Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Nalin posted:

That is 5V 2.4A, which qualifies it under "Good Enough**", and the ** points out that some of those chargers will send over 2A instead of 1.5A, which makes them "Good". However, considering that the Switch doesn't use any proprietary charging tech that I'm aware of, it could just be the result of an out-of-spec cable tricking the Switch into pulling 2A. If that's the case, be careful where you plug that cable into. Or it could be Power iQ throwing more power at the Switch than it requested, but I don't think that could be possible.

Ah OK. Well I doubt it's the cable as I bought it in March. Anywho it's a good cheap charger so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
if you were looking at Cave Story+ and didn't want to buy the same thing again, good news! they added new areas/weapons and a new ending to the switch version.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Imagined posted:

Already seeing this on PC with games like Strafe and Devil Daggers.

Yeah it's a thing now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOYoj-a4UI4

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

friends, I've been hunting for a Switch and I'm trying to get one before the end of the summer, so as to avoid the nonsense of the holidays. any advice?

I got on one wave of the gamestop bundles, you might just bite the bullet and order online. I didnt wanna have to wait but it was the only way i was guaranteed one. I think they ship out as they get them, i was able to get the colored one which i think mighg be a bit more popular?

I also got cave story and my keychain was the lil girl, i kinda wanted the main character one, but it still looks cool on my switch backpack next to my puyo puyo and tetris gimmick merchandise -- plus all the little extras are neat.

The game looks real nice too, but Egg corridor music seriously gave me a headache. Chippy chirpy static noises are not a soundtrack.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i got a switch after like 3 months of looking, so other then mario kart and botw idk what's out like right now to get. op has suggestions but noticing a lack of rpg's, am i gonna have to wait for one to come around...

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Devoyniche posted:

I got on one wave of the gamestop bundles, you might just bite the bullet and order online. I didnt wanna have to wait but it was the only way i was guaranteed one. I think they ship out as they get them, i was able to get the colored one which i think mighg be a bit more popular?

I also got cave story and my keychain was the lil girl, i kinda wanted the main character one, but it still looks cool on my switch backpack next to my puyo puyo and tetris gimmick merchandise -- plus all the little extras are neat.

The game looks real nice too, but Egg corridor music seriously gave me a headache. Chippy chirpy static noises are not a soundtrack.

there's four separate soundtracks in cave story+, and the "cave story+" soundtrack is hot garbage. switch to "Organya", its a custom music format Pixel made for the original cave story and is hella good.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Rip off

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

JethroMcB posted:

Are we entering the period when retro nostalgia means the hip style for indie games over the next few years will be blocky models and muddy, juddery textures? I always forget that people younger than me exist and their first console wasn't an NES.

NES was my first console too, and I'm still nostalgic for early 90s lovely 3D. I'm a nerd tho

Devoyniche posted:

You can switch the soundtracks, there's like 3 of them on there I think

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

i got a switch after like 3 months of looking, so other then mario kart and botw idk what's out like right now to get. op has suggestions but noticing a lack of rpg's, am i gonna have to wait for one to come around...

ARMS

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Jesus loving christ, please no

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
All I know about Cave Story is that it's been $7 in every Steam sale since Obama's first term.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I am susana? Is an rpg on the store... thread isn't the biggest fan of it but it's there

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Carlosologist posted:

friends, I've been hunting for a Switch and I'm trying to get one before the end of the summer, so as to avoid the nonsense of the holidays. any advice?

My friend bit the bullet today and bought a Gamestop bundle, I believe hers came with BotW and Cave Story.

I am Setsuna is decent. It's also on everything else for cheaper though.

E:

LionArcher posted:

I am susana? Is an rpg on the store... thread isn't the biggest fan of it but it's there

Well I don't know about I am Susana but I am Setsuna is a solid 7/10 so gently caress the thread.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 22, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So I know the switch is region free. Is there a way to access non-local eshop?

