Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I don't understand his hatred for Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

cowboy elvis posted:

Because Obama has roots there. It always comes down to Obama

EDIT: Trump's Election Fraud Commission Asked States to Send Sensitive Voter Information Over Insecure Email

quote:

The White House on Wednesday requested that every state surrender a laundry list of voter data, including partial social security numbers, using an insecure email address unprotected by even basic encryption technology.

Encouraging state election officials to transmit voter data insecurely belies the White House’s stated goal of improving the security and integrity of federal election systems.

A letter to Connecticut Secretary of State Denise Miller containing the request was tweeted out Thursday afternoon by Vanita Gupta, president and CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights. It was signed by Kris Kobach, the vice chairman of the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity. (Vice President Mike Pence chairs the commission, which was formed in mid-May by executive order.) Kobach confirmed to the Kansas City Star that he sent similar letters to officials in every state.

Enjoy permanent GOP rule.

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 30, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The president is pushing back against claims that he has an unhealthy relationship with Morning Joe

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/880771685460344832

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
That reads like a gorilla we taught loving sign language to.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

That reads like a gorilla we taught loving sign language to.

That's insulting to gorillas. They at least have empathy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

That's insulting to gorillas. They at least have empathy.

do gorillas pick their butts and sniff it like monkeys do?

still classier than our POTUS

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

cowboy elvis posted:

Chicago is the ideal obsession for conservatives- they can point out how violent and lawless urban areas are, they can ponder how there are so many gun crimes in a place with strict gun control laws, they can wonder why BLM never has any comment on the black on black violence, and they can insinuate that minorities are violent, dangerous, and uneducated. Etc etc.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

cowboy elvis posted:

Obama. Also the gun control/crime relationship makes it an easy target for conservatives.

EFB

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea but Chicago owns despite the numerous problems here.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
3 years without a budget lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

cowboy elvis posted:

Yea but Chicago owns despite the numerous problems here.

I enjoyed the 2 days I spent there, despite the tolls, the weather, and half the trains not running which left me stranded in that lovely area south of Soldier Field. The doorman at the Sears Tower (gently caress Willis) told me to save my money because the top wasn't above the cloud layer, which was nice of him.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/880770289587671040

Jesus christ :stare:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

TBeats posted:

do gorillas pick their butts and sniff it like monkeys do?

still classier than our POTUS

https://twitter.com/jerryspringer/status/880786680206241792

This poo poo's amazing.

Also amazing on a policy side: the Keystone XL pipeline cost $3B to build, tons of presidential/congressional fights... and no company wants to actually use it. https://twitter.com/Jake_Bernstein/status/880789647290494980

Shale oil American production and trading at $45 instead of $130 per barrel basically hosed the pipeline owners.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 30, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/jerryspringer/status/880786680206241792

This poo poo's amazing.

Also amazing on a policy side: the Keystone XL pipeline cost $3B to build, tons of presidential/congressional fights... and no company wants to actually use it. https://twitter.com/Jake_Bernstein/status/880789647290494980

Shale oil American production and trading at $45 instead of $130 per barrel basically hosed the pipeline owners.

Oil prices are pretty hosed unless we start bombing the Saudis

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Ahahahahahaha, all that whining and violence over Keystone, and nobody even wants to touch it.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

loving lmao at the thought of some doe-eyed 18 year old Guardsman from loving Carbondale patrolling South Lawndale. It would be the inverse of Newark

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That Gay marriage vote in Germany...80 years ago the Germans were putting gay people in concentration camps. This is pretty remarkable.

And even though I don't agree with Merkel's vote against it I respect it. She doesn't believe it in, but she let others in her party vote their conscience.

And even the folks that DON'T agree with the idea of gay marriage are calm and rational about it, and not being gibbering apes throwing poo poo like they are here in Canada.

Man, the fuckin' Germans. Good on them.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

MA-Horus posted:

That Gay marriage vote in Germany...80 years ago the Germans were putting gay people in concentration camps. This is pretty remarkable.

And even though I don't agree with Merkel's vote against it I respect it. She doesn't believe it in, but she let others in her party vote their conscience.

And even the folks that DON'T agree with the idea of gay marriage are calm and rational about it, and not being gibbering apes throwing poo poo like they are here in Canada.

Keep in mind that legal ratification of same sex partnerships has been signed into law since 2001, it was just never called "marriage", which was the last religious hill the conservative party chose to die on.

