Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cry Havoc posted:

they really need to increase friend list capacity

cleared some room add me for sexy times

can't wait for all the goodies we're getting this next week :sotw:

I saw you pop up on my friend list last night and I can only imagine how fun he must be, especially if you have Tilith for a full heal every turn :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I put my cecil on diablos and had tilith just heal through the fight while everyone auto-attacked until the charge was ready. Once the summon was done my olive and friend-olive nuked maxwell so hard she didn't know what the gently caress happened. Cecil has crazy high holy resist.

I don't have Diablos, or Olive, so I need a Friend that can survive, nuke, and has Diablos. My team is Cecil, Rain, Trance Terra, Noctis, Y'shtola, all at 6*, and only Cecil isn't Level 100. Also, my gear is basically random rewards stuff, no super gear from TMRs/Crafting/Events.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

AegisP posted:

I'd definitely agree with Cecil being in the next batch, since that'd make him compete slightly with Warrior of Light once he gets his 6*.

I'm looking forward to that datamined axe that grants Raise as a spell, Cecil having access to Curaja *and* Raise will be fantastic. Might even be worth handing him an Esuna materia at that point. Definitely worth getting Dualcast on him.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

I'm looking forward to that datamined axe that grants Raise as a spell, Cecil having access to Curaja *and* Raise will be fantastic. Might even be worth handing him an Esuna materia at that point. Definitely worth getting Dualcast on him.

drat, I need to keep up on my datamined info. Didn't know there was an Axe with Raise on it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I appear to be trapped in expedition hell. The game is exclusively throwing A ranked missions that take a day at me now, and they all have insane BS stat requirements like level 7 white magic and are basically impossible to do.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Hey I am just finding this thread after getting back into the swing of the game so I'm just gonna field a few questions now and try to keep up with things from now on:

1) Is Training The Soul going to go away? I'm interested in completing them but I previously had Rain-Lid at only 3 stars. With the new Cactuar Dunes + a stockpile of lower tier awakening materials I have Rain, Lid, and Fina at 5 and Lasswell at 4, still need to get Nichol to have a full team. It doesn't give a date but I remember something saying "don't miss your chance" or something along those lines.

2) About how high leveled should my story characters be to get through them?

3) Am I just real poo poo for having some trouble with Hartmannellidae? That's currently blocking my progress to Nichol and Charlotte's exclusive shield.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

So many tickets, and the banner finally spit out one of its units!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

1) They go until 2020/06/22.
2) Maxed out. Lvl 100 for Rain/Las/Fina, 80 for the others.
3) Eh, it sounds more like you're just on the newer side. A lot of goons can probably carry you through the Hartmannellidae fight if you bring their friend units.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Hey I am just finding this thread after getting back into the swing of the game so I'm just gonna field a few questions now and try to keep up with things from now on:

1) Is Training The Soul going to go away? I'm interested in completing them but I previously had Rain-Lid at only 3 stars. With the new Cactuar Dunes + a stockpile of lower tier awakening materials I have Rain, Lid, and Fina at 5 and Lasswell at 4, still need to get Nichol to have a full team. It doesn't give a date but I remember something saying "don't miss your chance" or something along those lines.

2) About how high leveled should my story characters be to get through them?

3) Am I just real poo poo for having some trouble with Hartmannellidae? That's currently blocking my progress to Nichol and Charlotte's exclusive shield.

Literally staying until June 2020

2) Rain, Lasswell, and Fina should be 100, Sakura should be 80.

3) Put something goony in your profile message, then send out friend requests to people on the spreadsheet, and post your friend code here. Goon friends will solve almost all your problems.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Hey yall, picked up this game last week. Im currently on vacation and have been mainlining this game like heroin. If anyone has any friend slots open, i could use help burning my way through trials to get some decent weapons. 593,157,155 thanks to any willing

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jetz0r posted:

3) Put something goony in your profile message, then send out friend requests to people on the spreadsheet, and post your friend code here. Goon friends will solve almost all your problems.

Is there a whale sign on the spreadsheet? Because it's best to send the whales requests first, the more carries you have, the easier poo poo will be.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

NinjaDebugger posted:

Is there a whale sign on the spreadsheet? Because it's best to send the whales requests first, the more carries you have, the easier poo poo will be.

I don't think so, but we're gonna need a new edition for the anniversary thread.

Astrochicken posted:

Hey yall, picked up this game last week. Im currently on vacation and have been mainlining this game like heroin. If anyone has any friend slots open, i could use help burning my way through trials to get some decent weapons. 593,157,155 thanks to any willing

This user has reached their friend request capacity.

