Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Confusing a few things, his aoe breaks are the same as WoLs, they last 3 turns and same % reduction. He has individual breaks that are 50% that last 5 turns. The question is, would you break just a single stat over both of them given the sort of mixed damage bosses are pumping out now days. In certain occasions sure and that clearly makes him a better breaker than WoL by virtue of having the option.

His cover isn't 100%, is the same rate as WoLs and other top tier tanks. What IS different is that he can switch between both aoe tanking stances, which again makes him superior to WoL, who can only aoe tank physical. What he does lack is an analogue to Hope and he doesn't have a taunt/provoke.

e-Oh saw your edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Varance posted:

JP Update:

Basch is now the top tank in JP meta. He has 100% Physical and Magical cover abilities that also reduce incoming damage by 60% (but only one type can be active at any time). Add in a 70% DEF/SPR party buff, 50% 5 turn singletarget breaks with a 300% damage multiplier, 45% 5 turn AoE breaks and self-healing. His TM is the best shield in the game, by far. 60 DEF, 70 SPR, 20% dodge and 50% Lightning resist. Bonus points: His tanking abilities stack with those of Warrior of Light (phys) or Mistair (magic) which can be used to create an impenetrable wall for your party.

Gabranth is also a really good tank, in the offensive direction. Dual wielding him with swords and daggers increases his defense, plus he has a nasty 500% damage counter. Other highlights include a 100% provoke that reduces damage taken by 30%, a 40% 3 turn partywide damage reduction buff (stacks with Sakura/Crowe/9S's mitigation), an ability combo that has a 100% chance to stick every enemy with every status effect in the book and a 450% AoE phys attack that inflicts a 50% fire imperil. Arena nightmare. Trust is a sword with 135 ATK and a Defense +50% passive.

Vayne has a 25% singletarget damage mitigation abilities that stack with other tanking mitigation, plus a special 50% version usable after LB. His limit break reduces enemy attack and magic by 90% (yes, ninety). Combine with Basch, WoL or Mistair for best results. Otherwise, he falls into that weird physical/mage/support/debuff hybrid category, with Dualcast Holy/Thundaga/Firaga, Dispelga, a 45% ATK/MAG buff that increases burst fill rate, a 45% DEF/SPR buff that adds regen and an 810% holy attack that inflicts light imperil, usable after casting that damage mitigation buff I mentioned above. Trust is a materia with +20% HP and +15% ATK/MAG.

Drace... who saw her coming? She's a chain caster with a drinking problem (Ilias's chemist ability kit) that removes status debuffs from your party while attacking with her chain ability. Her spell kit includes Firaga, Thundaga, Bizzaga and Curaja (more of an AoE backup, you'll be using her chaining ability as primary damage). Also of note: she's able to serve as a mana battery in a pinch and can remove stop without cleansing other status effects, which comes in handy on certain upcoming trial fights. Trust is an 80 ATK 100 MAG +10% MP sword, which Fryevia users should already be foaming at the mouth for.
I suddenly understand why Wilhelm got the global exclusive buffs he did. Considering what he'll eventually be competing with...yeesh.
The on-demand non-LB damage mitigation abilities are crazy.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Skyridge posted:

I dare someone to get an 11 pull worse than this.

I count 5 usable TMs, so yeah it could be worse.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm really glad this game keeps up a steady stream of events and story content because I'm still fairly invested in it. Meanwhile I am getting super burnt out on Fire Emblem: Heroes because the PVP in that game is just not fun at all anymore and the PVE events are almost completely identical.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Skyridge posted:

I dare someone to get an 11 pull worse than this.

Rerolling I've seen a ton of one 4*/the rest 3*s pulls. I've even had several where all the Tidus ticket pulls and the Daily were 3*s.

Somewhere out there some poor clueless sap is starting out with one 4* and 16 3*s.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Stop giving me Rikkus gumi. I have plenty. After being trolled by getting Queen last week I deserve a good 5*.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Varance posted:

JP Update:

Basch (5*/6*) is now the top tank in JP meta. He has 100% Physical and Magical cover abilities that also reduce incoming damage by 60% (but only one type can be active at any time).

