Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Just pulled a Rikku off one of the rare tickets from the storyline! :woop:

So I'm guessing Rain/Orlandeau/Aileen/Rikku/Beach Time Fina now? Should I keep pulling on the Tidus machine or start saving my rare tickets now for a future machine with a different desirable 4*?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got cactuar that dropped a set of guard awakening materials this time.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

Am I safe to dump all those Cactuars I just got as a login bonus into Orlandeau and Aileen?

Only if you want to crush your enemies and see them driven before you, to the soundtrack of the lamentation of their women.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Got a Setzer off my daily pull. Is he worth training up if I already have a Rikku?

Setzer can deal more damage, sometimes, with his Double Dice skill (it's random) while Rikku deals constant fixed damage. Rikku has way more utility than Setzer.

Nuebot posted:

I got cactuar that dropped a set of guard awakening materials this time.

Same.

BGrifter posted:

So I'm guessing Rain/Orlandeau/Aileen/Rikku/Beach Time Fina now? Should I keep pulling on the Tidus machine or start saving my rare tickets now for a future machine with a different desirable 4*?

I would save them for now. You've got an extremely good setup for a new player, you can spend those tickets later and get some good and new-to-you units while you chase a new hotness.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BGrifter posted:

I'd say hold your tickets till the dark veritas banner and roll there. Aileen and Orlandu dont play nice together unless there is someone in between also providing hits for the chain to get longer without clipping and breaking it and Dark Veritas is your best bet. It also has Fire Veritas which is an excellent finisher as well as earth veritas, which is an OK tank which are all things you can use right now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So if we stick close to JP, the robot trial fight is a month away. Get those Edgar machine killer TM's farmed up while you have time!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

1st artisan is about to finish from the cooker, now I wait for blade mastery, the cowl, bracelet and shines TM. If I have enough lapiz afterwards I'm going to grind another shine, a save the queen, another artisan, another cowl and another bracelet third. I'll do non refresh TM farm groups to get WoL pumped up while I wait for wind veritas, which will be the next big farm poo poo for my eileens.

e-Also thanks whoever suggested memu over nox. Holy poo poo is this a million times better than that piece of crap. Even when it crashes, the macro I have just reinitialize the game and starts over.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 2, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Rainbow on the Daily for a 3rd Dark Fina. Could have been worse, I have a hell of a magic team now with Trance Terra and 3x Dark Fina. I can even switch out my ExDeaths on my Arena teams and probably win just on counter attacks.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BGrifter posted:

Exp and awakening order for you, as materials allow:
Orlandu
Aileen
Rikku
Rain (he levels really quickly)
Fina

Since you just started, you won't have the materials to awaken Orlandu and Aileen to their 6 star forms, but the general rule is to focus on one unit first. The game mechanics reward having one powerful unit over a mediocre party, due to attack being squared in damage calculations.

Save your tickets, keep doing daily pulls. You've already got the best support unit in the game from this banner. You don't need dupes of her, and no one needs more Wakkas. We're getting a FF12 banner in the next week or two that will have a couple good 4 star units, and will be an event to farm 6 star awakening materials.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I think I have changed my TM team 15 times since about 10pm yesterday...

So many decisions. So much getting talked out of.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hagie posted:

I think I have changed my TM team 15 times since about 10pm yesterday...

So many decisions. So much getting talked out of.

I'm only 2-5% away from finishing Ribbon #2 and Wisdom #1 and I'm torn between loading up a TM grind team with 5 Leons for Tidus or working on other stuff. I'm thinking Leon's TM comes next, with Amelia and Lawerences being added to the grind after that so that I can put the demon mail on Tidus, a breastplate on Orlandu, and Amelia's TM on Olive.

Current TM team also includes units like Grace, since her TM is one of the better/best options I have for Fryevia, but I think I might just bench her because I'd need to grind out both letters and arms, among other things, to make my Fryevia comparable to Orlandu (or Tidus) outside of phys-resistant content like Maxwell.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Current TM team: Rikku, Tidus, 2x Leon, Gaffgarrion

Need to figure out what to put in place of Gaffgarrion since he's done in 10%. I kind of want to work on at least one +30% HP materia for my tank finally. These +15% HPs are getting a bit stale.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Dang, after Elza, Tilith, Rikku, 6* Fina, and 6* WoL all the king metal minitaurs I had saved up are loving gone. Poor Lighting (who I finally drew many months too late thanks to the guaranteed 5* pull but am going to level and enhance anyway for possible dodge shenanigans) is having to subsist on whatever the anniversary gatcha spits out. On the plus side, Rikku, Tilith, and 6* WoL so :woop:

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Cao Ni Ma posted:

1st artisan is about to finish from the cooker, now I wait for blade mastery, the cowl, bracelet and shines TM. If I have enough lapiz afterwards I'm going to grind another shine, a save the queen, another artisan, another cowl and another bracelet third. I'll do non refresh TM farm groups to get WoL pumped up while I wait for wind veritas, which will be the next big farm poo poo for my eileens.

e-Also thanks whoever suggested memu over nox. Holy poo poo is this a million times better than that piece of crap. Even when it crashes, the macro I have just reinitialize the game and starts over.

