Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
I think the only thing I would legit complain about has been mentioned before: as you progress, the game becomes more straightforward. While on the plateau, you could kill enemies with just about anything and you could be supremely creative. Once enemies become damage sponges, all of the wacky/creative stuff gets replaced with basic hack n' slash.

All the outside-the-box thinking and "holy poo poo, that actually worked" pretty much goes away by endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Calaveron posted:

So months after the game's release, what are some things you can now objectively and fairly complain about?
Aside from obvious stuff that everyone complained about a million times, I feel like the ending could've been better. Most other Zeldas featured a montage during the credits about what happened after the adventure. It would've been really neat to see some scenes in BotW, maybe with some added based on quests that you completed. Instead it's like 2 scenes that aren't even that interesting.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks Mezzanine
I used 20EX55TVSZRYA4TWS2WL7ZS. I noticed another was claimed so I believe this is the remaining list:

X87E8SP1GVFEP6P5VR4TATX
CPM85VHUUW6NL5M33CNHEDN
8NF7LQW94P5ME9UZSPFTHDQ
ZR5D71ZEDUQW299L6UY8PRQ
8MSPM4TA0U47SRF9W43MDYL

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I don't get why this is significant. Is there a difference between an elixir and just making defense food?

Elixirs can have longer effect duration than food, which is capped at 4 minutes 10 seconds for attack/defence buffs. That, and this makes the elixir bugs actually useful instead of something you'll cook a lovely elixir with every now and then.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Vookatos posted:

Aside from obvious stuff that everyone complained about a million times, I feel like the ending could've been better. Most other Zeldas featured a montage during the credits about what happened after the adventure. It would've been really neat to see some scenes in BotW, maybe with some added based on quests that you completed. Instead it's like 2 scenes that aren't even that interesting.

Well the ending has them going to check up on Vah Ruta so ostensibly the DLC will deal with that

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Calaveron posted:

Well the ending has them going to check up on Vah Ruta so ostensibly the DLC will deal with that

I think it's much more likely to be a prequel; given the focus on the champions

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.
Used 8MSPM4TA0U47SRF9W43MDYL thank you very much!

The ones left are:

X87E8SP1GVFEP6P5VR4TATX
CPM85VHUUW6NL5M33CNHEDN
8NF7LQW94P5ME9UZSPFTHDQ
ZR5D71ZEDUQW299L6UY8PRQ

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They can't do anything in the future because clearly Link needs to exhaustively explore Termina next.

idk maybe Hestu can get lost there for you to look for.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Phantasium posted:

They can't do anything in the future because clearly Link needs to exhaustively explore Termina next.

idk maybe Hestu can get lost there for you to look for.

Find 900 more of his little turds in 3 days OR

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Used the top one, the remaining ones are:

CPM85VHUUW6NL5M33CNHEDN
8NF7LQW94P5ME9UZSPFTHDQ
ZR5D71ZEDUQW299L6UY8PRQ

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Rhgr posted:

The ones left are:

CPM85VHUUW6NL5M33CNHEDN

Used that one, thanks a lot!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I want a Majora's Mask sequel.

Or just bring back Goron Link

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Calaveron posted:

So months after the game's release, what are some things you can now objectively and fairly complain about?
For me it's
- Cooking can be a pain in the rear end and critical cooking is way too infrequent. Like I think I only got it 3 times in over 150 hours
- A lot of the weapons seem to be one offs or only appear in chests which mean once they're broken, that's it (off the top of my head the Korok Sword and the Kite Shield)
- No boss rush mode. Skyward Sword managed to sneak in a boss rush mode why didn't this game
- Goron City, Rito Village and Zora Domain get cool remixed versions of their original themes while Gerudo Town is some generic desert bullshit instead of the cool as hell Gerudo Desert spanish guitar theme from OoT
- Who was the idiot who decided you couldn't upgrade the DLC gear
- Who was the idiot who decided there couldn't be an armor skill that either increased your sprinting speed at day or made you consume less stamina when sprinting
- A lot of cool gear and costumes locked behind amiibos that good loving luck finding unless you're a pirate like Dr Tim Whateley