They're 75% AoEs Covers according to the reddit wiki. They're essentially post-Enhancement WoL Cover, except Basch gets one for Magic in addition to the Physical one.

I want his loving shield TMR though, goddamn.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 1, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PaybackJack posted:

I count 5 usable TMs, so yeah it could be worse.

yeah, plus that's actually a pretty all right mage! i am very much tired of pulling soleils although her tm is not entirely awful

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So June wasn't bad to me, thanks in part to the Anniversary starting right at the end.

Total (Non-Special) Pulls: 44
Half-Price: 6
Ticket: 37
500 Lapis: 1 (I hit it instead of Ticket, because I wasn't paying attention)

Rainbow: 1
Rem

Gold: 7
Hope
Shine #1 & 2
Sozhe #2
Vanille #6 & 7
Zyrus

Blue: 36
Abel
Arc #3
Celes #4 & 5
Charlotte #7
Cinque #4
Eight #2
Freya #4
Gilbert #1, 2, & 3
Guy #3, 4, & 5
Heltich
Ingus #4
Jean #5 & 6
Kuja #6
Lenna #3
Leo #2
Locke #4
Luna #11
Medius #4
Miyuki #5
Russell #?? (Seriously, who counts him? Other than PaybackJack...)
Sabin #10
Shadow #6
Shantotto #13 & 14
Summer Lid
Tellah #6
Wakka
Xiao #5, 6, & 7

I also got Kelsus from his banner, and my free 10+1 Ticket gave me:
Rainbow: Marie
Gold: Gaffgarion #4, Luka #4, and Rikku
Blue: Bartz #5, Eight #3, Elle #5, Golbez #7, Kain #8, Leo #3, and Maria #6

The Free Aniversary Daily Pull was the last two days of June, and gave me Garland #6 (Blue) and Sozhe #3 (Gold).

Here's hoping July will be just as good! (It won't be. I was too lucky in June)

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

yeah, plus that's actually a pretty all right mage! i am very much tired of pulling soleils although her tm is not entirely awful

I should have specified I already have at least 5 of everything on that screen except Soleil.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Do we have any ideas on what banners are coming up? Am up to another 5k, so am debating whether to blow it on the ffx banner, or wait for an upcoming one. I know people have said we should get the Veritas of the Dark banner in July.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kheldarn posted:

Russell #?? (Seriously, who counts him? Other than PaybackJack...)

I'm only 3 away from my Bladeblitz!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Do we have any ideas on what banners are coming up? Am up to another 5k, so am debating whether to blow it on the ffx banner, or wait for an upcoming one. I know people have said we should get the Veritas of the Dark banner in July.

Dark Veritas banner is probably August. July should be FF12 banner. and the Lunera banner. We should also see another Raid for FF11 with a banner for that. The FF11 banner is notable in that the 4* unit has a TM that's practically screaming to be used by Rikku(Accessory: +3 DEF/SPR, +50% LB Fill Rate, Recover 5% MP per Turn).

Banners coming up per the wiki(as they were released in Japan):

Balthier 5~6★, Ashe 4~6★, Rasler 4~6★ w/ FF12 King Mog event.
then
Lunera 5~6★, Bran 4~6★, Helena 4~6★, Ruggles 3~5★ w/ FFEB Story Event.
then
Prishe 5~6★, Werei 4~6★, Kupipi 3~5★ w/ FF11 Raid Event.
then
Mercenary Ramza 5~6★, Knight Delita 5~6★, Meliadoul 4~6★, Orran 3~5★ (and Agrias + Gaffgarion 6★ upgrade), w/ FFT King Mog Event

The Vertias banner comes after that, and Dark Veritas is Orlandeau who hit debuffs dark instead of holy and has some other tricks. He 'displaced' Orlandeau as the king of DPS mountain but I think people soured on him because Agrias came out right before and Excaliburs practically grow on trees compared to Deathbringers.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 2, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
None of those are really big things to pull until Dark, right?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Balthier is a solid finisher who is still very good despite not getting his enhancements. His enhancements might put him closer to the top on finishers. Lunera is basically a Roy/Ramza with her enhancements but with slightly less buffing and far more personal damage if you decide to not buff and Prishie is a prototype combo character thats still very good post enhancements.

