Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
MH collab when? Need to burn my eggs not getting Diablos and then figure out what unit to use with BFFs who do get Diablos. I guess I could/should get one of my 2 Anubis units Revo'd... :effort:

Paul Zuvella posted:

Multiple people are unironically suggesting someone spend $50+ so they can farm plus eggs faster.

I'm suggesting that anyone who doesn't own a tablet should consider the Fire because it's useful and cheap (though it has a pathetically low amount of storage space too). Being able to run an extra account for something like PAD is a nice side effect, too.

I made an alt for PAD but I never play it because I got too much other poo poo to play to want to run double PAD accounts considering my playtime in this is already dwindling. Haven't even fed my D.Athena latents yet either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
RE: Tablet chat

I got the 80 dollar Kindle Fire HD8 or whatever it is. Plays PAD perfectly, but I mostly got it for watching youtube and livestreams away from my computer, which it does really well. It's also a great e-reader too.

Just buy a microSD card if you desperately need the storage for it, you can get a 64 GB one for 30 bucks and that should be more than enough.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Got my jammer snek. Now to do it again on my alt! :negative: So frustrating flubbing the 10c board on the last 2 combos.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

robbob posted:

Got my jammer snek. Now to do it again on my alt! :negative: So frustrating flubbing the 10c board on the last 2 combos.

Like there is a real easy one-shot challenge coming in a couple of weeks that gives you a jammer snek. And after another 2 months you'll be able to evolve a regular snek into the new one anyways.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gotta get them stones for monster hunter tho

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Yeah I think I am doing it less for the snek and more just because I hate leaving something not complete. Plus need dem stones.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
Snek isn't even a cute waifu snek so of course you'd only do it for the stones.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Echidna is the original snek waifu and I probably spent more stones max skulking her 4 years ago than I have on most poo poo in this game.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I did it, took a lot of tries until I finally sat down and mapped out a full solution over like 20 minutes for each board on the last two floors, then practiced a few times on a tablet to make sure my solutions were repeatable.

For some fun, here's my boards on the last two floors, so you can also join in the fun:

http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=O89G8t0
http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=Bs2v950 (fixed starting location at the top left orb)

My solutions:
http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=g6MmSi1
http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=DOj6Tn1

The most stressful PAD experience of my life.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I think I may just be too poo poo for this dungeon.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

dwarf74 posted:

I think I may just be too poo poo for this dungeon.

I'm struggling in floor 5 with Dathena. FML.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Munkaboo posted:

Apparently the last floor can be something out than Diza but I've yet to see proof of it.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Munkaboo posted:

What part of it?

I'm stuck on floor 7, haven't gotten past Extreme King Metal Dragon yet because of being bad

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I can't beat Floor 8. Zeus-Dios just fucks my poo poo up.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I ended up doing 4 with Awoken Astaroth of all things. I don't remember what I used to actually get through 5 but I tried a bunch of stuff.

Now I'm on 6 and I'm not sure what's my best bet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Battle Pigeon posted:

What part of it?

I'm stuck on floor 7, haven't gotten past Extreme King Metal Dragon yet because of being bad

I had trouble with dark izanami on floor 5 personally because I'm bad

idk what the light version even does because I never got her

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The light one is loving free

Diza on the other hand might as well give up and try to roll Liza instead

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Yeah I got Liza the very first time and didn't have any trouble. I got Diza on my alt and the disparity in difficulty between the two is pretty ridiculous.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
I've beaten 5 and 6 with RaDra, and I would've finally beaten 7 this morning if I activated Carat on the boss, instead of not doing that for some reason.

Every other time I've made it, I full combo the board for between 7-9 combos, and don't get the skyfall help to beat the combo shield, then I exhaust my board changes and die to poison :negative:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I cheesed past 7's final floor with two DAthena delays and board changes, just randomly worked out that my skills happened to be charged in time, somehow. Never managed more than 9 combos (followed by no skyfalls) so couldn't beat the shield legit. Not complaining

GoodBee posted:

I ended up doing 4 with Awoken Astaroth of all things. I don't remember what I used to actually get through 5 but I tried a bunch of stuff.

Now I'm on 6 and I'm not sure what's my best bet.

I used ABastet, it was great not having to deal with poison all the time

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

I can't beat Floor 8. Zeus-Dios just fucks my poo poo up.

Shaitan inherit was key for my 8 clear. I used Dathena(Ryune)/Diaochan(Shaitan)/Haku(Force)/Haku(Famiel)/Loki(Dark Indian 2 guy)/Dathena(Typhana). I got the green sorceress and stalled for skills on her, then used Force on the puppeteer. I spiked the second to last floor when his shield went down with Typhana/Loki. I made sure to heal to full with the Typhana board. For Dios I healed first and let him use the lock/absorb. I left hearts/dark/water locked until after the first two hits. His hits are exactly half of the preemptive so you can tank two hits if you can survive the preemptive without a shield. Then I healed and took a third hit, then used Shaitan for another 3 turns of invulnerability. His shield went down and I had 2 Haku actives by that point so he went down.

