Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GutBomb posted:

I saw what I think was an ambulance with side pipes rolling coal today in Salt Lake City.

Edit: to clarify, it was definitely an ambulance. I saw black smoke pouring out from under the left side near the back of the driver's door when he took off from a light. It stopped spewing it once he wasn't hammering it.

Ambulances usually have side exit exhausts because you don't want diesel exhaust gassing the patient while you're putting them in the back door.

Geirskogul often talks about the ghetto 600k mile ambulances he gets assigned to, so one roiling coal shouldn't be surprising either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah, different models have different exhausts. Some are rear right side, some are driver's side midbody (because the passenger side has the side door, can't put an exhaust under that).

The rolling coal is normal for the Ford 7.3s and the 6.0hno's as well, based on the mechanic's budgets and BAC.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
if its smoking it means its still running

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

GutBomb posted:

I saw what I think was an ambulance with side pipes rolling coal today in Salt Lake City.

Edit: to clarify, it was definitely an ambulance. I saw black smoke pouring out from under the left side near the back of the driver's door when he took off from a light. It stopped spewing it once he wasn't hammering it.

Probably ate a turbo.

See also: every Mk4 TDI left in existence.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
E: here's the first nine trucks I photographed in the lot. I just got to work

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
https://giant.gfycat.com/ChubbyNeglectedDinosaur.mp4

or

http://i.imgur.com/hwKtFhg.mp4

from
http://abcn.ws/2t0b6fa

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That motherfucker!

In the HOV lane with only 1 occupant! What an rear end.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

nsaP posted:

That motherfucker!

In the HOV lane with only 1 occupant! What an rear end.

Yeah, that car had no business there.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That guy is now a hero to all motorcyclists.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The car that got kicked probably deserved it. The cars that slammed into that car as it spun wildly across the freeway did not.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PT6A posted:

The car that got kicked probably deserved it. The cars that slammed into that car as it spun wildly across the freeway did not.

Well, that was an escalade pickup truck, so statistically.....

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
MIGHTY FOOT ENGAGED

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Definitely doesn't skip leg day.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

xzzy posted:

Definitely doesn't skip leg day.

Probably won't have em much longer anyways.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
So many questions. Was the kick because the driver had moved into motorcycle's lane while he was still in it, or had there been some earlier incident leading up to this? Was the swerve an intentional effort to take out the motorcycle as revenge for the door dent, or was it the involuntary reaction of a driver startled by being struck by a motorcyclist they had no idea was there because they were texting and driving? Will the motorcyclist be found and compelled to give his side of the story?

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Repo Man posted:

So many questions. Was the kick because the driver had moved into motorcycle's lane while he was still in it, or had there been some earlier incident leading up to this? Was the swerve an intentional effort to take out the motorcycle as revenge for the door dent, or was it the involuntary reaction of a driver startled by being struck by a motorcyclist they had no idea was there because they were texting and driving? Will the motorcyclist be found and compelled to give his side of the story?

Well, based upon a scientific reading internet comments: if you have two wheels the evil Nissan driver tried to kill the innocent rider once by merging onto him, failed and tried again. If you have four wheels the methed up hells angel reject was probably stomping puppies before he PCP power kicked the hapless Sentra. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Repo Man posted:

Per the article:

quote:

About 100 yards ahead, Traber said he saw the silver sedan, which was in the carpool lane, swerve to the right to enter the fast lane, almost hitting the motorcyclist.

"Obviously, it really scared the motorcyclist," Traber said, adding that he could tell by their hand gestures that the two motorists were then engaged in a heated argument.

Traber knew he should start recording when he saw the motorcyclist kick the sedan's passenger side door, he said.

"Hey, something is gonna happen here," Traber said he thought to himself.

By the time Traber began recording, the motorcyclist had driven to the other side of the sedan and kicked the door on the driver's side, Traber said.

and

quote:

After the collision, the motorcyclist continued driving southbound and did not stop Greengard said, adding that police are actively following leads that may reveal his or her identity.

The incident is still under investigation, Greengard said.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

monsterzero posted:

Well, based upon a scientific reading internet comments: if you have two wheels the evil Nissan driver tried to kill the innocent rider once by merging onto him, failed and tried again. If you have four wheels the methed up hells angel reject was probably stomping puppies before he PCP power kicked the hapless Sentra. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As someone who doesn't drive motorcycles, but once suffered the misfortune of renting a Sentra: Sentras deserve to be kicked, all of them, and anyone who buys one (new) deserves to be involved in a serious collision. gently caress that awful, awful car so much.

EDIT: If you buy one used, it's because you need a car, and some stupid braindead gently caress was dumb enough to buy it new, which is a crime deserving of punishment. If they hadn't been so dumb, you could have a good used car for roughly the same price.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 23, 2017

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

PT6A posted:

As someone who doesn't drive motorcycles, but once suffered the misfortune of renting a Sentra: Sentras deserve to be kicked, all of them, and anyone who buys one deserves to be involved in a serious collision. gently caress that awful, awful car so much.

