Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Will someone ever want more than one Dark Knight's Soul ? I have three Leon right now, so grinding them all at the same time would really cut down on time if I were to combine them.

it doesnt stack, but on the other hand anyone who wants dark knight's soul, i mean if you get another unit that one will want one too? i could definitely see farming up multiples of it, i wouldn't smoosh any of them together when you only have three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Currently the heavy hitters that can make the best use of DKS are Greg, Orlandu, Luneth, Reberta, and now Tidus. Orlandu is still better with Genji/Excal though due to elemental whatnot. So if you have two of those guys, you'll want two DKS, other than that though probably not.

Honorable mention goes to Dark Knight Cecil, Lightning, Lasswell, and Fryevia, but they're less attractive for various reasons.

\/\/\/ - Greg is my finisher, not a chainer (yet). Snowpetal is no joke as a finishing move

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 5, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Luneth is the guy can most use DKS and its because hes a combo finisher so he doesnt care about what element the weapon is. Greg is a chainer that cant imperil, so hes at the mercy of whoever is your main chainerand has to gear to match them.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Currently the heavy hitters that can make the best use of DKS are Greg, Orlandu, Luneth, Reberta, and now Tidus. Orlandu is still better with Genji/Excal though due to elemental whatnot. So if you have two of those guys, you'll want two DKS, other than that though probably not.

Honorable mention goes to Dark Knight Cecil, Lightning, Lasswell, and Fryevia, but they're less attractive for various reasons.

6* garland can also make use of it if you opt for a dual weild build instead of a doublehand one, especialy since his doublehand enhancements arent available yet. Also works as a good use for moonblade.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you dont want to use blade mastery on aileen it's probably fine for her too. actually any dps who wears heavy armor and can wield greatswords, since apocalypse is freely available 103 attack greatsword. the katana from the gilgamesh trial is free also sort of, but not as easy to attain. i will probably grind out a dark knight's soul before a second blade mastery at any rate

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I suck at picking a team that synergizes well together. With the list below is there a team that I should be concentrating on?

Trance Terra
Luneth (2)
WoL (4)
Rain
Luka
Moogle(3)
Fina
Mercedes
Nine
Zyrus
Lasswell
Cerius(2)
Kefka

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

if you dont want to use blade mastery on aileen it's probably fine for her too. actually any dps who wears heavy armor and can wield greatswords, since apocalypse is freely available 103 attack greatsword. the katana from the gilgamesh trial is free also sort of, but not as easy to attain. i will probably grind out a dark knight's soul before a second blade mastery at any rate

DKS is for regular swords, not greatswords

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I thought Gilgamesh was a good finisher?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The best finisher for a long rear end time is coming up in the FF12 banner. Balthier (the rainbow pull of course...) will squeeze out Olive in terms of raw damage and exceed her in that he will have access to multiple elemental finishes and not just lightning. But if you already have Olive, it's not that big a deal.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I thought Gilgamesh was a good finisher?

No he isn't, the effective modifier for his finisher attack isnt that good even post enhancements. His real use is chaining with himself post enhancements.

Cartoon Man posted:

The best finisher for a long rear end time is coming up in the FF12 banner. Balthier (the rainbow pull of course...) will squeeze out Olive in terms of raw damage and exceed her in that he will have access to multiple elemental finishes and not just lightning. But if you already have Olive, it's not that big a deal.

His finisher is only slightly stronger than Olives in modifier but Olive has innate double hand which stacks further with her own gun. I think Olive comes up on top in raw 1st or 2nd turn damage but if Balthier procs his counter finisher then he'll easily outdamage her.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 5, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for practicality sake firion is probably worth building as a finisher unless you have an absolutely no doubt finisher already, and he's more versatile than several of those anyhow.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No he isn't, the effective modifier for his finisher attack isnt that good even post enhancements. His real use is chaining with himself post enhancements.

