Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mark me down as another one who probably won't bother using raid orbs for the counter-attack. It's not that long or tough even, just the raid rewards don't seem worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

new kind of cat posted:

best off-hand for tidus -- is camilles tmr aqua blade best in slot or am i better off with the ol genji blade/blade master combo?

aqua blade would free up a materia spot where dual wield once was. does the elemental damage outweigh the raw attack stat loss? could make up some of those numbers with another shine tmr once it's done cooking.

His TM gives the same element, so genji+mastery is better IMO.

fullTimeLurker posted:

Where exactly does Rikku fit in a team comp? Does she take the support role like a Ling does? Or does she replace Tillith as a healer?

She's a support role. She can't heal anywhere near enough to take the healer role. For example, on King Mog I'm running:

Orlandu - chain
Olive - finisher
WoL - tank
Rikku - support
Tilith - healer

First turn is, barring debuff issues, Synthesis/Arms Eraser/Celestial Light/Divine Ruination/Shattering Shot (or guard, because meteor can OHKO Olive).
Second turn is Hyper NullAll/True Shot/Divine Ruination with Tilith healing as needed and WoL using a tank skill, or Armor Eraser if Olive guarded the prior turn.

After that it's just a matter of killing the boss because with Hyper NulAll everyone takes maybe 3k from Meteor, and I think Mog would have to focus down someone with melee attacks to kill them. And that person would have to not be WoL (with his 100% taunt) or guarded by WoL.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Wow, hearing about everyone's pulls just makes me want to jump off a cliff. I didn't even level Queen because I'm so disappointed in her. (Also because I ran out of cactuars leveling Rikku and WoL)

e: vvvvv while true, I am missing DAMAGE, and this is severely impairing me. no chainers, my best damage units are Lightning for physical, T.Terra for magical, and no one puts up T.Terras so I can't chain with her.

Would you like me to put my Trance Terra up? I have a little over 800 MAG.

Voodoo posted:

RIP Black Magic or Dual Cast ban that seems to happen every other week. :(

If you can't Ultima, you Dystopia or Distress or Utopia or Chaos Wave. That's what makes the Dark Finas and Trance Terras so versatile.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Rainbow pull was Ace, so not bad. Gotta grind some Crysts now.

Spent 25 tickets and 2 11 pulls chasing Tidus, and got a troll rainbow that ended up being Wilhelm when I already have Noel and WoL :(

I did come out really well in some ways though...

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Would you like me to put my Trance Terra up? I have a little over 800 MAG.

I can put up my T.Terra as well. 850 MAG or so if that would help you.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm dumpstering this Mog gently caress. Turn 1 damage using a Shattering Shot chain:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Followed your example and gave the gatcha gods 2 tickets just because "Well at worst I might get another waka and hell, he'll be useful for the king mog event in like 6 months". Got a tidus too.

I genuinely think something is hosed with the rates.

I had been looking at http://ffbe-oddsbitch.danposluns.com/??x=7&y=0&z=0 leading up to the events, to see the odds on pulling certain characters.

It really seems like these odds are quite off, not just for me, but for you guys in general. Some of us went quite awhile without pulling on-banner units. I'm fortunate I did pull Rikku with my first guaranteed 4* ticket. When I did my pulling blitz earlier, I had 14 gold crystals after that guaranteed pull, and none of them were Rikku. It's supposedly a .003% chance to not pull her out of 14 gold crystals. It's also extremely low odds to pull Emperor as an off banner 5* on two different banners, too.

I just don't think those odds that they show on that site are very accurate nowadays.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
Waited all day until I got home to pull:

Daily pull: Setzer #3

4* Ticket on FFX Banner: Beach Time Fina

10+1 Ticket

5* Pull

Really, a Trance Terra??? 1 year of playing and I still have no decent Physical DPS units, all I ever pull are casters of some kind.

I told my SO, who stopped playing 3 months ago after not pulling Orlandu, that they were giving out free pulls so he redownloaded the game just to pull his 2 10+1 tickets (one Anniversary, one Welcome Back gift), 4* Ticket and used his remaining 1500 lapis. He got:

Beach Time Fina
Wakka x 3
TIDUS

He just uninstalled the game again and sent me a screenshot of his Tidus. Soooo salty.

Chasiu fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 30, 2017

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.

KDdidit posted:

Mark me down as another one who probably won't bother using raid orbs for the counter-attack. It's not that long or tough even, just the raid rewards don't seem worth it.

You can "beat" it really easy.

Just enter with a couple of units with escape. Have units use magic a few times then escape first turn. The game counts this as a win. Using this method I got the lapis and two of the mission rewards.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Well, guess I can't complain with my free tidus, but what hot poo poo:

Got rikku on the free 10+1 too, so decent haul all in all.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Pulled Dark Fina in the 5*+10 pull. I ain't complaining 'cause I don't care enough for that. Is she worth Enhancing though?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

Dragomorph posted:

Pulled Dark Fina in the 5*+10 pull. I ain't complaining 'cause I don't care enough for that. Is she worth Enhancing though?

