Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I've fed my cats a couple of cans of iandloveandyou but it wasn't as easy to find so that was all they got. No problems though. They got some Weruva when I was subscribed to petflow.com and they liked that okay. Right now they get supplemented with the Soulistic in the brown pouches. If I remember correctly, Soulistic is the PetCo version of Weruva. I think it's comparable and the brown pouches seem to have a texture that my cats will eat pretty the whole thing.

I do still feed my cats the Blue Buffalo dry, despite them having a couple of recalls and provoking some goon hate because they've been doing well on it and none of the products I've purchased have been affected by the recalls.

porkswordonboard posted:

GSDs can have hella allergies as they age so I recommend diversifying their diet when they are young, if possible.

A bit of random advice I picked up from this thread or a predecessor was the opposite. It was to not feed your dog a variety of proteins because then you wouldn't have a novel protein to feed them if they developed an allergy.

I didn't do any research into this on my own though. I'm interested in the subject though. I got my dog in October and she's mostly eating chicken based foods, but I've been giving her treats with other proteins. I'm mostly curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

porkswordonboard posted:

Hey Xarn, I looked over the ingredients. It does not seem to be a terrible food, although it's pretty high in grains. Many dogs do very well with high quality grains. However, I'm not finding whether it's a puppy food, all life stages, or adult - worth checking into as puppies need more fat, calories, etc. It's pretty much your basic chicken and rice food, though, so there's really no reason to be paying ~$60 for what is the most basic dog food available. Fromm Gold Puppy is a way better deal and better quality, for example. Nutrisource does a nice job. Canidae is the king of meat and rice food for a very reasonable price. GSDs can have hella allergies as they age so I recommend diversifying their diet when they are young, if possible. Let us know what you can get in the area and we can probably assist you further.

Supposedly its all life stages. So far I've been feeding somewhat more than recommended amount given her weight, because puppy.

Anyway, I can generally get most brands, as long as I am willing to wait for shipping -- I just happened to have to buy food for her on Sunday afternoon in shop that was closing down :v: I'll look to get something else shipped next.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

Glass Hand posted:

Anyway, while the blood+urine test showed nothing that would suggest vomiting, my vet* mentioned that the urinary stats were borderline (pH 7.0, crystals in urine) which while not yet dangerous could mean stones down the line, which would be bad and expensive to deal with.
Putting a cat with no urinary symptoms on a prescription urinary diet because of crystals in the urine is bad medicine. Crystals are extremely common and not a good predictor for bladder stones. Find a new vet.

Disclaimer: Maybe there is more to the story than the info you've posted here. I'm a vet but obviously have not examined your cat so who knows.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Crooked Booty posted:

Putting a cat with no urinary symptoms on a prescription urinary diet because of crystals in the urine is bad medicine. Crystals are extremely common and not a good predictor for bladder stones. Find a new vet.

Disclaimer: Maybe there is more to the story than the info you've posted here. I'm a vet but obviously have not examined your cat so who knows.

I have one cat on special urinary food, and always have to chase my other fatass, healthy cat away from the leftovers. Her eating the prescription food won't harm her, will it?

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

GoodBee posted:

I've fed my cats a couple of cans of iandloveandyou but it wasn't as easy to find so that was all they got. No problems though. They got some Weruva when I was subscribed to petflow.com and they liked that okay. Right now they get supplemented with the Soulistic in the brown pouches. If I remember correctly, Soulistic is the PetCo version of Weruva. I think it's comparable and the brown pouches seem to have a texture that my cats will eat pretty the whole thing.

I do still feed my cats the Blue Buffalo dry, despite them having a couple of recalls and provoking some goon hate because they've been doing well on it and none of the products I've purchased have been affected by the recalls.

A bit of random advice I picked up from this thread or a predecessor was the opposite. It was to not feed your dog a variety of proteins because then you wouldn't have a novel protein to feed them if they developed an allergy.

I didn't do any research into this on my own though. I'm interested in the subject though. I got my dog in October and she's mostly eating chicken based foods, but I've been giving her treats with other proteins. I'm mostly curious.

If you have a very young puppy, I like to try and keep their diet somewhat diverse, but definitely keep a few proteins out - say, duck, kangaroo, and venison. But switching between, say, chicken, beef, and lamb is nice because puppies are (in my experience) better able to adjust to new things in their diet as they get older without throwing everything off the rails if they are exposed to eating more than one single protein ever in their lives.

As far as BB goes, I understand where you're coming from. Changing from one thing that everyone likes and is doing well on to something completely different is always a gamble. I wouldn't feed BB myself and I'm not going to poo poo all over someone for making that choice, but I always mention that a lot of pet stores have guarantees on what they sell. You could try samples or a whole bag and many stores will take returns if your pet doesn't like it or do well on it - just ask.