After enhancements his finishing move is 200% damage with 65% def ignore.. that's hardly "not a good finisher"

\/\/\/ - No, you shouldn't I'm using him as my finisher right now as well and he's great.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 5, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've been using Gilgamesh this whole time as a finisher because I was told he was great in that role. Guess I should switch Firion back in when I need one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

McSpankWich posted:

\/\/\/ - Greg is my finisher, not a chainer (yet). Snowpetal is no joke as a finishing move

So my hot take on dark knight soul is that it's best for like, backup DPS? Since your biggest hitter is likely going to be the guy with genji blade and an excalibur, whether it's Orlandeu or not. My second Orlandeu is probably going to wield Brotherhood, Excalibur and use DKS instead of Blade Mastery.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

McSpankWich posted:

After enhancements his finishing move is 200% damage with 65% def ignore.. that's hardly "not a good finisher"

\/\/\/ - No, you shouldn't I'm using him as my finisher right now as well and he's great.

Compared to Balthiers and veritas of fire %500 50 def ignore or Luneths and Noctis %550 modifier 50 def ignore?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Compared to Balthiers and veritas of fire %500 50 def ignore or Luneths and Noctis %550 modifier 50 def ignore?

Oh yea I'll level up one of those guys and replace Greg with right now, thanks for the advice

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Swing and a miss!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6l8r39/ffx_tidus_pulls_a_dolphin_horror_story/

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok lets flash forward a few months.

Greg is a passable finisher if you dont have:

1)Sage Sakura
2)Noctis
3)2B
4)Cloud
5)Olive
6)Yuna
7)Luneth
8)Balthier
9)Lucii T.Terra
10)Flame Veritas
11)Nyx
12)FI Lasswel
13) Kevin
14)Garnet

Im going to say this last banner/event has been a godsend and I will never complain about this game ever again (Until I fail horribly to pull Sage Sakura)

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
After reading that, I am glad I have hit my ceiling on money to spend in this game.

$950 is ridiculous for a single unit is ridiculous.

At least it isn't Final Fantasy XV New Empire money I hear being thrown around, only to get hosed by no notice guild splits and "server mergers"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

You know what would be the ultimate scheme for mobile games? Limited supply units. Not just time limited, but characters that only like, ten thousand players could get or something ensuring a whale arms-race to get the limited edition crossdressing cloud or whatever.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Topps did that with their Star Wars Collectable Cards app. It's not a game. You just get digital versions of the old Topps trading cards. Then, they take a few, add dumb filters to them, and only "release", like, 100.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gumi's gonna change the Raid Coin Summon during the next Maint:

FFBE posted:

Hi All!

We will be increasing the number of multi-summon on King Mog Raid from 10 to 50 times or from 1000 to 5000 King Mog Raid Coins on the next maintenance!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ok lets flash forward a few months.

Greg is a passable finisher if you dont have:

1)Sage Sakura
2)Noctis
3)2B
4)Cloud
5)Olive
6)Yuna
7)Luneth
8)Balthier
9)Lucii T.Terra
10)Flame Veritas
11)Nyx
12)FI Lasswel
13) Kevin
14)Garnet

Im going to say this last banner/event has been a godsend and I will never complain about this game ever again (Until I fail horribly to pull Sage Sakura)

I'd rather have White Lotus Fina, but I think that applies to everyone.

Kheldarn posted:

Topps did that with their Star Wars Collectable Cards app. It's not a game. You just get digital versions of the old Topps trading cards. Then, they take a few, add dumb filters to them, and only "release", like, 100.

Even if players (and governments like Japan's) didn't lash out severely at it it would be against a developer's best interest to do that because as soon as all the units are pulled nobody else is going to spend money chasing it and anyone who spent money after the unit limit was hit and they weren't warned off would be a potential legal liability.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Someone on YouTube wanted to know how to make a macro to chain multiple Tidus and whoever else. Here's my guide for how I made the macro I posted.

quote:

I could just post the code but it's probably easier if you make for own since my isn't optimized for my Olives and I just manually click them into the chain.
Here's how I made mine:
1) in Nox open Keyboard Controls, the second button on the right side bar. Drag the button lableled A, on top of Tidus, the label it 1. Drag another button onto your friend slot (Tidus) and label it 2, then do the same for Olive and label it 3. Save the placements by pressing the button that looks like a disc next to the [X] button. Then click the [x] to close.

