Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

Yes. Even if I did, how would anyone know? I never got targetted so it wasn't like hide would do anything. And BP was a passive.

Yeah, but if you are telling the truth, there might be an interesting experiment we could try.

You claim that you have a hide available to you. This is something you have to tell Taste you want to use, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Like what is the actual power called?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It's explicitly said to be 1 Hide.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmmm.....well that leaves us with a very interesting situation. We could test that claim and get results.

We would have to no lynch today (even though I said it wasn't a good idea) and then both Circl and I would target you tonight. We would both end up getting the same result...either failed or can't target or something along those lines. Scum wouldn't be able to kill you either. Scum could kill one of me or Circl, but that would just prove that Hal is the final scum. Unless it's somehow Circl and he kills me and frames Hal for it.

However, The problem is that you could still just be scum who as the only one left alive, has all the powers of the others. Say you started with a vig, Hurt was a ninja, Ernie was a Governor and Kasu was able to hide.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
uhh

remember that TNL got murdered by a juggernaut, though. Like that doesn't have anything with what you said, I just thought that was needed to be said.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

uhh

remember that TNL got murdered by a juggernaut, though. Like that doesn't have anything with what you said, I just thought that was needed to be said.

Well, it could be that Hurt was a full assassin who could choose between a ninja or a juggernaut. And just to be clear, it could be any of them who have the individuals powers.

All I'm really saying is that even proving your power doesn't clear you as scum unless someone gets killed at night because those powers could have been gotten from other scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I guess? I don't think night actions would really solve anything here. I mean, I don't think you can hide+do a night kill so I guess that could clear me but huuh, at this point, you're 100% at risk of dying and I rather not be alone in a 1v1v1.

I mean, it would 100% give me the win but I really don't care about that anymore and I rather not be the one who accidentally sided with scum or town or whatever.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Honestly I'm pretty well convinced that TM is the better lynch at this point.

Odds-wise it's 50/50 either Hal or TM and if it's not either case, well done TMM. I would rather go for a lynch and be wrong than try to no-lynch and test a claim in such a way that we aren't even getting conclusive results.

And if we lynch town, I figure there's a 1% chance my "endorsement deal" is something that can pull out a win for town. So there's that I guess? The flavor was about my future looking bright (don't want to break any rules by directly quoting) so who knows, maybe it's a one-shot BP or one-shot double vote that I could use to lynch Hal if TM flips 3P, TMM docs me, and Hal kills TMM.

Anyway that's just me hoping that a mystery MOTM boon this late in the game is actually something useful.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

Honestly I'm pretty well convinced that TM is the better lynch at this point.

Odds-wise it's 50/50 either Hal or TM and if it's not either case, well done TMM. I would rather go for a lynch and be wrong than try to no-lynch and test a claim in such a way that we aren't even getting conclusive results.

And if we lynch town, I figure there's a 1% chance my "endorsement deal" is something that can pull out a win for town. So there's that I guess? The flavor was about my future looking bright (don't want to break any rules by directly quoting) so who knows, maybe it's a one-shot BP or one-shot double vote that I could use to lynch Hal if TM flips 3P, TMM docs me, and Hal kills TMM.

Anyway that's just me hoping that a mystery MOTM boon this late in the game is actually something useful.

I think I agree. There's just something that's too convenient about Tired's whole claim. And when combined with his actions over the course of the game (things like not trying to get Ernie lynched after a 3P Survivor claim, the Kasu vote and others), I just don't think I can let that pass right now. I was willing to give it a chance yesterday, but I'm just not sure I believe it anymore.

So let's go ahead and roll the dice and see what happens. Tired, if this does screw you again, I'm sorry. Hal, if you're the scum, I'm going to be very mad and hate you. :v:

##vote Tired

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

If we're wrong I'll try to fake an injury.

##vote Tired Moritz

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tired Moritz, Jozy Altidore, Forward, 3P Survivor+ was cut from the squad!

Actions in! No MOTM voting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
God drat it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMM, John Brooks, defender, backup doctor was cut from the squad!

CirclMastr, Geoff Cameron, defender, tracker has been endgamed!

Hal Incandenza, Jurgen Klinsmann, Manager, Scum Goon+ has won the game! All other scum have posthumously achieved their win condition!

Thanks for playing, and I hope yall had fun.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Before I nod off I want to clarify that the mystery failed lynch was a secret ability I gave to Klinsy, aptly labeled "secret" in their doc. The first cop or kill attempt on him would fail, because he had such a stranglehold on the job. I didn't expect Jamuraan to die so early.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
God drat it.

I'm sorry Tired, I should have believed you. I think if you had come out slightly stronger against the early 3P claim, it would have done a lot to sway me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

For what it's worth, I don't think town/Tired played all that badly so much as much as they got really unlucky. Not to say scum didn't deserve it of course.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So why was Hal not able to be tracked?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scum had shared abilities, 4 goons with 4 communal one-shots (2 ninja, 2 jug). They just happened to use them (or not) at the times they needed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The idea was to create a situation where role info could be useful for town but was hardly the only path to truth.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I get it, but I don't think I like shared abilities. It makes it really hard to pin down anything.

And then to top if off when every scum flips vanilla and there's a whole bunch of other claims it just seems...off...I guess.

I mean most of the reason why I switched back to Tired today was because he was claiming Survivor with a bunch of extras which seemed off given all the goon flips.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, this exact outcome is why I also chose to lynch Hal first. I just can't trust him at the end of the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'm curious what the final boon was for Circl because I chose to protect him thinking that Hal would assume I'd protect myself.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gw scum~

I replaced out because I don't care for masonries, and Taste and I agreed that it would be better for noted new player Added Space to have a pleasant mason-buddy that would help him get his bearings in the game, of mafia.

