Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Inco posted:

The thing dragging down Bloodborne is that everyone keeps telling me to play it, but it's not on PC.

spotted totalbiscuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

spit on my clit posted:

spotted totalbiscuit

I dunno what this means, but I wish I had TB money, then I'd be able to afford a PS4

Maybe not the rear end cancer, tho

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Bloodborne does get better after the first area, then? Because I played a bit of it, and I had trouble getting into it. It also didn't help that I was constantly getting my rear end dunked on.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

Bloodborne does get better after the first area, then? Because I played a bit of it, and I had trouble getting into it. It also didn't help that I was constantly getting my rear end dunked on.
Was it your first Souls game? My experience with DS1, which was my first, was that I came back to it a few times, got frustrated, and quit until it eventually clicked with me. Bloodborne is easier in some ways - it's more action-oriented, the RPG elements are easier to figure out - but harder in others - the bosses are tougher, the game expects you to deal with multiple enemies right away. It's worth coming back to.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I've played about three hours of DS2 and had fun with it, but just stopped for some reason.

So, kinda? I like the setting and aesthetic of the series, but maybe the gameplay just isn't for me.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
All soul games are dull and ugly

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I picked up Sonic Adventure 2 because it's on sale in Steam and my goodness the soundtrack is worse than I remembered. And Shadow the Hedgehog is the worst thing to happen to the Sonic franchise.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

I picked up Sonic Adventure 2 because it's on sale in Steam and my goodness the soundtrack is worse than I remembered.

On a page full of bad opinions this is somehow the worst

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

On a page full of bad opinions this is somehow the worst

are you a fan of the knuckles pumpkin rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukp1N4hI2Xg

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nostradingus posted:

you loving know it

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
The official bgm to this thread is pumpkin hill.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Inco posted:

I dunno what this means, but I wish I had TB money, then I'd be able to afford a PS4

Maybe not the rear end cancer, tho

I wish I had rear end cancer

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

Yes, because it's really very good.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

Nice thing? it means all you are paying for is switching the FactionPlayable variable from 0 to 1.

You're also paying for all the man hours they put in on modeling, animating, designing and testing those units. You just only pay if you actually want to play as them. Plus, you know, an extra campaign mode showing them off in particular. Don't be a dumbass.

New Butt Order has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Jun 27, 2017

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
So Vampire Bloodlines turns to utter poo poo at the end. For the whole game you have all these tightly designed areas where you can approach problems from multiple directions and do all this cool role play stuff, then the last 2 areas are an endless slog through hundreds of bad guys where all you can do is spam attack until everything's dead. Also, you can't drink the blood of most of the enemies, so using powers suddenly stops being an option too. I ended up switching on God Mode because I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Then I kept getting lost in the endless, identical looking corridors in the skyscraper, so I turned on noclip, then I just said gently caress it and uninstalled the game.

It's a pity, because I really enjoyed it up until the boss in chinatown :( I guess I'll just look up the ending on youtube.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Gerblyn posted:

So Vampire Bloodlines turns to utter poo poo at the end. For the whole game you have all these tightly designed areas where you can approach problems from multiple directions and do all this cool role play stuff, then the last 2 areas are an endless slog through hundreds of bad guys where all you can do is spam attack until everything's dead. Also, you can't drink the blood of most of the enemies, so using powers suddenly stops being an option too. I ended up switching on God Mode because I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Then I kept getting lost in the endless, identical looking corridors in the skyscraper, so I turned on noclip, then I just said gently caress it and uninstalled the game.

It's a pity, because I really enjoyed it up until the boss in chinatown :( I guess I'll just look up the ending on youtube.

Nooo stay with it! the ending is great! yeah the gameplay gets bad but just wait and see what happens to the bad guy.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Gerblyn posted:

endings :ssh:

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Nooo stay with it! the ending is great! yeah the gameplay gets bad but just wait and see what happens to the bad guy.