2) Start a battle, queue up all the abilities you want to use, then open the macro recorder. Start a recording and press 1,2,3. Once you see that all your clicks have happened stop the recording and save. You'll probably have noticed that you didn't get the chain, that's ok.

3) In windows, navigate to where Nox stores the macros. Should be C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Nox\record Open the macro you just recorded, identifiable by the date, in notepad. You'll see a bunch of text like this:

0ScRiPtSePaRaToR1280|720|MULTI:1:0:1100:205ScRiPtSePaRaToR1980
0ScRiPtSePaRaToR1280|720|MULTI:0:6ScRiPtSePaRaToR2132
0ScRiPtSePaRaToR1280|720|MULTI:0:6ScRiPtSePaRaToR2132
0ScRiPtSePaRaToR1280|720|MULTI:0:1ScRiPtSePaRaToR2132
0ScRiPtSePaRaToR1280|720|MSBRL:1629738:-391472ScRiPtSePaRaToR2132
0ScRiPtSePaRaToR1280|720|MULTI:1:0:834:567ScRiPtSePaRaToR2012
0ScRiPtSePaRaToR1280|720|MULTI:0:6ScRiPtSePaRaToR2140
0ScRiPtSePaRaToR1280|720|MULTI:0:6ScRiPtSePaRaToR2140
0ScRiPtSePaRaToR1280|720|MULTI:0:1ScRiPtSePaRaToR2140
0ScRiPtSePaRaToR1280|720|MSBRL:1629738:-391472ScRiPtSePaRaToR2140

This is the script I use to activate two Tidus one after another, just pressing the button quickly. The key here is the last number at the end of each line. For example the number 1980 in the first line, that's the time in miliseconds from after the macro has started that this command will happen. The line with MSBRL is when the button will release and the click will occur. These are the numbers you're going to be changing.

I edited these values to be as closer together meaning that the command will be input quicker than I could physically do it. Adding an Olive into the mix, doesn't make it any harder you'll just need to figure out when she can jump in the chain. I would guess she can be activated after the Tidus because they chain for quite a while but possibly still too fast for her, in which case activate her first. You can copy my time values, though I don't guarantee they'll always work, I've come across a couple Tidus that won't chain for some reason, maybe they were single wielding and I didn't notice. Anyway, once you've change the numbers save it. Switch back to Nox and run the Macro and see if it's fast enough.

*Math Note*
Exvius plays at 60FPS. The time values in Nox are listed in miliseconds. This means you'll have 1 frame every 16-17 miliseconds. Tidus hits are 5 frames apart at their shortest length, meaning that multiple Tidus need to have their values set less than 80 miliseconds from one another. In my example I went for 8ms(2032 & 2140)

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 5, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This Moogle event isn't terrible. especially for newer players. Here's why.

Mog Song can let a unit perform mana battery duty in a pinch. It's very limited, however. For a newer player, not terrible.

Mog Step can provide emergency/downtime heals heals from non-healer units. Not terrible for newer players.

Mog Search is just a free Libra. Can craft multiples. At the very least can bulk up your crafting achievements.

Moogle Cape grants+5% HP and Magic Evade 10%, is stackable, and can be crafted multiple times.

Moogle Crown protects against Petrify, and can be crafted multiple times.

Moogle Spear has +82 ATK, +1 LB crystal per turn, and can be crafted multiple times. It has the highest non-TMR ATK for a spear, which it shares with Holy Lance from the Fat Chocobo, and is easily obtained from the Moogle gacha materials.

(Moogle Crown, Spear, and Cape provide some additional stat boost effects to the Moogle unit, nothing too crazy though. They have their uses on regular units.)

Mog Rise is +20% HP and +10% MP, and it's too bad you can only craft it once, as it requires a White Slate, which you only get one of as event rewards.

There are 20% worth of Moogles available for fusing, as well as all those pots.

The Moogle unit comes up pretty frequently in the raid gacha, and isn't terrible either. It's 6* capable, can cover all elements, and has all the healing spells you want except for Raise. It's a decent Red Mage, basically, and you should keep a couple for if you want to do elemental stuff.