Ultima Enhanced is pretty drat good. It becomes a multi-hitting move. Get yourself a friend D. Fina who is enhanced and double cast those Ultimas until things stop moving.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?

SereneCrimson posted:

Ultima Enhanced is pretty drat good. It becomes a multi-hitting move. Get yourself a friend D. Fina who is enhanced and double cast those Ultimas until things stop moving.

Sounds good. Between that and pushing Greg up over 700 Atk today, I'm feeling pretty good about things overall. Got Shine too for that extra future TM happiness.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Tidus from my free 10+1 Gilgamesh from the guaranteed 5*. Not bad. One of my friends got lightning and Noctis in the same 10+1 pull.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

I hope we all remember this downpour of rainbows to buttress against the coming months of gumi punching us in the vag/dick

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Wow, hearing about everyone's pulls just makes me want to jump off a cliff. I didn't even level Queen because I'm so disappointed in her. (Also because I ran out of cactuars leveling Rikku and WoL)

e: vvvvv while true, I am missing DAMAGE, and this is severely impairing me. no chainers, my best damage units are Lightning for physical, T.Terra for magical, and no one puts up T.Terras so I can't chain with her.

just ask whenever and ill put my Trance Terra up. Lately I've just been using mine to cap chains with dual ultima/alterna, and that seems to wreck things quite well.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

So I've come back from a bit of a hiatus (orlandeau pulling broke me, especially when a friend pulled two...) but have manages to snag an Aileen in the guaranteed 5 pull.

Given that I have limited good tms, should I be stacking my Luneth or her. Who will I get better damage out of?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So are they giving us the extra day for the Brave Frontier event since Maintenance shat itself?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 30, 2017

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
47 tickets and no rikku
my free 5* was a second reberta
my free 10+1 got me a hope or some poo poo

terrible pulls today blech

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I haven't seen a single 5* in the last 30+ rerolls. Last one was Lightning.

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

I really don't know what to say about today, I went in with low expectation since in the last year I've had 3 rainbows, Luneth, Garnet, Luneth.
Was hoping to get one of the 5* chainers, Noctis or at least ramza

This turned into the stupidest run of luck I'll ever see in this game

5* guaranteed was Tidus, awesome.

About 40 tickets later I had pulled Rikku, Fryevia and Fohlen. The last two within 3 tickets of each other.

And just now I got the anniversary bundle as planned and did an 11 pull because why stop after this run of luck.

Twice as many 5* bases today as I had pulled in the last year, and somehow all decent. I wasn't expecting Luneth to get benched so hard.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
Pulled my third Gilgamesh on the guaranteed 5* banner, got crap all on the free 10 pull and a regular 10 pull on the new banner. Did pick up a Rikku off a ticket at least.

I suppose it could be worse, I could have pulled a third Emperor or a fourth Lightning, but seeing all the great pulls other people have makes me feel kinda like Charlie Brown on Halloween.

Robotic Accolade fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 30, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

new kind of cat posted:

best off-hand for tidus -- is camilles tmr aqua blade best in slot or am i better off with the ol genji blade/blade master combo?

aqua blade would free up a materia spot where dual wield once was. does the elemental damage outweigh the raw attack stat loss? could make up some of those numbers with another shine tmr once it's done cooking.

Aqua Blade is better in my opinion 1) if you want to run a 100% dodge Tidus and 2) if you don't have a Genji Glove and a good TMR sword(Genji Blade not good enough).

Basically dual wield with great sword or blade mastery and DKS, nets you +10% ATK + the ATK difference between Aqua Blade and whatever sword you'd be using in that slot. So if you're maxing ATK then dual wield, or glove If you have it, is better.

SereneCrimson posted:

Unfortunately the cryst cost of enhancing Ultima is ridiculous. Its something like 6xT5 and 12xT4.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jun 30, 2017

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Today's Vault of Treasures drops one of every Support cryst, so don't forget to run that.

PaybackJack posted:

Unfortunately the cryst cost of enhancing Ultima is ridiculous. Its something like 6xT5 and 12xT4.

Only 3 x T5, but 12 x T4 is a killer all on its own. I have a fully awakened Ultima on one of my Dark Finas, but only because I bought all the Black Giancrysts from the last two King Mog events. I did get to play with Ultima chains in the Maxwell ELT fight, though. The timing's a bit finicky (you need a slight delay between casting the two spells or they won't chain), but it was effective.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
My 5* pull is Aileen. Unfortunately, I've already got Orlandeau and Icelandeu, so Earthlandeu is gonna get benched until her enhancements. Was hoping for a 5* support unit like Ramza or Noctis.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Killing Vector posted:

Today's Vault of Treasures drops one of every Support cryst, so don't forget to run that.