Glass Hand
Apr 24, 2006

Just one more finger, Trent.

Crooked Booty posted:

There really isn't any more to the story - I was told to put her on the prescription food solely on the basis of her blood/urine test results, which indicated a higher-than-normal pH and the presence of crystals, and in the absence of any urinary-related symptoms.

God drat it, why is it so hard to find a good vet. My first one lost his license for dog-punching, the second one couldn't use a scale, and now this.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

Glass Hand posted:

God drat it, why is it so hard to find a good vet. My first one lost his license for dog-punching, the second one couldn't use a scale, and now this.
See if there's an ABVP feline or canine/feline vet in your area, or try an AAHA-accredited hospital with good reviews.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Glass Hand posted:

I need to hear more about the first and second vets. :allears:

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Glass Hand posted:

There really isn't any more to the story - I was told to put her on the prescription food solely on the basis of her blood/urine test results, which indicated a higher-than-normal pH and the presence of crystals, and in the absence of any urinary-related symptoms.

A lot of vets like to sell Science Diet. I like watching their faces fall when I tell them I feed better quality food. Amazingly none of them have heard of Blue Buffalo or Evo or Wellness or...

And yours is trying to sell you an expensive prescription version that they know you won't say no to, on a kind of shaky basis. They could just be overly cautious, and none of us were there at your vet. No harm in pressing them for some more info. Also we need that story about the first vet.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I used to feed my cat Science Diet cause he wasn't adapting well to other foods when I tried to wean him off of it, but recently and successfully switched him to Taste of the Wild. I have a backup bag of it now for emergency cases, e.g. aforementioned Taste of the Wild contamination :catstare:

Glass Hand
Apr 24, 2006

Just one more finger, Trent.

Crooked Booty posted:

See if there's an ABVP feline or canine/feline vet in your area, or try an AAHA-accredited hospital with good reviews.

Hmm. There's one in my area, but their website claims they're a "holistic" vet that offers pet acupuncture and massage, which sort of weirds me out.

Pollyanna posted:

I need to hear more about the first and second vets. :allears:

Eh, nothing too exciting. First was an eccentric hippie who had all kinds of crazy poo poo on the walls and made the worst puns imaginable, like giving you your cat's updated vaccination record and saying "Here's your certifi-cat!" I actually rather liked him - he never tried to sell me things I didn't need and his prices were phenomenally lower than anybody else in the region, to the point where apparently he was disliked by all the other regional vets because he undercut them. Then, however, one of his techs made a complaint to whatever regulatory body it is that handles vet ethics and claimed he was physically abusive towards animals. The vet said that this tech was disgruntled because he had fired her, and his patients (including my parents) maintained that the case was all manufactured and he was a great guy, but I later read his deposition/statement/whatever from his vet court appearance and he apparently admitted to "closed handed strikes" as a means of dog behavior control or something, and ultimately lost his license. But hey, I'm not a dog owner, maybe you have to give Rex a jab every now and then to keep him in line???

Second one I already mentioned - took the cat in about vomiting problems after having been in for a regular checkup a week previously, vet weighed the cat (in a back room for some reason, I don't know why they didn't just weigh her in front of me), proclaimed the cat had lost a pound in a week and poo poo was seriously hosed and it was ultrasound time. I responded that I wasn't sure if a $600 ultrasound was in my price range, to which the tech responded that perhaps I should consider "saving up." Go gently caress yourself, you're a vet tech not my financial adviser. Subsequently took the cat home, where I have a pet scale, and found the cat's weight was exactly the same as a week ago. Did not return, did not get ultrasound, cat still at normal weight.

AuntBuck posted:

A lot of vets like to sell Science Diet. I like watching their faces fall when I tell them I feed better quality food. Amazingly none of them have heard of Blue Buffalo or Evo or Wellness or...

And yours is trying to sell you an expensive prescription version that they know you won't say no to, on a kind of shaky basis. They could just be overly cautious, and none of us were there at your vet. No harm in pressing them for some more info. Also we need that story about the first vet.

My family's cats were on Science Diet when I was a kid, for exactly that reason. So was my current cat until about 4-5 years ago when I read about pet nutrition. Taste of the Wild made her go on a hunger strike for some reason and I had to buy an emergency Science Diet bag but then I went to Natural Balance and added wet Wellness Core and she's been loving that for years. I was doing some dry, some wet to allow her to "graze" since she's scarily good at maintaining her own weight (on two vet visits a year apart she was exactly 11.06 pounds both times), but I'm thinking maybe I'll go all wet since presumably more hydration will be good for urine health? I'm no vet but I'd much rather give her more good food, even if wet seems more expensive, than put her on to a prescription dry+wet diet of grain and chicken by-product meal, especially since she has no urine-related symptoms at all.

