Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Reroll until you get Attila the Honey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Just get a decent number of levels into Cat. Good leveled Berserkers tend to buzzsaw through stuff at this point, and I don't recall Carmilla being an exception. Just keep Mash around and use her Invincibility spell along with your master concealment spell to keep them safe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kalas posted:

Hey folks, checking this game out. Pulled Zhuge Liang/Waver as well as Lancer/Cu Chulainn, Robin Hood and Marie Antoinette among the mentionables from 2 10pulls.

From what I'm reading Waver is a high demand starter. I don't mind rerolling but if the above is 'good' I'll keep it and get into the game.

waver's very good. keep him.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I switch over to the japanese server for a bit and did a random ticket roll and BAM! Got Raikou. This never happens to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I switch over to the japanese server for a bit and did a random ticket roll and BAM! Got Raikou. This never happens to me.

i did that and got kiritsugu

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Quetzadilla posted:

Well I definitely hit a hard wall at Carmilla in Orleans. After 2 10-pulls this is the roster I'm working with. Someone help me put together something useful (or tell me to reroll I guess). I suppose the time I've invested so far isn't that much even if it was 2ish days. I've just been blowing all my stam on xp dailies today trying to get some stats meanwhile I see a bunch of 60 supports already which is bonkers.
http://imgur.com/a/M30Vs

Level up Cat some and she'll shred Carmilla. At least until Carmilla drains Cat's NP and immediately one-shot NPs her back, going by how that fight went for me. :v:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got nothing but lovely CEs I'm never going to use

I will murder you

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I rolled 160 quartz and only got Emiya NP2 for it. I wanted tiddymom.

Ledgy posted:

Well that's weird, the free summon refreshed but not the daily login bonuses. Oh well.

They don't roll over at the same time. IIRC it's midnight and 4am JST for the JP version. The free FP roll also had timezone fuckery because the UI will use your local time for rollover but the server will actually use server time, so you'd get errors or weird behaviors depending on the mismatch. I kinda doubt they fixed it for the US release.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 28, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kyte posted:

I rolled 160 quartz and only got Emiya NP2 for it. I wanted tiddymom.

Welcome to gachahell.

Enjoy your stay

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

Welcome to gachahell.

Enjoy your stay

I've been at this for two years. There's a reason why I don't buy quartz.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh, I misread. I guess tiddymom means Raikou then.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Should I be hoarding these EXP items, or just using them as I get them?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Quetzadilla posted:

Well I definitely hit a hard wall at Carmilla in Orleans. After 2 10-pulls this is the roster I'm working with. Someone help me put together something useful (or tell me to reroll I guess). I suppose the time I've invested so far isn't that much even if it was 2ish days. I've just been blowing all my stam on xp dailies today trying to get some stats meanwhile I see a bunch of 60 supports already which is bonkers.

Your best bet is probably leveling Tamamo Cat a bit more and going for a Berseker or Waver Support Servant. If you want to devote resources to leveling a 1-star, Kojiro is at peak power in Orleans.

I've been going through Orleans with Kojiro/Martha. I wasn't looking to run with a semi-cannon ship meme team, but the game handed me 5 Kojiro's so he's tearing things up with a max level NP.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Am I supposed to just hit the dailies first before doing story? I just got past Mash learning her NP and I'm out of AP basically after every small location.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Quetzadilla posted:

I don't really know what I am doing, but for her using a Caster (I just used the plot Chu, no clue if your other one is better) and forcusing on her first and ignoring the adds worked --- the adds were doing piddly damage to the caster even at 2x, and doing 2x to her was incredibly
useful. Probably took some luck, too.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Heh. (Orleans Spoiler)

So Lancelot mistakes Jeanne for Arturia this time around? :allears:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

Yeah. Who were you thinking about? I can't think of any release-day servant that counts as tiddymom except, like, Boudica but she's tiddy nee-san.

Dr Pepper posted:

Heh. (Orleans Spoiler)

So Lancelot mistakes Jeanne for Arturia this time around? :allears:

They actually took the time to code the behavior in gameplay, too.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Trihugger posted:

Your best bet is probably leveling Tamamo Cat a bit more and going for a Berseker or Waver Support Servant. If you want to devote resources to leveling a 1-star, Kojiro is at peak power in Orleans.

I've been going through Orleans with Kojiro/Martha. I wasn't looking to run with a semi-cannon ship meme team, but the game handed me 5 Kojiro's so he's tearing things up with a max level NP.

Hmm i also maxed koji's np using all my fp pulls....

