Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

PS4 Commanders:

Please befriend everyone in the community group SpaaaaceGooons so that we all can see each other in open. Also, play in open. We got your six :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Couple of tips for new pilots, since we have a lot of them in the thread:

Tip #1 Learn to use your translational thrusters!

That is, your thrust up/down and left/right buttons. They are crucial for dogfighting. While pulling back on the stick, if you activate your up thrusters, you'll pitch up in a tighter arc. If you do the opposite, and use your down thrusters, you'll pitch up in a wider arc.

Tip #2: ALWAYS BE CBOOSTING

You have an Engine Boost button. That button is your friend. As you might imagine, pressing the boost button gives your thrusters a shot of space nitrous and you go faster. But here's the fun thing: It affects ALL of your thrusters, not just the big ones in the back. You will turn MUCH faster, and can boost straight up or down by using your translations. You can juke slow moving projectiles by boosting and strafing to the left or right.

This video here demonstrates what you can do with your translational thrusters and boost:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151724270

I'm piloting a Vulture and just doing donuts around around that Anaconda, ripping it to shreds while it cannot do a single thing about it. Admittedly, the Vulture is a very special little ship, and I have modified that one to ridiculous, nearly broken levels of agility, but the basic principle applies to every ship.

Tip #3: Weapons have Falloff ranges

All laser weapons have a default falloff of 600 meters. Anything beyond that, and your damage goes to poo poo. Kinetic weapons generally go out to 1km or so. Railguns and Plasma have the same poo poo falloff rates as Lasers. If your target is more than 1.5km away you probably should save your WEP capacitor and move in closer.

Tip #4: Power Distributor is your friend

Your ship has a Power Distributor. It diverts power to one of 3 systems: Weapons, Engines, or System.

The more pips you give to a subsystem, the better that subsystem will function. For Weapons, it means you can fire them for longer. For engines, it means you go faster, turn faster, and can boost more often, and for Systems, it increases the hardness of your shields, and provides the energy to recharge them. If you don't allocate enough pips to your shields, they won't regenerate very well. They'll also be soft as butter. A good pilot knows when to change the power allocation at a moment's notice. About to crash into something? Better put 4 pips to SYS to soften the blow. Need to run away, or catch something? Put more pips to ENG.

Tip #5: When in doubt, Hi-Wake

If you're on the losing end of an asskicking, don't just sit there and try to supercruise your way out. Instead, jump to another star. Any star. It doesn't matter which one. Supercruise can be delayed/stalled if a big enough ship is near you. Hi-Wake (Jump) doesn't have this limitation. This game heavily favors someone who wants to retreat from a fight, so use that to your advantage.

Tip #6: Don't fly if you can't re-buy

In your right hand information menu, you'll see the amount of money it costs to rebuy your ship if you die. If you've played EVE you know where I'm going with this. Don't fly something if you can't afford to replace it easily. Sure you might have just enough saved up to buy a shiny new Cobra MKIII or a Viper or something, but without the proper module fittings, it's going to just get you killed. Save up some money for upgrades, and also enough for at least 1-2 rebuys.

Tip #7: Paying for fuel is for suckers

Most stations sell an optional internal module called a Fuel Scoop. This handy little gadget lets you hoover up free hydrogen from main sequence stars, replenishing your fuel supply in-situ. The bigger/more expensive the scoop, the faster it hoovers up fuel. Note: This only works for main sequence stars. Every star can be classified as a type. The ones you can refuel from are classes O, B, A, G, F, K, and M. A helpful mnemonic is: Oh Be A Goon Fucker, Kill Me. You can set your Galaxy Map to only plot routes that have those specific classes of stars, as well. That's very handy for long trips.

Tip #8: Faster always beats Economical

In the Galaxy map, you can plot routes. You have several options, but by default the game is set to use the most economical routes instead of the fastest routes. Always use the fastest route, as that means less jumps needed for the trip. Since you're smart and are scooping fuel on the go, you don't need to give a poo poo about conserving fuel. Just make sure you don't run out of gas in a star system where you can't scoop!

If you can't make it to the next hop on your journey due to lack of fuel, you can use the galaxy map to find a suitable star nearby that you *can* jump to, and from there you can replot your course to your original destination. Just remember that you can only scoop from main sequence stars.

