Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Oh hey, let me shill for the digital distributor out there and catch you yobbers on some hot dealz/recommendations! just because I'm flat broke doesn't mean you can't be too! What would you rather have? A sandwich, or a new game you'll never play??

:siren: GoG Summer Sales are still happening for a little less than a week! :siren: Here are a few to consider in today's highlights imo

Never Winter Nights Diamond - $4.99

:supaburn: Theme Hospital - $1.49 :supaburn:

Dungeon Keeper Gold - $1.49

Dungeon Keeper 2 - $1.49

Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe Edition - $2.09

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill Pack - $3.49

System Shock 2 - $1.49

Sim City 2000 - $1.49

FTL - $2.49

Also that Wing Commander with Malcolm McDowell and Mark Hamill - $1.49

Catch the fever!

Shopping fever! :heysexy:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizzatime

war wind, war wind 2, silver & evil islands

Starman Super DX

wistfully: now there's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time...

Tell me more!

3D Megadoodoo

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes was not at all what I expected :prepop:

Bobby Deluxe

i wish it wasn't so hot in the uk, i am concerned if i turn the ps4 on i might actually die

3D Megadoodoo

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i wish it wasn't so hot in the uk, i am concerned if i turn the ps4 on i might actually die

install it in your bathroom, water-cool yourself while playing

3D Megadoodoo

I'm causing Time Paradises like there's no tomorrow. Boss? Boooossssss!

DirtyBear

glittermitten grove is confusing :|

DirtyBear

not completely done with it but so far frog fractions 2 is nowhere near as good as the first, though I think part of what made the first good was not knowing wtf i was starting and having no expectations

Twenty Four

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It is supposed to be 120F / 50C -ish here the next few days, and wont be much better for months. Not sure where in the UK you are but London looks like about 85F / 30C -ish for the next few days. You and your PS4 will make it!

ScrubLeague

sorry you live in phoenix. it's a cool city but i don't know how anyone lives there.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Starman Super DX

the worst it gets where I live is probably mid 90's(f) and I can't even sleep if it gets over 74F. idk how you guys do it haha.
Here's hoping I at least never end up in a desolate hellscape like Australia.

Still playing Rim World. Occasionally Crysis for some reason, and I've been getting urges to play a fun version of Oblivion or New Vegas

Tell me more!

DirtyBear

DirtyBear posted:

not completely done with it but so far frog fractions 2 is nowhere near as good as the first, though I think part of what made the first good was not knowing wtf i was starting and having no expectations

I finished (but not 100%) and....the later parts are much more similar to the first frog fractions. overall the game was definitely cool, very out there. its too bad it took me so long to get through the fairy city-building part because that part suuuuuucked

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

My mom is taking her annual extended leave right now so she can escape the summer of the northern hemisphere to hang out with my aunt and cousins in Australia during their winter. I am envious

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Bobby Deluxe

the difficulty with comparing american heat to uk heat is that you guys have the infrastructure, architectural design and aircon to better deal with it

in the uk we have cornettos and tiny houses that face the afternoon sun

e: oh, and at the moment i'm playing star trek online and i'm thoroughly ashamed of myself

fridge corn

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i was playing doom yesterday and was expecting my ps4 to melt spectacularly but it made through! 😀

Twenty Four

Bobby Deluxe posted:

the difficulty with comparing american heat to uk heat is that you guys have the infrastructure, architectural design and aircon to better deal with it

in the uk we have cornettos and tiny houses that face the afternoon sun

e: oh, and at the moment i'm playing star trek online and i'm thoroughly ashamed of myself

At home I guess, at work half the time im outside and the other half its still in the 90s to 100s F inside summertime.

Anyhow my video game point was that you totally should be fine to run your PS4, the computers at work dont blow up and its way hotter!

Unless you mean just running electronics makes it hotter inside as they run hot, and then yeah, that sucks!

ScrubLeague posted:

sorry for where you live. it's a cool city but i don't know how anyone lives there.

If it wasn't for the tiny amount of family I have left (that I really love), plenty of friends I care about, and fear of change, I totally would live somewhere cooler. Or just spend the summers in Alaska where I have spent a bunch of time. It is awesome there now, but I don't have anywhere near "summer home and winter home" money.

But, video games are good beat the heat activity when I don't have to work. I really could use a new PC though so I can play stuff made in the past half decade or so, even on low settings.