Glass Hand fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jun 25, 2017

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Not sure what I was expecting with that story, but that seemed surprisingly boring (don't punch dogs though).

On different note, I am deciding between ordering Orijen Puppy Large and From Family Gold Puppy Large. Thoughts? (The price difference isn't a problem).

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
I've been feeding my kitkat Wellness canned turkey for basically her entire life (she's almost nine. NINE!) and they just decided to do a formula overhaul. I bought what was supposed to be the equivalent but she has always had a very sensitive stomach, so any change in formula is rough on her. She hates the new stuff.

The new formula seems to go bad much quicker after it's out of the can. My cat is a grazer so sometimes her food sits out a little longer, but this stuff smells real funky pretty quickly, and she also threw it up this morning.

Anyway, I feel bad for her because I know she feels like poo poo and I can't gradually feed her something else at this point since I don't have any of the old stuff left. Changing food on her after 9 years of the same poo poo seems like a nightmare but I have no choice.

Does anyone have any advice for the two week long diarrhea parade I am about to encounter? Any way to make her not feel like poo poo while she is adjusting to a new food?

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

vaginadeathgrip posted:

I've been feeding my kitkat Wellness canned turkey for basically her entire life (she's almost nine. NINE!) and they just decided to do a formula overhaul. I bought what was supposed to be the equivalent but she has always had a very sensitive stomach, so any change in formula is rough on her. She hates the new stuff.

The new formula seems to go bad much quicker after it's out of the can. My cat is a grazer so sometimes her food sits out a little longer, but this stuff smells real funky pretty quickly, and she also threw it up this morning.

Anyway, I feel bad for her because I know she feels like poo poo and I can't gradually feed her something else at this point since I don't have any of the old stuff left. Changing food on her after 9 years of the same poo poo seems like a nightmare but I have no choice.

Does anyone have any advice for the two week long diarrhea parade I am about to encounter? Any way to make her not feel like poo poo while she is adjusting to a new food?

Get to local pet stores to see if they have any old label stuff left to start mixing in slowly to transition her. We were able to find about a month's worth of the old label stuff at a PetCo.

Our cat had issues with the new stuff too. Some loose stools, but now our siamese is refusing to eat it entirely. I called Wellness and they're sending me coupons to see if it's a batch issue (the batch we got didn't have any of the meat gel stuff). That cat is picky and mostly texture-minded, so we may have to switch foods entirely if we can't get it sorted.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I have a couple cats who have been on Solid Gold Indigo Moon kibble for quite a while now. I was feeding them Wellness wet food as well for a long time but put that on hold when I was boarding them recently. Since they've gotten home, they have been uninterested in finishing their food portions, and one of them has been puking and also has diarrhea. I'm planning on taking that one to the vet next week for sure, but I'm primarily checking in here to see whether anyone else has heard anything recently re: Indigo Moon, whether this is just the one bag of kibble, or whether this is more likely a bad stomach bug thing. Any thoughts?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I think someone at boarding might not have realized you supplied their food and fed them something else. Now they have to adjust back to their food.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Also according to this topic https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824328 Solid Gold could be having issues. It could be a number of things, I hope your vet helps kitty feel better!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

ANUSTART posted:

Also according to this topic https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824328 Solid Gold could be having issues. It could be a number of things, I hope your vet helps kitty feel better!

Thanks for the kind wishes and the thread link. Seems like my cats are experiencing those symptoms, so I might quickly swap them to the Wellness wet food that I have left for 7/4 and then pick up some different kibble when the stores open on Wednesday. Vet visit is scheduled for later this week and hopefully it's nothing serious.

GoodBee posted:

I think someone at boarding might not have realized you supplied their food and fed them something else. Now they have to adjust back to their food.

I don't think so. I gave them a full bag and most of it was gone when I got back. Appreciate the thought though!

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

I finally found a food that my cats will eat and not throw up! It's called Nutri Source chicken and rice wet food. Has anyone heard of it? I don't recall that brand being mentioned here before. They were eating natures variety instinct wet food and I was coming home to vomit everyday. They were on nutri source for 1 week no vomiting and then I gave them 2 meals of nature's variety to see if the vomiting returned and it did. They started vomiting again that same day. I put them back on nutri source and no vomiting. I'm not sure what is going on with natures variety but wanted to pass along this info in case anyone else is having similar problems.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
Can anyone help me decide between these two for my new puppy?

