Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAhPkjqdpRk

anyway here's a guy beating atilla with only 1 and 2 stars

Is the Arash there requiring anything beyond max NP? Do I have to ascend him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Is the Arash there requiring anything beyond max NP? Do I have to ascend him?
They're level 30 and level 21, so you should find a level 30 support one if you can but the other can just be level 20.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

there's like three versions of him. You talking about caster cucu?

All three versions have Protection from Arrows, so all three are pretty good at evade tanking. Caster Cu is terrible outside of that though. Prototype Cu is decent, but has something of a narrow niche. Fate Cu, on the other hand, is really bloody good for a number of reasons.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Endorph posted:

there's rome afterwards

Brain fart on my part. I finished ROME and hit a hard stop. Time to start collecting mana prisms, I suppose.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

How long was it in Japan between launch and and event/Story update?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

How long was it in Japan between launch and and event/Story update?
launch: july 30th
nero fest, the first event: september 16th
moon goddess, the second event: september 25
halloween 2015: october 21st
okeanos, the first new story chapter: november 5th
gudaguda: november 25th
christmas 2015: december 16th
london,m the second new story chapter: december 28th
saber wars: january 20th
valentine 2016: febuary 10th
kara no kyoukai: febuary 25th
count of monte cristo: march 9th
america, the third new story chapter: march 30th
da-vinci event: april 11th
fate/zero event: april 21st
ibaraki douji: may 31st
journey to the west: june 15th
onigashima: july 11th
camelot, the fourth new story chapter: july 25th
1 year anniversary: july 30th

that's the jp tiemline for the first year

Endorph fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 30, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

I've been reading that F/GO webcomic from the cirno site, and I like the interpretation that the MC is a psychopath.

I like how half of it is making GBS threads on the devs.

That's an official tie-in manga, no?

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 30, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

there's like three versions of him. You talking about caster cucu?

Talking about the Lancer version. I was doing an exp quest and he still had some evades left when the cooldown finished. I thought it was going to be like the master skill version and be a single turn.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
There's a guy on my friends' list with a lvl. 60 Jeanne, lvl. 2 NP, equipped with a Kaleidoscope. He's also got a level 40 Herc and a 37 Saber Alter,

Hello, my new best friend.

It's like middle school all over again.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
oh I rolled the "bad" 5★? eh well im already getting close to the end of Orleans, and it sounds like this game's low-grade junk is actually usable so I guess I'll just stick with what I got

I'll just maybe ascend her once I guess, just not heavily invest in her unless I start overflowing with resources for some reason

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Vengarr posted:

That comic's part of the reason that despite rolling some better accounts I'm using the one with Altera. Bad civilization+Attila being a girl from space who flies around slicing and whipping people with a rainbow sword is too much for me to ignore.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
There's no such thing as a "bad" Servant. Every Servant is your waifus and husbandos, and every one must be treated accordingly. Share the love, and you will be rewarded. Fate Namaste night.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Suzuka Gozen, who was introduced with the CCC event, is now one of my favorite waifus. She's basically the Japanese equivalent of a valley girl and even sounds the part.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You know who else has a triple dodge? That's right, Hassan. Guess who replaced Kojirou on my team. :smug:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Altera is actually a pretty good roll, much better than Artoria at least. She is the second strongest Saber in the game, and she's sixth from the top of all playable Servants. And really, she ought to be considered the strongest Saber and the fifth Servant from the top because Arthur fittingly has almost identical problems to Artoria.

What's dragging her down in NA right now is that she doesn't have her strengthening quest (which lets her fill a star absorber niche) and Merlin (who makes anyone with any Buster cards at all automatically 20x better) hasn't been released yet. Merlin is gonna take a looooong while to come out though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I kinda like Artoria more just because the party-wide atk buff is more useful for my comp.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Altera's the one with the rainbow sword/whip? I thought that's Altera is main saber.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The confusion I've seen people have with Altera and Altria is part of the reason I'm so annoyed Type Moon is sticking with Altria.