Bobby Deluxe

Twenty Four posted:

Unless you mean just running electronics makes it hotter inside as they run hot, and then yeah, that sucks!
that one, yeah. the tv is an older model so it kicks out an impressive amount of heat by itself, but the PS4 is like a small storage heater in terms of what it can put out.

Starman Super DX

Maybe I'm just drunk, but this sounded like a good idea. I'm a baby when it comes to horror games.

Would people watch a stream of me playing Uninvited on the NES at some point?

Before you answer, listen to this music and look at the box art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPu270Eoedc

Tell me more!

vanisher

Just got an email from steam all my watch list is on sale, woo

limaCAT

il pistone e male
Convince me not to buy a gaming laptop

----------------

TOOT BOOT

limaCAT posted:

Convince me not to buy a gaming laptop

Gaming desktop is considerably more economical and less likely to break down. For the price of a gaming laptop you could get a desktop+Switch or desktop+ipad.

I guess if you''re rich go for whatever but otherwise it's not really worth it

limaCAT

il pistone e male

TOOT BOOT posted:

Gaming desktop is considerably more economical and less likely to break down. For the price of a gaming laptop you could get a desktop+Switch or desktop+ipad.

I guess if you''re rich go for whatever but otherwise it's not really worth it

Wel yeah, I have a desktop but I cannot lug it around and I am too far from home :(
I also don't play on the Switch that much atm but that's because it's me not him.

----------------

treasure bear

Gaming laptops aren't very portable, are loud, can't be upgraded, mobile components don't perform as well as their equally model numbered desktop counterparts and are often entirely different, they're also very prone to breaking, don't generally have enough room for a load of games, current kaby lake boards can suffer bad coil whine.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

treasure bear posted:

current kaby lake boards can suffer bad coil whine.

What?

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

they're really loud

----------------

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I have a gaming laptop but that's because I use intensive software at work that needs that kind of power along with a main desktop.

Desktop is always better.

Turtlicious

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pomp posted:

they're really loud

WHAT'S REALLY PROUD?

----------------

Twenty Four

Turtlicious posted:

WHAT'S REALLY PROUD?

I am, of all of you!

Moola

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ristar is the one with the really good music right?

e: Yeh its also fun to play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxaXn36wQZ8

I just jammed the gently caress out listening to this

Starman Super DX

Turtlicious posted:

WHAT'S REALLY PROUD?

loud Howard coming through here

successful day at the local game con today. Sonic 3 for :10bux: and Super Bomberman 2 (JP) for 10. GF picked up Silent Hill and Resident Evil 2.
we went in on Demon's Crest together for far too much. no reasonably priced boxes this year unfortunately. none that I wanted anyway.

Saw Ristar in-box for 80$. the real kick in the crotch though was the tattered, barely hanging on sticker on the box's bottom right hand corner that said "Zany Brainy- $5.00"

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 24, 2017

Tell me more!

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Pomp posted:

they're really loud

Kaby Lake sounds like a lady who would tour with Natalie Prass, and I'd go.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I've been playing N:A for a few hours now and it's pretty good. Not too hard for someone with my lack of coordination too. I give it 2 thumbs pointed upwards, in an approving manner

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Homeworld deserts of kahark is good as heck.

----------------

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
Been playing "Darkest Dungeon". Not the deepest game play and its mechanics are designed to kill off lots of your party members, but still a fun bit of idle diversion. Worth it for $9.99 it's currently on sale on Steam for, but probably not its quoted $24.99 full price.

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I gave up on that game after I lost one to many max level hero's to focused fire on the first turn of combat.

----------------

Petr
Today I fired up Majesty 2 again and jesus it's bad

----------------

Petr

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Been playing "Darkest Dungeon". Not the deepest game play and its mechanics are designed to kill off lots of your party members, but still a fun bit of idle diversion. Worth it for $9.99 it's currently on sale on Steam for, but probably not its quoted $24.99 full price.

This game scratches my poker itch that I can't do online anymore, because if you want you can reduce every decision you make to expected value and sometimes take ridiculous risks that actually pay off. Or you can just gently caress around with it and still have fun.

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

Moola posted:

I just jammed the gently caress out listening to this

the first time i was playing this and the thing started in the music (at around 0:40 in this youtube) i was like whoa wow why have I never heard about this game before gently caress ron hubbard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr

Turtlicious posted:

man i legit want to be an lp'r but im always too scared to do it because the internet is mean.

You're bad at this, gently caress you. Your voice is dumb.

There, it's over with, now go carpe diem

----------------