Yeah, maybe some other time. I stuck with it because I really wanted to get to the end, but my patience is totally spent. It was the 9 failed attempts to kill the chinese demon woman with umpteen gazillion hit points that broke me, and now the thought of playing again just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I actually managed to complete it like 10 years ago, I think. I have no idea how, though I believe it involved obfuscate spam.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Nostradingus posted:

I picked up Sonic Adventure 2 because it's on sale in Steam and my goodness the soundtrack is worse than I remembered. And Shadow the Hedgehog is the worst thing to happen to the Sonic franchise.

Kill this man.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Gerblyn posted:

Yeah, maybe some other time. I stuck with it because I really wanted to get to the end, but my patience is totally spent. It was the 9 failed attempts to kill the chinese demon woman with umpteen gazillion hit points that broke me, and now the thought of playing again just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I actually managed to complete it like 10 years ago, I think. I have no idea how, though I believe it involved obfuscate spam.

Ok, well don't spoil yourself with youtube, come back to it in a few months, maybe even start the game fresh and when you get to china demon bitch take a flamethrower.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Gerblyn posted:

The best ending (in terms of gameplay) is siding with the Chinatown vampires because then you don't have to do that boss fight or any of the parts after it. The best ending (in terms of plot) is the one where you don't side with anybody, kill or otherwise burn your bridges with all the factions and then leave town because Los Angeles is terrible and nobody should have to live there.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

New Butt Order posted:

The best ending (in terms of gameplay) is siding with the Chinatown vampires because then you don't have to do that boss fight or any of the parts after it. The best ending (in terms of plot) is the one where you don't side with anybody, kill or otherwise burn your bridges with all the factions and then leave town because Los Angeles is terrible and nobody should have to live there.

Also, there is no shame in god-moding and no-clipping your way around the final areas. They are terrible and hard.
My method for cheating was using a perl script to edit the file that determines how much EXP you get and multiplying all the numbers by 10 (originally it was by 2, then 3, then 4, then gently caress it, 10).
You could max everything out by the end and with a few console commands to continually give yourself hundreds of blood points, you were like superman.
I've played through the game four times, I think? Maybe five. At least one as gangrel, one as tremere, and two as malkavian. One as ventrue just to get on Lacroix' good side (for some reason). Not sure what else. I tried nosferatu once, but did not finish.
Or, god mode is cool, too.

The main thing dragging that game down is that it was screwed by using an incomplete version of the valve engine and was not allowed to release until after a game using a better version was released first. Then suddenly going out of business so the fans had to patch it instead. So much potential. Like System Shock 2 level of potential, but just missed the mark.
Although, the endings are all pretty funny. After all that grandstanding and all that work, you can end just getting blown up real good. And a giant dancing werewolf.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

I've played about three hours of DS2 and had fun with it, but just stopped for some reason.

So, kinda? I like the setting and aesthetic of the series, but maybe the gameplay just isn't for me.
DS2 isn't very good. I strongly recommend DS1 to new players. My GF who only plays Stardew Valley and FFXIV loved it. It doesn't take much in the way of game experience or twitch reflexes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Scholar of the First Sin is fun stuff, people gripe about it being "romhack difficulty" or something but man, not even trying to brag but I did my first playthrough of it with power stance fist weapons, the thing ain't that hard if you just go in knowing to put a deal of points into ADP, you do that and there you go, all you need is dodge timing again and you're set.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig

Obligatory.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hbomb is dragging down Dark Souls for you?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Wonder if the Sonic series would have been better off if they let Shadow die in SA2. I feel like even if they did decide to kill him - they'd just put another edgy sonic in the games anyway.
The robot segments in Sonic Adventure 2 are pretty bad though, which is a shame because they're pretty much Gamma's segments from Sonic Adventure 1 (who definitely had one of the best scenario's in that game imo) but made to be unfun and sluggish.
Gamma is probably the only good Sonic character because he loving dies.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yardbomb posted:

Scholar of the First Sin is fun stuff, people gripe about it being "romhack difficulty" or something but man, not even trying to brag but I did my first playthrough of it with power stance fist weapons, the thing ain't that hard if you just go in knowing to put a deal of points into ADP, you do that and there you go, all you need is dodge timing again and you're set.