Tae posted:

I kinda like Artoria more just because the party-wide atk buff is more useful for my comp.

Eventually there will be so many Servants with Charisma or some variant of it that you kinda just stop caring about the skill beyond "oh okay it's this again". And, well, Waver's right there.

When the OP said Artoria was bad, it was mostly talking from the long run perspective. For what the game is right now she's perfectly serviceable. But as the game continues, all of Artoria's skills will lose luster, and having an AOE NP quickly becomes more of a burden than a boon.

But if you like Saber, don't worry cause the moment Okita comes out you'll get a glance at what a true waifu can do.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Vengarr posted:

I just love dead-eyed :geno: faced Saber so much.

Tutorial comic (and much more) found here:
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/comic.php#nav

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Just you wait until April 1st when everybody gets Riyo'd.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Artruia is good because she's 5 star and every 5 star is good.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That is factually wrong, but the game is so easy that it's a pointless argument at the end of the day. With the exceptions of Waver, Jack, and Merlin your team comp matters way more than the specific Servants you choose.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

For those who played the Japanese version, if the world ends a year after you start, then what happens on New Years?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Shuten have the best waifu voice. :discourse:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want to make a team of people who got multi-dodge/invulnerabilities, but I only have the Cu Chulainns and Hassan. With Marie, that'd be 5, but I don't have her.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The man called M posted:

For those who played the Japanese version, if the world ends a year after you start, then what happens on New Years?

A paid gacha. You can spend money for a guaranteed 5*.

Story-wise, the final Order took place right before the dawn of 2017.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Nyaa posted:

Shuten have the best waifu voice. :discourse:

Drunken Kansai Aoi Yuuki is best Aoi Yuuki.

Okita (the other Aoi Yuuki) is also aces. I love how she goes from super serious in battle to total goof out of combat.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tarezax posted:

Drunken Kansai Aoi Yuuki is best Aoi Yuuki.

Okita (the other Aoi Yuuki) is also aces. I love how she goes from super serious in battle to total goof out of combat.

Drunken Aoi Yuuki is basically her smug character from Reset. Goofy/Serious Aoi Yuuki is basically her character from symphogear.

We just need another Aoi Yuuki that's Tanya.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The drop rate on these dragon claws I need to ascend Salter sucks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The man called M posted:

Time doesn't go linearly in the story, it jumps forward by a few months with each singularity. That's why there's no actual story event for new year's, just a gacha. Of course, that does raise the question of how we could have had two halloweens in that time, but, uh, shutu p.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The drop rate on these dragon claws I need to ascend Salter sucks.

Japan says you can expect one every 479AP spent. You probably don't want to be spending AP on that--events will give them out or have them in their shop eventually.

edit: Oh, you probably mean the fangs. Yeah, those aren't quite as disgusting but a similar story in that you're better off just waiting.

Decus fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 30, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've only got a single one off of Altria alter when I was going for the saint quartz reward. I guess those three million wyverns in Orleans are all toothless.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
How does leveling curves work with Ascensions? If you got an S-wave type curve is it like 15 bad lvls/15 good/15 bad/15 good etc etc taking into account Ascensions/Grails?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yes it takes into account Max levels via ascensions, but not Grailing. And for S -curve it's 'Beginning Sucks, Middle shoots up like a rocket, End tapers off'

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

MotU posted:

How does leveling curves work with Ascensions? If you got an S-wave type curve is it like 15 bad lvls/15 good/15 bad/15 good etc etc taking into account Ascensions/Grails?

Grail levels are all linear. And S-type doesn't alternate, it just gets better as it moves toward the middle level out of their natural maximum and falls off as it moves away from it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Orleans is driving me insane, and it's not the wyverns.

Marie Antoinette was Austrian, not French. It's half the reason she was hated!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's us.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
How Jojo does this game get in later chapters?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

How Jojo does this game get in later chapters?

What does this even mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

did you know there are other forms of anime