Please add me, I need more Aileens in my life. Or any other goons who do.

She is at 89% TMR, so that attack will jump 75 points once Artisan replaces Gaia Blade.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but Razzmatazz makes Laswell one of the best Arena units right now. With Dual Wield, Exorcising Storm hits the entire enemy party with a 30% chance to petrify/sleep 4 times.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm only 2-5% away from finishing Ribbon #2 and Wisdom #1 and I'm torn between loading up a TM grind team with 5 Leons for Tidus or working on other stuff. I'm thinking Leon's TM comes next, with Amelia and Lawerences being added to the grind after that so that I can put the demon mail on Tidus, a breastplate on Orlandu, and Amelia's TM on Olive.

Current TM team also includes units like Grace, since her TM is one of the better/best options I have for Fryevia, but I think I might just bench her because I'd need to grind out both letters and arms, among other things, to make my Fryevia comparable to Orlandu (or Tidus) outside of phys-resistant content like Maxwell.

After Ingus #3 finished I had Xiao, Mercedes, Locke, Abel, and Camille TMS up, and the discussion came up in Discord that there have been strong event weapons lately, so Xiao and Locke may be TMs of the past. My only reason for Rising Sun was to put on CoD, but she rarely finds her way into my team. With Xiao...I realized that I don't really use many fist units. I do have Rikku but the current event woods weapon seems to be BIS for her with out dualing.

I ended up settling on Mercedes, Hayate, Abel #2, Shine (1 of 4) and Camille.

Figuring I could use Camille on Setzer and move the Second Knife elsewhere.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is there a way to make a character my friend unit even though its not in the party I'm using right now? I dont want to have a gimped character as one and I'm in the process of TMing.

vvv
Excellent, just what I needed

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 2, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Some where in the Menu you can set a "Companion" team and an "Arena" team

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

jetz0r posted:

Save your tickets, keep doing daily pulls. You've already got the best support unit in the game from this banner. You don't need dupes of her, and no one needs more Wakkas. We're getting a FF12 banner in the next week or two that will have a couple good 4 star units, and will be an event to farm 6 star awakening materials.

Thanks for all the advice jetz0r, Cao Ni Ma and Capt.

I pumped all those cactuars into Orlandeau and he's smashing faces at level 49. I press the button and he makes everything fall down. I've actually got some of his Awakening materials, just need 10x Calamity Writ and 5x Divine Crystal. No idea what those are. :3:

I've been scooping up all the newbie Lapis and I'm getting close to 5k. Is the guaranteed 5-star machine worth a pull even though I'm saving resources for an upcoming banner?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I pulled another Rikku with my 4* EX ticket so my TM team is 5 Rikku.

After they finish it's Tidus, Gilgamesh, Amelia, Wilhelm, and Marie, then onto 3x Sohze, and a pair of Dark Fina.

BGrifter posted:

Thanks for all the advice jetz0r, Cao Ni Ma and Capt.

I pumped all those cactuars into Orlandeau and he's smashing faces at level 49. I press the button and he makes everything fall down. I've actually got some of his Awakening materials, just need 10x Calamity Writ and 5x Divine Crystal. No idea what those are. :3:

I've been scooping up all the newbie Lapis and I'm getting close to 5k. Is the guaranteed 5-star machine worth a pull even though I'm saving resources for an upcoming banner?

Definitely do the guaranteed 5* pull. Rainbows are 1/100 units, so you normally have a 11% chance to get one in a normal 10+1 pull. You could go months between seeing them.

hagie posted:

After Ingus #3 finished I had Xiao, Mercedes, Locke, Abel, and Camille TMS up, and the discussion came up in Discord that there have been strong event weapons lately, so Xiao and Locke may be TMs of the past. My only reason for Rising Sun was to put on CoD, but she rarely finds her way into my team. With Xiao...I realized that I don't really use many fist units. I do have Rikku but the current event woods weapon seems to be BIS for her with out dualing.

I ended up settling on Mercedes, Hayate, Abel #2, Shine (1 of 4) and Camille.

Figuring I could use Camille on Setzer and move the Second Knife elsewhere.

Locke's TM was displaced this banner by Wakka. Xiao's is going to be made less of a thing by the next Trial.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 2, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What is BiS for Fryevia? 4 Letters and Arms or 3 L&Ms and rod mastery to equip Mateus' Malice?

EDIT: I should say, assuming you don't have a second fryevia's needle.

