Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Like, there are so many times I wish I had notch's level of money because I know I'd at least do something good with it.

Basically I'd do what Richard Garriott does because Richard Garriott owns, gently caress the haters. That guy is just happy as can be and uses his money to do stuff he thinks is cool like picking up old artifacts or building neat mansions or going to space, and afaik Richard Garriott isn't an rear end in a top hat so he's like the anti-notch

Garriott is basically running a scam like Star Citizen only less successfully in terms of crowdfunding so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Garriott is basically running a scam like Star Citizen only less successfully in terms of crowdfunding so

Yeah but he's not doing it to take the money and run. He's doing it to take the money and go to space!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I thought Garriott always made products, it seems a bit of a stretch to compare that to the star citizen dev team that takes in money and likely isn't going to ever have any kind of output.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought Garriott always made products, it seems a bit of a stretch to compare that to the star citizen dev team that takes in money and likely isn't going to ever have any kind of output.

I guess whatever Shroud of the Avatar ends up being after they poo poo it out in a few months will be better than Star Citizen, but that is a real low bar.

I guess a better comparison would be Spacebase DF-9 where they just went from alpha to release because lol whoops funds ran out.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cowcaster posted:

it's pretty inevitable that at some point he's going to run his mouth someplace that isn't twitter and get his loving clock cleaned and i'm looking forward to that day

Unlikely, as that would require him to leave his house.

wizard on a water slide posted:

I mean wrt the unhealthy lifestyle/body thing you could literally pay a six-figure salary to a full-time chef to cook you multiple healthy, delicious meals per day

being a millionaire or narrowly part of the 1% or w/e is one thing, having notch money or trump money or w/e is totally different and I've always thought it was baffling how mundane or sad some of their lives seem to be (almsot as if there's a lesson here about what kind of person becomes uber rich and something something money and love)

I can't understand having that kind of money and spending all day shitposting on twitter instead of flying to a different tropical location every week and partying your rear end off

Like how can you be that rich and whine about not having friends, motherfucker buy some friends

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 30, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Grapplejack posted:

I would buy breath of fire and megaman from capcom so we could get a good bof6 and legends 3.

I would figure out the rights issues that No One Lives Forever is tied up in and buy off whoever was necessary to get that HD remaster made

And maybe also bankroll a NOLF 3 to wash away the bad taste of that piece of poo poo Contract JACK

FirstAidKite posted:

Like, there are so many times I wish I had notch's level of money because I know I'd at least do something good with it.

Basically I'd do what Richard Garriott does because Richard Garriott owns, gently caress the haters. That guy is just happy as can be and uses his money to do stuff he thinks is cool like picking up old artifacts or building neat mansions or going to space, and afaik Richard Garriott isn't an rear end in a top hat so he's like the anti-notch

Richard Garriott once threw a Titanic themed boat party where at the end of the party the boat was sunk by another boat decorated to look like an iceberg, and everyone had to swim to shore.

Richard Garriott owns.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 30, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I really hate game journalists who can't write.

edit:

I also really hate that it's gonna be 2 more hours until I play this really good video game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Crash Bandicoot is Bioshock in Australia.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CJacobs posted:

I really hate game "journalists"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've seen a number of reviews of the new Crash game that dock it points for being exactly what was promised, an HD update of a 20 year old series. It's a good reminder that video game review scores mean nothing.

"It doesn't bring anything new to the formula" no poo poo you idiot it's an HD re-release

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Crash Bandicoot didn't need an update

The games were good

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/PixelMatt64/status/880570038943703041

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CJacobs posted:

I really hate game journalists who can't write.

edit:

I also really hate that it's gonna be 2 more hours until I play this really good video game.

But it looks like you can play Puyo Tetris right now?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ometeotl posted:

But it looks like you can play Puyo Tetris right now?

True. I will do that while I wait.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The music discussion a while ago made me want to play Mega Man X right now.

Is Mighty Gunvolt Burst actually a good game? It seems to have positive chatter around it

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

I've seen a number of reviews of the new Crash game that dock it points for being exactly what was promised, an HD update of a 20 year old series. It's a good reminder that video game review scores mean nothing.

"It doesn't bring anything new to the formula" no poo poo you idiot it's an HD re-release

It is the future and F-Zero GX somehow gets a perfect remaster on the Switch.

It proceeds to get "7"'s for being too hard.

"It too hard."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Don't

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

How does he plan on getting humanity to Jupiter and Mars if nobody reproduces?

Like even if he left now it takes a pretty long time to get to Mars, let alone Jupiter.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont ask that question

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

How does he plan on getting humanity to Jupiter and Mars if nobody reproduces?
with 2D women, man will have the resources to make Faster Than Faster Than Light Travel

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The music discussion a while ago made me want to play Mega Man X right now.

Is Mighty Gunvolt Burst actually a good game? It seems to have positive chatter around it

It sounds fun but keep in mind it's still a score attack focused thing rather than a pure mega man deal

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Motto posted:

It sounds fun but keep in mind it's still a score attack focused thing rather than a pure mega man deal

It's more of a full game than the original Mighty Gunvolt was at the very least and carries a lot of improvements such as infinite lives and being able to customize skills for your character. It's got the same bosses from Mighty No. 9 but their patterns, attacks, and stage layouts are different and, you know, it's actually fun to play. I'd recommend giving it a shot to be honest (though I still would have perferred a Gunvolt 3, maybe someday though).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 30, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

with 2D women, man will have the resources to make Faster Than Faster Than Light Travel

the power of the waifu can supercharge your very existence.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
THE NUMBERS, MISTER MASON

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Grapplejack posted:

the power of the waifu can supercharge your very existence.

it's a good thing i have, like, fifty waifus

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Crash 1 was always hard god drat it!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
God, I love MGS.

So far my only complaint about Peace Walker is stun rods instead of knives.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hot Coldman

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
hearts medicine takes an unexpected, yet somewhat familiar turn

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

They're in the vocal cords

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Crash Bandicoot HD version is god drat good, though they altered the jump physics just slightly in a way that kind of sucks a bit.

Crash's expressions are amazing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

Time to carve a pentagram into the heart

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The Crash Bandicoot HD version is god drat good, though they altered the jump physics just slightly in a way that kind of sucks a bit.

Crash's expressions are amazing.

coco or crash tia

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm like 5 missions into Peace Walker. This is exactly what I needed.

I loved MGSV, but what I really missed about the older ones is how short and straightforward they were. Yeah it's cool to have this big giant long game, but I can sit down and play Snake Eater in an evening or two.

Also, it helps that I already played V, since most of the stuff that would otherwise be complicated/daunting is much simpler rhan it was in V.

I haven't died yet, although I came really close during the first "boss".

I wish I hadn't watched basically all the cutscenes when I was getting ready for MGSV. I don't remember all the details, though.

I'm also one of the few people who doesn't mind Hayter's Big Boss voice that he used in Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ostentatious posted:

coco or crash tia

Coco is fun to play as, she's got good animations. They definitely put effort into implementing her.

She also gives a similar look of disdain. Like jesus I'm sorry it's a hard game okay!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Coco is fun to play as, she's got good animations. They definitely put effort into implementing her.

She also gives a similar look of disdain. Like jesus I'm sorry it's a hard game okay!

git gud :smug:

I regularly play through crash 1, like once a year or so. I loving love that game so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDDaOtZTP7w

You know, this music is weirdly like, not bassy enough.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuDMSvS-1y0

Yeah what the gently caress, where's the bass??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzZKaj9IV1M

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is coco someone you have to unlock or can you play as her regardless, and does it have an effect on any scenes that would normally have coco in them?

• Locked thread