-Who was the idiot who decided you couldn't upgrade the Dark Link gear?!
-Who was the idiot who decided that there is no armor that negates the crippling slippage when it rains? Especially armor that is explicitly meant for climbing?
-Why can't I stable deer/bears/Stalhorses?
-Why can you only keep 5 horses when there are 7 unique bridles and saddles? Related why is the limit so low when 3 of those are taken up with special horses, two of which can't even change their barding or style their mane?

foosel
Apr 2, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

8NF7LQW94P5ME9UZSPFTHDQ
ZR5D71ZEDUQW299L6UY8PRQ

Just as an FYI, apparently those were taken as well, neither worked anymore. So none left. Ah well :)

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

-Who was the idiot who decided you couldn't upgrade the Dark Link gear?!
-Who was the idiot who decided that there is no armor that negates the crippling slippage when it rains? Especially armor that is explicitly meant for climbing?
-Why can't I stable deer/bears/Stalhorses?
-Why can you only keep 5 horses when there are 7 unique bridles and saddles? Related why is the limit so low when 3 of those are taken up with special horses, two of which can't even change their barding or style their mane?

These are the kinds of things that make me wish it was a PC game. I'd love to see what modders could do with this game.

... Besides giving Link a two foot dick and Zelda z-cup titties, of course.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Also middle trials are impossible because you can't use your bombs for crowd control due to an all encompassing updraft effect
On the other hand, the middle trial has caused me to really up my stasis game.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Reminder: if you don't dye your Of The Wild set purple you are a bad person.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Nephzinho posted:

:yeah:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Shrine Quest shrines should still ping the Sensor, even if you then had to figure out what to do with no hints (if you didn't find the NPC for it I mean)

Roundabout Route
Nov 4, 2009

Pens and swords can
go fuck themselves.

Calaveron posted:

Find 900 more of his little turds in 3 days OR

A giant Tingle sits his fat butt on Clock Town and ends the world

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Shrine Quest shrines should still ping the Sensor, even if you then had to figure out what to do with no hints (if you didn't find the NPC for it I mean)

Some of them, but not all.

I know at least that there's one you get from a quest in the goron city that doesn't.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nephzinho posted:

I didnt even realize you could dye it until after I cleared the master trials.

by the way, gently caress the very final floor of the trials.

Ridgewell
Apr 29, 2009

Ai tolja tahitta ferlip inbaul intada oh'l! Andatdohn meenis ferlip ineer oh'l!

Mezzanine posted:

Sure, why not

Thank you! I was too slow and they were all used up, so I just bought it outright. It's great!

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
Apparently you can buff before entering the Trial of the Sword and it will stay. If I ever play it in hard mode you bet I'm gonna wolf down a 30 minute triple attack power meal.

Also this guy from gamefaqs has a good idea for floor 10:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75532037

quote:

As soon as you enter the area, immediately use stasis+ on the lizalfos archer and try to headshot it, or just unload all of your arrows into it. You just have to make sure he doesn't use his horn at all. Once the archer is dead, you're in the clear.

Sneak over to one of the silver lizalfos and sneak attack it with the 27 damage club from one of the previous floors. Right after you do the first sneak attack, walk to the spot the lizalfos was previously facing, when he gets up, it'll look like he's facing you, but he's actually facing the spot you last hit him from. Their sight range is about a 90 degree angle, and as long as you aren't standing in the same exact spot as your last sneak attack, they will never see you.

When an enemy is hit by a sneak attack, their AI is completely distracted to the spot they were last hit from for several seconds. You can freely walk to the other side of the enemy and consecutively do sneak attacks without any danger. This works on all bokoblins, lizalfos, moblins, etc. You can also use stasis after a sneak attack to give yourself more time to get into position, but it's not required whatsoever.

You can abuse chain sneak attacks like this as long as you're able to connect the first hit without being detected, and without being seen by other enemies.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Phantasium posted:

Some of them, but not all.

