Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

john f kennedy would definitely be gender swapped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Quote is not edit.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rider Teddy Rosevelt would be the one to get genderswaped.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Ronald Reagan. A cowboy who shoots nuclear missiles from space. Call it The Star Wars Program.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
"Archer" Lyudmila Pavlychenko might be cool. Or not. Probably would be very hard to level.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Stairmaster posted:

john f kennedy would definitely be gender swapped

Archer, Noble Phantasm "Magic Bullet"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ruler Donald Trump.

Noble Phantasm: SAD!

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Assassin Lee Harvey Oswald who is actually turns out to be Two different servants. One of which is a lady I guess.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

OneDeadman posted:

Assassin Lee Harvey Oswald who is actually turns out to be Two different servants. One of which is a lady I guess.

I think you mean that one is a lady and the other is a little girl.

Also, I'm doing some interludes and St. George being obsessed with cameras for being "a relic that instantly paints pictures" amuses me more than it should.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Shakespeare is an amazing dick in his interlude, it's great.

Archer Tupac.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Question. Which CE gives Arash the biggest NP damage boost: Demonic Bodhissatva, or Black Grail?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

If these guys don't learn to start looking around or posting a watch while they converse i swear to god...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

Question. Which CE gives Arash the biggest NP damage boost: Demonic Bodhissatva, or Black Grail?
Demonic Bodhissatva. It's a 200-400% damage increase, depending on if you've done his interlude.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

a kitten posted:

If these guys don't learn to start looking around or posting a watch while they converse i swear to god...

Give up now.

Orleans and Septum are full of useless fights, from a gameplay and story perspective. Three waves of 1500 HP skeletons/soldiers who do 300 damage a hit? I know they wrote those chapters before the guaranteed 4* tutorial Servant, but even a team of 3* won't have any trouble with those.

And they're not even a speedbump to Heracles :black101:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I will be happy if I never see another loving wyvern again, that's for sure.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

After his Interlude I really want to use Shakespeare now. He's so over-the-top.

Being able to read the text is so great you guys.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I was wondering actually, how late was Tamamo's gacha added? Mostly saving up for her and JAlter atm.

Edit: wait, that was listed a few pages ago. Sorry about redundancy.

Tamamo was initially obtainable (and rated-up) during the first Halloween event, but was removed from the gacha again afterwards. She was permanently added to the normal gacha when the London story chapter was added two months later. So the answer is "it depends." If they keep to the schedule of when Servants are permanently added, you'll have until the release of London, which was roughly 5 months after launch, to save up - or until Halloween if you want to acquire her early.

I'm not sure just how much they'll be accurately following that schedule though, especially given F/GO launched here a month earlier than the initial release. JAlter on the other hand you'll be able to save up for a very long time (bar an extremely early release for her).

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

I keep forgetting to review this mostly because they don't have an index so I can check the rest out.

Anyways, wrt Lily: Her NP heals everyone, not just herself, and for a surprisingly useful amount. Her NP charge skill affects everyone, so she can help others charge faster. Once she finally gets her NP5 from Saber Wars she does respectable damage thanks to a higher-than-average multiplier and the fact she's NP5. (This last one applies to all freebies)

wrt Atalanta: Her NP can easily generate 30-50 (or even more) stars. She's great for setting up Buster critmemes, although admittedly it's not quite relevant with the release day set of servants.

Dr Pepper posted:

Man why do Rulers cost literally three times the amount of materials to ascend.

Like, OK, a mix of different class tokens, that's fine. But it's the same number of each token. I can ascend three Servants.

They're costlier in early game when every resource matters, but then much cheaper in midgame when you have a million pieces to spare but need a billion non-piece mats and then levels out in late game when you have a good stock of both so it doesn't really matter.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 2, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Got a Kaleidoscope in a 10 pull today. :dance:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, why not "enemies does less damages to your servants."? It reads like they accidentally copied the attack down tip.
That's actually correct because Defense Up is mechanically identical to Attack Down. :v:

(Also, there's other "less damage" skills, just as Waver's, which don't use Def Up but rather use Damage Cut, which is a flat subtraction at the very end of the calculation.)

Vengarr posted:

They'll let anyone be a Heroic Spirit these days.

But for real, how do you become a Heroic Spirit without a legend/myth? I thought you had to do more than simply perform great deeds, you had to somehow exceed human limits.

So George Washington could skate by because he cut down a cherry tree once.
You just need to be cool enough to merit enough people saying "man that guy was cool".
Also, Nasu history means he really could have been a vampire hunter.