It's also great for people who have already played "vanilla" Dark Souls 2. It was like a remix with all the new enemy placements and tiny environmental changes, like a bunch of hollow soldiers endlessly attacking Giant Trees or all the Heide Knights actually being in Heide.

One of the biggest things dragging it down was the NPC quests where you had to try and keep NPC's alive in a boss fight to advance their stories. Smelter Demon and Last Sinner are tough enough without having to keep that idiot Lucatiel alive through the whole thing.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Yardbomb posted:

My ideal version of the Scholar edition would have all the extra enemy spawns and stuff show up in NG+. All the extra difficulty is front-loaded into the first few areas of the game which makes it pretty rough for brand new players who are trying to get used to the controls and understand this cryptic-rear end game that doesn't explain anything while also having very little ability to heal themselves and getting rushed by huge swarms of foot soldiers AND they don't have enough levels under their belt to get full i-frames yet.

I probably have the most hours sank into DS2 because it's the most replayable one of the series but it's also just a hot mess of half-hearted attempts to respond to community criticism in a way that, possibly by accident, averages out to being a pretty solid game in spite of itself.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

In Bioshock Infinitr, Elisabeth will toss you health and money when you need it usually with a little remark. There are scenes in the game that are supposed to be horrific and she is disgusted by the world. But those scenes and her tossing you money will happen at the same time. So you can be walking through a prison where people were tortured and killed and this happens

Elisabeth in sad horrified voice surrounded by corpses: this is terrible. How can people do this to each other?

(3 seconds pass)

Elisabeth in light happy voice surrounded by corpses: got some cash. Want it?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Finished the campaign of Shadow Warrior 2. The gently caress was that ending?!? Why are terrible game endings still a thing?!? At least the gameplay owns enough for me to try running through on a harder difficultly but christ man I loving hate copout endings in games.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

FactsAreUseless posted:

DS2 isn't very good. I strongly recommend DS1 to new players. My GF who only plays Stardew Valley and FFXIV loved it. It doesn't take much in the way of game experience or twitch reflexes.

You are wrong and Dark Souls 2 is actually very good.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

wafflemoose posted:

Finished the campaign of Shadow Warrior 2. The gently caress was that ending?!? Why are terrible game endings still a thing?!? At least the gameplay owns enough for me to try running through on a harder difficultly but christ man I loving hate copout endings in games.

The entire story in that game is completely nonsensical and feels like it barely has any connection to the gameplay and the places you visit. The worst part of it is when you have to "blow up" some towers that are doing some magical whatever that you don't want. You do this by just pressing a button at the base of each tower, which does nothing visually except updates your objective marker, but which prompts the characters to talk about how you totally just blew up those towers. But...you didn't blow them up or anything! gently caress!!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Leavemywife posted:

DS2 is maybe the worst Souls game to start with (best overall though fight me). The beginning is brutal if you don't know what you're doing. Especially if you got the Scholar of the First Sin edition.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Nostradingus posted:

I picked up Sonic Adventure 2 because it's on sale in Steam and my goodness the soundtrack is worse than I remembered.

Way to be wrong dude

quote:

And Shadow the Hedgehog is the worst thing to happen to the Sonic franchise.

This however is spot on

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nuebot posted:

You are wrong and Dark Souls 2 is actually very good.
There are things I like about it, but I think it's the worst in the series. Doesn't make it irredeemably bad.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Testekill posted:

Way to be wrong dude

This however is spot on

I'll have you know that Shadow is actually one of the best characters in smash anime Tails Gets Trolled so your argument is invalid.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

scarycave posted:

I'll have you know that Shadow is actually one of the best characters in smash anime Tails Gets Trolled so your argument is invalid.

Ah but Tails Gets Trolled isn't part of the Sonic franchise, so Shadow is still the worst thing to happen to it.

Testekill has a new favorite as of 01:40 on Jun 28, 2017

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Testekill posted:

Ah but Tails Gets Trolled isn't part of the Sonic franchise, so Shadow is still the worst thing to happen to it.

Sonic Forces is gonna make every Sonic fursona canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

Sonic Forces is gonna make every Sonic fursona canon.

A legion of Original the Character (do not steal)