Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

phosdex posted:

I think its more hilarious that people who live far away from Germany spend the money on plane tickets, hotel, and transportation to what is essentially a couple hour power point presentation.

These are people who spend $15,000 for a "completionist package" of ship jpegs which is not even complete! At least with spending money on airfare and hotels they are getting actual services.

TheAgent posted:

especially since the capitol can hold about 2000 people or so

And the prior 2016 venue apparently holds 1500. I really think the number of high spending backers is highly overestimated by people. Which, of course, would mean there is something fishy going on with the tracker.

Mangoose posted:

Backers paying for plane tickets and hotels and poo poo doesn't help development. It's better if they catch the livestream and pledge that money instead.

True, but the good con artist knows that it is a personal touch that is necessary to keep the marks happy and paying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Titanic posted:

I'm not a lady of Star Citizen, but when people suggest you can draw something with a tool, I can assure you the first thing that doesn't pop into my head is "lol penis".

:byodame:

it's in the top 3 though right?

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
ITYOL 2017 I still have no idea what the difference between CIG and RSI is. When I'm talking poo poo to backers which of those entities should I indicate has no loving clue what they're doing besides milking whales for more money?

I also noticed on the Star Citizen Facebook that there was a photo album called Sprout Social which it turns out is some social media delivery platform that our plucky multi-millionaires are using to spread the word.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

XK posted:

Seriously, did anyone ever get metal cards?

Got mine and it works very well for cocaine

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Othin posted:

ITYOL 2017 I still have no idea what the difference between CIG and RSI is.

They're two separate businesses. Also, Chris receives a salary from each one because he works for both.

Deathsquid
Apr 26, 2017

Knowing amazing fidelity of CIG's physics, I'm going to guess that it'll begin jittering, spin up, fly off, and eventually T-pose into the planet.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

spacetoaster posted:

They're two separate businesses. Also, Chris receives a salary from each one because he works for both.

Q Which one makes the game?

A Based on what we have seen, neither

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

There is no way that ladies of sc account isn't ran by a guy hoping to find ladies in sc.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I'm not a lady of Star Citizen, but when people suggest you can draw something with a tool, I can assure you the first thing that doesn't pop into my head is "lol penis".

:byodame:

That's ok fairly sure the ladies of Star Citizen have no ladies actually involved, just the odd voice modulator.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

You can tell this was archered because it uses the icons you find in a water bottle fill station at the airport. They are on the right side of the dispenser.

Edit -- Here is a picture to show what I am talking about :

IncredibleIgloo fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 30, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

This game has been in development for so long with no clear scope or gameplay loops that people are just making poo poo up.

The tears of disappointment are going to flood the internet when the other foot finally drops.

In 2012/13 people backed a space combat game that would allow you to explorer & pirate ships, the pirate game package had a docking ring that would cut through hull of enemy ships. They made a big thing of a capital ship boarding combat too with space combat involving up to 100 ships.

In 2017 it appears boarding is out completely as they can't make two ships dock in cryengine lumberyard, kinda a requirement for boarding.

Also the instance sizes are capped at 24 players and that is sure to drop considering they are already lowering the level of detail distances for all ships, presumably in an attempt to raise the terrible fps.

Also foot combat is terrible as seen by Star Marine.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Accept | Refactor

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Accept | Refactor

Parp | Refund

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
hello, waiter? my drink is only 87% acceptable, please send it back

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

New thread title?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Where does the ice come from anyways?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
THIS DRINK TOOK 57 SECONDS TO MAKE I DONT WANT IT ANYMORE! -Said nobody ever

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If a drink is only 96% good or whatever then what is the other 4%? A little bit of poo poo or something or a pube?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
MISSION FAILED - Too many pubes in drink press <Use> to try again

Deathsquid
Apr 26, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

THIS DRINK TOOK 57 SECONDS TO MAKE I DONT WANT IT ANYMORE! -Said nobody ever

Yeah but like, you're not locomoting through space on a wondrous chariot in Stimperial space. In Stimperial space, space drink regulation committee regulates all space alcohols to be prepared in under 30 seconds or be immediately disposed of. It is the Stimperor's edict and failing to follow it will be punished by the worst kind of hangover that intensifies etc etc you get the idea.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
How do you shake or stir your drink, or is this supposed to be programmed into the machine already?