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
oh my god the opening cut scene is like ten years long

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Just pulled Jing Ke from a gachapon and her love of assassinations and getting tipsy have definitely earned her a spot on my team. Is she any good?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kojiro is canonically a dragonslayer on par with St. George and St. Martha and no one gets to say otherwise.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 28, 2017

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I thought it would mean medea

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Venuz Patrol posted:

oh my god the opening cut scene is like ten years long

all the cutscenes are like ten years long. it's a game based on a visual novel

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

Just pulled Jing Ke from a gachapon and her love of assassinations and getting tipsy have definitely earned her a spot on my team. Is she any good?

shes not great but you can use her

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wish the FP gacha would give me Cursed Arm already

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Oddly I've already got 3 Cursed Arm and only 1 Kojirou. I'd actually like more of Kojirou already instead of these dumb Bloodaxes I keep pulling.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
For y'all going through Orleans: they called Kojirou the Savior of France for a reason

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I'm doing the Reroll dance, and apparently I pulled Vlad who I'm not rerolling for, so here you go (assuming this works).

KFnGQDzt6Q

The password is Alucard

Also Tamano Cat (I think, I wasn't paying attention) so if she's your thing have at it.

Airspace fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 28, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm kinda sad about the 20 hours rerolling for Waver turning up nothing but Jeanne has been amazing so far, if only she wasn't attempt #4 out of 20... I really wanted to try to pull double SSRs! :D

Tarezax posted:

For y'all going through Orleans: they called Kojirou the Savior of France for a reason

For whatever reason France doesn't seem so difficult this time around, Probably because of the easier time pulling 5*'s from the gacha? I have him and leveled him to 30 just in case though.

The story translation does make a significant improvement in France, but there's still some non-sequitors.

Such as one point Ritsuka/ko gets to answer a dialogue prompt with "Fake Monsters are pretty common." Or something similar. Which made me very confused and couldn't understand the context. A fan translated it apparently as: "There are many liars who would deceive otherwise" which sounds like it would make more sense but I don't remember the scene anymore. :v:

I really gotta say FGO NA has been incredibly enjoyable, the feeling of "I now know what the buttons do!?!?!" just never ends.

I've been helping out my friend, like should he level CE's etc (My understanding is, there isn't a point to level them past like their initial ascension point; level the ones you use so your Servants get the bonus but leveling a 5* CE that's LB'd has been taking me over a year and still only level 96...).

He's used a couple of quartz clearing the 40 AP as to "Not lose the time already invested" :negative:

(He has a good job that pays well so he doesn't care if it's a bit of a waste.)

I'm really digging the discord, great to have a platform to discuss FGO with people in real time.

Right now it seems like assuming the gacha rate up schedule follows the JP one, then I have something like 6 months to gather quartz before any interesting Servants appear (and boy howdy does Winter look rough for my wallet). I don't know how much quartz I can get in that time, but the more pulls the better.

Also apparently reddit has spotted some American Whales, they do exist! FGO NA might be safe yet!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Tarezax posted:

Its a known fact that Dragons are closely related to Swallows.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

I used her back in the JP version and I'd say she's the bet offensive Assassin for now. She has the highest attack of the Assassins currently available, but she generates less stars than Cursed Arm Hassan. She does have skills that make up for it by helping her crit more often. I'd say use her if you don't have Carmilla, or if you just love her character-wise.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

For those not aware, theres a button in your party setup screen called "Line Up"

The main benefit of using this is that you can choose whether the support is fielded with your initial three, like so

So if your friends are all fielding lvl 1 Mashu, you don't have to take her along.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
this changes everything

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I really want to like Siegfried but people are not joking when they say he's garbage. My Stheno does more damage on a single buster than he does with his NP and anti dragon buff combined in Orleans. The only time he actually killed something was when he got a crit.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man after playing on the JP version it's so weird to have the friend list not just be a constant stream of max level 5 star servants.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Conot posted:

For those not aware, theres a button in your party setup screen called "Line Up"

The main benefit of using this is that you can choose whether the support is fielded with your initial three, like so

So if your friends are all fielding lvl 1 Mashu, you don't have to take her along.

Holy poo poo.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Too many phone games. Giving my account back for the greater goon.

Altera, Chevalier d'Eon, Elisabeth Bathory can be had with

sFhBZz4Ske
pw: goon

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I haven't really played the US version much beyond just getting a decent-ish roll, and i probably won't play it very much anyway (since one account takes enough time already), but did the US version launch with Grail Ascension already in the game, or is that coming later there too?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's already there yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

It's already there yeah

That's pretty cool, maybe i'll use my US account to do some kinda silly gimmick run where i just hurl grails at a gimmick Servant and see what happens