None of the characters are super top tier, but definitely worth doing their dailies pulls and a few tickets. Nothing to super whale for.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Dinged from a levelup, did 5 more Counterattack raid orbs...and climbed as high as 719.

Is nobody running this raid? Or is nobody running Counterattack? Cause man, I'm going to need to adjust my expectations for raid rewards upwards at this rate.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I dont think anyone is running counterattack

Im not because I dont have access to it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^^ you should get access to it and run it, even if you only do the "cast 3 spells then use escape" trick to 'win' since you'll get 100 lapis for clearing it plus a bunch of coins for clearing two of the objectives.

AegisP posted:

Dinged from a levelup, did 5 more Counterattack raid orbs...and climbed as high as 719.

Is nobody running this raid? Or is nobody running Counterattack? Cause man, I'm going to need to adjust my expectations for raid rewards upwards at this rate.

I fully expect to get the top 5k prize without issue, possibly top 1k if people stop farming.

And at the current raid level, counterattack gives 3.8k mog coins. That's going to be a ridiculous amount of summons. I had around 500k coins to burn after the titan event and at this current rate I'll probably have 750-800k from King Mog. :psypop:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

^^^^ you should get access to it and run it, even if you only do the "cast 3 spells then use escape" trick to 'win' since you'll get 100 lapis for clearing it plus a bunch of coins for clearing two of the objectives.

I fully expect to get the top 5k prize without issue, possibly top 1k if people stop farming.

And at the current raid level, counterattack gives 3.8k mog coins. That's going to be a ridiculous amount of summons. I had around 500k coins to burn after the titan event and at this current rate I'll probably have 750-800k from King Mog. :psypop:

Ditto.

Wilhelm, Tilith, Ling, 3x Orlandu (or 2+Friend Olive) = 2-3 turn kill

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Evil Fluffy posted:

Enjoy doing those 1000 at a time!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Enjoy doing those 1000 at a time!

It's getting changed to 5000 at the next downtime (supposedly) and I have a Nox macro setup for raid summons either way.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Put up my solo Gilgamesh trial Noctis for a friend if anyone still needs it. Just turn on auto attack and check back in about 40 minutes, maybe sooner if you want to try and get the limit best kill.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My apron dress TM finished. So close to best in slot Olive.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'm grinding out lb gauge tms

wish i hadn't previously fused six jacks into one though :(

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Oh man, I just got the Facebook account back. I really did just have to take a single picture and upload it. I was starting to think I was SoL there.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm just going with Overdrive & Rikku's TMR's +200% buff. That's +300% which means she should need 4 total crystals to fill the bar.

Edit: I guess it's technically +400% with her passive 100% bonus fill rate, but crystals don't round so it's still 4 and not 3.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 2, 2017

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I am super depressed at the game right now. On Thursday I threw 39 rare tickets, and 3 guaranteed 4 star tickets at the banner, on top of the free 11 pull and guaranteed 5 star 11 pull.

No Rikku.

Today I threw another two 11 pulls at the banner, plus another 6 tickets.

No Rikku.

Oddsbitch put me at a 99.8% chance of pulling Rikku with just the ones I've thrown at the banner so far. It's not even some off chance rainbow I'm chasing this time, I want that banner gold.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

arisu posted:

I am super depressed at the game right now. On Thursday I threw 39 rare tickets, and 3 guaranteed 4 star tickets at the banner, on top of the free 11 pull and guaranteed 5 star 11 pull.

No Rikku.

No Rikku.

Oddsbitch put me at a 99.8% chance of pulling Rikku with just the ones I've thrown at the banner so far. It's not even some off chance rainbow I'm chasing this time, I want that banner gold.

Meanwhile I pulled rikku #4 this morning with my free daily. I have good luck with golds, just not rainbows.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

arisu posted:

No Rikku.

No Rikku.

i dumped a total of 50+ tickets and a 10+1 draw on illias, amelia, and tlith's banners, and didnt get goddamn poo poo from them. i got two rainbow crystals from tilith's banner, something with even less odds then Tilith herself, let alone twice.

on-banner golds are the new rainbow.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP version hit 10 million downloads. Everyone in that version is getting a free 10+1 and a free 5* EX Pull ticket.