Vengarr posted:

Archer, Noble Phantasm "Magic Bullet"
Too bad they already used Der Freischütz 'cause it's pretty much perfect for a Kennedy-based story. :v:

Freak Futanari posted:

Black Grail deffo.

Endorph posted:

Demonic Bodhissatva. It's a 200-400% damage increase, depending on if you've done his interlude.
The jump from 1000%/1200% to 1100%/1400% multiplier is just a 10%/16% increase, respectively. Meanwhile Black Grail is straight up 60%/80% more NP power. You gotta compare buffed damage to unbuffed, not just use the raw numbers, 'cause diminishing returns.
One more overcharge level looks enticing but then you look closer and realize that it's not actually particularly good, 'cause it only works once and almost any other CE provides better buffs to damage overcharges.

Vengarr posted:

Give up now.

Orleans and Septum are full of useless fights, from a gameplay and story perspective. Three waves of 1500 HP skeletons/soldiers who do 300 damage a hit? I know they wrote those chapters before the guaranteed 4* tutorial Servant, but even a team of 3* won't have any trouble with those.

And they're not even a speedbump to Heracles :black101:
I'm not sure what it says of the industry and/or the userbase that they really honestly though people wouldn't have the attention span to care about the story without constant fights.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 2, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Got a Kaleidoscope in a 10 pull today. :dance:

I got Atalanta and Arturia :neckbeard:

...Unfortunately it wasn't the A-named saber I was looking for, but that's what rate up events and quartz hoarding are for.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kyte posted:

You just need to be cool enough to merit enough people saying "man that guy was cool".

Hans Christian Anderson

e: Nursery Rhyme

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

So I have a horrible obsession with rerolling games but haven't gotten anywhere with it, but I did get a few accounts which I will give the codes for after someone tells me which would be best to go with, now that I'm giving up and actually playing the game.

Tamago Cat, 5* Enhance
Heracles, 4* Enhance (only this one has been past Fuyuki)
Emiya, 4* Enhance
Marie, Heracles, 4* Enhance
Siegfried, Emiya, 5* Enhance
Siegfriend, Camilla, Heracles, 4* Enhance

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Never give up until you get a 5* Servant

and/or a waifu/husbando

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Moriarty killed Kennedy

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Abraham Lincoln is the reason there are no Dead Apostle Ancestors in the F/GO world. I like it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Double Jeanne is slow as hell, but I ain't dying anytime soon so there's that.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sakura CE was a mistake.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 2, 2017

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there a particular 'go to' CE for Salter? I've been using Heaven's Feel to make her NP clear hands faster but dunno if there's a particular one I should keep my eye on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyte posted:

but then you look closer and realize that it's not actually particularly good, 'cause it only works once
i dont think this is a problem when it comes to arash

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there a particular 'go to' CE for Salter? I've been using Heaven's Feel to make her NP clear hands faster but dunno if there's a particular one I should keep my eye on.
it won't be a while yet, but first sunrise is my go to for all the artoria skillset servants

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
finally got enough exps to ascend my Vlad, feels good even though the Def Up skill doesn't seem all that useful? unless its a high % at high skill lvls or something

nvm i see it eventually gets upgraded when we get his interlude

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
I've been using other people's Jeannes and sometimes her NP gauge doesn't fill up at all? I checked and she had a kaleidoscope but it stays at 0% even doing an arts combo, it's lost me a lot of fights so far

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

cyxx posted:

I've been using other people's Jeannes and sometimes her NP gauge doesn't fill up at all? I checked and she had a kaleidoscope but it stays at 0% even doing an arts combo, it's lost me a lot of fights so far

Only friended Supports can gain NP.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Support Servants can only use their NPs if they're from someone on your friend's list. If you borrow one from a random, the gauge is locked at 0%.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Oh whoops, that explains that. It always seemed random to me. Oh well, now that I know that I shouldn't lose any easy fights anymore! Hopefully

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
So much for the goddamn Summon Tickets regenerating :argh:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm going to guess it's gonna start refreshing in August, giving us a 5-week month for our first month.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Shout out to the lv60 Vlad on my friends list that's carrying me through content right now. Between Jeanne and Mash I do 0 damage without a friend but there's no shortage of Hercs at least

Edit: Is the gem daily super hard to complete or is it just me? I've been running the green dungeon all day and nothing.

Virtue fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 2, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
thanks friend gacha for enough cu chus in a single 10 pull to max the NP of the one i had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lesson learned, level 40 Emiya and caster are fragile as glass that go down fast in the 40 AP quest