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Japan's eShop got some nice shovelware this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbCH1eUhWlc

All yours for for the low low price of 500yen!

Why do they even bother in the 21st century. loving embarrassment.
Though the game you posted next with the cool CG had an idiotic typo: "Humanities Last Stand."

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

So I know the switch is region free. Is there a way to access non-local eshop?

Make another account, and set its region to whichever country's eshop you want to shop at.

Edit: You may also be able to just change the region on your one account, shop, and then switch back.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

do you think if i ask amazon nicely via a email postcard they will ship my switch early

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Make another account, and set its region to whichever country's eshop you want to shop at.

Edit: You may also be able to just change the region on your one account, shop, and then switch back.

You can do the second one, but be warned that doing so allegedly zeroes out your wallet balance.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

enojy posted:

You can do the second one, but be warned that doing so allegedly zeroes out your wallet balance.

My wallet balance was already zero, I wish I had known this was an option before I made a second account just to download one demo. Hopefully the UK account will prove itself useful in the years to come.

And if Duolingo + my two years of Japanese in college end up getting me anywhere it might be worth making a Japanese account eventually.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

The last 3 sundays I've gone to target when they opened and they've had switches in stock.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Infinitum posted:

Also a really really cool looking game in the coming soon section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g2mJ2sr8jY
The PSP lives, a sequel to Rengoku

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Lobster posted:

I am not looking forward to this new era of PSO/Saturn/N64 nostalgia. Please do it in proper HD format, guys.

It was the most significant generation leap in console history and you will show it proper respect!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It was the most significant generation leap in console history and you will show it proper respect!

scrolling screens might be bigger

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Jonas Albrecht posted:

no

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Harlock posted:

The PSP lives, a sequel to Rengoku

It won't truly live again until Nintendo commissions Konami to make a new Metal Gear ACID for the Switch.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

scrolling screens might be bigger

le doubtful

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo of Japan offer an apology for stock shortages of their dead gay console with 0 games

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Lakbay posted:

You must have missed E3 because Randy Pitchford said there's already a Borderlands movie in the works

I didn't miss it, I deliberately avoided it.

dude we didnt even get splat tim 2 and hat mario yet give it a chance before calling it gay

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
So I booted up my Switch for the first time in a couple weeks looking for something new to play and saw Cave Story was posted in the thread. It's 30 loving dollars? Seriously? Pretty sure I bought it 9 years ago on the Wii eShop for like $8.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It has a + sign

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

So I booted up my Switch for the first time in a couple weeks looking for something new to play and saw Cave Story was posted in the thread. It's 30 loving dollars? Seriously? Pretty sure I bought it 9 years ago on the Wii eShop for like $8.

switch is a system for suckers who buy old games for full price

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

You bought a free game for 8 dollars. What a chump!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have a switch now and BOTW even though i already beat it at a friend's house. i only did the main quests that time though, so now i'm just gonna do all the rest. side quests, gettin the memories, I'M NOT DOING THE KOROK SEEDS

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

i have a switch now and BOTW even though i already beat it at a friend's house. i only did the main quests that time though, so now i'm just gonna do all the rest. side quests, gettin the memories, I'M NOT DOING THE KOROK SEEDS

They're every where and take like, a second. Get some Korok Seeds.

Get some Korok Seeds or go to hell.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Spend money on the DLC next week to get the mask that lets you know whenever you're near a Nut Boy.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I mean you don't have to get any Korok seeds but good luck managing your base inventory.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Played a bunch of Splatoon today in anticipation of the sequel. I can't wait!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Housh posted:

Played a bunch of Splatoon today in anticipation of the sequel. I can't wait!

How's the population these days? I stoped with 1 so 2 will have maximum freshness.:cool:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm not playing Zelda again until the DLC is out so I can play it on hard mode to prove how cool and strong I am :frogc00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Bill Barber posted:

the switch is a place to play ports and remakes for premium $$$ :mmmsmug:

• Locked thread