Edit: Rating spreadsheet has been updated with the new 12 characters in JP. As mentioned, the FF12 banner with Balthier/Ashe/Rasler is almost definitely coming within the next 2 week.

Varance fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 2, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Varance posted:

JP version hit 10 million downloads. Everyone in that version is getting a free 10+1 and a free 5* EX Pull ticket.

On top of the 30 tickets they received for a recent raid boss damage milestone thing.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Posting for new thread and new players, have 5 slots open.

Holy spear + Spirit Slayer. For compatibility with TGCid, or other Rebertas geared to be compatible with TGCid.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

AegisP posted:

I'm just going with Overdrive & Rikku's TMR's +200% buff. That's +300% which means she should need 4 total crystals to fill the bar.

Edit: I guess it's technically +400% with her passive 100% bonus fill rate, but crystals don't round so it's still 4 and not 3.

You know, if you give her Dual Wield, Equip Spear, and two Moogle Spears, you only need two crystals...

And if you add Mog Rise from getting 21 Moogles...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know, if you give her Dual Wield, Equip Spear, and two Moogle Spears, you only need two crystals...

And if you add Mog Rise from getting 21 Moogles...

The +1 LB gauge stuff isn't affected by LB boost stuff though, is it?

AegisP posted:

I haven't checked in this game, but in Brave Frontier it just added up and then dropped and fractions after the crystals were collected for the round. So if you had a 25% fill rate and got 8 crystals you ended up with 10 gauge while 10 crystals ended up at 12 gauge and the 0.5 was lost. I'd imagine it works the same in this otherwise the 50% fill rate stuff would be worthless unless you equipped at least 2 of them.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So I've got a starting roll I'm not sure what to think of. I've been rolling hoping for something like Tidus and 2-3 good 4*s like Warrior of Light/Setzer/Rikku. I just rolled TG Cid/Aileen/a pile of garbage. The only 4* is Beach Time Fina, everything else was a 3* and none of the ones I recognize people saying are useful like Exdeath/Zidane for DW/etc.

I'm thinking I should keep it cause the odds of two 5*s never mind two awesome ones are astronomical, but I just wanted to be certain.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

aileen and tg cid are indeed a very good pair of starter 5*. the thing about 4* is that some of them are very, very good, but FOR THE MOST PART if you play regularly you will eventually draw them. i think it took me a few months to end up getting a shine, i still don't have setzer. it took me at least six months to get a chizuru i think and i am glad i got a rikku in about 45 draws.

frankly i would really hate rerolling and would for sure just keep the starter with those two very strong base 5*, and given time you will eventually fill out your base 4* roster if my experience is anything to go by.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I think I came up with a middle of the road solution. I backed up this account to my main Facebook so it'll be the default I go back to whenever I reroll. If I feel like it I can do a little rerolling while watching TV/whatever and if I stumble across the perfect fresh out of the box party great, if not this is a pretty good place to start.

Edit: Any suggestions for a starting party out of this?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BGrifter posted:

Edit: Any suggestions for a starting party out of this?

That's a great start, to be honest. Two top tier DPS units are more important than some base 4s that you'll end up pulling eventually.

As for your team, use the top row of that screenshot. Sure, beach Fina, Rain, and Lasswell aren't the greatest, but they're all 6* capable role fillers. And you'll be carried by friend units and your 5* bases, so you won't need to worry about support for a while.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

jetz0r posted:

As for your team, use the top row of that screenshot. Sure, beach Fina, Rain, and Lasswell aren't the greatest, but they're all 6* capable role fillers. And you'll be carried by friend units and your 5* bases, so you won't need to worry about support for a while.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I spent a while plowing through some story content, got a couple more tickets that turned into 3*s, piling up Lapis for now.

Am I safe to dump all those Cactuars I just got as a login bonus into Orlandeau and Aileen?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Got a Setzer off my daily pull. Is he worth training up if I already have a Rikku?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ApplesandOranges posted:

Got a Setzer off my daily pull. Is he worth training up if I already have a Rikku?

yeah they're totally different roles, although i have discovered rikku does chain okay-ish. setzer has great chaining abilities and faster/easier fixed damage

• Locked thread