Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gabranth is an interesting hybrid tank, he has innate draw attacks as well as a 4 turn taunt which he can recast next turn to gain massive defense. He doesn't have passive cover though, so he has to keep his active cover up or else he gets flatten.

Basch seems to be a straight up upgrade to WoL. Very similar in composition but has access to stronger single target breaks as well as his aoes as well as the capability to aoe physical and magical damage through casted abilities. Also a very powerful def/spr buff to party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, I'm gonna keep Trance Terra up as my shared unit for a while, I guess.

This influx of new units from all the pulls and awakenings (WoL, Garland, Reberta, Rikku) is making me reconsider my team composition. Input is appreciated.

My Arena/Magic team is;

Trance Terra (Dualcast Ultima)
Dark Fina (Dualcast Ultima)
Rem (Siphon Delta)
Ling (Dance of Death/Life and breaks)
Fohlen (Vortex and tanking)

Most of my Arena battles are over in one turn, two if there is someone particularly tanky on the other team.

My Physical/Event team is:

Orlandeu (941 ATK)
Fohlen (Tanking)
WoL (replaced Ling just now, will see how this goes)
Minfilia (or Marie, depending on situation)
Tillith (guess what for)

Currently unused units I could swap in:

Awakened Ace
Reberta
Rikku
Randi
Firion (needs more TMRs though)
Mercedes
Chizuru I guess.
Lighting (lol)
Kelsus
(Other units)

Reberta and Fohlen share chaining frames, so they will be great once I figure out exactly how to do them with the training dummy. Can Orlandeu cap? Would Kelsus be good at capping in a party with Rikku? Should I remove Fohlen for Ace? Fohlen's enough of an Arena tank annoyance as it is, I think, his job is to get in the way while the casters cast.

Maybe get rid of the green mages for Reberta and try to overwhelm with Fohlen chains? I dunno, Orlandeu is pretty good for chains with all the other friend unit Orlandeus also, I don't want to bench him.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Daily showed up as gold, then turned into rainbow.
I can never complain about lovely rolls again.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Scrublord Prime posted:

Technically I'm T. Terra but it feels like I'm usually an event-specific unit. Right now I'm Setzer for fixed damage to help people kill Spheremorph. My T. Terra is 831 MAG atm but I've always got more TMRs baking for her (Magistral Crest and a 3rd L&A, then it's Magic Amplifier, Rainbow Robe, and Matty's Malice).

You don't really need fixed damage to kill Spherimorph, just don't use elemental weapons. First time I didn't know what I was up against, second time I went in with Tidus not using an elemental weapon and he destroyed it along with Olive(using Romandan PIstol) and a friend Trance Terra.

Scrublord Prime posted:

It'd be great if there was another BiS hat for casters that wasn't from an event 8 months ago too! (although the Cat Ears aren't a bad alternative to people who missed the Spooky Mask)

One of these days I'll get around to grinding out at least 1 Cat Hat with my 3 Black Cat Lids. Maybe I'll even do it before the Halloween event rolls around again!

Dana Crysalis posted:

All you people suddenly putting up and/or offering to put up T.Terras, thank you. She actually is legitimately a good chainer, and non-elemental magic damage to boot. It's just that physical is SO MUCH BETTER right now. Bleh. Hopefully she gets her enhancements sooner rather than later, that will make her honestly equal to the Orlandus of the world.

:hfive:

Best Break list
ATK = Fryevia (Ice Age: -50% ATK, AOE, 3 turns)
DEF = Delita (Shield Break +2: -65% DEF, ST, 5 turns)
SPR = Delita (Helm Break +2: - 65% SPR, ST, 5 turns)
MAG = Zyrus (Blood Curse: - 50% MAG, ST, 3 Turns)

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

MohShuvuu posted:

Daily showed up as gold, then turned into rainbow.
I can never complain about lovely rolls again.

Does this mean I never get to see your Gilgamesh again? I always smiled when I saw the often lone Gilgamesh in my friend units :unsmith:

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
How do you guys grind unit EXP outside of getting metal cactuars whenever an event that forks them up rolls in?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

You don't really need fixed damage to kill Spherimorph, just don't use elemental weapons. First time I didn't know what I was up against, second time I went in with Tidus not using an elemental weapon and he destroyed it along with Olive(using Romandan PIstol) and a friend Trance Terra.

