Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

WebDO posted:

Friendlandu is a terrible idea because of holy immunity. Fryevia is not replaceable in your lineup

Really? Maxwell has Holy Immunity?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the thing to unlock maxwell was a god awful summon one. Why do these still exist.

Double Edit: I can't even buy cactuar to level up Garnet because it keeps giving me an error at the mog king.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Makes sense since she does light damage.

Here's to hoping I can get the limit crysts and not destroy *her in 2 turns.

Edit: corrected to be more gender sensitive

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yes.

Eventually people will catch on and change their Excalibur's to something else. Maybe.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Easiest way to dispel your own party? The fight is pretty simple until she atk ups herself then def down + light res downs your entire party, then she kills 2 units a turn and I just can't keep up the battle of attrition

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

To answer my own question:

Yes 1 Fryevia Flower Blitz will take 15NRG Maxwell to likely 1/2 health.

It then became a game of trying to do as little damage as possible while getting crystals to drop. Got everything but the "don't die". Luckily I know how to get around that in 2-3 turns.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Easiest way to dispel your own party? The fight is pretty simple until she atk ups herself then def down + light res downs your entire party, then she kills 2 units a turn and I just can't keep up the battle of attrition

Tillith 6 star has a break resist spell if you have her otherwise there is bushido freedom, use it on your lowest attacker unit

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Keep throwing tickets at the BF banner and no Tillith. Today was my 4th Rainbow on it. Vargas, Elza, Queen, and Rem. Would trade any of them for her

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Now I'm getting continual connection errors.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

hagie posted:

Yup, same. Seems to be a widespread problem.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

hagie posted:

It's giving errors elsewhere now, other than when you buy stuff from King Mog?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Armitage posted:

It's giving errors elsewhere now, other than when you buy stuff from King Mog?

Yeah. It'll just stop you dead for a bit spitting out connection errors.

Anyway I just beat Basic baby maxwell and got the limit kill and esper summon by spamming basic attacks with a ridiculous team of over the top buffed out dudes while tilith kept them fully healed and brought them back to life when they stopped breathing. 10/10 best healer. I tried the hard version and almost cleared it. If I hadn't brought my Orlandeu along like an idiot I probably could have done it.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

HGH posted:

At least we got drop kicking Lid out of it.

This was truly a worthwhile moment, however, i'm not sure if it's worth reliving for eternity

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

new kind of cat posted:

christ i wish Gumi would write Jake out of the story. what a garbage character.

What, and ignore the rich history of anime tropes that makes up 90% of the game's plot?

HGH posted:

You know how early on Rain was hitting on everything up to and including Shiva? But now he's a lot more "hotblooded noble hero man that loves his enemies" with some barely there tension with the two Finas.

It seems that earlier side of the character was written into its own thing as Jake except there's nothing else to counterbalance it anymore so it's just a guy going "Women eh eh?" 24/7 while everyone threatens to kill him.
Whatever semblance of character the Zoldaad story and event added to him are easily ignored thanks to this obnoxiousness.
At least we got drop kicking Lid out of it.

That's a good point.

new kind of cat posted:

This was truly a worthwhile moment, however, i'm not sure if it's worth reliving for eternity

I'm sorry, are you new at being a Goon? We're supposed to cling unhealthily to things for years and years and years...

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Threw the raid Rewards tickets at the Tilith banner and got Emperor instead. Yay for the best caster rod but still annoyed I still can't even get an on banner character.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Threw raid tickets at the banner and got a Setzer.

I'll take it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Well, it was extremely annoying but got the limit kill and diablos summon on the easy trial.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh. Destiny is a 160% Gravity. No loving wonder Cecil kept dying to it on the ELT every single time.

Well, at least Kill with an Esper & 5 man is done. Which took 20 minutes because while I put Rain's Fire Greatsword on my Orlandeau, I did not check to see if my Friendlandeau did the same (he did not).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got a Protagonist's Halo as an exposition award.

It's Provoke, but it's a consumable.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What, and ignore the rich history of anime tropes that makes up 90% of the game's plot?

That's a good point.

I'm sorry, are you new at being a Goon? We're supposed to cling unhealthily to things for years and years and years...

lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you bring a Cid to Maxwell ELT, don't equip an Excal on him. I took a friendlandu who had deathbringer instead and his Divine Ruination was loving up Max. He can be used to keep ATK/MAG break up which is required to survive. His cleansing strike can generate orbs.