Only 3 x T5, but 12 x T4 is a killer all on its own. I have a fully awakened Ultima on one of my Dark Finas, but only because I bought all the Black Giancrysts from the last two King Mog events. I did get to play with Ultima chains in the Maxwell ELT fight, though. The timing's a bit finicky (you need a slight delay between casting the two spells or they won't chain), but it was effective.

Not pictured, the black T5 and the guard crysts on my list.

Daily was Rikku #4. I'm going to have that pouch in no time now!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Double posting to say everyone gets 1000 lapis for the login issues last night. Not bad.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
1000 Compensation Lapis! Wooho! And they're adding 50 pulls to the raid summon next maintenance so save your coins.

Also, if the game ate your money without giving what you bought, this is the link people have been sharing:
https://gumi.helpshift.com/a/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/?contact=1

Killing Vector posted:

There's been reports of two different versions of the quest, with the final wave either being 3x metal Cactuar or 3x regular Cactuar. The latter drop the Support crysts, so if the former show up, Give Up on the quest or you'll be screwed out of a better reward.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just managed to pull Queen on a multi and Noctis on a 4* EX Ticket. That's a lot of new 5*s in two days. Thankfully, the EX system gives you a decent stack of cactuars to level up the fruits of your whaling. Shame it wasn't retroactive.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Aqua Blade is better in my opinion 1) if you want to run a 100% dodge Tidus and 2) if you don't have a Genji Glove and a good TMR sword(Genji Blade not good enough).

Basically dual wield with great sword or blade mastery and DKS, nets you +10% ATK + the ATK difference between Aqua Blade and whatever sword you'd be using in that slot. So if you're maxing ATK then dual wield, or glove If you have it, is better.

so here was my thinking behind it -- brotherhood is going in his main hand once I finish tmr farming what the moogle's couldn't cover. I thought brotherhood would be a great sword, but it turns out it's actually just a regular ol' sword, so aqua blade's double sword stance would work with it. would two water-element weapons outweigh the straight attack bonus, figuring in blitz ace's imperil (god i love how easy it to LB with tidus after putting up with noctis's slow rear end gauge).

I don't have a genji glove or I would be all over that. until I pull a greg I will have to deal.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

HGH posted:

1000 Compensation Lapis! Wooho! And they're adding 50 pulls to the raid summon next maintenance so save your coins.

Also, if the game ate your money without giving what you bought, this is the link people have been sharing:
https://gumi.helpshift.com/a/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/?contact=1

There's been reports of two different versions of the quest, with the final wave either being 3x metal Cactuar or 3x regular Cactuar. The latter drop the Support crysts, so if the former show up, Give Up on the quest or you'll be screwed out of a better reward.

Can confirm I got totally hosed and got lovely cactuars instead of crystals

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

WebDO posted:

Can confirm I got totally hosed and got lovely cactuars instead of crystals

:same:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
It looks like the Mog Coin multi-summon is busted? Tried restarting the app but it still only spits out one reward at a time. It only takes 100 coins instead of 1000 thankfully.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

I started to flinch when I saw a dupe, but then... do I bench Refia now?

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 30, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

new kind of cat posted:

so here was my thinking behind it -- brotherhood is going in his main hand once I finish tmr farming what the moogle's couldn't cover. I thought brotherhood would be a great sword, but it turns out it's actually just a regular ol' sword, so aqua blade's double sword stance would work with it. would two water-element weapons outweigh the straight attack bonus, figuring in blitz ace's imperil (god i love how easy it to LB with tidus after putting up with noctis's slow rear end gauge).

I don't have a genji glove or I would be all over that. until I pull a greg I will have to deal.

You only need one sword for both your attacks to gain water attribute. In japan using the dual wield sword was useful since you could stack the same TMs, so all you needed was DKS to max out tidus attack. Here we cant do that, so we have to split weapon types to gain more damage through blade mastery or the GS one.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Was having trouble with Mog counterattack, got WoL and Rikku leveled and it is now a joke. The hype is real y'all.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You only need one sword for both your attacks to gain water attribute. In japan using the dual wield sword was useful since you could stack the same TMs, so all you needed was DKS to max out tidus attack. Here we cant do that, so we have to split weapon types to gain more damage through blade mastery or the GS one.

Got it. Didn't know that one en-element weapon would apply to both hits, but makes sense.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
And Rikku get. Guess I'm done with this banner.

EDIT: The multi-summon button for the raid summon is broken.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I was wondering what that guy was talking about. I only got cactuses and now I'm sad I missed out on those support crysts. Why would they have RNG in a non-repeatable mission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007

HGH posted:

Crap, I wish I read this before completing the quest... I literally got all Metal Cactuars. JUST metal cactuars UGH.

• Locked thread