Well that's good to know, I haven't done Macalania Woods at all yet. Sounds like it's time to bring Trance Terra back in then!

Office Thug posted:

How do you guys grind unit EXP outside of getting metal cactuars whenever an event that forks them up rolls in?

The lazy / time-quick way is to run the EXP Vortex with just the unit you want to level and a friend unit to actually clear it (mind that was back in the days of max 5* characters, I'd imagine most characters you're leveling could just clear it with espers and gear alone). Since EXP is split you don't want max level or trash units soaking EXP.

The more time-intensive way is to do the same leveling character and friend and do explorations. iirc Timer Tracks is good for this and the boss isn't too hard. Check Best Places to Farm for more details and exp:energy ratios.

e2: Also check the exploration page's "Unit EXP Guide" to see where to farm for random encounters and when you can move on (tracks gil collected so you don't have to count the encounters themselves).

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 30, 2017

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
i rolled 13 golds on the ffx banner till i got rikku. shoot me

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
For an example of what a whale can do with a Trance Terra:

That is one cast of Alterna, no chain boost, and Minfilia's Call to Magic subbing in for T.Terra's own Magical Activation (both give 100% MAG)

Gear:

Trance Terra 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Fryevia's Needle +92ATK+112MAG
Left Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG
Body: Rainbow Robe +45DEF/MAG/SPR+30%All element except Dark
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 1: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 2: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 3: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 4: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 34 SPR: 26
Esper: Ramuh HP:3170 MP:6280 ATK:1770 DEF:1225 MAG:6035 SPR:4595
Total Stats: HP: 4223 MP: 404 ATK: 294 DEF: 218 MAG: 1060 SPR: 327

e: With chain it was near 3 million, supposedly.
double edit:

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 30, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also because of how magic works it takes into account both of your weapons at the same time, while with physical they are calculated individually per attack.

But after enhancements she wont really use alterna anymore. Chaos Wave spamming with a friend is SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL. Perfect chained CW hits harder than even double elemental chain piledrivers and their windows is far more forgiving than that. Its also non elemental which is less likely to gently caress you over, its aoe and enemies USUALLY have less SPR than DEF meaning it hits harder per se.

Big weakness is still not being able to exploit killer effects, but we already got a rod with 75% extra damage to dragons on global, hopefully they add more poo poo like that.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also because of how magic works it takes into account both of your weapons at the same time, while with physical they are calculated individually per attack.

But after enhancements she wont really use alterna anymore. Chaos Wave spamming with a friend is SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL. Perfect chained CW hits harder than even double elemental chain piledrivers and their windows is far more forgiving than that. Its also non elemental which is less likely to gently caress you over, its aoe and enemies USUALLY have less SPR than DEF meaning it hits harder per se.

Big weakness is still not being able to exploit killer effects, but we already got a rod with 75% extra damage to dragons on global, hopefully they add more poo poo like that.

Also, unlike JP, Letters and Arms stacks. So our swordmages are EASILY able to cap out at 300% MAG, and have plenty left over to focus on not dying things. Especially when T.Terra gets like 20% HP and 50% more MAG from enhancements.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

AegisP posted:

Does this mean I never get to see your Gilgamesh again? I always smiled when I saw the often lone Gilgamesh in my friend units :unsmith:

I don't have enough cactuars to level Tidus, so Gilgamesh will be up for a while :)

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

AegisP posted:

I would say add me but I'll probably be using Olive this time next month instead of old Greg. He's carried me pretty hard to where I am now, though so he'll always have a special place on the bench.

I have a question for the thread.

I'm trying to decide my team comp and I don't know enough about the mechanics of the fights to know where I should focus my efforts.

Currently looking at: WoL/Y'shtola/Olive/x/x

I have double Setzer so obviously double chaining into true shots can be tons of damage. But I'm just wondering if Rikku or Minifilia plus... probably Elza(?) is a better route to take. Obviously I'd probably be able to throw out some nice LBs decently often with that team. Is that better than trying to chain Setzers?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ugato posted:

I would say add me but I'll probably be using Olive this time next month instead of old Greg. He's carried me pretty hard to where I am now, though so he'll always have a special place on the bench.

I'm trying to decide my team comp and I don't know enough about the mechanics of the fights to know where I should focus my efforts.