I'm stuck on the white snake and haven't been able to clear the bomb board yet.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

GungHo posted:

*Leaderfest Arrives!*
[Duration]: 7/7 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 7/13 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (UTC-8)

Some of the most popular leader monsters will be featured in this Rare Egg Machine at 3x Rates and appear at Lv. MAX! The Leaderfest’s featured monsters are unevolved base versions of the most used leaders from 1/1 to 6/20 of this year.

*Featured Popular Leaders at 3x Rates and Lv. MAX*

★6
Phantom God, Odin
White Beast Demon, Ilm

★5
Great Earl of Hell, Ronove
Scarlet Dragon Caller, Tsubaki
Red Dragonbound, Gadius
Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
The Norn Urd
Krishna
Liu Bei
Shiva
Ra
Minerva
Ganesha
Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
Sarasvati

No Anubis on this list, smdh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ilm is the only one of those that I might use as a leader at this point (liu bei too I guess but I already don't use my current farming leads so eh). kinda weak as far as bait goes

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Whew, finally beat the snake dungeon.

Fl 7: anubis
Fl 8: radra (hey, still useful)
Fl 9: anubis (stoned on Loki because I wanted to get to floor 10)

Fl 10: gosh this was tough. I flubbed a lot of the bomb board and even some of the jammer ones.

For the bomb game I went with a 5/3 bomb split as it was getting me less moves than a 4/4 split. Still 75 but didn't flub this time.
http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=p8S1aw2

Got super lucky with the 10 combo board and so the first time I got to it was also when I beat it.
53 moves gave plenty of time so I didn't try to hard to refine it.
http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=yQl3Vh2

I thought I had a two fenrir viz but either I never did or I sold one so I guess I won't be making any hot jammer teams for the time being.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Got my White Snake! Combo Master was the MVP app for my skill level. There's no way I could have solved those boards on the fly without practicing and finding different solutions. I spent about 35 minutes practicing the last board before I found a cascade that made it a lot easier.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

No Anubis on this list, smdh

Yeah, I use Ronia all the time. And I can't believe AMC is making us wait a year for the final half-season of Breaking Bad.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Reading the layout of the snake level - is there a reason you can't just laser the motherfucker? 60 HP!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Reading the layout of the snake level - is there a reason you can't just laser the motherfucker? 60 HP!

The final level uses a fixed team of six tamadras, there are no lasers.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Olothreutes posted:

The final level uses a fixed team of six tamadras, there are no lasers.

Aha. I knew it had to be something.

Not that it matters. I'm still choking on floor 5.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Should I buy Ragnarok Dragon or Odin Dragon?

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
That's a very 2015 lineup of "popular" leaders. I don't really ever remember seeing more than one or two Tsubakis or Gadiuses on my friends list, though.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Monster Hunter collab on Monday!

I've been IAP free for a long time now but the Special One Time Bargain Set is back, so thought it could be worth getting... until seeing the price, £5/$6.50 for just ten stones and a REM pull haha no

Used to be £2.99 for six stones when I started playing, now it's £4.99

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lol 50 stamina for a noel is an extremely cool event, together with tama gacha means everything gets maxed during a short commute

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the buffs for those collab cards are nice. glad that the active buff hits normal kanna as well

kinda want an xmas kali now. she's basically a red ra dragon as far as I can tell

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Zo posted:

lol 50 stamina for a noel is an extremely cool event, together with tama gacha means everything gets maxed during a short commute

'~'

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

the buffs for those collab cards are nice. glad that the active buff hits normal kanna as well

kinda want an xmas kali now. she's basically a red ra dragon as far as I can tell

Ra Dragon 2.25/144/2.25 for gods

Red Kali 2.25/225/2.25 for Gods and Dragons

She is way loving better than Ra Dragon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o drat I thought ra dragon was 225. don't have one so I was going off of (apparently faulty) memory

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

While I do appreciate SS Isis finally getting another prong, I'm just the teeeeeeensiest-bit annoyed she didn't also get a huge leader or active buff like the rest in that group got, or at least a third typing.

Also, up to floor 7 on white snake dungeon w/ D.Athena. Took quite a few more tries than I was expecting to get past floor 5 (Hallraune helped on the last floor w/ L.Izanami's bind), then floor 6 wasn't nearly as bad (Diaochan was a big help throughout).

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Plorkyeran posted:

That's a very 2015 lineup of "popular" leaders. I don't really ever remember seeing more than one or two Tsubakis or Gadiuses on my friends list, though.

It also seems a little red heavy. I wonder how they count how popular the leaders are?

I do know that when I'm burning stamina and I don't care what my friend leader is, I'll sort by favorites and just use my BFFs down the line. So if my BFF has 3 leaders up and one is red, I'll use the red one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

I have to check if I have any decent unconditional leader in my box