If you follow these tips you're sure to go far, and then you can be like me: driving a solid gold spaceship filled with space weed and guns and rampage:

Kurr de la Cruz fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 30, 2017

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Space friends, should i try to get into the game again? Is it worth it?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Someone in the PS4 thread said frogs hardly fly with each other. What exactly can commanders do to further the frog cause if they're all flying by themselves?

Space Skeleton posted:

The whole community generally hardly flies with each other but set goals which members of their groups accomplish small parts of since it's a big shared galaxy sim. We do wing up for wars and some other activities though.

We haven't had a single, combined PG in a while I don't think? Should we do one now for shits and giggles and to combine the three platforms? poo poo, never mind. I completely spaced (:rimshot: for a second and forgot thought we could do a cross-platform PG. :cripes:

-----

Mike the TV posted:

I can't find it right now but one of the very first videos of Horizons was David Braben flying upside-down to find a landing spot on a moon of Jupiter.

It's on Braben's personal YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8lD37ey74c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyPoaVRErE0

His channel is also where the first in-game reveal of the Federal Corvette was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaV3FP5HJ48

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 30, 2017

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

pik_d posted:

Speaking of planetary transitions, I found that flying upside-down until just before going into glide to be a lot easier with respect to actually being able to see the target. Is this a common way of doing it? It just makes so much sense to me because the canopies allow you to look up but not down.

Yep, it is much easier in most ships.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

20:00 UK time (19:00 IGT) I'll be doing a Q&A stream at http://www.twitch.tv/elitediamondfrogs

PM me either here or Discord (I'm Madcat there) if there's any specific topics you'd like to see covered.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

These are all excellent tips and newbies should pay heed. Special attention should be paid to learning to use your translational (up down left right) thrusters, and to pip management. The difference in damage absorption between 2 dots in SYS and 4 dots in SYS is enormous, and if you really need to run like fun, some ships even before engineering can, with 4 dots in ENG, pretty much boost endlessly, sending you hurtling away from pew pew doom at several hundred metres per second faster than what's shooting you.

Also, never be afraid to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Feenix posted:

YEs, thanks to both you and pik_d.

Just trying to find out now how I fiddle with those pips and redistribute on PS4.

IIRC it's the D-Pad that controls pip distribution on PS4

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Cobaltshift posted:

Do you guys prefer regular or bi-weave shields?
Depends. Both have their advantages. The purpose dictates the methods.

My combat ships generally use bi-weaves, because they can usually take a hit to the hull and shrug it off or have enough speed to simply disengage at will. Regeneration speed is important if you are expect your shields to eventually fail anyways.
My trade ships and mission runners use A-rated normal shields, because they simply need every MJ of shielding to block all incoming damage, while recharge rate is of secondary importance. This is because these ships often encounter hostile players in supercruise and are not equipped to fight back, so they WILL take focused and heavy fire. If you play solo, you can pretty happily use bi-weaves or D-rated there.
My exploration ships use D-rated normal shields, because they're lighter than bi-weaves.

edit:

grimcreaper posted:

Space friends, should i try to get into the game again? Is it worth it?

I personally think this is a question that can not be answered easily. It really depends on your personal preferences.

The engine and the world and the ships are magnificent. The core gameplay, however, becomes quite repetitive after a while. What you're trying to get is a sense of personal accomplishment. In the first hundred or two hundred hours this is easy, but after three hundred or so hours the game suddenly shifts gear to something resembling a F2P grind model. At that point you can either keep doing what you were doing and spend literally hundreds of hours of collecting credits to get yet another ship, or you can settle down for concrete, manageable goals. But the grind is real, and if you really dislike repetitive actions, then this might not be a game for you.

I joined the Frogs and that was easily the third-best choice I have made in my E:D career. The best was getting a Cobra Mk. III and second best was realizing the Community Goals are a thing.

El Perkele fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 30, 2017

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

illBilliam posted:

PS4 Commanders:

Please befriend everyone in the community group SpaaaaceGooons so that we all can see each other in open. Also, play in open. We got your six :clint:

Yes, do this. Open means other human players around, who may attack you, or who may be cool new friends to make. Embrace the uncertainty, it makes everything more fun. My first PVP encounter was when a player ambushed my friend just as I was dropping in on his wing beacon. I couldn't avenge my buddy, but I had an immensely fun time in my first human vs human dogfight (and only the second time I had ever fired my guns at a ship in-game).

