Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
compared to Jupiter on top of Mount Olympus, what are we mortals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^^we are dogs i guess
Inserting high quality french music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7vKvQ4axQ

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Kurtofan posted:

compared to Jupiter on top of Mount Olympus, what are we mortals

You should strive to be a billionaire, you sans-dents trash

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
An electoral systems that depresses turnout and results in a choice between two lovely candidates?

Perhaps France and America have more in common than we thought?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/TeamMacronPR/status/881611001640214532

:captainpop:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
A reason why Macron and the people that surround him will fail is the fact they think we don't know how to loving read. Case in point.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Macron is an accelerationist, knew it

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

No way.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Oh ahahahaha

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Au bas avec la malaise.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Holy poo poo Vanilla ISIS is at it again, eight people injured after a group tried to shoot up a mosque:-

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40476825

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Holy poo poo Vanilla ISIS is at it again, eight people injured after a group tried to shoot up a mosque:-

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40476825

quote:

Ce soir, la piste terroriste est complètement écartée par la police. La magistrate de permanence au Parquet d'Avignon, Laure Chabaud, évoque l'hypothèse d'un règlement de comptes ou d'une querelle entre jeunes.

Les auteurs en fuite sont activement recherchés.

According to la provence it's most likely gang conflict.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Letting the Pieds Noirs settle the riviera was a mistake.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Why not send them to Guyana? That's also a sacred 5000-year integral part of the Republic

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

Why not send them to Guyana? That's also a sacred 5000-year integral part of the Republic
We are cruel but not THAT cruel.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lots of pieds noirs were sent to settle Corsica instead

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Toplowtech posted:

We are cruel but not THAT cruel.

I'm sure there's parts of Guyana where there's no one for them to bother.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Clipperton needs a permanent settlement, IMO.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Don't bother, he's not going to come back until the next attack on a Muslim target in France, which he will proceed to blame on "White ISIS", and so goes the circle of life.

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
I, for one, support an independent Corsica.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Don't bother, he's not going to come back until the next attack on a Muslim target in France, which he will proceed to blame on "White ISIS", and so goes the circle of life.
To be honest, modern Saudi Arabia and its religious madmen is weirdly similar to the French Old regime and its loving catholics assholes in term of bullshit.

Also Macron announced that the State of Emergency will stop in autumn. After all the hard police action parts of it have been moved to the normal non emergency police rules, i would guess.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 3, 2017

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

What a snoozefest of a speech. He sounded like Hollande at his most mediocre.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Why does he want to cut the number of MP's?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^it involves redrawing the electoral map aka gerrymandering with the excuse of cutting cost.

Flowers For Algeria posted:

What a snoozefest of a speech. He sounded like Hollande at his most mediocre.
During the whole speech I kept being reminded of the thick of it, where the conservatives and most young politicians operatives were obsessed by the show west wing. Someone tell macron he is not president of the USA so he can drop the loving state of the nation speech every year idea, that's too circlejerky for our Gallic taste.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 3, 2017

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Lawman 0 posted:

Lower threshold to pass whatever horrible poo poo he wants to pass?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Lawman 0 posted:

The french right is convinced democracy is bad since literally forever.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Fauxbot posted:

I, for one, support an independent Corsica.

:same:

i don't live there though lol

i'd ask for double nationality, half my family is there, surely that counts for something

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
So you know what was set on the same day as Macron's big speech to the assembled congress? It's the deadline on proposing amendments for debate on the bill allowing Macron to use executive orders in order to ratfuck workers out of laws protecting them!

Bonus question: can you guess which group wasn't in Versailles this afternoon from the number of amendments they have submitted?

https://twitter.com/JLMelenchon/status/881918445641707520

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
There's been a drive-by shooting in Toulouse tonight. 1 dead, several wounded.

https://twitter.com/France3MidiPy/status/881968605994381313

And this is a thing:

quote:

Des témoignages recueillis sur place par France 3 faisaient état lundi soir d'au moins un tireur dissimulé derrière des vêtements traditionnels musulmans.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
White isis imo

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

quote:

Selon une source policière, la victime décédée était défavorablement connue des services de police. La préfecture a indiqué plus tard dans la soirée que l'enquête privilégiait l'hypothèse du règlement de compte, écartant la piste terroriste.

Probably still white ISIS, what would the cops know.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Soviet Commubot posted:

lol, you can now do Paris-Rennes (373km) in the same time you can do Rennes-Châteaubriand (61km) or Brest-Quimper (91km). I can't wait for everyone who isn't a rich Parisian to get priced out of the city and have to move somewhere awful like Saint Brieuc.

I don't know how anyone can stand to live in Paris... or afford to, but that's another story. I've lived in two large cities in my life, both French speaking, and despite speaking excellent French I was nearly insane after two months. No wonder people who go there for tourism think that all of the French are colossal connards. After about six weeks all I wanted was for someone to suffer needlessly and that I be the cause of it.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

JustJeff88 posted:

I don't know how anyone can stand to live in Paris... or afford to, but that's another story. I've lived in two large cities in my life, both French speaking, and despite speaking excellent French I was nearly insane after two months. No wonder people who go there for tourism think that all of the French are colossal connards. After about six weeks all I wanted was for someone to suffer needlessly and that I be the cause of it.

I had a good time when I stayed in Paris vOv. Maybe you had a negative experience with transportation or stayed in a bad neighborhood.
Granted after 1 week i couldnt stand motorists and their relentless use of the horn, as well as all the bullshit from scooters.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Speaking as a Frenchman living near Paris and as a connard myself, it's just something you gotta get used to. The secret is to interact with as few people as possible and throw hostile looks at everyone.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Speaking as a Frenchman living near Paris and as a connard myself, it's just something you gotta get used to. The secret is to interact with as few people as possible and throw hostile looks at everyone.
Groland had a fantastic sketch where a happy nice guy (i think it was Omar Sy) was treated like sub human poo poo in the capital for being overly polite until he started doing exactly that and stopped smiling and started treating his follow man like poo poo.
Edit: found it. Of course it's called integration.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 4, 2017

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/leLab_E1/status/881922435356004353

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

I'm pretty sure Macron sees himself more as a XIV kind of Louis, méluche...

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Still works, Louis XIV died of gangrene. It took about two weeks.

https://twitter.com/ait35736313/status/882124051820367873

That bit from yesterday's speech is extra nice. Let's replace concrete welfare programs with meaningless buzzwords, this will solve everything.

Edit: Bonus Manuel Valls

https://twitter.com/JJBourdin_RMC/status/882130792473911296

Kassad fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 4, 2017

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

Kassad posted:

That bit from yesterday's speech is extra nice. Let's replace concrete welfare programs with meaningless buzzwords, this will solve everything.

RSA cancelled, Pôle emploi now distributing free bootstraps !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what are the odds manuel valls will join the front national in the next 10 years