So Taste replaced me with Infinitum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

gw scum~

I replaced out because I don't care for masonries, and Taste and I agreed that it would be better for noted new player Added Space to have a pleasant mason-buddy that would help him get his bearings in the game, of mafia.

So Taste replaced me with Infinitum.

i haven't read the rest of this game but i am going to now.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Having a tracker with a pool of communal abilities seems really anti-town. Like, all I can do is find town PRs and accuse them of crap, if I found anyone at all.

And I also want to know what my boon was.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
First of all, thanks everyone and especially JFisk for the game! Second, let me apologise for the spam posting which I know annoyed many of you. As you'll read in the scumdoc, I decided to get clowny and try to push TMM for the challenge—at first I thought he was town, but then I convinced myself of my own fake case for a little while too but knew by D5 that TMM was town)—and obviously that backfired. However, it soon became clear that nobody was buying my case but I felt I was pot-committed at that point, so my only hope was to fake a frustrated townie meltdown. I will try not to do that again, as obviously this is a game we play for fun and I don't think it made the game fun for anyone except maybe me. I had hoped to get a really bitter post about the setup while I was at L-1 before getting lynched, crumbing frustration (mostly fake frustration) that we were just 3 goons against the super-powerful town, but I got lynched while I was busy at work.

Speaking of the setup, which I'm still unsure about who was favoured in it:

The Tackle by Inf was a MASSIVE game-changer and totally turned the game around. I don't think most of you realise how incredibly powerful that was for town. At that point the two most likely lynch candidates were Inf and TMM. Meaning the Tackle not only confirmed TMM, but it saved town from wasting two lynches right away. And then it confirmed Chaos later who likely would have been an easy lynch with his Doc claim being really unreliable otherwise, especially with that Jug kill that he failed to stop. AND being conftown in combination with the MOTM mechanic was insanely powerful. Especially because it was impossible for us to predict what the boons were, it was a MUCH stronger version of JOAT. We even intentionally voted TMM MOTM early because we thought he would be a good lynch candidate, and had planned to argue that he won MOTM because his scumbros all voted for him. That and tons of other town PRs.

On the other hand, four scum vs. 11 town is massively scum-favoured, and the shared ability pool was much stronger than I thought it would be, ensuring that we don't lose our PRs early and making it very hard for town to make sense of things.

All in all a really interesting setup. I kinda wish I'd be on the town side to try to make sense of it.

AS, I hope you're reading this and you keep playing mafia. I made a very similar mistake to you in my first game (lying as town). But you probably won't ever do it again!

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Also, TM, have you ever played scum before? Was that "townslip" about Jailer blocking a kill legit or strategic?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Kasumeat posted:

Also, TM, have you ever played scum before? Was that "townslip" about Jailer blocking a kill legit or strategic?

Is that not how jail works? I thought jails are like roleblocks with talking in it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Hal, was my case on you on the last night legit? That compliment is super sketchy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yeah, I got really aggro on the mid-late game which I apologize if it was annoying. Then I realized I was survivor and not town and there was no one who would get mad at me if town lose so I decided to chill.

The fact that I shot Jam who also happened to be who Infi fakeclaimed to kill leading to two town mason deaths was so dumb and I love it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Good game scum! Was a fun game to play in and watch, thanks for running it Taste.

I have no idea how you guys saw Hal pretend to triple vote and then gloat about escaping the day and then gave him a pass the next day. No townie acts like that on or near a lylo day. I'm also a little disappointed that Tired Moritz' vig claim was completely overlooked, there's no way scum with an extra nightkill would have burned it on night 1 instead of holding onto it. Finally if I was alive and a player spammed the thread like Kasu did I would have parked my vote on them and went afk, that was horribly obnoxious.

I saw both chaoslord and Kasu visit me the night I died and thought chaoslord was a lying serial killer right up until TMMadman claimed he was a backup doctor.

Anyway I'm just glad to have gotten a scum executed before I got killed myself, that's all I can really ask for in a town game.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah, I got really aggro on the mid-late game which I apologize if it was annoying. Then I realized I was survivor and not town and there was no one who would get mad at me if town lose so I decided to chill.

The fact that I shot Jam who also happened to be who Infi fakeclaimed to kill leading to two town mason deaths was so dumb and I love it.

You claimed your kill way too late dude, would have been a different game if you had claimed earlier.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

The Ninth Layer posted:

You claimed your kill way too late dude, would have been a different game if you had claimed earlier.

I really want that delicious no claim survivor solo run.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
drat it Chaos, I got my scum result on Kasu the night I died :( Glad you guys got there anyway.

Hah, oh well. I really did have a good time with this game. Kept following along after and it was intense to watch.

Congrats to the scum team.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I'm super disappointed my death went unavenged.

As soon as Tired posted he killed me I expected him to get lynched and yet.....

Lazy AF town imo, you all suck.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am the greatest scum alive!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That was a good game! Thanks Fisk, nice setup.

Seriously, I cannot believe I made it, I thought it was 100% over for us. I genuinely had no idea I was lynchproof that one day, and I never thought I would not be killed outright the next day

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Hal, was my case on you on the last night legit? That compliment is super sketchy.

Hehe... maybe a bit... but I really was complimenting the idea, I definitely ended up doing it clumsily because I was thinking about it too much.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'm curious what the final boon was for Circl because I chose to protect him thinking that Hal would assume I'd protect myself.

Let me tell you, this was some real WIFOM poo poo. I was going back and forth thinking "TMM is gonna think that I'm gonna think that he's gonna protect himself" for like quite a bit. Then taste asked me to confirm I wanted you after I submitted and I almost flipped back. But my gut from the start was that you'd protect Circl so I'm glad I stuck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Both circl and chaos received limited duration percent-chance death proofs at points in the game

• Locked thread