Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

:hfive: Ours even have similar builds! Good to know I'm on the right track.

Well, she has a ton of skills because of all the merging.

The assist I run is usually reposition and the C-skill is goad fliers since she's usually a part of my flier emblem team. Gtomebreaker for tanking a hit from Julia/Nino and axebreaker for Hector are also sometimes swapped in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onnoes
Dec 24, 2011
I managed to pull a summer Frederick (-SPD, +RES) and a Hector (-DEF, +RES) from the summer pool.

Hector is like one unit that I wanted since the beginning of this game, but he is currently the third in the waiting line for a vantage merge. Any other skills like renewal or wary fighter that might work?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Onnoes posted:

I managed to pull a summer Frederick (-SPD, +RES) and a Hector (-DEF, +RES) from the summer pool.

Hector is like one unit that I wanted since the beginning of this game, but he is currently the third in the waiting line for a vantage merge. Any other skills like renewal or wary fighter that might work?

Wary fighter disables Armads so it's not recommended.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Onnoes posted:

:wom:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Onnoes posted:

Besides WoM, G Tomebreaker is also an alright option for him.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Still waiting until I pull a +ATK Cherche. I have Hinoka, a 4* +ATK Cordelia I could promote (and a Firesweep Lance for her to inherit), Spring Camilla and two Caedas, so I have basically all the important components for Flier Emblem. Part of me wants to wait until they release an actual good red flier, though.

Pulling a +ATK Cherche would also mean that I could get rid of the Camilla that has been collecting dust in my box for months, and put her Brave Axe+ on a much cooler character.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

Still waiting until I pull a +ATK Cherche. I have Hinoka, a 4* +ATK Cordelia I could promote (and a Firesweep Lance for her to inherit), Spring Camilla and two Caedas, so I have basically all the important components for Flier Emblem. Part of me wants to wait until they release an actual good red flier, though.

Pulling a +ATK Cherche would also mean that I could get rid of the Camilla that has been collecting dust in my box for months, and put her Brave Axe+ on a much cooler character.

I have a full flier emblem lineup except that I'm missing fortify fliers from Caeda. It's not a big deal since goad fliers is probably better in most situations but I want the fortify so my +ATK Bunilla can be the OHKO machine she was meant to be.

A good red flier and/or a flying healer would be nice to have available though.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

I have a full flier emblem lineup except that I'm missing fortify fliers from Caeda. It's not a big deal since goad fliers is probably better in most situations but I want the fortify so my +ATK Bunilla can be the OHKO machine she was meant to be.

A good red flier and/or a flying healer would be nice to have available though.
Yeah, Spring Camilla is why I'd want Fortify Fliers on the team. Apart from the lack of good red fliers, I also can't really justify spending so many feathers on a new team when my current team is capable of reaching Tier 20. I'm sure I'll cave in and make a flier team when they finally add Elincia/Ashnard/Marcia in a year or two, but for now I'm good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

Yeah, Spring Camilla is why I'd want Fortify Fliers on the team. Apart from the lack of good red fliers, I also can't really justify spending so many feathers on a new team when my current team is capable of reaching Tier 20. I'm sure I'll cave in and make a flier team when they finally add Elincia/Ashnard/Marcia in a year or two, but for now I'm good.

I'm running Hinoka/BCamilla/Cherche/4* Palla since I didn't want to spend the feathers for Palla either. It's basically my B team and works really well.

A 4* Palla with a ruby sword (usually with goads and/or hone) is more than enough to handle any greens the game can throw at you, even in tempest. She was usually the one who ORKOed Veronica in Tempest mode for me.

I hope they add Elincia with Amiti soon. A strong red flier with a unique brave weapon would be great.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 2, 2017

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

So i made a conclusion. I am never backing a healer again. So many 2 reds vs 3 blues etc type matches

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

I'm running Hinoka/BCamilla/Cherche/4* Palla since I didn't want to spend the feathers for Palla either. It's basically my B team and works really well.

A 4* Palla with a ruby sword (usually with goads and/or hone) is more than enough to handle any greens the game can throw at you, even in tempest. She was usually the one who ORKOed Veronica in Tempest mode for me.

I hope they add Elincia with Amiti soon. A strong red flier with a unique brave weapon would be great.
I could build something close to this with relatively few feathers if I replace Cherche with Cordelia, neat. The main cost would be giving SCamilla a better tome, but I have 73k feathers right now, so it's not like I'm going to run out anytime soon. We might get a new GHB soon that I would want to spend feathers on though, and I still need to build my Robin (currently considering giving her Sapphire Lance+ and Distant Counter, not sure how stupid that would be), but it's really tempting.

Also, I hope that when they release Elincia, they give her the skill she had in Radiant Dawn that made it impossible for her to finish off enemies. It would be very useful for training other units in the tower and I want to see people's reactions when they forget to take the skill off from her :allears:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

I could build something close to this with relatively few feathers if I replace Cherche with Cordelia, neat. The main cost would be giving SCamilla a better tome, but I have 73k feathers right now, so it's not like I'm going to run out anytime soon. We might get a new GHB soon that I would want to spend feathers on though, and I still need to build my Robin (currently considering giving her Sapphire Lance+ and Distant Counter, not sure how stupid that would be), but it's really tempting.