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/food/dry-food/castor-and-pollux-organix-grain-free-organic-puppy-food---chicken-43016.html
https://www.amazon.com/Merrick-38376-Grain-Free-Chicken-Potato/dp/B00KZKM2DI

They seem pretty similar but every ingredient in the Castor and Pollux ingredient list is preceded by "Organic" and the Merrick is half the price.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Skeletron posted:

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/food/dry-food/castor-and-pollux-organix-grain-free-organic-puppy-food---chicken-43016.html

They seem pretty similar but every ingredient in the Castor and Pollux ingredient list is preceded by "Organic" and the Merrick is half the price.

It's half the price because it's on Amazon. They're normally about the same pricewise.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Also, I'd be hesitant to buy dogfood from Amazon. A lot of the time it's spoiled in some way if the comments on a lot of dog foods are to be trusted.

listrada
Jan 2, 2017
Hi thread, I have a number of chicken breasts that have been in the freezer for ages, and they're freezer burned to the point I don't really feel like eating them myself. I also kind of don't want to throw them out. My two cats don't really go for plain chicken so I was hoping someone here might have some tips for turning them into delectable cat food?

To be clear, I'm just cleaning out the freezer, not trying to go the whole switch-to-homemade cat food route. They're on a pretty decent quality dry cat food (Mounds premium) and they get lovely, stinky friskies wet food very occasionally as a treat. This would just replace the friskies.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So ACANA/Orijen pulled all of their products from Chewy because of Petsmart buying Chewy. I don't want to comment either way on the ethics of it but it sucks for us. I switched my pupper to ACANA back when she had some medical issues and needed to diet and it has been a wonderful food for her. Hard to find in stores nearby though. I tried petflow for it first but after dealing with higher prices and ads stuffed into ever order I switched to Chewy and they've been ace. Now I'm a little stuck and am curious what you all think would be the best route to go. I don't really want to switch her off of ACANA but I'm also not sure what Chewy alternatives are out there that have top notch quality/freshness and decent prices.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

So ACANA/Orijen pulled all of their products from Chewy because of Petsmart buying Chewy. I don't want to comment either way on the ethics of it but it sucks for us. I switched my pupper to ACANA back when she had some medical issues and needed to diet and it has been a wonderful food for her. Hard to find in stores nearby though. I tried petflow for it first but after dealing with higher prices and ads stuffed into ever order I switched to Chewy and they've been ace. Now I'm a little stuck and am curious what you all think would be the best route to go. I don't really want to switch her off of ACANA but I'm also not sure what Chewy alternatives are out there that have top notch quality/freshness and decent prices.

Came here to ask this, though I didn't know the reasoning as to why they pulled Acana. I have a local place that sells it but online is definitely more convenient, are there any other decent online options?

Warm Fish Salad
Dec 16, 2016

You Compleat Me

Skeletron posted:

Go with the Organix. It has better carb sources (sweet potato instead of white potato) and just better ingredients in general. White potato can cause adverse reactions in some dogs, mine can't eat it or he starts biting his feet. Both brands are good, but the Organix has better ingredients.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
I want to switch my cat to wet food but am kind of overwhelmed by all the choices. What is the best bang for your buck? The chicken soup brand?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

The Light Eternal posted:

I want to switch my cat to wet food but am kind of overwhelmed by all the choices. What is the best bang for your buck? The chicken soup brand?

I just switched my cats off of the Wellness wet food, would still recommend the grain free options in that line. It comes in 12.5 oz cans which end up being priced pretty well.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Yeah, if our cat could tolerate the new formula we'd still be on Wellness. Very cost effective in the big cans.

Picked up Halo and Merrick to try the cat on next. If she eats a spoon of it, we'll start switching her over slowly. It was tough to find something that didn't have cassia or xanthan gum that was grain-free. I hope the alfalfa meal in them will sit well with her.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

Flying Leatherman posted:

I just switched my cats off of the Wellness wet food, would still recommend the grain free options in that line. It comes in 12.5 oz cans which end up being priced pretty well.

Thank you! So far my cat has eaten all the wet food I've ever given her so I don't think she is picky. Appreciate it!

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde
Can someone suggest a wet food for a cat with recurring UTI issues? He's 6 now, just had another UTI after having one previously 3 years ago. Vet wants to prescribe Royal Canin urinary and stress formula, but they are charging a ton and I have heard bad things about that brand. I'm not against paying for a good food, but this vet just zapped me for several hundred bucks more than the previous UTI cost me for the same treatment, and that visit was a late night one to a 24-hour emergency vet. I'm not keen on giving them any more money and plan to find another vet once my cat is done with follow-ups.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

You don't have to buy prescription food from the vet's office.

