Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GigaPeon posted:

Is it just me being sensitive, or should they tone down the "Selina says mean things offhandedly to Catherine" stuff? It's like they ramped to Family Guy/Meg proportions this year.

Looking forward to more Jonah campaigning next year. Has this been confirmed as renewed? I got Series Finale vibe with all the flashbacks/origin stories.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Same with Furlong and Will. Many of my favorite lines in the show come from them but it became repetitive having that once an episode.

Agreed on Cathrine, disagree on Will, but only because it doesn't seem to bother Will in the least anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Selina descending on the escalator was pretty good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

GobiasIndustries posted:

Agreed on Cathrine, disagree on Will, but only because it doesn't seem to bother Will in the least anymore.

Will is such a deeply broken person. He actually considers Furlong his closest friend. At some point you realize that he isn't repeating Furlongs lines, but has to come up with those on his own. He's making self depreciating jokes to have fun with with his buddy.
And apparently he made Jonah a godparent.

Either he will stay as he is, or the series takes a dark turn, when he decides to shoot down congress.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 26, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

GigaPeon posted:

Is it just me being sensitive, or should they tone down the "Selina says mean things offhandedly to Catherine" stuff? It's like they ramped to Family Guy/Meg proportions this year.

Looking forward to more Jonah campaigning next year. Has this been confirmed as renewed? I got Series Finale vibe with all the flashbacks/origin stories.

Looking forward to Selina's reaction if she loses to Jonah in the primary.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Spacebump posted:

The Kent-Ben-Jonah team-up was some top tier stuff. I hope they somehow are able to do that again.

But more snarling Diedrich Bader is good, too.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Some fun stuff on there (some probably carried over from his old site) but I definitely missed this interview with a 4th grade class
https://assets.jonahryancongressman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Newspaper.pdf

I just about loving died.

quote:

R: What foods do you like to eat?
J: I like pizza and spaghetti with meatballs and French fries.
R: Those are things kids like.
J: That doesn’t mean I can’t like them too. I like them in a grownup way.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
They're setting Jonah up to be Trump because reality has surpassed fiction forever and now the writers can only try to imitate it.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
That was a pretty good season and I'm down for at least one more.

Bummed the vagibrary got canned.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Selina: I am still a young woman!
Gary: Yes.
Selina: Look at my hands!
Gary: Gorgeous!
Selina: Look at my neck!
Gary: Ehhh.

That was a really good season finale for what I felt was a down season story-wise. Show still makes me laugh more than anything else though so hopefully next one is better.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's kind of crazy that Selina would give up what looks like a wonderful relationship with someone who actually likes her (and has more money than god) for another run for office when well, she was miserable the whole time then.

Makes you think about the kind of people who run for politics.

That said, I laughed a lot this season even if the overplot about the Library was kind of weak. A ton of great one liners, and Jonah's Shutdown over daylight saving(s) being the highlight for me.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao Splett activating like a Manchurian Canditate when Cool Queers of Color piss in gets mentioned

he just bounces from the scene

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao Splett activating like a Manchurian Canditate when Cool Queers of Color piss in gets mentioned

Kool Kweers of Kolor.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Andrew is the perfect Anthony Wiener.

How can I get rich womens to suck my penis while looking like that hunk of a bean pole?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Solice Kirsk posted:

Kool Kweers of Kolor.

Ohhhh poo poo is that what it was??

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They specifically say KKK.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm going to get you a cookie.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Oh my god Jonah is going to be president this is great.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Spacebump posted:

she'll be fine. jonah will make her veep!

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

bring back old gbs posted:

I thought it was because someone said Skull and Bones?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Andrew is so vile. "As soon as I heard what a vulnerable state you were in, I got on the first flight." And every flashback seemed to have him loving behind Selina's back. Based off what we learned about her father, I'd guess she married a perfect likeness without realizing it.

Also Jonah's current staff is even worse than Selina's was when she was veep. I'd be happy if either Selina or Jonah end up as Veep, with the other being president. I could imagine Jonah forcing his way onto the ticket if Selina cinches the nomination because she'd lose the general election without him.

I'm looking forward to another season. This last one was enjoyable for the characters but felt aimless and with a little too much bitterness due to the circumstances.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dazerbeams posted:

Also Jonah's current staff is even worse than Selina's was when she was veep.

Holy poo poo, I didn't notice that! He got Teddy (Patton Oswalt's character who kept sexually assaulting him) in his team. That seems like the worst decision he has ever made, which is saying a lot.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Will is such a deeply broken person. He actually considers Furlong his closest friend. At some point you realize that he isn't repeating Furlongs lines, but has to come up with those on his own. He's making self depreciating jokes to have fun with with his buddy.
And apparently he made Jonah a godparent.

Either he will stay as he is, or the series takes a dark turn, when he decides to shoot down congress.

Wasn't there even an exchange they had where Furlong implied they workshopped and rehearsed those jokes too?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Wasn't there even an exchange they had where Furlong implied they workshopped and rehearsed those jokes too?

There's a spot in one of the episodes this season where Furlong goes "Like what, Will?" and Will replies with something disgusting and self-degrading, and Furlong says something like "no, the other one" and Will corrects himself.

He doesn't think he's hanging out with his buddy and making him laugh, he's just been completely broken by this enormous rear end in a top hat and does his best to memorize whatever terrible thing Furlong wants him to say.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Dazerbeams posted:

Andrew is so vile. "As soon as I heard what a vulnerable state you were in, I got on the first flight."

It seemed a little out of character for him to explicitly say that though.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I thought that was intended as a kind of double entendre, like
he meant: "As soon as I heard what a vulnerable state you were in, I got on the first flight [to support you]."
we heard : "As soon as I heard what a vulnerable state you were in, I got on the first flight [to take advantage of you]."

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

I thought that was intended as a kind of double entendre, like
he meant: "As soon as I heard what a vulnerable state you were in, I got on the first flight [to support you]."
we heard : "As soon as I heard what a vulnerable state you were in, I got on the first flight [to take advantage of you]."

Freudian Slime.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/905576973027639296

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That's about the right number of seasons for a comedy

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Yeah, I can't really complain and it's not like these folks won't be right back on HBO doing another show in the next year or so.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
There seems to be not much left for them to do. I'll be sad, but they've been pretty solid years so it's okay.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This past season was the first I thought wasn't funnier than the previous one. It was still really funny but I think they've gotten about as much out of Selina as they could have without sticking her back in the WH and I'd rather have them wrap things up on top.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
This show is so dense and well written that I plan to rewatch it at least once or twice, and I don't want it to drag on forever. It's been solid for the entire run so far, and I'd hate to lose that.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
I'm not sure if one season is enough to get us to President Jonah Ryan but I have faith.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
One last season of shitdicks, cock jockeys, and fucksticks. I hope they just go all out and insane with it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:unsmith:
https://twitter.com/timothycsimons/status/905800302044921856

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
This is the best picture I've seen all week. :cheers:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Tangentially related, Iannucci's new project looks like it will be loving amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukJ5dMYx2no

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

precision posted:

Tangentially related, Iannucci's new project looks like it will be loving amazing:

Hell yes. Paul Whitehouse!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

precision posted:

What the gently caress lol? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Veep done won all the Emmys again.

• Locked thread