Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Lol, Frankenstein is Ai Nonaka growling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Apparently Euryale isn't actually in the game yet? I guess she'll be added for Okeanos.

Yeah she is. Idk why she's listed with the other 59 servants, because she's the only one of them who isn't in the game right now.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Sophism posted:

Looking at you Jack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://streamable.com/syip9

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
me_irl

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm excited because he is very cute

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

song_of_my_people.wav

e: Put this in the OP ASAP

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 2, 2017

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Gil basically does everything Attila or Arthuria do at their very best. Only he doesn't need to use any of his skills to do so. And his actual skills and passive and attack patterns allow him to be more than a wet noodle in between NP bursts, which also come much more frequent thanks to far more crits and base NP generation.
It doesn't help that there are dozens of Arthurias and Attilas out there. Like 90% of the knight class 5*s have that BBAAQ setup with buster NP and a short damage boost and all of them are mediocre, unless they do amazing poo poo outside of that burst, like Gil (or later Drake)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wuxi posted:

Gil basically does everything Attila or Arthuria do at their very best. Only he doesn't need to use any of his skills to do so. And his actual skills and passive and attack patterns allow him to be more than a wet noodle in between NP bursts, which also come much more frequent thanks to far more crits and base NP generation.
It doesn't help that there are dozens of Arthurias and Attilas out there. Like 90% of the knight class 5*s have that BBAAQ setup with buster NP and a short damage boost and all of them are mediocre, unless they do amazing poo poo outside of that burst, like Gil (or later Drake)
Or if they just hit insanely hard, like Gawain.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
So how do I reroll in this? Just uninstall and then reinstall?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would be disappointed if Gilgamesh wasn't the most broken poo poo considering he's shown to be literally unbeatable in every anime except out-of-universe bullshit.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

So how do I reroll in this? Just uninstall and then reinstall?

Yes. If you use the "Issue Transfer Code" option first you can even go back to earlier rolls, or give them to other people.

Technically there's a slightly faster reroll method if you have two devices but it saves like two minutes on a half hour reroll so it's not really worth the hassle.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Is if just me or does the Random EXP daily give out worse rewards.

Like I get mostly 4 stars with a few 3 stars from the 30 AP daily, except for the Random daily which gives me mostly three stars, a couple 4 stars and once a 2 star.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Is if just me or does the Random EXP daily give out worse rewards.

Like I get mostly 4 stars with a few 3 stars from the 30 AP daily, except for the Random daily which gives me mostly three stars, a couple 4 stars and once a 2 star.

Mostly 4 stars from the 30AP daily is not normal; if it were there wouldn't be a much reason to have a 40AP daily. I typically see ~3 4*s and ~6 3*s from the 30AP daily? 2*s definitely can drop in it, though. I don't think the All Classes one is any different, but I haven't really run it much to find out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

I would be disappointed if Gilgamesh wasn't the most broken poo poo considering he's shown to be literally unbeatable in every anime except out-of-universe bullshit.

He was considered rear end until his animation update in like March of 2016, so he wasn't as good as he is now for a while and then they made him really good.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

Yes. If you use the "Issue Transfer Code" option first you can even go back to earlier rolls, or give them to other people.

Technically there's a slightly faster reroll method if you have two devices but it saves like two minutes on a half hour reroll so it's not really worth the hassle.

Gonna re-roll then. I already cleared Fuyuki, but I got some disappointing pulls from the gacha (including my guaranteed 4* being Marie Antoinette...).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hahaha, Saint-George-sensei.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I just died when I heard "ROME".

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

I decided to spend the day rolling since while my main team is pretty good, I feel like this is the only chance I'm going to have to ensure a jeanne or a waver. Still hunting for my first 5* servant, but I did just pull a really silly roll of EMIYA, Heavens Fell and :siren:2:siren: Kalediscopes. Let me know if you want the code. Hopefully someone has a waver or Jeanne they want to trade for it.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Captain Baal posted:

He was considered rear end until his animation update in like March of 2016, so he wasn't as good as he is now for a while and then they made him really good.