Clear out requests for lovely pubbies, and add more friend slots.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Soz, didn't realize there was also a request capacity. Clearing it up now.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

jetz0r posted:

Shoot, absolutely should have noticed that. I kept looking at the announcements instead. Thank you both!

Here's my profile, which is nothing special since I had no luck and just sorta gave up on getting a base 5 after I got 3 Agrias' after emptying out my starting summons. Should be fine once they start buffing her out:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Shoot, absolutely should have noticed that. I kept looking at the announcements instead. Thank you both!

Here's my profile, which is nothing special since I had no luck and just sorta gave up on getting a base 5 after I got 3 Agrias' after emptying out my starting summons. Should be fine once they start buffing her out:

Have you thrown any money at the game? If not you might want to consider rerolling if you aren't seriously invested in your current account. I see you have her at max level and all but her enhancements are a ways out, at least a month and a half, and with the free 10+1 roll next week you could definitely reroll until you got two 5*s which would carry you a lot further.

What are your other 6* capable characters? Did you get a Refia?

Astrochicken posted:

Soz, didn't realize there was also a request capacity. Clearing it up now.

Same goes for you. If you didn't roll a 5* character right off the bat, go read the section in the OP about rerolling, make a fake facebook account if you have to. Seriously, start with a leg up in this game. RNG will own you soon enough later on.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Have you thrown any money at the game? If not you might want to consider rerolling if you aren't seriously invested in your current account. I see you have her at max level and all but her enhancements are a ways out, at least a month and a half, and with the free 10+1 roll next week you could definitely reroll until you got two 5*s which would carry you a lot further.

What are your other 6* capable characters? Did you get a Refia?

I could probably switch her out for a few of my 6 stars. I have Exdeath, Chizuru, CoD, Tilith.

When I was trying to math it out months ago, I thought I'd be getting started on her buffs by now and we'd have FFX, but then it got thrown off by a bunch of banners that I wasn't expecting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
634,188,307 to be goonpals with a Maxwell/Ling/Orlandeu/Fohlen user.

I sent a request to Astrochicken and have two slots currenly open, the rest are all Goons as far as I can tell.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So, uh, I just found some Metal gods while running a 525% bonus team and got 20k Crimson Ore. That'll do. Wish my Maxwell could carry, but I'm not investing all of my Cactuars into her.

Will 6* Rain and Fina with a 5* Lasswell be good enough for the equipment trials? Or do I need to juice someone else, too?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 26, 2017

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Ive dropped some cash on this game but i havent landed any 5 base chars i dont think. My current party is

Sozhe
Tilith
Setzer
Kefka/agrias
Cloud of darkness

All maxed. Also have a maxed terra on the side. I want to believe i can make it through this. Gonna wait for the anniversary thing though. I will reroll if i have to.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cleared out some pubbies for all the new players that just joined, send me an invite. I'm going to switch out Marie after tonight and go back to my Maxwell that can solo the Vargas fight. (It takes him two turns of Destiny, but he gets it done.)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Astrochicken posted:

Ive dropped some cash on this game but i havent landed any 5 base chars i dont think. My current party is

Sozhe
Tilith
Setzer
Kefka/agrias
Cloud of darkness

All maxed. Also have a maxed terra on the side. I want to believe i can make it through this. Gonna wait for the anniversary thing though. I will reroll if i have to.

You're not gonna run into real trouble until later with a setup like that. You're not even guaranteed to, mind you, but a 5* base will make things significantly easier for longer.

For a newer player, great advice is to finish the story and Colosseum for all the free loot you can handle. Don't worry too much about events if you can't swing them at first... they're designed for people who have finished the story and Colosseum.

I started with a Golbez and Terra, and now have over 10 natural 5* units including Orlandeu. Half price pull errday.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I saw you pop up on my friend list last night and I can only imagine how fun he must be, especially if you have Tilith for a full heal every turn :getin:

unfortunately no tilith but he still soaked up everything elt maxwell threw out without a sweat

had him buffing so didn't even have impregnable up and wasn't guarding either

once i finish grinding up an arsha's i'm gonna switch successor with first strike so he has 100% chance to counter with twin lance :dance:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Is there a setup to carry for the first Maxwell trial that can bring the Diablo needed to get the unit reward? Or some other setup that would allow newbies who don't have Diablo yet get the Maxwell reward?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Yall crazy mothers rank 100+. I am not worthy.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Can someone throw their fryevia back up for me? I need to beat Maxwell and my friend's list is drowned in Maxwells :(

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.

