Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

The way he ate that uppercut was impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Why is Sokoudjou still fighting

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

willie_dee posted:

He's only 33.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

willie_dee posted:

They probably pay him more than being like, a bushmeat hunter or whatever people in Cameroon do for money

edit My Cameroonian coworker informs me the best way to make money on Cameroon is to be a cop and shake people down for bribes constantly so being hit in the head by Russians is probably a mild improvement

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Trying to relive the glory of coming out of complete obscurity to knock out Lil Nog when he was easily a top 10 light heavyweight. What a crazy upset.

El Roncho fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 16, 2017

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

El Roncho posted:

Trying to relive the glory of coming out of complete obscurity to knock out Lil Nog when he was easily a top 10 light heavyweight. What a crazy upset.

And arona. Back to back. Amazing

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
However arona lost because he had *rummages through filing cabinet* jungle fever so bad he had to retire. So. Fight doesnt count

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
All judo guys love to throw bombs with their rudimentary striking and get knocked out I've noticed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's only 33.

It only feels like he's been fighting for a century

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Anyone here know where I can watch KOTC-Canada tonight? A guy from my gym is fighting on their card tonight, but their facebook page has no info, and their website is hosed, seemingly containing only folders of heavily photoshopped images of the ring girls

http://www.kingofthecage.ca/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: I'm dumb, that's US and not Canada, sorry

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Chris James 2 posted:

ed: I'm dumb, that's US and not Canada, sorry

no prob. I had that problem first too, when trying to figure out why the KOTC events were listed for tomorrow, but the board at my gym said tonight.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Trying to trigger Keven I see

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
In the promo for the fight it was just arona running barefoot through the jungle and hanging out with tigers, then immediately after he got knocked out he was like "somehow i ended up with dengue fever. Who can say how" and then that was the end of ricardo arona

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

glad to see sergei still owns

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
He did come back and have a way too competitive fight with Marvin Eastman didn't he?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
and the Silva-Yvel Memorial Groin Shot of the Year award goes to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwIz0Diu0kY

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Whoa. Worse than the Chris Tuchscherer one.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

so do amateur fighters not wear cups

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

Aorigele is in the highest ranks of the pros, having fought such competition as Herb Dean

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Soothing Vapors posted:

smh at this guy who doesn't know about seasoned profighter and master of the Mongolian horsehead fiddle https://ure.uncg.edu/prod/cweekly/2015/02/25/aorigele-horsehead-fiddle/ Aorigele

he's fought hong man choi AND bob sapp

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Soothing Vapors posted:

*joe rogan voice*

the sound that that kick made...

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
attn: rheinhold http://mmasucka.com/2017/06/21/sergei-kharitonov-believes-next-fight-will-roy-nelson/

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I have so much to learn

Officer Sandvich posted:

Aorigele is in the highest ranks of the pros, having fought such competition as Herb Dean

lmao

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Thats a very winnable for our sergei

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Soothing Vapors posted:

the cup just keeps the balls from bursting, doesn't help any for the muscles and sensitive poo poo around the groin the cup gets driven into.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If you're fat getting hit in the nuts hurts more because you look funnier. Sucks but one of the drawbacks of being overweight.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Work Friend Keven posted:

If you're fat getting hit in the nuts hurts more because you look funnier. Sucks but one of the drawbacks of being overweight.

I keep coming back to SA for honesty like this.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Soothing Vapors posted:

A piece of his ball might have gotten caught between his skin and the cup and then the cup got kicked.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

coconono posted:

the cup just keeps the balls from bursting, doesn't help any for the muscles and sensitive poo poo around the groin the cup gets driven into.

I've seen a number of guys on my team go down from the cup being out of position or smashing things along the way. It's not a force field, it's a piece of hard material floating somewhere near your genitals.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Biodome posted:

A piece of his ball might have gotten caught between his skin and the cup and then the cup got kicked.

tfw

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Anybody else excited to finally see the debut of the highly touted Aaron Pico?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ryan Bader promises that now that he's no longer getting win bonuses he will no longer be a boring timid fighter http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/ryan-bader-says-new-pay-structure-will-allow-him-to-be-more-free-in-cage-at-bellator-18

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Wise Learned Man posted:

Whoa. Worse than the Chris Tuchscherer one.

And here's a timely article on it:

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/worst-foul-in-ufc-mma-history-for-chris-tuchscherer-groin-shot-low-blow

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another (weeklyish) crosspost from the UFC Fight Pass thread for a B-League card this weekend.

Cage Warriors 85: Piechota vs Radcliffe - Sat, Jun 24, 2017 4:00PM ET
https://www.ufc.tv/video/cage-warriors-85

Jason Radcliffe vs Oskar Piechota
Martin Stapleton vs Donovan Desmae
Andy Manzolo vs Lee Chadwick
Leah McCourt vs Rizlen Zouak
Damo Weeden vs Cameron Else

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

One hour left in the Bellator weigh-ins. Everyone on the televised and PPV cards have weighed in successfully except for Lorenz Larkin. Still waiting on him to make the WW title fight official.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Rigel posted:

One hour left in the Bellator weigh-ins. Everyone on the televised and PPV cards have weighed in successfully except for Lorenz Larkin. Still waiting on him to make the WW title fight official.

is it just me or has the conor vs floyd fight kind of counterprogrammed this whole event just by being announced a week ago? i have heard almost nothing about it

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

is it just me or has the conor vs floyd fight kind of counterprogrammed this whole event just by being announced a week ago? i have heard almost nothing about it

Totally, they announced the Conor/Floyd right after the NBA and NHL finals were over so a lot of news outlets ran with it. This PPV has gotten no attention at all, even from some of my IRL friends who are pretty big MMA fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It shouldn't be a PPV that's why.