Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
Sato's car has an amazing death rattle going on. drat Dixon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Is PT really bitter about something Scott Pruett did on him once? Ive no idea what a 'pruett fade' is and I doubt anyone else does either

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Could be, because I doubt he's talking about Marshal's haircut.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CactusWeasle posted:

Is PT really bitter about something Scott Pruett did on him once? Ive no idea what a 'pruett fade' is and I doubt anyone else does either

To everyone not named Paul Tracy it's called the "Tracy Fade"

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Kink hungry

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

You'd think it'd still be full after eating a whole Legge

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
More like TK is driving like a wanker this season

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

devmd01 posted:

More like TK is driving like a weiner this season

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Yeah I don't know why TK would try to pass there.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Did they just go to commercial with 5 laps left or is that only on the app

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
RHR is falling apart

Also pieces of his car are falling off

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Team Scott

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Scott Dixon is the IBM Deep Blue of racing .

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Taco Bell for everyone! :unsmith:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

Team Scott

You disgust me

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

8 winners in 10 races... really 8 in 9 race weekends. And I think Rossi and Helio could get a win soon, too. Parody has been great this year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
This is what happens when the Captain isn't around. Definitely a good win for Dixon, he deserves one after visiting that little girl Lucy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
All the Penske fortune went to the Penske V8 Supercar team this year.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Newgarden got screwed by that first caution, someone remind Emma of this next time she complains about one.

Also I hope they showed the HERO safety crew guy on TV that ran out on to the main straight to pick up debris with 3 to go. The lengths they go to to not end on a debris caution!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Lord Crapulus posted:

Also I hope they showed the HERO safety crew guy on TV that ran out on to the main straight to pick up debris with 3 to go. The lengths they go to to not end on a debris caution!

They did. Not sure how bright that was considering the uphill run on the home straight.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Fauxhawk Express posted:

They did. Not sure how bright that was considering the uphill run on the home straight.

Race control has real-time car positioning tech, so the marshals and safety crew knows when there's a big enough break in traffic to safely get debris off the track, when possible.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

WindyMan posted:

Race control has real-time car positioning tech, so the marshals and safety crew knows when there's a big enough break in traffic to safely get debris off the track, when possible.

Touche. My mind just immediately went to Tom Pryce when I saw that.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Yeah I figured it'd be okay with all the position tracking they do and the field was all bunched up from the caution still. The other little piece at the entry of turn 1 went up on edge when it was bouncing around and just barely fell off the line.

Decided to stay for the last PWC race, original formation lap aborted due to guy spinning. Never change you glorious bastards.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

Lord Crapulus posted:

Yeah I figured it'd be okay with all the position tracking they do and the field was all bunched up from the caution still. The other little piece at the entry of turn 1 went up on edge when it was bouncing around and just barely fell off the line.

Decided to stay for the last PWC race, original formation lap aborted due to guy spinning. Never change you glorious bastards.

I watched the safety worker pick up the debris from the opening lap contact in Turn 5, it was right in the middle of the racing line on the rumblestrip.

PWC b-classes are the best, don't forget to tune in on CBS Sports Network

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

KingShibby posted:

I watched the safety worker pick up the debris from the opening lap contact in Turn 5, it was right in the middle of the racing line on the rumblestrip.

Hero poo poo, right there.

Also, I have Taco Bell.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Turn 5(?) crew

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Knightmare posted:

Turn 5(?) crew

I know Shibby was down there too, so :hfive:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Scott Dixon burnout. No sound (HELP)

iospace fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 26, 2017

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I did it I'm the best

(please do not look at the overall standings)

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8INc1gDfug

Jack Harvey on my TV? it's more likely than you think!

(I have no idea how Jack Harvey got a gig doing commercials, but this is cool and good)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I need to go see a race at RA at least once.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

So the title is pretty much gonna be Dixon's correct?

Still stunned that guy can't get sponsorship. I know he's not Mr. Personality, but I mean he is making the case for being the best IndyCar driver ever*

*IndyCar driver meaning driving in IndyCar racing ONLY. Mario and AJ Foyt were better all around DRIVERS. Their resumes are incredible when you include LeMans, IMSA, Cup, F1, etc.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

wicka posted:

Yeah, it wasn't as fun bc it's too narrow to pass and people were spinning out all over the place. I don't think I got a single lap without running into slower cars.

That's indoor karting for you.

From the videos though, those karts also look really quite slow to me but sometimes it's misleading.

Lord Crapulus posted:

I did it I'm the best

(please do not look at the overall standings)

If I'd gone with Max Chilton instead of RHR (I changed at the last minute) I'd have beaten you. Curses.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Helio and Josef saved my bacon, because like a fool I chose Marco and Rossi.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Don't blame you for the Rossi pick given practice, but Marco?

FuzzySkinner posted:

So the title is pretty much gonna be Dixon's correct?

Still stunned that guy can't get sponsorship. I know he's not Mr. Personality, but I mean he is making the case for being the best IndyCar driver ever*

*IndyCar driver meaning driving in IndyCar racing ONLY. Mario and AJ Foyt were better all around DRIVERS. Their resumes are incredible when you include LeMans, IMSA, Cup, F1, etc.

I don't get why Camping World didn't sponsor him this race. It's a race where a significant portion of the fans camp for it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/CalePutnam/status/879123774418890752

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Universal sign for luck!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Now I want to know what was said that got that response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Will Power is the best driver ever

• Locked thread