Not that it's relevant anymore, but I thought he was also considered good before they reworked how crit stars were generated. When he was first released, he was the best crit star generator in the game, but they nerfed how many stars Buster and Arts cards generated and buffed Quick. I think they also tweeked how many stars you could generate off of overkill, so Gil bullying an already dead opponent to generate 20-30 stars is no longer a thing. I guess he was bad for like 3 months and top tier for the rest of the life of the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He might've been but the game was so weird and new by the time he was dropped that people were still figuring poo poo out and he hit stuff the hardest of anyone in the game at that point that he would've been considered good off of that alone.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Gacha luck is strong today boys, finally re-rolled into a 5*

It's Altria.

And then my car broke down.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It looks like according to the wikia, Rome really only provides pieces for Berserkers, a saber, and a rider. I need 3 of caster/lancer/rider/Archer. Pretty much my only choice is to hope for updates in the 30ap daily, right? The two days I've done it was Carmilla both times at the end, has anyone else gotten anyone else?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

It looks like according to the wikia, Rome really only provides pieces for Berserkers, a saber, and a rider. I need 3 of caster/lancer/rider/Archer. Pretty much my only choice is to hope for updates in the 30ap daily, right? The two days I've done it was Carmilla both times at the end, has anyone else gotten anyone else?

Technically all of those are farmable in free quests in Orleans, but yes, if you want that many different ones I suspect the 30AP daily Duels are going to be your best bet. I've seen Saber Lily and Cu in the knights one and Marie and Carmilla in the horsemen one so I think they're working as intended.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

oath2order posted:

I decided to spend the day rolling since while my main team is pretty good, I feel like this is the only chance I'm going to have to ensure a jeanne or a waver. Still hunting for my first 5* servant, but I did just pull a really silly roll of EMIYA, Heavens Fell and :siren:2:siren: Kalediscopes. Let me know if you want the code. Hopefully someone has a waver or Jeanne they want to trade for it.

I don't need your code but here are some pulls I didn't use.

Vlad+Siegfried
aYM3aN3TAe

Vlad + Tamamo
k15TK75dEJ

Jeanne + Carmella
39mMxVhwuT

Jeanne + Carmella+Heaven's Feel
u4nvuQudyP

Waver+Tamamo+d'Eon
UgNqVexapS

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 3, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Technically all of those are farmable in free quests in Orleans, but yes, if you want that many different ones I suspect the 30AP daily Duels are going to be your best bet. I've seen Saber Lily and Cu in the knights one and Marie and Carmilla in the horsemen one so I think they're working as intended.
Is knights the 20? Don't think I've tried that yet.

Btw, if anyone needs a 50 Herc for the dailies, I'll prune some of my lvl 1 mash friends in a bit.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It ended.

Orleans finally ended :unsmith:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Spoilers for future servants:

https://youtu.be/hMkHs3J_iiI

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Fourth reroll attempt:

Craft Essences:
Dragon Meridian (3*)
Divine Banquet (4*)
Iron-Willed Training (4*)
Angel's Song (4*)

Servants:
Medusa (Okay.)
Boudica (Bleh.)
Robin Hood (Ooh, nice, first time getting an Archer on one of these attempts.)
Darius III (Bleh.)
Kiyohime (Okay.)
Hercules (▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!)

... Yeah, I think I'm keeping this one. :getin:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I wish I had known Stheno was poo poo because when I saw Vlad + 4* and a bunch of 4-5* CEs I just stopped... Should have kept going :v Already spent some $ for account recovery in the future so I'll keep at it but some of your guys' spare rolls make me regret :v

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Is knights the 20? Don't think I've tried that yet.

No, you want the 30AP daily. The 20AP is a scam since it basically has the same drop chances as the 10AP but the 30AP guarantees a drop in wave 3. Knights is the other duel daily that has saber/lancer/archer/berserker pieces instead of rider/assassin/caster/berserker pieces.

