Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Meanwhile, over on "the Spectrum"...(seriously, read it. It's amazing)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/starcitizen-puts-the-whole-company-up-as-collatera/275158

My favorite:

quote:

EDIT: the charge isn't a loan. This is a website that shows basic info of companies and how they've taken care of themselves. The scary bit is that the charge is in fact from sheridans which is a media law firm. This could be a defense form for CIG defending some design or something made by another artist or an artist previously employed by CIG, or could be the opposite..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I am starting to doubt that star citizen will be released.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
go home Derek. you're drunk.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lladre posted:

go home Derek. you're drunk.

:grin:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Can any of you imagine what would happen if there was a refund cascade about now? :)

I sense a disturbance in the :reddit:

E; Page 1337 best page.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
We all said when shroud of the avatar ran out of money and had to seedinvest, that it would be an insight into the future of CIG. I didn't think it would happen this quickly though, I was willing to give them another 2 weeks before they would have to start turning tricks in a back alley to keep their coke habit alive.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

Beer, did you ever think that we would be here - in 2017 - talking about CIG taking out crippling loans after having raised over $150 million?

There's no way I could have guessed the year, but I did expect Chris to do whatever it took to maintain the illusion that he wasn't the biggest failure in the history of game development. Before he lies to anyone else he lies to himself. He lies about how he's competent, he lies about how he's successful, he lies about how his magnum opus is going to revolutionize gaming, he lies about everything. His only talent is self-delusion, of being so convinced by his own bullshit that he comes off as genuine to anyone he needs something from. Those who have already served their purpose are immediately disregarded for the next source of income. Original backers got screwed so that new backers could have previously limited features, older ships were abandoned for new concept sales, and now every backer left is screwed so CIG can enjoy a little more time on life support.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The gifs are amazing and this is such fun news to wake up to, but nobody is asking the real question.

Does this mean Coutts can use Full Burn in advertisements?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Maw posted:

Has anyone said 'the bankers will never know' yet?

Yes, go back one page.

Thread is back: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6j828y/cig_recently_took_out_a_loan_from_coutts_co_in/

page taxxe:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

Account sharing.

Normally it's a bannable offense but I'm in a good mood and I want to maintain the illusion that big brother had no idea what little bro was doing.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

When it does start crashing down we should do a goon livestream with Derek.

And just have a rolling slideshow of all the art/gifs we've made over the years for this "game".

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

I agree with this post.

But I have to ask, have you tried Bailey's with a sliver of blue cheese and a dollop of plain yogurt?

I hear the yogurt really carries the flavour of the blue cheese.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LZo9ugJTWQ&t=118s

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

And just have a rolling slideshow of all the art/gifs we've made over the years for this "game".
10 minutes of :goatsecx:.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I agree with this post.

But I have to ask, have you tried Bailey's with a sliver of blue cheese and a dollop of plain yogurt?

I hear the yogurt really carries the flavour of the blue cheese.

Gross, dude.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

spacetoaster posted:

Music for the slideshow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d4C1ZQKmw4

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

shrach posted:

So it seems they ran out of money. But there is a good news. CIG uk has taken out a (presumably) big old loan, which you can take a look at on their filing. They have split the terms with F42 so you can read it in their filing too. The collateral for the loan? Everything. All game rights, recordings they've made including music, future tax credits, any insurance policies they've taken out. Any agreements they've made with anyone else (sponsors, membership fees). It's section 4 / 5.

It doesn't list the amount of the loan but I would assume with that security it is a substantial one.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history

FYI, I stole your post here to update the drama thread. I feel like we should be adding more stuff to it as it will be our historical document of this fiasco.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773270

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Quavers posted:

Yes, go back one page.

Welp :(

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

I picture the end of it all like the Sopranos ending, where the camera lingers on that bunnyman jpeg while journey's "don't stop believing" plays over the top and then bang cut to black.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
thread good again?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/878673089315385345

I think Derek's been dancing all day today, and feeding celebratory pineapple pizza to Legal

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

I always thought this, but with the pictures in black and white

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There's no way I could have guessed the year, but I did expect Chris to do whatever it took to maintain the illusion that he wasn't the biggest failure in the history of game development. Before he lies to anyone else he lies to himself. He lies about how he's competent, he lies about how he's successful, he lies about how his magnum opus is going to revolutionize gaming, he lies about everything. His only talent is self-delusion, of being so convinced by his own bullshit that he comes off as genuine to anyone he needs something from. Those who have already served their purpose are immediately disregarded for the next source of income. Original backers got screwed so that new backers could have previously limited features, older ships were abandoned for new concept sales, and now every backer left is screwed so CIG can enjoy a little more time on life support.

And now he's going to try and screw the bank that gave him his loan so he can gently caress off to the Caribbean and leave them holding the bag

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, I just took a loan against all my worldly possessions. This proves, beyond a doubt, that I don't need any money.

Just because you wageslave plebescrubs are too dumb to understand the complexity of high-level finances doesn't give you the right to run your low-class mouths with falsehoods.

MoMA will back me on this.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Has anyone said "You dont understand loan development" yet?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I think the MoMA account will be mothballed while they scale back staff for the ELE

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

1337 dangerous

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

:golfclap:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I just want to ask a question about this, to the more knowledgeable financial Goons.

I'm assuming the notes that have to be put in the "Brief description" are legally compelled by some kind of financial disclosure regulation. The specific lines they put in there are required by law from verbatim lists of required disclosures.

If that is true, the one that specifies "all the property or undertaking of the company" is essentially a government required announcement that everything period is on the line.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

starkebn posted:

I think the MoMA account will be mothballed while they scale back staff for the ELE

CIG staff, or contract outfits, don't work on weekends. Well, except maybe the monkeys working in the code mine.

MoMA might show up on Monday.

https://i.imgur.com/IsaT7zb.gifv

XK fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 25, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

XK posted:

CIG staff, or contract outfits, don't work on weekends. Well, except maybe the monkeys working in the code mine.

Of course he'll come in saying that he was enjoying his weekend, post a few recipes and completely ignore the news about the loan or delay

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

I just want to ask a question about this, to the more knowledgeable financial Goons.

I'm assuming the notes that have to be put in the "Brief description" are legally compelled by some kind of financial disclosure regulation. The specific lines they put in there are required by law from verbatim lists of required disclosures.

If that is true, the one that specifies "all the property or undertaking of the company" is essentially a government required announcement that everything period is on the line.

No, you assume wrong, the reason all that info is there is because CIG is has the most open development ever.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

https://i.imgur.com/IsaT7zb.gifv

I would think he couldn't spin Chris Roberts putting the entire company, both games all entirely up as collateral for a loan if they didn't need money.

But then look at reddit, they are flipping themselves over backwards explaining how this is a good thing for star citizen and obviously the bank just gave extra money Chris Roberts didn't need because the bank executives have the foresight to see how amazing the dream will be and just HAD to buy in however they could and never intend to call in the collateral.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Oh god I can't fap hard enough for all this.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So I'm reading through all those documents and I notice that in 2014 all the shares for foundry 42 were owned by Erin Roberts and two other people (who had a smaller amount of shares).

Then there's a document transferring ownership of those shares to cloud imperium games.

I'm assuming that cloud imperium games paid a lot of money for those shares. :colbert:

Is that how they could be sucking money out of the "game" and getting it legally into their pockets?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

So I'm reading through all those documents and I notice that in 2014 all the shares for foundry 42 were owned by Erin Roberts and two other people (who had a smaller amount of shares).

Then there's a document transferring ownership of those shares to cloud imperium games.

I'm assuming that cloud imperium games paid a lot of money for those shares. :colbert:

Is that how they could be sucking money out of the "game" and getting it legally into their pockets?

Yes, that would be one way to make payouts to people.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This just became my favorite probation ever.

Also OP is updated.

i deserve a forum badge for my hard work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

Yes, that would be one way to make payouts to people.

also some of the older agent leaks said that the management were spending their personal money and paying themselves back at high interest rates from backer funds, so with this new loan a large percentage probably went directly to chris roberts and company for outstanding debts or something. Even before the golden parachutes and not including their already paid salaries.