I have double Setzer so obviously double chaining into true shots can be tons of damage. But I'm just wondering if Rikku or Minifilia plus... probably Elza(?) is a better route to take. Obviously I'd probably be able to throw out some nice LBs decently often with that team. Is that better than trying to chain Setzers?

I would personally say RIkku and Elza, pure survivability. if you have any 5* chainer, though, use Rikku and that unit, and then pair up with a friend's same unit for chaining into True Shot.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

poo poo, I decided to log into an amazon device so I could use some coins to buy lapis and I triggered Facebook's account suspension. Looks like I'm going to be sweating it out while I contact Gumi's support to see if they'll help me. I had attached my account to a dummy facebook page that had me as the only friend so it looks like I'm hosed for now. Wish my luck getting my account back.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Ratmtattat posted:

poo poo, I decided to log into an amazon device so I could use some coins to buy lapis and I triggered Facebook's account suspension. Looks like I'm going to be sweating it out while I contact Gumi's support to see if they'll help me. I had attached my account to a dummy facebook page that had me as the only friend so it looks like I'm hosed for now. Wish my luck getting my account back.

Just upload a real picture or whatever Facebook asks and you'll get it back. Gumi can't fix that.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Basically these are my options:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

Basically these are my options:

Double Setzer chaining, with Olive finishing and Y'shtola healing will be the core group you'll use. Send WoL along most of the time to break DEF/SPR or ATK/MAG first in a hard fight. Look for Tidus friends as from the looks of his chain attack it should mesh well with Setzer's but his role most of the time is going to be to buff the party with "Get Pumped!" before he joins you chaining.

Next month Gilgamesh should get his enhancements and can replace one of the Setzers. I think his attack will be about the same chain timing.

You can look over the data here to see who can easily chain with who. The number you're really looking for is that they have the same first number. The third number tells you the delay between when you press the button and when the first hit lands. Dual wield has a delay of 40 frames between the first hit of the attack and when the first hit of the second attack begins. That's probably more helpful to know for units with different frames.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 30, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Ugato posted:

i would say chain with olive to finish and swap in rikku for support on trickier fights, then use friend unit to fill any gaps / chaining

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I'm hoping someone can help me out with my problem. Ever since the new update I am unable to connect to the game through wifi. Only through using my data (which really sucks)

Things I've tried:

Restart phone
re-install app
changing DNS servers

Is there anything else I could try?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

I'm hoping someone can help me out with my problem. Ever since the new update I am unable to connect to the game through wifi. Only through using my data (which really sucks)

Things I've tried:

Restart phone
re-install app
changing DNS servers

Is there anything else I could try?

It's a known issue. I think Gumi posted about it on FB.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Someone was working on a list of all the evasion gear/materia. Does anyone have that handy?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

It's a known issue. I think Gumi posted about it on FB.

Oh that's good to know. Was wondering if my service provider did something on my end. I've been searching for solutions, but the only posts I found were months old. Thanks for letting me know. Guess I'll just wait for Gumi to fix their poo poo.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CyberLord XP posted:

Someone was working on a list of all the evasion gear/materia. Does anyone have that handy?

I don't have the list, but I can probably off the top of my head give it to you, let's see.

Kiyomori: 10% Evade , ATK+79 (Katana)
Swordbreaker: 5% Evade, ATK+43 (Dagger)
Assassin's Vest: 10% Evade, DEF+40, SPR+20, Null Paralyze/Poison (Clothes)
Vampire Cloak: 10% Evade, DEF+20, MAG+30, SPR+30 (Clothes)

Ring of the Lucii: 25% Evade, lotsa other stuff
Twenty-Sided Die: 20% Evade, 20% Crit Chance, does not stack
Lucky Bangles: 10% Evade / 10% Magic Evade
Moogle Cape: 10% Magic Evade, DEF+6, SPR+6, 5% HP, some bonus for Moogle who cares

Quick Assault: 10% Evade, 30% ATK
Evade: 10% Evade
First Strike: 5% Evade, 20% counter
Miracle Step: 5% Evade, 20% MP, 10% MAG/SPR
Speed Plus: 5% Evade

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

Oh that's good to know. Was wondering if my service provider did something on my end. I've been searching for solutions, but the only posts I found were months old. Thanks for letting me know. Guess I'll just wait for Gumi to fix their poo poo.

I found this posted on reddit today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6kfcvj/connecting_through_wifi_is_still_an_issue/

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Adding this section to the OP, let me know if it needs anything.