Who you get in the final stage is going to be RNG no matter what and for me that RNG has been berserker basically every time. But, at this stage of the game you just want pieces/monuments in general so anything is fine. For instance, in order to see all of the berserker interludes you'd need 22 or so berserker pieces as they're the most common class at the start. For this type of game you really need to get into the mindset of "everything in time" since nothing is going to be instant gratification unless you buy quartz and use them to restore AP or something else very silly.

When people say that "we have the bad quests" or "these quests are bad" they're comparing to what Japan eventually got several months after release. Those quests are better for specific things which makes a ton more sense when you'd only be needing them for new servant releases, for the most part. It'll be several months before content that wants anything beyond 1st ascension so may as well invest in getting everybody there for interludes and not worry about 2nd or 3rd beyond events unlocking more materials/better farms. You could farm free quests for specifics but the drop rates are going to be terrible to the point that you could spend hundreds of AP and end up with nothing compared to spending 30AP to always get something that you will need for something, eventually. And, eventually, you would get what you want.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Thanks. I just want to ascend Jeanne, basically. Someone in my friends list has a 70 Jeanne and I'm super jealous.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't need your code but here are some pulls I didn't use.

Vlad+Siegfried
aYM3aN3TAe

Vlad + Tamamo
k15TK75dEJ

Jeanne + Carmella
39mMxVhwuT

Jeanne + Carmella+Heaven's Feel
u4nvuQudyP

Waver+Tamamo+d'Eon
UgNqVexapS

Thanks! someone else got the Waver, but I'll take Jeanne and Carmela. You also have a solid lineup of 3* there too. I'll miss my old emiya, but aniplex has to run the event to pick a 4* sooner or later.

Double Kaleidoscope roll is here:
enD2zm6QKg
goons

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Thanks. I just want to ascend Jeanne, basically. Someone in my friends list has a 70 Jeanne and I'm super jealous.

Yeah, for Jeanne you absolutely want to be doing the 30AP piece/monument quest since you'll also want 5 of every monument which absolutely have the best rates from the 3rd wave on those quests. Jeanne is one of the few servants you technically could 4th ascend before any events.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I wish I had known Stheno was poo poo because when I saw Vlad + 4* and a bunch of 4-5* CEs I just stopped... Should have kept going :v Already spent some $ for account recovery in the future so I'll keep at it but some of your guys' spare rolls make me regret :v

Even bad servants can be useful. I'm on mobile so I don't have it handy, but there's a video out there of someone taking on a male event boss (I think it was Edmund Dantes?) with more than 500k hp using a team of just Stheno, Euryale, and a support Euryale. They charmed/stunned the boss every turn for like 20 turns and killed him without him ever getting to act.

While many people get though tough content by overpowering it with stats, you can do an awful lot with good teamcomp, even with one star servants.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
my main starter was stheno who's whatev I guess I mean she doesn't shine against all these skeletons I guess I just pressed the beserker on the friends list and snoozed through the prologue

then I realized I had enough for two ten pulls and got 5* saber lily and ruler jeane (also how to level)

did I luck out or are they garbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

my main starter was stheno who's whatev I guess I mean she doesn't shine against all these skeletons I guess I just pressed the beserker on the friends list and snoozed through the prologue

then I realized I had enough for two ten pulls and got 5* saber lily and ruler jeane (also how to level)

did I luck out or are they garbo

Ruler Jeanne, 5* Saber are both very good. Jeanne is one of the best starter rolls and she starts off powerful unlike some of the other 4-5*.

Bakanogami posted:

Even bad servants can be useful. I'm on mobile so I don't have it handy, but there's a video out there of someone taking on a male event boss (I think it was Edmund Dantes?) with more than 500k hp using a team of just Stheno, Euryale, and a support Euryale. They charmed/stunned the boss every turn for like 20 turns and killed him without him ever getting to act.

While many people get though tough content by overpowering it with stats, you can do an awful lot with good teamcomp, even with one star servants.

I remember that :) I'm fine tbh, Vlad is destroying everything for now with a jeanne/vlad/herc support friend. I just could have been better :p On the CE front I'm pretty drat lucky though so can't complain. I have 25% boosters for Art/Buster/Quick/ 60-80% NP starters, Def boosters, etc...

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 3, 2017