Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Macarius Wrench posted:

I could do this or I could get really into competitive starcraft 7 years too late.

Brood War or SC2.

SC2 has matchmaking so at least you'll eventually get paired against people as bad as you are. BW though... prepare 2 die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Brood War probably has some low skill people playing it now with the free re-release / remaster coming out, no?

e: I mean with the lack of matchmaking you have no idea who you'd be playing against but still

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Oh SC2. I actually went back and played Brood War for the first time in 15 years when it was made free but its an ugly rear end game and difficult to play. I get the purists love it and see SC2 as an inferior game but from a presentation perspective its miles ahead.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This is a pretty interesting postmortem about how everything went wrong with the way too hard TumbleSeed. I like how they imply that they would have more successful on steam if their art style was darker lol.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, I just cannot wait for the tell-all about Star Citizen. It's all burning down so very hard and even as a casual observer it's always entertaining.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wait is Star Citizen not dead yet? That project is even more of a controlled demolition than the twin towers on 9/11.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they apparently just took out a big loan, with the entirety of the development and everything related to it as collateral.

gaming history's biggest trash fire.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Wait is Star Citizen not dead yet? That project is even more of a controlled demolition than the twin towers on 9/11.

nice

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Don't you see, darling Roberts, glorious Roberts? It's so simple. STEP ONE: We find the worst game ever made, a surefire flop. STEP TWO: I raise a billion bucks. Lots of autistic gamers out there. STEP THREE: You go back to work on the books, two of them - one for the government, one for us. You can do it, Roberts; you're a wizard! STEP FOUR: We open on Steam. And before you can say STEP FIVE, we *close* on Steam! STEP SIX: We take our billion bucks and fly to *Rio!*

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

after a heated debate this weekend, it's been decided that July is Ambient Occlusion and Parallax Scrolling Month

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I beat the story mode of Birthdays in 6 1/2 hours. There are some individual challenges, as well as the free play goal of filling your creature dex. Manipulating the terrain gets worse as the world expands each 'episode', because while your editing cursor expands as you level, the speed at which you actually raise and lower terrain never does. There's an animation every time you raise and lower blocks so you cannot smoothly carve out rivers or anything like that.

What the gently caress was with the ending though. You finally evolve humans and recreate civilization. You return to your house but you don't recognize the person in there at all. You shake your fist and yell to your robot guide "this isn't what we agreed on!!!" Roll credits.

LOL that is loving awesome

Sakurazuka posted:

Man Wolfenstein 2 comes out the same day as Mario Odyssey. Gonna be a good day.

looks like Bethesda's run of loving over their own games continues because releasing the same day as Odyssey and probably with no reviews in advance is a deathwish

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 26, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quuQP_6gGS8

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Saint Freak posted:

Don't you see, darling Roberts, glorious Roberts? It's so simple. STEP ONE: We find the worst game ever made, a surefire flop. STEP TWO: I raise a billion bucks. Lots of autistic gamers out there. STEP THREE: You go back to work on the books, two of them - one for the government, one for us. You can do it, Roberts; you're a wizard! STEP FOUR: We open on Steam. And before you can say STEP FIVE, we *close* on Steam! STEP SIX: We take our billion bucks and fly to *Rio!*

"The two cardinal rules of developing are one: Never put your own money in the game."

"And two?"

"Never put your own money in the game!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

after a heated debate this weekend, it's been decided that July is Ambient Occlusion and Parallax Scrolling Month

*angrily rips up 200$ betting ticket marked "Mode 7"*

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

they apparently just took out a big loan, with the entirety of the development and everything related to it as collateral.

gaming history's biggest trash fire.

I can't believe they even scammed the bank, must've been a backer

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Also pikmin 2 might not have the time limit that made 1 what it is but it also doesn't have your little dudes dying because the floor looked at them funny so I'm willing to call it in 2's favor

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wait I thought Star Citizen was releasing .mp4s of spaceships now rather than .jpgs. Surely they are 99% done?!?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

chumbler posted:

Wait I thought Star Citizen was releasing .mp4s of spaceships now rather than .jpgs. Surely they are 99% done?!?

an mp4 is a batch of jpgs

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm glad star citizen exists because it's a constant source of pure :psyduck:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

exquisite tea posted:

:captainpop:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

exquisite tea posted:

Brood War or SC2.

SC2 has matchmaking so at least you'll eventually get paired against people as bad as you are. BW though... prepare 2 die.

The remaster of BW is due this Summer and it'll have matchmaking.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I used to joke about Sc2 taking 6 years to put in separate race mmr but Jesus

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/879369032947847168

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pictured: The only copy that exists. you'd better hope you get your hands on it before anyone else does because we're not making any more than this

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Star Fox 2: Never before released
Nintendo are absolute, complete monsters.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

yo, they got the rights sorted out for Star Fox. I hope this means they can do Yoshi's Island too.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

an actual dog posted:

yo, they got the rights sorted out for Star Fox. I hope this means they can do Yoshi's Island too.

It's already on there, with Star Fox 1 included too.

Vikar Jerome posted:

hahah this lineup is kinda.. eh. they dont even have the best donkey kong country on there. nintendo what are you doing. gimme that switch vc already.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dang that's pretty nice. No interest in the NES one but I might have buygut someone for one of those

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that list is almost exactly like my "dream list" for an SNES Classic which is impressive as gently caress. Only thing they forgot was DKC2. gently caress Dream Course we need DKC2.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yes, yes, yessssssssss.

assuming they've not released a game list aside from that/what's visible on the box, but it's worth the buy for earthbound alone. Glad I sold my copy when I did, holy poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

that list is almost exactly like my "dream list" for an SNES Classic which is impressive as gently caress. Only thing they forgot was DKC2. gently caress Dream Course we need DKC2.

Dream Course is 1000x better than DKC2

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

It's better than Kirby 3 but otherwise, nooooooooooope.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

This

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

:great:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I didn't give much of a poo poo about the NES Classic, but Star Fox 1 + 2 and Yoshi's Island makes this something actually worth shelling out for.

Phantasium posted:

It's already on there, with Star Fox 1 included too.

I hope they let you connect an additional wiimote or something to play 3 players in Secret of Mana.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 26, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is the switch still missing the virtual console?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Does the switch still not have a virtual console?

Nope, though it does have plenty of Neo Geo releases on it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is the switch still missing the virtual console?

Yes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would pay 80 dollars to have these games on the Switch. I do not want another hunk of plastic to deal with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also the UK version looks like the UK system and has the 60 hz versions of the games.

• Locked thread