I got two of the same chainers but I can't hit 20+ chains, what's the deal?
Each unit has a different frame delay between when you hit the button and when they launch into their attack. Each attack also has a set number of frames between each hit. This is regardless of animation preferences so don't worry if you turned on/off the animations. Most units have a consistent number of frames between each hit, but some have differing numbers of frames which make them difficult to chain, even if the attack itself has a large number of hits. Sometimes this just occurs at the end of an attack, like in the case of Tidus, but other times it can alternate throughout the animation; as in the case of Fryevia.

If you are using two units that are the same, and each is using the same skill, then you just need to press the buttons as fast as you possibly can. In the example linked above, 2 Setzers using 'Red card', to perfectly chain like they do, need to be pressed within 3 FRAMES(not seconds) of each other. Each unit also has a delay between when you activate them and when the first hit lands. You'll want to keep track of that because then you can figure out how long before you'll need to activate your finisher.

To use units with different abilities, you need to look at how many frames are between each hit of that ability. I'm listing some common abilities that you'll see people chaining with and the timings. If you're not sure about a new unit's chain data, ask in the thread.

Here are some popular abilites and their frame data

• Units with consistent frames between hits

Setzer - Red Card: 42-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

Setzer - Prismatic Flash: 42-5-5-5-5-5-5
    Amelia - Disorder: 42-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
    Chizuru - Phantom Shadow: 22-5-5-5-5

Ace - Tri Laser Beam +2: 64-7-7-7-7-7-7

Reberta - Mystic Thrust: 42-10-10-10-10-10-10
    Fohlen - Sonic Blast: 42-10-10-10-10-10-10

Aileen - Piledriver: 2-15-15-15-15 (before enhancements)

Rikku - Burning Soul: 40-25-25-25-25-25-25-25-25

• Units with inconsistent frames between hits

Orlandeau - Divine Ruination: 70-7-5-7-7-7-7
    Fryevia - Frost Flower Blitz: 40-7-5-7-7-7-7
    Veritas of the Dark - Dark Punishment(?): 70-7-5-7-7-7-7

Yun raging bird : Raging bird - 38-3-4-2-4-3-2-3-2.

Edgar/Cupid Luna - Chainsaw: 42-8-8-8-8-8-16

Rikku - Winter Storm: 40-13-14-13-14-13-14-13-16

Tidus - Quick Hit: 22-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-20

Gilgamesh - Tri Attack +2: 40-4-6-4-6-4-4-6-4-6-4-6-4
Data mostly taken from this thread on Reddit

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Evade post, stolen from Payback Jack and others from the last thread:

quote:

DODGE MEGAPOST
Or how I built a ridiculously annoying arena unit.

Sidenote: Currently there isn't much in the way of units/items with magic evade so this is just focusing on physical evade.

Weapons
Kiyomori + 10% Physical Evade
Swordbreaker +5% Physical Evade

Armor
Assassin's Vest + 10% Physical Evade
Stylish Black Dress (Dangerous Ariana only) + 10% Physical Evade
Vampire Cloak + 10% Physical Evade

Accessories
Twenty-Sided Die +20% Physical Evade (does not stack with itself)
Ring of the Lucii +25% Physical Evade

Ability Materia
Quick Assault +10% Physical Evade
Evade (Cyan's TM) +10% Physical Evade
First Strike +5% Physical Evade
Speed Plus +5% Physical Evade
Miracle Step +5% Physical Evade
Spirit of Freedom +10% Physical Evade (supposedly doesn't stack with itself)

Units with innate physical evade
Ling (40%)
Chizuru (20% base, can be enhanced to 40%)
Trance Terra (30%)
Lightning (30%)
Noctis (20%)
Xon (20%)
Freyvia (20% Magic AND Phys)
Kefka (20%)
Thancred (20%)
Yda (20%)
Randi (15%)
Lawrence (10%)
Setzer (10%)
Shiki (10%)
Shine (10%)

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

e:
Doesn't include the new stuff like the new Mog Cape (+10% magic evade) or Lucky Bangles (+10% physical and magic evade) though. The wiki needs a page for this stuff.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Tidus also needs to be added to that list with 30% natural evade.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

AegisP posted:

Rikku also has 20%

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Trying to build a plan for Tidus:

Tidus 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Save the Queen +112ATK
Left Hand: Brotherhood +135ATK+Water Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Dark Knight's Soul +30%ATKw/Sword +20%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Ability 3: Large Sword Mastery +50% ATK w/ Great Sword
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200
Total Stats: HP: 6619 MP: 319 ATK: 920 DEF: 278 MAG: 171 SPR: 201

any thoughts?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is there a good way for me to use Fohlen and Noctis together? I feel like I want to use one or the other, since I can't really take advantage of wind-elemental chaining with Noctis. Or does it matter if my finisher doesn't match? Or should I be replacing Fohlen with Noctis and relying on Reberta's Breaths to get my elemental debuffs?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I hit that 10+1 one time summon and got these:

Fohlen and Xon are the two 6 star capable, Garnet is new to me too. Any of them good or did I get stiffed (notice Fran snuck in there yet again)? I remember people in the thread talking about Xon, prioritize him?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Fohlen is pretty good as a chainer, akin to a Orlandeau that requires a bit more setup. He also requires less specific equipment to shine. Xon's a really useful thief and can help you get rare materials easily. I just used mine this afternoon to speed up some Litrock farming, since he has an AoE mug ability.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ghostnuke posted:

Trying to build a plan for Tidus:

Tidus 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Save the Queen +112ATK
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Dark Knight's Soul +30%ATKw/Sword +20%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Ability 3: Large Sword Mastery +50% ATK w/ Great Sword
Total Stats: HP: 6619 MP: 319 ATK: 920 DEF: 278 MAG: 171 SPR: 201

any thoughts?

Food for thought:

Tidus 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Aqua Blade +90ATK+DualWield w/Sword+Water
Ability 1: Dark Knight's Soul +30%ATKw/Sword +20%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Total Stats: HP: 6619 MP: 319 ATK: 916 DEF: 278 MAG: 171 SPR: 201

-4 ATK, +20% Evade, and you could use StQ, dual wield and Greatsword Mastery on someone else.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 30, 2017

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

PaybackJack posted:

Food for thought:

Tidus 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Aqua Blade +90ATK+DualWield w/Sword+Water
Ability 1: Dark Knight's Soul +30%ATKw/Sword +20%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Total Stats: HP: 6619 MP: 319 ATK: 916 DEF: 278 MAG: 171 SPR: 201

-4 ATK, +20% Evade, and you could use StQ, dual wield and Greatsword Mastery on someone else.

Solid plan, but was trying to use things I have/can TM. Didn't get a camille.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I added the dodge post to my first page post here with the latest stuff. I'll try to keep it updated and yell at me if I missed anything or am not keeping it up to date.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Echophonic posted:

Fohlen is pretty good as a chainer, akin to a Orlandeau that requires a bit more setup. He also requires less specific equipment to shine. Xon's a really useful thief and can help you get rare materials easily. I just used mine this afternoon to speed up some Litrock farming, since he has an AoE mug ability.

Thanks. I don't have Orlandeau and AoE thief sounds handy. Fohlen's TMR looks nice too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ratzap posted:

I hit that 10+1 one time summon and got these:

Fohlen and Xon are the two 6 star capable, Garnet is new to me too. Any of them good or did I get stiffed (notice Fran snuck in there yet again)? I remember people in the thread talking about Xon, prioritize him?

Fohlen chains perfectly with Reberta as well as with dupes of himself.

He's also got 30% physical Evade, and has a 20% chance of Wind debuff upon being hit. His Sonic Blast (the chaining move, 2x Wind damage with 50% ignore DEF) provides 3 guaranteed Evades of physical attacks (if you dual wield with him you get 6!) in addition to the one free Evade he starts each combat with. You may want to use his Vortex move before to debuff even more (maybe use one of Reberta's charge up moves if you're gonna chain with her instead of another Fohlen.)

Fohlen is A Great Character.

AegisP posted:

And Fohlen! 30% physical Evade, there.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ghostnuke posted:

Solid plan, but was trying to use things I have/can TM. Didn't get a camille.

Couldn't remember if you were the guy asking about Aqua Blade earlier and was too lazy to go look.

Scrublord Prime posted:

I added the dodge post to my first page post here with the latest stuff. I'll try to keep it updated and yell at me if I missed anything or am not keeping it up to date.

Nice job! I'll toss a link to the post in the Important Links section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Big weakness is that non-elemental means you aren't hitting the chain damage cap quickly (if at all) unlike the melee chainers.

• Locked thread