not available yet. Probably not until July.

Does it say "not available for your level"?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
When is the 1 year anniversary? Maybe then

keldon
May 14, 2009
I happened to be in Florida during the last week and managed to catch a Corsola the first day and a Heracross on the last day. Success! I can hardly wait to put them in gyms so that everyone will have a shadow in their dex that they can't easily fill in.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

When is the 1 year anniversary? Maybe then

I believe it came out right after the 4th of July. I started playing on the 7th, but I think it had been out a few days before that.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

July 6th for US and Europe, but a few Japanese players could test it out in March.

People have found if you evolve Pokemon with a strike through it, the strike is removed.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

keldon posted:

I happened to be in Florida during the last week and managed to catch a Corsola the first day and a Heracross on the last day. Success! I can hardly wait to put them in gyms so that everyone will have a shadow in their dex that they can't easily fill in.

I actually really like it when people do this, it gives you a silhoutte so I can easily remember what regional I'm missing instead of forgetting and wondering if Magnemite has a 3rd evolution or whatever.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

keldon posted:

How far north does it extend? I might pay a visit to my old stomping grounds in Tampa Bay, and it'd be nice if these guys are floating around down there.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ballz posted:

How far north does it extend? I might pay a visit to my old stomping grounds in Tampa Bay, and it'd be nice if these guys are floating around down there.

I've caught tons of Corsola and Heracross in St Pete. They spawn in Tampa as well. You're good in Orlando too. Corsola should be all in Florida, anywhere south of Ocala should be good for Heracross (north for Tauros).

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

I actually really like it when people do this, it gives you a silhoutte so I can easily remember what regional I'm missing instead of forgetting and wondering if Magnemite has a 3rd evolution or whatever.

It does.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

keldon posted:

Ahah, so that's how I ended up with a Mr. Mime in my shadow-dex.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Ever since the update, it seems like my character has been drifting a hell of a lot more than before. I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing, but is anyone else getting this?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I have a female Gengar, but it isn't registered to my Pokedex.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Dr Tran posted:

My pokemon master said my Dewgong was 9 inches long, the biggest hes ever seen, but I havent even evolved one seel

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Dr Tran posted:

I think this is the case for Pokémon evolved before the gender update came out. Which is total bullshit, because I've got to go catch another hitmonchan & Lee to get those icons filled in even though I've got the 'dex entry :arghfist:

I_Socom fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 22, 2017

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Robokomodo posted:

Oh are gyms operational again?

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

SuperKlaus posted:

Oh are gyms operational again?

No, but the tracker has tabs now.

Even level 40 trainers are getting the same message about not available for your level. I think we just need to wait until the gyms re-open.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
The loading screens are so nice!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Nantic needs to do something about these spawns when there are no events, they're consistently absolute poo poo.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Spawns definitely confuse me. I recently started a new job on a college campus and enjoy taking walks during the day to get out of the office for a bit. There are multiple stops on campus and after this update we went from 3 gyms to 4. However there are 0 spawns when I walk around. Pokémon just don't seem to spawn anywhere on campus and even the "nearby" tracker never shows Pokémon at any of the stops on campus. I have no idea why this is. At least I can spin stops but it'd be nice to see some spawns as well.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

In rural Ohio for a week and I have to drive 5 miles or so to see a stop or gym. There's no spawns at my parents house either. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Louisgod posted:

Nantic needs to do something about these spawns when there are no events, they're consistently absolute poo poo.
Something like being able to remove certain 'mons from appearing on your radar would be enormous and get people in urban areas to go out more/further. My sister works from home and will go days without seeing anything interesting (and her definition of 'interesting' isn't a very high bar to clear). So much trash.

Protip posted:

Spawns definitely confuse me. I recently started a new job on a college campus and enjoy taking walks during the day to get out of the office for a bit. There are multiple stops on campus and after this update we went from 3 gyms to 4. However there are 0 spawns when I walk around. Pokémon just don't seem to spawn anywhere on campus and even the "nearby" tracker never shows Pokémon at any of the stops on campus. I have no idea why this is. At least I can spin stops but it'd be nice to see some spawns as well.
I've seen 'islands' where there are stops but no spawns (for instance the US Senate office buildings). Seems random.

• Locked thread