Ubiquitus posted:

Can someone throw their fryevia back up for me? I need to beat Maxwell and my friend's list is drowned in Maxwells :(

Sent you a friend request.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I just realized I think I have everything for a full best-in-slot Olive. Is there a better accessory for her than Bracer? How does that compare to Celestial Gloves?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Skyridge posted:

I just realized I think I have everything for a full best-in-slot Olive. Is there a better accessory for her than Bracer? How does that compare to Celestial Gloves?

since only the attack is doubled, the bracers are better for HP. Ifrit's Claw is a decent enough replacement.

Today I almost, ALMOST "one-rounded" ELT Maxwell. Two Trance Terras with 880-ish MAG, Dualcasting Alterna.

First Round: Shining Guard, Provoke, Thunder Flask, Magical Activation, Magical Activation, Celestial Light
Second Round: Call to Attack, Defend, Warp Break, Dualcast Alterna, Dualcast Alterna, Radiant Light
Left her with a sliver of HP and I had to finish it up the third round, alas.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Astrochicken posted:

Yall crazy mothers rank 100+. I am not worthy.

:frogout:

Seriously tho, just play the game and you will be 100+ in no time. Especially when TM grinding with an Emulator on your PC.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Is the 11-pull with a guaranteed 5* after maintenance this week or currently running?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BDawg posted:

Is the 11-pull with a guaranteed 5* after maintenance this week or currently running?

This is the graphic they used during their e3 presentation. It is expected that this will cost Lapis, probably 5,000.

Check the summon simulator for it to see how often you can pull Delita and Ace.
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon_Simulator/1st_Anniversary_Celebration

Here's my hot garbage pull just now...

:barf:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jun 26, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I hate having to grind out these stupid arena orbs every day, but the repeat button working across battles now, has made it so much better.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

jetz0r posted:

Is there a setup to carry for the first Maxwell trial that can bring the Diablo needed to get the unit reward? Or some other setup that would allow newbies who don't have Diablo yet get the Maxwell reward?

I don't have the gear to try this, but I think a 6* Maxwell on Diabolos might be able to solo-carry a new player. You'd just need some combination of light resist gear to get to 200% total:
Hat: Cat-ear hood (+20) from quartz
Hat: White mask (+15) from exploration
Acc: Soluna Band (+25) from Cupid Art. TM
Acc: Soluna Ring (+15) from Cupid Luna TM
Materia: Light Resist (+15) from Kefka trial
Materia: Melody of life (+20) from Garnet TM
Materia: Hydelean Guard (+10) from Minfil TM

Any setup that frees materia slots can be filled with Bushido freedom for the dispel and damage, or dual wield to speed things up.

The strategy then would be timing it to guard when resurrection or destiny hits and make sure they don't come one after another, otherwise I think light resist, Maxwell's regen, and Diabolos' drain could make it slow but workable.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:shepface: I just completed one of those bullshit A explorations with 5%

I routinely fail these loving things with 80%-90%

Gumi, what the gently caress.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is Rikku's shopping list for Friday.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Nuebot posted:

:shepface: I just completed one of those bullshit A explorations with 5%

I routinely fail these loving things with 80%-90%

Gumi, what the gently caress.

I've got an S rank one going now for a trust moogle, wish me all the luck. 65% success rate. COME ON, BABY!

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 26, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

I've got an S rank one going now for a trust moogle, wish me all the luck. 65% success rate. COME ON, BABY!

It's a shame that those aren't actually worth doing. Those are always 24h, have a miserable success rate. Alternatively you could do 2 12h energy bottle ones, get 20 energy, and TM macro yourself 0.2% on people, and get more relics and a higher success rate.

But yes, I did one too because OMG MOOGLE.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Cartoon Man posted:

This is Rikku's shopping list for Friday.

Looking forward to all the Type-0 4*s on Friday!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dana Crysalis posted:

It's a shame that those aren't actually worth doing. Those are always 24h, have a miserable success rate. Alternatively you could do 2 12h energy bottle ones, get 20 energy, and TM macro yourself 0.2% on people, and get more relics and a higher success rate.

But yes, I did one too because OMG MOOGLE.

A single 24 hour one for a moogle doesn't seem bad. Hell, even the week long 150 requirement for the S rank isn't that bad. I'm already up to 80 and I forgot to check my explorations all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

enahs posted:

Sent you a friend request.

:buddy:

• Locked thread