It wouldn't hurt to feed your cat the prescription food until you get to see a new vet, if you don't like your current one. If your cats eats it, it might be the best thing.

Just a reminder, prescription foods are prescribed because they have been tested and proven to show improvement for a specific condition. There is additional research being done and you might find a vet who will work with you to find a solution with a different food if your cat won't eat the prescription diet. But I wouldn't recommend going that route just because you don't like ingredient list. (Maybe if you honestly can't afford it.)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

crowbb posted:

Can someone suggest a wet food for a cat with recurring UTI issues? He's 6 now, just had another UTI after having one previously 3 years ago. Vet wants to prescribe Royal Canin urinary and stress formula, but they are charging a ton and I have heard bad things about that brand. I'm not against paying for a good food, but this vet just zapped me for several hundred bucks more than the previous UTI cost me for the same treatment, and that visit was a late night one to a 24-hour emergency vet. I'm not keen on giving them any more money and plan to find another vet once my cat is done with follow-ups.

FYI, my cat eats the Urinary SO because of chronic UTIs. Sure it's not cheap and when I come home to find she hasn't touched that morning's wet food it's frustrating due to costs; On the other hand it's been 6 years since the surgery to remove 9 bladder stones, and she hasn't had any issues since.

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde

GoodBee posted:

You don't have to buy prescription food from the vet's office.

It wouldn't hurt to feed your cat the prescription food until you get to see a new vet, if you don't like your current one. If your cats eats it, it might be the best thing.

Just a reminder, prescription foods are prescribed because they have been tested and proven to show improvement for a specific condition. There is additional research being done and you might find a vet who will work with you to find a solution with a different food if your cat won't eat the prescription diet. But I wouldn't recommend going that route just because you don't like ingredient list. (Maybe if you honestly can't afford it.)

Thanks for the responses.

I did try to order the food online after the vet suggested the food and they denied the prescription. They did this once before with the heartworm preventatives my dogs take. That time though they called and said to come in and they'd charge the same price. This time they told me we'd talk at my follow-up visit, which is in 2 more weeks. They gave me some samples of the food which will be long gone by then so either way I am going to have to feed him something in the meantime. On some other site where they were ripping this food they suggested grain free wet, which is why I asked about that specifically. But people everywhere seem to have strong pet food feelings so I don't know if they were just BSing or not. The price is an annoyance, but if it comes down to it I will pay it.

crowbb fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 25, 2017

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

crowbb posted:

On some other site where they were ripping this food they suggested grain free wet, which is why I asked about that specifically. But people everywhere seem to have strong pet food feelings so I don't know if they were just BSing or not. The price is an annoyance, but if it comes down to it I will pay it.

Some people are bat-poo poo insane when it comes to food.

I feed grain free but I never read any actual research on any real, proven benefits. It made sense to me and my vet has no issues but I might just be spending extra money and gaining no benefit. My current pets have no health issues at the moment.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

crowbb posted:

I did try to order the food online after the vet suggested the food and they denied the prescription. They did this once before with the heartworm preventatives my dogs take. That time though they called and said to come in and they'd charge the same price. This time they told me we'd talk at my follow-up visit, which is in 2 more weeks. They gave me some samples of the food which will be long gone by then so either way I am going to have to feed him something in the meantime. On some other site where they were ripping this food they suggested grain free wet, which is why I asked about that specifically. But people everywhere seem to have strong pet food feelings so I don't know if they were just BSing or not. The price is an annoyance, but if it comes down to it I will pay it.

It's time to get a new vet. Get a second opinion while you're at it. Your vet seems to be in the business of selling pet food, not pet care.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

crowbb posted:

I did try to order the food online after the vet suggested the food and they denied the prescription. They did this once before with the heartworm preventatives my dogs take. That time though they called and said to come in and they'd charge the same price. This time they told me we'd talk at my follow-up visit, which is in 2 more weeks.
What state do you live in? In most places veterinarians cannot legally deny you getting your meds/food from a pharmacy of your choosing.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
There are a couple of different brands for precription foods now, and yes I would stick with them despite ingredient lists because they are tested and shown to work. But your vet does sound super lovely so see what your next one thinks. Good luck!

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde

Crooked Booty posted:

What state do you live in? In most places veterinarians cannot legally deny you getting your meds/food from a pharmacy of your choosing.

New Jersey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Has anybody heard anything positive or negative regarding the various brands of Yak Cheese dog chews that exist? My boyfriend spotted them on Amazon and wondered about them. I guess my top concern is they all seem to be made in Nepal (makes sense, that's where all the yaks are).