Video of that little fight here: https://youtu.be/5P8ysW-QtIs

Also, new PS4 goons, I have linked this series before but this series of short tutorials for the Xbone by CMDR Hoopchi is your flight school. It covers everything in the basics from menus, to key bindings, to landings, to the UI. This is your flight school training right here. Start with the 3rd one if you already grok the menus, but seriously with a game with as many things to learn as this one, it's downright daft not to at least browse through these very specifc absolute beginner vids. I can't stress enough how useful they are, especially as it all refers to controller bindings at all times, it's console specific training.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbT8MSa-xHQp6uEX1KaGkwN1oOALfCD1-

Cobaltshift posted:

Can anyone tell me some about frontier points? I have 1000 from the legendary edition but I'm not sure what I should spend them on. Is there anything that's the most bang for your buck?

Frontier Points are how they handle cash money transactions across platforms. Buy more FP from the PS Store, use them in game through a special web browser link. 1000 points is $15 worth. You could buy a ship kit for 800 points, but it is just for that one ship. Skins are ship specific too.

Best value for money, is to buy some things that you can use across any ship. I bought the purple weapons modifier, which was dirt cheap and looked amazing. Especially as you can't change HUD colours on console, so having lasers that aren't the same colour as the UI is pimp AF.

See also nameplates, so you can display your ship name on the hull. I got a practical plate (they have 4 styles) and the ID plate (one pack only)

A bobblehead for the dashboard is worth a punt too. Bit of goofy fun, but it also helps get used to which way your ship is moving by its reactions. I got a wirefram Coriolis, which sits above my gimble display, and I love it.

Edit to add:

This is a little external view of my starting Sidewinder, the good ship Tadpole. This shows a ship kit to change the silhouette, a vibrant yellow skin, nameplates, and coloured lasers. I love my Tadpole, still flying it as I want to savour all the ships.

https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/879743726477647872

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 30, 2017

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I'm pretty established on Xbox. You guys think its worth it to scrap it all and move to either PS4 or PC even if I don't really want to?

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

<tips omitted>

this post is gold. thanks very much.

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

Parkingtigers posted:

Frontier Points are how they handle cash money transactions across platforms. Buy more FP from the PS Store, use them in game through a special web browser link. 1000 points is $15 worth. You could buy a ship kit for 800 points, but it is just for that one ship. Skins are ship specific too.

Best value for money, is to buy some things that you can use across any ship. I bought the purple weapons modifier, which was dirt cheap and looked amazing. Especially as you can't change HUD colours on console, so having lasers that aren't the same colour as the UI is pimp AF.

See also nameplates, so you can display your ship name on the hull. I got a practical plate (they have 4 styles) and the ID plate (one pack only)

A bobblehead for the dashboard is worth a punt too. Bit of goofy fun, but it also helps get used to which way your ship is moving by its reactions. I got a wirefram Coriolis, which sits above my gimble display, and I love it.

Edit to add:

This is a little external view of my starting Sidewinder, the good ship Tadpole. This shows a ship kit to change the silhouette, a vibrant yellow skin, nameplates, and coloured lasers. I love my Tadpole, still flying it as I want to savour all the ships.

https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/879743726477647872

Thanks for this info! I was thinking along the same lines, was definitely thinking of getting nameplates. Those purple lasers are dope! Picking a color will not be easy....

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
PSA - Engine detailing is now available in the store, and the colors affect all of your thrusters, not just the main ones in the rear. Additionally, they are sick nasty.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Mike the TV posted:

PSA - Engine detailing is now available in the store, and the colors affect all of your thrusters, not just the main ones in the rear. Additionally, they are sick nasty.

Take my $1.75 you bastards! :homebrew:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Cyan engines, pink weapons. Retrowave in space.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
*logs on*
*is not even sure he's 100% sold on the game yet*
*buys Frontier Points because he needs to be sick nasty*

[edit]:

Nameplates, engine thrust colors, laser colors. Are these all ship specific?

Also: AM I going to be in this starter ship for a long rear end time?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 30, 2017

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Feenix posted:

*logs on*
*is not even sure he's 100% sold on the game yet*
*buys Frontier Points because he needs to be sick nasty*

[edit]:

Nameplates, engine thrust colors, laser colors. Are these all ship specific?

Also: AM I going to be in this starter ship for a long rear end time?

All three of those can be put on as many ships as you would like.