My first car was a Sentra, kick one for me.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Thumposaurus posted:

We have restricted street parking in our neighborhood since in the past people would park on the street and walk to the bus stop to go downtown.
We've had more and more people exploiting this since the parking restriction ends at 5pm.
We've also had a lot of suspicious activity cars being broken into, one car put up on blocks and the wheels taken the other day, packages being stolen off of porches, etc...
Just earlier today our neighbor across the street caught some guy cranking down in his mini van in front of her house.
So we're very suspicious of any unfamiliar vehicles parking in front of our houses.
This isn't a crap hole neighborhood it's an affluent suburb.
People have reasons to suspect unfamiliar vehicles if someone speaks to you about it they probably have a good reason.

True

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/16/tonawanda-sub-eater-may-move-new-street/

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Powershift posted:

Well, that was an escalade pickup truck, so statistically.....

You could say that escaladed quickly.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

PCOS Bill posted:

Yeah, that car had no business there.

From the article:

quote:

The driver of the sedan stayed on the scene and was not issued a citation, Greengard said.

While he wasn't issued a citation on scene, it would be very interesting to know how that swerve into the motorcycle was anything but attempting to kill him. That's an easy assault with a deadly weapon charge at least, maybe attempted vehicular manslaughter?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
if he'd of killed the motorcyclist he'd be in jail and the road would have two less retards on it. we really got the worst outcome here.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The Locator posted:

While he wasn't issued a citation on scene, it would be very interesting to know how that swerve into the motorcycle was anything but attempting to kill him. That's an easy assault with a deadly weapon charge at least, maybe attempted vehicular manslaughter?

I've watched it a few times and I still can't tell if it was an intentional swerve or if the Sentra is such a dreadful piece of complete garbage and poo poo that a kick could destabilize it enough for that to happen. Having driven one, I'm leaning toward the latter, given there seems to be no gap between the kick and the "reaction."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Locator posted:

Defense would be the biker has such massive glutes the kick was a pit maneuver. :v:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Is it a hit and run if you leave the scene of a road rager trying and failing to kill you? Seems like there's entirely reasonable concerns for your own safety involved, there.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Javid posted:

Is it a hit and run if you leave the scene of a road rager trying and failing to kill you? Seems like there's entirely reasonable concerns for your own safety involved, there.

If you don't call the cops immediately after, yeah.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

The Locator posted:

The sudden strike to his car by the motorcycle caused him to rapidly turn his head in panic and his hands turned with it.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
I hate road rage as much as the next guy but I'll be damned if some people aren't just asking for somebody to drag them out of their car and beat the living poo poo out of them.

I'm in the left lane, and the guy to my right starts to come over. And it's not like he miss judged the gap and made me slow down a little, I was next to him. If he had any kind of peripheral vision he had to see me. I didn't even realize he was definitely merging at first, I thought he was drifting a little. I mean, he couldn't possibly think...oh poo poo! I leaned on the horn but he kept coming, staring at me as I'm veering to the shoulder as if daring me to not get out of his way.

What the gently caress is wrong with people?

Murphys Law fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 23, 2017

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

HFX posted:

The sudden strike to his car by the motorcycle caused him to rapidly turn his head in panic and his hands turned with it.

Wouldn't this exactly be his defence? And one that worked?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
I had a person give me the finger after I honked them for jumping into traffic without signalling and going sub-20 in a 30 zone.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

ilmucche posted:

Wouldn't this exactly be his defence? And one that worked?

It would be a defense. It should never be a good one though as you have just admitted your poo poo driving

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

Foxtrot_13 posted:

It would be a defense. It should never be a good one though as you have just admitted your poo poo driving

"I heard something that sounded like another car striking my car. Since I was already in the left most lane, I assumed that it came from the only adjacent lane. I took evasive action to try to stop a minor one from becoming a larger one. When I did so, there was already a large amount of dirt and debris in my lane which caused me to lose traction. This small correction resulted in a much larger accident due to this debris which can be clearly seen in the video."

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
"See the guy already kicked my passenger side so when he got around to my driver's side I totally wasn't expecting another kick."

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/Z1TZmeZ.gifv

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:jeb:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Saw a Buick doing the speed limit in the left lane of the freeway get stopped by the troopers last night :unsmith:

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

B4Ctom1 posted:

"I heard something that sounded like another car striking my car. Since I was already in the left most lane, I assumed that it came from the only adjacent lane. I took evasive action to try to stop a minor one from becoming a larger one. When I did so, there was already a large amount of dirt and debris in my lane which caused me to lose traction. This small correction resulted in a much larger accident due to this debris which can be clearly seen in the video."

"So you had no idea that a vehicle was sharing the lane with you and you were startled when it made its presence known?"

That in Britain would be a text book case of Driving Without Due Care and Attention. You should know what is going on around your vehicle at all times.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
How. How do people not understand that unless there's a sign that says NO TURN ON RED, you are actually allowed to turn right on red. Why is this a thing that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Phanatic posted:

How. How do people not understand that unless there's a sign that says NO TURN ON RED, you are actually allowed to turn right on red. Why is this a thing that happens.
Better than the alternative.

Your "turning right is ok even if your light is red" is weird as gently caress, though.