Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

whypick1 posted:

Same, for "LauraHallAndLindaTaylor"

This came from a highlighted chest on Twilight Strand. What the what? :psyduck:

It sounds like they're trying to cram "THIS IS HOW SUPPORT GEMS WORK MOTHERFUCKER" down your throat. The chest has been empty since beta started.

Considering how important the concept is to this game, and knowing how stupid the average gamer is, it's probably necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
I started a beta guild. Message "Aedstillenjoysfire" for invite. I'll promote some peeps when I sign off so hopefully we can get it going.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Hopefully they don't upped the limit in the guild for the beta, otherwise rip

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Since Pierce support gem no longer seems completely broken, I think I will go ele wander using the new Immolate support gem. That should synergize nicely with a Piscator's. KB-WED-GMP-Immolate as the pack clearing 4-link, Barrage-WED-Immolate-Added Lightning-Added Cold-ICD(?) for single target. Though what's good as single target for Barrage elewander?

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 4, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kevos Setzer posted:

It sounds like they're trying to cram "THIS IS HOW SUPPORT GEMS WORK MOTHERFUCKER" down your throat. The chest has been empty since beta started.

Considering how important the concept is to this game, and knowing how stupid the average gamer is, it's probably necessary.

Having LA-LMP-Pierce before Merveil also owns bones. :black101:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
As usual, reddit is filled with salty manchildren crying about every new change being discovered in the newest beta. Not sure what I expected really.

edit: ggg are the worst devs, game is dead *logs in and plays for 10 hours daily*

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

did they remove the passive tree highlight thing?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

nightwisher posted:

As usual, reddit is filled with salty manchildren crying about every new change being discovered in the newest beta. Not sure what I expected really.

edit: ggg are the worst devs, game is dead *logs in and plays for 10 hours daily*

ProjectPT account spotted

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

whypick1 posted:

ProjectPT account spotted

lol he's streaming xcom to about 26 viewers, how the (not) mighty have fallen

Bring on a massive meta-shift GGG, I'm ready

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man there were a ton of new supports added

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
BTW if anyone wants my Mayhem gear just ask:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/HarryBalzac/characters

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

queeb posted:

man there were a ton of new supports added

Is it just Arcane Surge, Ruthless, and a reworked Pierce?
Also lmao at reddit whining about how projectiles are ruined when they were just complaining about how aoe nerfs make projectiles the only useful skills like 3 days ago.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If it pisses off reddit it must be good.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

The servers have apparently exploded.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Someone add me on Meat_Wand on 3.0 beta

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Same, if there's space in any goon guilds, I'm ProfessionalAtWork

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Goon beta guild invite, please. Dza_BetaWitch

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Beta invite for me as well please, RiskRunningBetaAgain

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Count Uvula posted:

Is it just Arcane Surge, Ruthless, and a reworked Pierce?
Also lmao at reddit whining about how projectiles are ruined when they were just complaining about how aoe nerfs make projectiles the only useful skills like 3 days ago.

lol for Legacy I first played an expensive LL WI build following a popular guide and it was shocking how garbage the AoE was even with a few nodes and the inc AoE gem, then I made my own garbage Magma Orb build and it was a thousand times better at clearing, and felt actually good to play because projectiles own

I also played ED before the AoE nerfs and contagion was garbage to use because of its tiny radius even then

aoe change bad, they should just nerf actual problem skills instead of making skills like the above play horribly

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated
Looking for Beta guild invite. In as: FlyingSpaghetti

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

I also played ED before the AoE nerfs and contagion was garbage to use because of its tiny radius even then

Ehhhhh. I played ED in the SSF HC league a few days ago and got up to like lvl 85 or so before I switched characters to go for a very very longshot demi, and the aoe on contagion felt fine to me to be honest. Only in "players have less area" maps did it feel kind of bad. Right now I'm playing cyclone meatballer, and though it's not what it used to be even here the aoe feels alright. If I wasn't SSF and had access to +weapon range gear cyclone would honestly feel pretty loving great right now.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
In the beta as AnimeSwag if guild invites are still going out.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would also like a beta guild invite. Character name is Vasudus.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I also, Pharnakes.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009
Is there anyone to whisper for a guild invite for beta yet?

If it's all still in the thread and there's still room, can you please invite CytocBeta.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
I guess with Act 8 out I should try the new bosses before I get completely spoiled.

Can I have an invite on EezeeRF?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Is there a good life elementalist frostbolt build? I'm really not trying to do a loving, idk, regen-based ES build with elementalist. Really just trying to figure out a defense situation for a life-based caster

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 4, 2017

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Mind over Matter with Eldritch Battery is a decent life based defense. Makes mana a lot easier to manage too.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Whisper "Monkey" if you want an invite. Will be on for another good four or five hours. I am spectrally throwing rapiers at things in act 8 right now.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the idea of level 1 support gems.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Elentor posted:

I like the idea of level 1 support gems.

:yeah:

The ones on offer at level 1 seem like good introductory supports as well. A new player will really be able to feel their effect compared to their first skill unsupported.

Act 8 feels significantly higher effort than 6 or 7 do, and a lot less like a re-hash of its respective earlier act. Lunaris temple is really drat pretty, as is the bath house.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Levelling as an archer feels really good as well, getting an early lightning arrow-pierce-LMP set up demolishes packs, and does fine single target if you can back them against a wall.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I think I had Raiz streaming when the servers went back up with act 8 and oh boy was there a whole pile of :qq: from him and his chat over the changes to the pierce support and pierce nodes in the tree.

I'm not totally sure why, though I did agree with the :wtf: reactions over shrapnel shot's native pierce being removed.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Whatever happened with shrapnel shot is weird, tooltip says it pierces 5, but it doesn't work. Probably a bug.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

Whatever happened with shrapnel shot is weird, tooltip says it pierces 5, but it doesn't work. Probably a bug.
It's a known bug yea, it got messed up with all the pierce changes.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Some of the new supports look potentially broken or must have, Ruthless blow on SRS stunlocking everything they swarm, arcane surge on a movement skill for 40% more damage all the time.

And righteous fire got some hefty nerfs which probably had it coming with how many new things just synergize greatly with it.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Some of the new supports look potentially broken or must have, Ruthless blow on SRS stunlocking everything they swarm, arcane surge on a movement skill for 40% more damage all the time.

And righteous fire got some hefty nerfs which probably had it coming with how many new things just synergize greatly with it.

Holy poo poo I gotta try this. Just need to grab a studded belt for threshold reduction.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Phobophilia posted:

Holy poo poo I gotta try this. Just need to grab a studded belt for threshold reduction.

I don't think minions use your own stun threshold :v:

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Day 2 of the beta down. Level 68 spectral throw raider. Act 8 was pretty good, though it does start with a sewer level. What is it with video games and sewers?

The zone right before the final act8 boss seems to be the best place to grind pre-maps now. It is level 60, and is completely straight. Moreover, it has entrances on both sides of the zone. Makes it easy to run through in one direction, come back in and run through in the other direction.

This is my first time playing raider. I have to say, it seems pretty powerful. I like the easy frenzy charge generation, and they are easy to keep up. Great move and attack speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Any one know if that low level claw that triggers abyssal cry on hit in the new beta triggers the zerker war cry passive? Could make a cool regen option when used with shield charge if you are going rf totems.

• Locked thread