Your next ship upgrade should be an Eagle if you like bounty hunting, or a Cobra if you want to do a bit of everything. Assuming you've made even a tiny amount of money, you can probably buy an Eagle right now.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Since I've bought the game, I've gotten myself stranded between stars twice. Which is to say, both times I've sat down and played.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok, so they are multi-use. That's good. My second question was merely to determine if it was a one time use if it was a waste to buy cosmetics for a ship I'd toss soon, or if I'd need to be in the starter ship for like, 40 hours.

Thanks! :)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Update on my own PS4-adventure:

-Thanks to playing the game on PC for years, I knew to immediately sign up with a CG and made some easy start-up money.
-Used my ill-gotten gains to buy a Viper IV and equipping it with some passenger cabins, because why not?
-Transported some rich tourists around. Said tourists stayed happy even after half a dozen near-crashes

Also happening:
-My Frontier points are still on the wrong account. :shepface:
-I still haven't gotten around to re-bind my left and right thrusters, leading to lots and lots of near-crashes when attempting to dock :shepface:

I'm really missing my joystick, but hey, the game is still fun!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm sure it probably doesn't matter, but do we have an agreed upon Nameplate style?

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Feenix posted:

Ok, so they are multi-use. That's good. My second question was merely to determine if it was a one time use if it was a waste to buy cosmetics for a ship I'd toss soon, or if I'd need to be in the starter ship for like, 40 hours.

I still occasionally use my Sidewinder after playing for 3 years, but it's personal preference. If I were you I wouldn't buy a paintjob until you find a ship that you absolutely love - you'll know the feeling.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mike the TV posted:

I still occasionally use my Sidewinder after playing for 3 years, but it's personal preference. If I were you I wouldn't buy a paintjob until you find a ship that you absolutely love - you'll know the feeling.

I'm doing Nameplate, Lasers and Engine thrust. I'm going to hold off on ship kits and paint jobs until I find my groove. )

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Since I've bought the game, I've gotten myself stranded between stars twice. Which is to say, both times I've sat down and played.

Get a fuel scoop, even if it's the worst one. It'll let you replenish you fuel at (most) suns by reenacting the scene in Star Trek IV where they slingshot around the sun. Except you'll have 100% fewer whales.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Feenix posted:

Paintjobs and Bodykits are specific to a hull type (Sidewinder, Cobra Mk III, Anaconda, etc.)

Nameplates, Decals, Interior Decorations, and Weapon/Engine Color mods are not hull specific and can be used on any ship.

You can use them as many times as you like, within the above limitations.

I also strongly recommend that you get the hell out of your sidewinder ASAP. It's a garbage ship. You can pick up an Adder for absolutely nothing, and it's better than the Sidewinder in every way.

Here's the general progression lines for combat/multirole/trading/exploration:

Combat:

Eagle -> Viper MK III/Viper MK IV -> Vulture -> Python/Fer De Lance -> Anaconda/Imperial Cutter/Federal Corvette

Multirole:

Adder -> Cobra MKIII -> ASP Explorer -> Python/Imperial Clipper -> Anaconda/Imperial Cutter

Trading (I might be wrong on this, I'm not a hauler):

Hauler -> Type 6 -> ASP Explorer -> Python -> Type 9 Heavy/Anaconda/Imperial Cutter

Exploration (Again, not my wheelhouse):

Hauler -> Type 6 -> Diamondback Explorer -> Asp Explorer -> Anaconda

There's a couple more ships that could go into any of these categories, but generally this is what people fly for the roles above. The most important thing to remember is that any ship can do any job. I've seen Eagles make it all the way to the center of the galaxy, and I've seen big fat Type 9 Heavies turned into hilarious murder busses. What matters is that you enjoy flying your ship. The rest can sort itself out with fittings/strategy.

Oh, by the way, avoid the following ships, they are total garbage:

Asp Scout
Cobra MK IV

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Angrymog posted:

20:00 UK time (19:00 IGT) I'll be doing a Q&A stream at http://www.twitch.tv/elitediamondfrogs

PM me either here or Discord (I'm Madcat there) if there's any specific topics you'd like to see covered.

Didn't know you got into the official newsletter, nice.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Next time it happens, call the Fuel Rats: https://www.fuelrats.com/

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I promise you, I am googling around. I still don;t understand missions that involve Search Signal Sources in _________.

I'm just flying around unsure of what to do.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Feenix posted:

I promise you, I am googling around. I still don;t understand missions that involve Search Signal Sources in _________.