If you want the no deaths achievement, then you absolutely must be paying attention to the number of turns and gaurd every fifth turn when she uses destiny. Make drat sure you got ATK/MAG break up on the previous turn too. Finally always remember to dispell her ATK buff when she uses sacred song, though not at the expense of failing to guard the fifth turn.

Honestly, a lot is RNG dependent like our old tumult friend...

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was going to bitch about the regular Maxwell trial going pear-shaped the second Wilhelm died, but then I remembered Minfilia and just murderated him.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Blew through the Story Character battles this morning while on a conference call. Went down the my unit base and wiped everyone clean, and equipped the best gear/materia, I could.

The only troublesome one is the Lasswell and that is only because of resisting Ice, and Lasswell happened to have Fryevia's needle off hand so every 2nd attack was resisted.

These were actually a little challenging, especially since they were characters I didn't know outside if Rain.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I do love how Rain breezes through his trial with a boss weak to Fire and Earth, while Lasswell's...is resistant to Ice. Poor guy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the easiest way to build orbs for anything is to take a dual wield snow and make sure his counters are both enhanced at least once

the best way to dispel your party is with bushido freedom on ling who should be a really low attack unit with survival edge knife, but if she's been dancing for awhile she may clobber your party harder than you'd assume

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

the easiest way to build orbs for anything is to take a dual wield snow and make sure his counters are both enhanced at least once

the best way to dispel your party is with bushido freedom on ling who should be a really low attack unit with survival edge knife, but if she's been dancing for awhile she may clobber your party harder than you'd assume

She also has Man Eater

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Mile'ionaha posted:

She also has Man Eater

I wish there were a holy dagger.

I saw a video where someone used WoL and Rune Blade to break the boss and Bushido his team.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
160% Gravity

What why is that a thing

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shoenin posted:

160% Gravity

What why is that a thing

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Trial:003

Brave Frontier didn't have dispel abilities for player units either.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

If you bring a Cid to Maxwell ELT, don't equip an Excal on him. I took a friendlandu who had deathbringer instead and his Divine Ruination was loving up Max. He can be used to keep ATK/MAG break up which is required to survive. His cleansing strike can generate orbs.

If you want the no deaths achievement, then you absolutely must be paying attention to the number of turns and gaurd every fifth turn when she uses destiny. Make drat sure you got ATK/MAG break up on the previous turn too. Finally always remember to dispell her ATK buff when she uses sacred song, though not at the expense of failing to guard the fifth turn.

Honestly, a lot is RNG dependent like our old tumult friend...

The best strat for it is to just bring a DPS team and nuke maxwell before she knows what's up. She barely does damage on turns where she heals, so if you can reduce her to at least like 50% in one turn and like, 10% on the next then you can finish her off no problem.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Because I never read patch notes I just learned the training dummy is now available! It's just in the farplane at the top of the map, north east of the tower that has the original trial bosses. Now I can practice sick chains for Setzer to finish in a desperate attempt to cheese trial bosses :toot:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Scrublord Prime posted:

Because I never read patch notes I just learned the training dummy is now available! It's just in the farplane at the top of the map, north east of the tower that has the original trial bosses. Now I can practice sick chains for Setzer to finish in a desperate attempt to cheese trial bosses :toot:

Yeah, I thought there was gonna be something tough in there, it was just a google being clueless.

For JP players, do they open up more of the Farplane at any point? Is there a synopsis of the JP story?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is Dana's Noctis supposed to solo the Maxwell fight? As soon the Holy debuff kicks in he's dead.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you haven't played through the latest story content, consider this your anime trigger warning. It pretty much turns into a shonen tournament.

If you want all the mission achievements, you'll want all the main characters awoke to max and leveled...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Even Nichol?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I quite liked this Story update.

The 2,460 lapis also helped.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mill Village posted:

Is Dana's Noctis supposed to solo the Maxwell fight? As soon the Holy debuff kicks in he's dead.

The Holy Debuff is what, 50%? is 80% Holy resist not enough to make it through? :( (Also try jumping every fifth turn to dodge Destiny)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hagie posted:

Even Nichol?

There are earlier missions that need his level 80 ability too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I wish they'd bring back megacite in the mog king shop. I still only have two Espers maxed out. How the hell do you guys do it?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Easter raid gave out 1000+. It was nuts.

For expeditions are the ranks completely random? I've done 10+ now and seen nothing over rank B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

I wish they'd bring back megacite in the mog king shop. I still only have two Espers maxed out. How the hell do you guys do it?

1) Just playing a long time let me max them out eventually but mostly:

2) The first raid we got gave me enough Megacite to max my last 4 espers and I still have over 250 of every one sitting around unable to be used.

• Locked thread