We haven't been trying to turn gays into tires for more than fifteen years...unlike other nations.

:smugbert:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I just remembered the other day that gay marriage has only been legal in the US for 2 years.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Keep in mind that legal ratification of same sex partnerships has been signed into law since 2001, it was just never called "marriage", which was the last religious hill the conservative party chose to die on.

We haven't been trying to turn gays into tires for more than fifteen years...unlike other nations.

:smugbert:

I like the modern Germans, you guys are doing this "modern, social-democratic society" thing right.

I'm glad both my grandparents are dead though because if they heard me saying that I'd be disowned because y'all stole their bicycles and made them eat tulip bulbs in the winter of 1944.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm like a pit bull owner when it comes to Germans. Ill use the exact same arguments.

There are no bad Germans, just bad German leaders. Give them a loving nurturing home and you'll end up with a nanny state / functional democracy, chain them up in the back yard and beat them with lead pipes of course you're gonna end up with fight dog /Nazis.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm like a pit bull owner when it comes to Germans. Ill use the exact same arguments.

There are no bad Germans, just bad German leaders. Give them a loving nurturing home and you'll end up with a nanny state / functional democracy, chain them up in the back yard and beat them with lead pipes of course you're gonna end up with fight dog /Nazis.

same but america

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

MA-Horus posted:

I find most people complaining about Canada's liberal policies are people who wish we were the states, so gently caress em, I love Canada. It starting to get to the point where it is turning into the states and people are doing things just to stick it to lieberals and CONservatives. Thank you American media

Edit: social media doesn't help at all and is probably more to blame, as well as "everyone's entitled to their opinions" mentality where you can do no wrong cause no one really knows.

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 30, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I find most people complaining about Canada's liberal policies are people who wish we were the states, so gently caress em, I love Canada. It starting to get to the point where it is turning into the states and people are doing things just to stick it to lieberals and CONservatives. Thank you American media

gently caress yes, they have a visceral, deep hatred of the LIEberals and Justine Turdno. Although I have some very left-wing friends who are protesting Canada 150 due to Aboriginal issues, and I understand that point of view. I will dispute the "celebration of colonial violence" thing.

TURDNO ISN'T loving CLEVER, Just like Obongo wasn't clever.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

MA-Horus posted:

Germany was actually one of the more decent countries with regards to hay rights and such in the interwar period.

It's more like a loop or horseshoe or something. :) maybe a bouncy ball

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
hay rights

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

MA-Horus posted:

gently caress yes, they have a visceral, deep hatred of the LIEberals and Justine Turdno. Although I have some very left-wing friends who are protesting Canada 150 due to Aboriginal issues, and I understand that point of view. I will dispute the "celebration of colonial violence" thing.

TURDNO ISN'T loving CLEVER, Just like Obongo wasn't clever.

Trudeau hasn't done anything except be a more handsome and empathetic Harper, but at least he isn't coming after unions like Harper was about to if he got elected again. I voted NDP anyways

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

is this the thread where we get to politely ask Canada when they are gonna move out of mom's basement?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
And, in a return to buisiness as usual in the US, Texas Supreme Court has ruled against a lower court ruling, saying that Same Sex couples are NOT entitled to the same marriage rights as hetero couples.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Neigh

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

KirbyKhan posted:

I, uh...

...thanks?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BUG JUG posted:

is this the thread where we get to politely ask Canada when they are gonna move out of mom's basement?

Canada lives in the attic. Mexico is in the basement.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

FAUXTON posted:

drag isn't trans and often isn't even tied to gender identity, some dudes just dress up as women who give press conferences.

Really?!

I had no idea!!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Trudeau hasn't done anything except be a more handsome and empathetic Harper, but at least he isn't coming after unions like Harper was about to if he got elected again. I voted NDP anyways

he's bad

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/880792952645328896

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Thalantos posted:

Really?!

I had no idea!!

actually you know what, nevermind. i'm going to just put it this way: shut up.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

It's almost as if people, and reality in general, are more complex than the LIBERAL VS CONSERVATIVE-tribalist mentality allows for

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I can't figure out if it's considered progress when a gay-married, German nazifur is only breaking the law by being a nazi.

deep thoughts

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

facialimpediment posted:

I can't figure out if it's considered progress when a gay-married, German nazifur is only breaking the law by being a nazi.

deep thoughts

🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Quit reviving the drag "debate"

• Locked thread