Deathsquid
Apr 26, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How do you shake or stir your drink, or is this supposed to be programmed into the machine already?

GrabbyHands 2.0

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

You can't fail missions in sc. You are a dude who paid $45 for the base package with no ship so you work on a flight serving drinks. If the 96% drink is not acceptable by a first class passenger player they will yell at you and report to the captain/owner of the ship who might fire you but you just go back to your home planet and mop floors until you get the chance to try again on another airline. During this time you have to eat at home and not spend so much money but you'll be back at it soon.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also, a disturbing lack of crazy straws and umbrella toothpicks. Oh, you wanted lime or lemon slices with your drink? Well, the asshat pilot forgot to RESTOCK the aircraft, and we didn't pay for anyone to bring the supplies on the ship anyways!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Can't wait for the Plants VS Zombies clone to protect my farm from deadly space pests!

Remember when they were pimping out space farms to make space potatoes with your space hoe with space dung fertilizing your space soil in your space greenhouse?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

If a drink is only 96% good or whatever then what is the other 4%? A little bit of poo poo or something or a pube?

Dick Wulf: The Supreme Court Justice of Star Citizen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Can't wait for the Plants VS Zombies clone to protect my farm from deadly space pests!

Remember when they were pimping out space farms to make space potatoes with your space hoe with space dung fertilizing your space soil in your space greenhouse?

speaking of that have they ever done anything more with the science minigames ship or did they just suck a bunch of cash out of backers then abandon it.

didn't moma buy one of those?

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

They haven't done anything with any of their ships except sell them.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

If you bought anything starcitizen after the pets stretch goal you are so stupid lol

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Bets on this weeks progress report? Everything is going smoothly, but things get delayed internally again. Avocados still on track!

Next week- Avocados release window pushed back do to interdependent issues, ptu and normal release still on track!

Week after that - Things delayed further, Avocado still on track for next week! PTU and live released push back

Repeat ad infinitum

^^ Someone who knows about game dev^^

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

i'm really hyped for an apology letter from the chairthumb today, i hope the agent wasn't pulling our leg

:sicknasty:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Othin posted:

Q Which one makes the game?

A Based on what we have seen, neither

CIG is making the game.

RSI (Robert Space Industries ) Is mostly a reference to an "in-game" ship making company.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

big nipples big life posted:

speaking of that have they ever done anything more with the science minigames ship or did they just suck a bunch of cash out of backers then abandon it.

didn't moma buy one of those?
The excitement for minigames was always hilarious. "Hey, you want to pause in your spacegame to play a Newgrounds-level knockoff of Cooking Mama or Bejeweled or Tetris or some poo poo inside the engine?" "OMFG yes! YES!" *maxes out credit card*

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

1500 posted:

CIG is making the game.

RSI (Robert Space Industries ) Is mostly a reference to an "in-game" ship making company.

CIG is the developer, RSI (a subsidiary of CIG) is the publisher.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

TheAgent posted:

13.3gb of texture memory at peak running through a barren planet on a barely there spacebike

lol
That's because just over the horizon there is a city populated by thousands of highly varied NPCs going through unique daily schedules and hundreds of AI ships coming and going and loading crates fidelitously into their cargo bays.

This is CIG's ingenious way of showing backers that the game is almost done while avoiding spoilers.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Reminder: this is the dipshit who once said he wanted to beat the poo poo out of Derek using his "Maui Thai" training.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

big nipples big life posted:

i'm really hyped for an apology letter from the chairthumb today, i hope the agent wasn't pulling our leg

:sicknasty:

That's the fun thing about Derek's pissing match with CIG. Whenever he says CIG will do something they have to do the opposite or it gives him credibility. If he says Austin studio is shutting down, we have to keep it open with a skeleton crew. He says Star Marine is dead, we have to cobble together an arena deathmatch game from our lovely assets. He says Chris is going to issue an apology letter, we have to say everything is running smoothly and let the backers get pissed when everything is delayed again.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Beet Wagon posted:

Reminder: this is the dipshit who once said he wanted to beat the poo poo out of Derek using his "Maui Thai" training.

Perhaps he just wanted to challenge him to Mai Thai. A friendly dink mixing game using the MixMaster 3000aD...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

He could not type as he was blinded by RAGE at a game developer saying bad things about "insert game name here"