Also, I hope that when they release Elincia, they give her the skill she had in Radiant Dawn that made it impossible for her to finish off enemies. It would be very useful for training other units in the tower and I want to see people's reactions when they forget to take the skill off from her :allears:

SCamilla with gronnblade+ is a house. I also gave her Darting blow even though she is +ATK. With a hone and a goad she has 41 speed on offense, which is pretty good for doubling a lot of units she can't straight up OHKO. I might change it to Death blow (or fury) when I get access to fortify.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

The game must have seen my first post asking if thieves are worthless, my first 5 star is Jakob. Trying him out though he seems to combo really drat well with my brave lance Cordelia.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Jakob is honestly probably one of the worst characters in the game

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I can't get out of Tier 19. I think I would need to promote and train the Askr starters to make sure that I will never need to use a 4* bonus unit in their place.. and I still have Nino and Eirika to work on.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Snipee posted:

I can't get out of Tier 19. I think I would need to promote and train the Askr starters to make sure that I will never need to use a 4* bonus unit in their place.. and I still have Nino and Eirika to work on.

All I have left is alphonse, but alphonse...
and I just drew a new Gunter with better IVs and a couple effies to give him and reinhardt rank 3 death blow finally

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

It's neck and neck, with Priscilla having a slight lead.

For Priscilla backers: The scores are too close to ever have a stronger/weaker time to use your flags, so use them all now.

For Elise backers: Keep holding on to those flags. I'm sure that you will be weaker at some point.

Edit:

FoolyCharged posted:

All I have left is alphonse, but alphonse...

I finally made him a 5*. He isn't horrible, it's just that every other sword user with a unique sword outclasses him.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I promoted my Alfonse but have no idea what to give him. He's got 1330 SP and I mostly run mages, so I guess just positioning skills and buffs?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
he really really wants a brave sword but there's not much point in having him eat an actual good unit to give him one. if you pulled an ogma with atrocious IVs i could see it, maybe.

i saw a reddit post that suggested giving him Dragon Fang because he one-hits literally everyone in the game except the three blue armor units when it procs with death blow and the defiant atk 2 from folkvangr.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have a spare Luke, but I want to keep him on a high might weapon so he can check Hectors on both phases

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Wary fighter disables Armads so it's not recommended.

i fought a wary fighter hector in arena yesterday and i was like "wow why doesn't he one shot bride cordelia on the counter oh"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

And the drills have it. Did any other rounds come down to literally the last hour like this?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

BlazeEmblem posted:

For Elise backers: Keep holding on to those flags. I'm sure that you will be weaker at some point.

Nah, the threshold for the bonus is way too wide to be reached in the next hour. And Elise has consistently increased faster than Priscilla during "Same" status, so she won't be the one to fall behind. It looks like she'll eke out the win now.

The time to spend would have been early this morning, when the two did a fair bit of back-and-forth bonus slingshotting.

FoolyCharged posted:

And the drills have it. Did any other rounds come down to literally the last hour like this?

Sakura barely lost the first round; she got a big bonus in the last few hours, and was ahead up to and including the final hour. But Elise's neutral advantage let her catch up in the nick of time.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 3, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

drat this's quite a squeaker. For once a close gauntlet.

Farewell, rando 40+3 5* Beruka, you were oddly effective for a Beruka.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I have every healer in this gauntlet except for Elise. Is she worth a random pull? I spent like, 45 orbs to get summer Frederick and FRobin, so it's not like I'm really waiting for anything.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
She's the best offensive one if you have a wrathful staff to give her. Had one one round my Hector once.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

THE loving MOON posted:

She's the best offensive one if you have a wrathful staff to give her. Had one one round my Hector once.

what was your hector's ivs/build

asking for a friend

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

All of yall who didn't vote for the best waifu best be ashamed

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

what was your hector's ivs/build

asking for a friend

+spd, -res. It probably wouldn't have done him if he was neutral res, I didn't work out the numbers before moving him into range because it didn't even cross my mind that he could get killed by Elise.

And he's distant counter, WoM2, Fortify Res

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 3, 2017

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Polio Vax Scene posted:

But the Flier Gauntlet was ages ago.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Disturbing word choice for a gauntlet that was all kids.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Rip quadelia and some monstrous distant counter Titania, you will be missed

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

I remember in the first gauntlet Ephraim vs Chrom was absurdly close

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Aaaaand that's my last fight of the gauntlet. I still have 1,000 flags left. :saddowns: Unless all the Elise players just kind of rolled over and Priscilla players have been charging a serious spirit bomb then Elise has got it. I actually expected to be on team Elise by now, I didn't think Priscilla would make it past Lissa.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Honestly I wasn't invested into any of the heroes in this gauntlet but I had a 5 star Elise that I leveled up and gave skills to so why not

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Does anyone have any thoughts in how to build a random medium swordlord(Athena in this case)?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Supercar Gautier posted:

Nah, the threshold for the bonus is way too wide to be reached in the next hour. And Elise has consistently increased faster than Priscilla during "Same" status, so she won't be the one to fall behind. It looks like she'll eke out the win now.

Did... did you miss the line above were I told Priscilla supporters to use their flags because there was no time left :negative:?

I think the joke flew over your head.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Athena is pretty close to perfect out of the box with Wo Dao+ and Moonbow. You can give her Fury or Life and Death over Sturdy Blow if you'd like, but the main thing she'd like is Desperation given her crazy speed.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Elyv posted:

Does anyone have any thoughts in how to build a random medium swordlord(Athena in this case)?

Probably just Fury and Desperation, and maybe a Threaten Speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

My last battle had a fully stocked up Xander and Priscilla fighting with my Reinhardt.

In other unrelated news, I used my 20,000 feathers to 5* Xander to replace Leo or Eldigan.