I'm just flying around unsure of what to do.

Look for the system Nav Beacon and scan it first.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is mining worthwhile? I was thinking about picking up a hauler and some collector drones.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Popete posted:

Is mining worthwhile? I was thinking about picking up a hauler and some collector drones.

it's fun if you have another monitor to watch TV on; I mined in game exclusively for the first 8 months.

here's a good resource: http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Miner

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

Are there any late game ships that are similar to the eagle? I absolutely love it and keep going back to it for bounty hunting. Mine is getting pretty decked out, spent almost 1 mil on this thing and find in the areas I'm currently at I can take on most things with it (bounty hunting in public event area).

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Cobaltshift posted:

Are there any late game ships that are similar to the eagle? I absolutely love it and keep going back to it for bounty hunting. Mine is getting pretty decked out, spent almost 1 mil on this thing and find in the areas I'm currently at I can take on most things with it (bounty hunting in public event area).

The Eagle is the most maneuverable ship in the game, but you can get close. Try going to Felicity Farseer and getting the upgraded engines to make it even more fun if you decide to keep it for a while.

On the same track as the Eagle, the progression would be basically - Imperial Eagle (fastest ship in a straight line), the Imperial Courier (a straight upgrade from the Eagle, class 2 weapons and most modules can transfer), the Vulture (killing machine), and eventually the FDL (a little less maneuverability but a lot more firepower). After that everything is big and bulky and slow moving.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Additionally, if you prefer doing Fed ranks instead of Imps, you can eventually get the Federal Assault Ship. Still very maneuverable and fun to fly. It just needs some rethinking because in opposition to the Imperial ships, it is geared for using armor and armor-related modules. Imp ships are mostly about shields instead. (The Courier for example, is basically a thin box of tissue paper without its strong shields.)

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Also, a note for our new console friends, this fantastic flight stick works on a PS4:

The Thrustmaster HOTAS 4. If you can find it properly in stock somewhere reasonable, it can be as low as like 60-70 bucks. Just in case you guys weren't aware. These things are pretty sweet for the price. They're not the most amazing ones for sale, but they are the most affordable! AND they work on the PS4!

Note that the blue version here is the PS4 one, there's a similar Thrustmaster HOTAS X which is red works on the PS3. Don't get that one for a PS4, you'll probably be sad.

Both of them work on the PC, I've got the red one. It works pretty well, and you can't beat it for the price. Definitely A++++ would buy again.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

oh, one more thing, if you decide to mine- don't pick a RES or known area to mine in. just find a metallic ring and point yourself at it and you can mine pretty much unmolested.

edit: seconding that cheap HOTAS. it works awesome and will help you decide if you actually need a 'good' one or not. i recently noticed that Alfred uses the Thrustmaster Warthog to fly the Batplane remotely.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Dunno if this has been mentioned for the PS4 folks, but learn to know and love

https://eddb.io/ and https://coriolis.edcd.io/

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.
I've not touched Elite for about a year now. Just have the base game because Horizons didn't seem worth more grind at the time.

The OP doesn't seem to be entirely up to date... What's new? Is there anything new in the base game? Horizon has multicrew now? And SHIP NAMING?

I want to name ship.

Also the goids are coming, apparently. Is that going to be a new season? If I buy goids do I get the zons included?

I've got maybe a hundred mil and some big snakes stashed away somewhere, so I'm glad to see an Anaconda is still relevant from the prev page. How's money at? Still a horrible grind? Is an "unengineered" ship completely worthless compared to a zonned one? Is a hundred mil still a good money or have there been new exploits to change that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

HJE-Cobra posted:

Also, a note for our new console friends, this fantastic flight stick works on a PS4:

The Thrustmaster HOTAS 4. If you can find it properly in stock somewhere reasonable, it can be as low as like 60-70 bucks. Just in case you guys weren't aware. These things are pretty sweet for the price. They're not the most amazing ones for sale, but they are the most affordable! AND they work on the PS4!

Note that the blue version here is the PS4 one, there's a similar Thrustmaster HOTAS X which is red works on the PS3. Don't get that one for a PS4, you'll probably be sad.

Both of them work on the PC, I've got the red one. It works pretty well, and you can't beat it for the price. Definitely A++++ would buy again.

:allears:

I know what I'm buying when I get back home in a couple weeks!

• Locked thread