Heroic Yoshimitsu fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 2, 2017

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Skyridge posted:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but Razzmatazz makes Laswell one of the best Arena units right now. With Dual Wield, Exorcising Storm hits the entire enemy party with a 30% chance to petrify/sleep 4 times.

I put it on Luneth, but Laswell is a pretty good thought.

Separate Question: I have 2x TGCs as chainers. This week, I pulled Reberta and Gilgamesh. I read Gilgamesh is a pretty great finisher after enhancements. Would he or Reberta be better for my team now?

Not sure who I'd swap out though. Current raid team is TGC, TCG, WoL, Rikku, Tillith, Friendlandu

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

current gilgamesh isnt really overly exciting but i dont have any experience with reberta at all to say. snowpetal is a cool name for an ability tho so i vote for gilgamesh

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Divider was a better name.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

for my 5* 11pull I ended up with a Rem. I assume she's 100% worthless except for maybe the arena?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Finally got 5k Lapis, so I did the 10+1 5*.

I AM BEDILED!

But I also have yet another new BFF.

Not that I have any gear to make him a beast, but I'm one step closer!

fullTimeLurker posted:

for my 5* 11pull I ended up with a Rem. I assume she's 100% worthless except for maybe the arena?

Nope. Rem is your new Healer. Enjoy!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

fullTimeLurker posted:

rem is actually one of the strongest single target damage dealers in the game, dagger boomerang is absurdly good

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PaybackJack posted:

I pulled another Rikku with my 4* EX ticket so my TM team is 5 Rikku.

After they finish it's Tidus, Gilgamesh, Amelia, Wilhelm, and Marie, then onto 3x Sohze, and a pair of Dark Fina.

Definitely do the guaranteed 5* pull. Rainbows are 1/100 units, so you normally have a 11% chance to get one in a normal 10+1 pull. You could go months between seeing them.

Locke's TM was displaced this banner by Wakka. Xiao's is going to be made less of a thing by the next Trial.

Locke's is still nice if you can make use of Bird Killer, but yeah Wakka's beats it out on atk by a few points

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Finally got 5k Lapis, so I did the 10+1 5*.

I AM BEDILED!

But I also have yet another new BFF.

Not that I have any gear to make him a beast, but I'm one step closer!

Nope. Rem is your new Healer. Enjoy!

The reason a Cid chain is cheat mode is because he doesn't even need to be that powerful, just make sure to take a goon whale Cid as your second.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I hate all you Cid-havers. I am consoling myself by playing FFT again, because I can never get a Cid :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you can get agrias and put excalibur on her for a build your own tg cid, just like the game. when she gets her enhancements that is

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Khisanth Magus posted:

I hate all you Cid-havers. I am consoling myself by playing FFT again, because I can never get a Cid :(

:( :hf: :(

rabidsquid posted:

you can get agrias and put excalibur on her for a build your own tg cid, just like the game. when she gets her enhancements that is

I look forward to the build-a-cid patch 9 months from now. I'm only very slightly sarcastic.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its coming at least six months before ramza enhancements

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

its coming at least six months before ramza enhancements

Theory: after looking at Lunera there's a chance...just a chance... that Ramza gets his enhancements in August after Lunera comes out.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ugato posted:

I look forward to the build-a-cid patch 9 months from now. I'm only very slightly sarcastic.

Her six star is 1-3 months away, and enhancements 1-2 months after that, going by the JP schedule. Upgrading her DR to match TGCid will probably cost 12 T4 and 4 T5 Power Crysts. So you're looking at a really high cost, not just some exp and awakening materials.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

jetz0r posted:

Her six star is 1-3 months away, and enhancements 1-2 months after that, going by the JP schedule. Upgrading her DR to match TGCid will probably cost 12 T4 and 4 T5 Power Crysts. So you're looking at a really high cost, not just some exp and awakening materials.

You'll also was to stock up on 3xT4 and 1xT5 support crysts for her in order to get her passive +50% ATK with a greatsword enhancement.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
And then of course the real cid will get his enhancements and I will still be jealous of Cid-havers.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

fullTimeLurker posted:

Best red mage in the game, has Auto-Raise to boot.

But you missed her "gently caress you and die" materia that locks down enemy teams in Arena, yes.

rabidsquid posted:

rem is actually one of the strongest single target damage dealers in the game, dagger boomerang is absurdly good

This. Yeah, beaten badly, don't care. I gots ta speak up for all the "suboptimals."

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I honestly use Rem has a Cure Stone healbot than spam Siphon Delta. Delta comes into play if they're not dead or stoned as a guarantee. Double casting Raise + Curaja is extremely useful in Arena just in case.
Course her being decently tanky for a healer helps alot.

Too bad she has the single worst attack animation in the game though. GOOD LORD does that poo poo drag on and look utterly stupid.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got Wakka'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mill Village posted:

I got Wakka'd.

Save all those wakas for the ffx fish event later.

• Locked thread