I know at least that there's one you get from a quest in the goron city that doesn't.
Oh, my post wasn't clear at all; some don't, but that's my suggestion, they all should :shobon:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oh. oops

yeah I mention the goron one because I found where it was and just assumed it was a normal quest because the stupid thing never pinged.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I can see why they require you to buy the DLC to get the hero's path. It's pretty much the best part of the DLC and there's almost no reason to buy the DLC if the path were free. It definitely feels the most like it was something planned to be in the game and then shoved into DLC at the last second. If the path started as soon as you got the DLC, that would be one thing, but the game has been recording every movement since release. They knew it was coming before the game was released. I'm not really angry about it, but it's kind of lame it's in 20 dollar DLC.

Actually I heard in some youtube video, it's most likely it was a dev tool that they decided to pack into DLC as a novelty. What they apparently did was, during beta testing, they tracked player movements for all the testers, and designed roads and poo poo based on that. Then they added koroks and treasure and other poo poo in, at places that most players didnt go; done as a way to encourage exploration so if you go to some random rear end corner, there's probably still something there for you.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The intermediate Trial of the Sword is sooooo much easier than the beginning one on hard mode. Mostly because the various guardians don't get leveled up.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did Farosh's spawn time get patched? He's not spawning at 5 AM

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yeah, think it's 9am now or something.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

I don't get why this is significant. Is there a difference between an elixir and just making defense food?

Food always heals along with the buff. Elixirs don't always do that (ex: flame proof)

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

He's spawning at 5 AM for me. Though I'm still on my original save, with all patches + DLC. The Reddit post I linked upthread claims that the dragons become regular once you pray at the statue of the appropriate Spring (Courage for Farosh, Wisdom for Naydra, Power for Dinraal) Have you done that yet?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Master Mode Trial of the Sword complete! :getin:

Room 10 of the Beginning Trials is by far the hardest in the whole set. The room with six decayed guardians was also super annoying, but only because I wasn't proactive enough about running and hiding behind each enemy.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
I wish this game was moddable because I really want to change how the weapon economy works. I would decrease all weapon/bow/shield slots down to 1 each, increase durability 5x, increase rarity for the better weapons, and have weapon/shield vendors that sell for very high prices (e.g. 10k for a Royal Broadsword, 500 for a Traveler's Sword). I think this would:

1. Make weapons feel more special without making me hoard and never use them
2. Force me to scavenge once it breaks since I can't just carry 10 copies on me at all times
3. Force me to use a poo poo weapon from an enemy unless I'm really lucky or find a good chest
4. Give me a money sink for late game, and force me make money choices early game (do I spend my money on a weapon, food, or armor?)

As it is, I just have like 10 Royal Broadswords all the time that I go through like candy. I break one and it gets immediately replaced because some baddie invariably has one. I'd rather just have one that lasts longer and is harder to find.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The master sword trials are pretty fun because they're requiring me to actually get good instead of just brute force enemies/avoid them like I did during my playthrough. It took me like 4 tries to beat the beginner trials but by the end I had it so easily handled there wasn't really a question when I got to the final floor.

I can't imagine doing these on master mode without full hearts.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Zoran posted:

Master Mode Trial of the Sword complete! :getin:

Room 10 of the Beginning Trials is by far the hardest in the whole set. The room with six decayed guardians was also super annoying, but only because I wasn't proactive enough about running and hiding behind each enemy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that found that like hitting a brick wall in the face. Room 10 was absolutely devastating and 11 and 12 are jokes because of how easy they are to cheese. I just ended up unloading a bunch of arrows at them.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

the DLC gets a big thumbs up from me, I think it serves new players better than it attracts finished players to return, but that's not a big deal.

Hero's Path is especially cool, I've spent almost 400 hours in Breath of the Wild but it still tracks all the way back to when I woke up in the Shrine of Resurrection- this is because it only tracks the time spent in the overworld, time spent inside shrines is omitted.

Looking forward to starting Master Mode soon, I plan on save-scumming for a full Fierce Deity armour set asap and using Wolf Link way more often

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Nephzinho posted:

Is this a four swords thing? Because I'm struggling here.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Is there a dye that can turn the Cap the same color as the Champion's tunic?

That tunic seems to more of Link's "official" look than the Tunic of the Wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bruceski posted:

vs

useful until you get a fuckton of dragon scales and cook 30 minute duration food buffs :unsmigghh: