Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
What had me incredibly surprised regarding cheating in business school was that people did it so openly or talked about it so openly around people that hated their guts and could easily rat them out.

I guess that kind of stuff just never happened. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you wanna cheat as an accounting major I encourage it because it will be so much more satisfying to watch you waste money just to bomb the CPA than it would be for you to get in trouble because someone tattled on you as a college sophomore.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It's also the school. If it was community college I wouldn't have cared.

It amazes me how you are so offended by it though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soulex posted:

It's also the school. If it was community college I wouldn't have cared.

It amazes me how you are so offended by it though.

Your threshold for amazement is worse than your threshold for tattling.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Just loving :lol:.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I would love a culture shift to academic cheating being stigmatized on a level similar to, say, drunk driving. I know it doesn't threaten anybody's life, but it's goddamn annoying, and maybe if fewer people could cheat their way through school then a college degree wouldn't be looked on a requirement for non-specialized jobs that any dipshit who knows his times tables can excel at, (e:) and those same dipshits wouldn't be fueling the skyrocketing sticker price of school.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 23, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Henry cheated on his economics exam and it killed two people so I think you're on to something.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

TBeats posted:

Henry cheated on his economics exam and it killed two people so I think you're on to something.

Hey, it's just me. I'm not advocating government policy here, I myself just wish cheaters would be institutionalized along with people who play music over their phone speakers on public transportation, people who watch anime, and congressmen. If I get an opportunity to gently caress over someone cheating on a test, I'll take it. e: Not my job to police anybody but if they're cheating so that even my oblivious rear end notices it then they're too dumb to be there anyway.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 23, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I bet tattling on more people will get them to come to your side.

Or you can ask them why they feel the need to cheat and maybe help them get educated instead of knee jerk throwing them under the bus. Kids definitely need mentors and seeing how we are all usually older than your average college kid and, for the most part, have our poo poo halfway together we are in a pretty good position to be that person. You would be surprised what a little bit of kindness rather than vindictiveness can get you, as well as what it can give those around you, as well as the world as a whole.

But hey it's easier to tattle so keep with that I guess. But I will make fun of you every time for it. Tattling is more juvenile than cheating in my opinion.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

TBeats posted:

Or you can ask them why they feel the need to cheat and maybe help them get educated instead of knee jerk throwing them under the bus. Kids definitely need mentors and seeing how we are all usually older than your average college kid and, for the most part, have our poo poo halfway together we are in a pretty good position to be that person. You would be surprised what a little bit of kindness rather than vindictiveness can get you, as well as what it can give those around you, as well as the world as a whole.

But hey it's easier to tattle so keep with that I guess. But I will make fun of you every time for it. Tattling is more juvenile than cheating in my opinion.

lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shut the gently caress up cole

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Hmm... With the direction the world is headed in I guess we definitely should just stay the course and be vindictive pricks to people.

We are veterans after all, might as well embrace the stereotype.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

tastefully arranged labia posted:

What you meant to say was "I want to kill myself"

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

lurkers aka WOMEN laughing at "grown" rear end men being catty" posted:

ya'llz all rats till proven otherwise

get the gently caress along and quit bitching back and forth

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maybe I'm just a nicer person than everyone else.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Shut... Uh, shut...

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Shut the gently caress up Cole.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm going to probably just keep it going if you're just gonna tell me to shut the gently caress up tbqh.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maybe you should just....

tattle on me to a mod

Or kill yourself. Then you don't have to read my posts anymore.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

someone stick their dick in that meat bag running the input on that account

if it's what pooh needs mommy can get a daddy for you

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Hmmm so you think cheating should be punished? Sounds like you have a little growing up to do Mister Meanie Face.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

at the date posted:

Hmmm so you think cheating should be punished? Sounds like you have a little growing up to do Mister Meanie Face.

Sure, if the professor catches it. But selling out your classmates? What does that accomplish for you? Brownie points? The moral high ground over an 18-22 year old?

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

he hears the crusades 'a callin'

eat something junkie

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

And I thought I was broken. Jesus loving Christ

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Nah you're not broken. You showed those kids what's up!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No, I am very loving broken. I just didn't realize how goddamn normal and functioning I come off compared to whatever the gently caress is happening in the slew of poo poo that's being swished around in that loving head of yours. You're really loving destructive. That's all I'm gonna say about it man

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah. I don't sell out other people so I'm destructive lmao that makes no sense. Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel better about tattling.

If you think this attitude is destructive:

TBeats posted:

Then you really need to reevaluate yourself, tattle tale.

Here's a real life example: in my first accounting course (financial -- really easy imo) I noticed the kid next to me cheating off of my test. I let him get away with it. Afterwards I asked him why he needed to cheat. His excuse was that he just didn't get it. I'm pretty sure he was just a slack rear end, but I didn't challenge him on it. So I offered to study with him regularly and afterwards we would get stoned, because I figured that would motivate him. This helped him learn the material AND it helped me learn the material, and we got stoned as a way to reward ourselves for putting a few good hours in. His next test he got a B and as far as I know he didn't cheat.

Would there have been more or less benefit for everyone involved than the above example had I ratted on him? And which scenario is more "destructive?"

Prioritizing helping people over throwing them under the bus isn't destructive. It's just not the way you do it.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 24, 2017

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

no ragrets disss weekend

:lol:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Ok we need a break

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
gently caress you if you're still in school

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

TBeats posted:

Yeah. I don't sell out other people so I'm destructive lmao that makes no sense. Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel better about tattling.

If you think this attitude is destructive:

Then you really need to reevaluate yourself, tattle tale.

Here's a real life example: in my first accounting course (financial -- really easy imo) I noticed the kid next to me cheating off of my test. I let him get away with it. Afterwards I asked him why he needed to cheat. His excuse was that he just didn't get it. I'm pretty sure he was just a slack rear end, but I didn't challenge him on it. So I offered to study with him regularly and afterwards we would get stoned, because I figured that would motivate him. This helped him learn the material AND it helped me learn the material, and we got stoned as a way to reward ourselves for putting a few good hours in. His next test he got a B and as far as I know he didn't cheat.

Would there have been more or less benefit for everyone involved than the above example had I ratted on him? And which scenario is more "destructive?"

Prioritizing helping people over throwing them under the bus isn't destructive. It's just not the way you do it.

Oh yea give the cheater your weed. Great loving plan.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I did and it worked out pretty well so yeah I'd agree it was a great plan.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

TBeats posted:

Yeah. I don't sell out other people so I'm destructive lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwIJ9pRWBpo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Just gonna put this out there- I had a Saudi kid repeatedly try to make me fill out his customs form on a flight from Dubai to DC and become quite indignant when I wouldn't. So, it's not like Gulfies cheating on exams is far fetched when they'll happily cheat on anything else.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

TBeats posted:

Maybe you should just....

tattle on me to a mod

Or kill yourself. Then you don't have to read my posts anymore.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i skipped the past 70 posts or so but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say ya'll were being enlisted as gently caress

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

i skipped the past 70 posts or so but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say ya'll were being enlisted as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4kaNXX7KLs

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
MY PUG IS BEING SO BAD TONIGHT

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Anyone have any experience in using your GI Bill at schools outside of the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

suboptimal posted:

Just gonna put this out there- I had a Saudi kid repeatedly try to make me fill out his customs form on a flight from Dubai to DC and become quite indignant when I wouldn't. So, it's not like Gulfies cheating on exams is far fetched when they'll happily cheat on anything else.

Sounds like you missed an opportunity to keep him from bothering anyone else in the US.