The best part for the Moogle Unit is it's TMR, Mog Wisdom, which you WILL get a couple of if you do the raid and use the gacha. Mog Wisdom raises a unit's LB full rate by 50%, and is not stackable. It's great for units like Rikku, Cecil, and Kelsus who you want to be LB-ed up at all times.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 5, 2017

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

hamsystem posted:

Put up my solo Gilgamesh trial Noctis for a friend if anyone still needs it. Just turn on auto attack and check back in about 40 minutes, maybe sooner if you want to try and get the limit best kill.

This still up? Any chance I could get an invite?

My ID is 522,739,727. Feel free to add me anyone, though all I really have to offer is a subpar Aileen.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Hortism posted:

This still up? Any chance I could get an invite?

My ID is 522,739,727. Feel free to add me anyone, though all I really have to offer is a subpar Aileen.

Sent you a request.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You are assuming Noct gets his full power back at some point. Which would be awesome, but I don't think it is some foregone conclusion is it?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I'd kill for that too- I obviously can't offer any quality units either, but I'd appreciate any help.
ID 537,634,507
Thanks for the team-selection advice earlier as well.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

hamsystem posted:

Sent you a request.

Thanks, he's very slowly doing the trick!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I'd kill for that too- I obviously can't offer any quality units either, but I'd appreciate any help.
ID 537,634,507
Thanks for the team-selection advice earlier as well.

Got you.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey goon friends, if any of y'all don't have me friended and do have an aileen friend unit please hit me up 180,869,786

i don't have her totally whaled out but i do have artisan on her and an 806 attack with spirit slayer currently, and she is pretty hard to chain but man just a pair of her very nearly one shot elite mog king when everything lines up correctly on the chain. i've noticed that having aileen in the second slot in the party seems to really help since it appears her piledriver animation frames are heavily influenced by position of the monster / her position in the group

edit: actually anyone is welcome to go ahead and add, i have some people i can kick off my list who haven't played in awhile

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Feel free to hit me up, my friend code is just above.

My Aileen only goes to mid 600 though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I have a question about evasion; how do you tell if you have 100% evasion or whatever? I was morbidly curious about trying to make a max evasion unit at some point.
EDIT: I kind of want Zargabaath because that Rejuvenate seems like it could combo hilariously with Tilith for infinite MP. Are we still like a year out from Cloud?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jul 5, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FF12 incoming next week.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Nuebot posted:

I have a question about evasion; how do you tell if you have 100% evasion or whatever? I was morbidly curious about trying to make a max evasion unit at some point.
EDIT: I kind of want Zargabaath because that Rejuvenate seems like it could combo hilariously with Tilith for infinite MP. Are we still like a year out from Cloud?

There's a link to the Dodge Mega post in the OP, and it's like the 5th post down on the first page.

edit: Tidus can solo Dark Espers ELT

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 5, 2017

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I finally set up the TMR macro thing yesterday, let it run overnight, and came to a realization: It's going to take 35 days straight of farming to get a unit from 0 to 100%, based on getting just 1 energy per 5 minutes.

I can understand the whole fusing same units thing, it's how I got a bunch of passives so far throughout the Titan raid event that was just spitting out Thancreds and others left and right. But how the gently caress are you guys actually getting TMs from rare units, like Tidus?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

You set the macro to burn lapis to refill your energy and farm faster.

So, basically, you funnel actual money into a big furnace.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Office Thug posted:

I finally set up the TMR macro thing yesterday, let it run overnight, and came to a realization: It's going to take 35 days straight of farming to get a unit from 0 to 100%, based on getting just 1 energy per 5 minutes.

I can understand the whole fusing same units thing, it's how I got a bunch of passives so far throughout the Titan raid event that was just spitting out Thancreds and others left and right. But how the gently caress are you guys actually getting TMs from rare units, like Tidus?

You get to the point that you dont need to do daily pulls anymore and the lapis you accumulate is infinitely better spent to just run TM macros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Wow, no Balthier and Panelo isn't a bonus unit?

• Locked thread