Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

by the way the award for Most Vague Patchnote goes to:

Adjusted some behaviors in the game regarding certain characters moves.

There's a separate list for those. Roughly translated:

http://tgzone.giu1i8dldf66c3uzfvh.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Tekken7_v1_03_Character_Adjustments_1.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

quote:

· Increased rigidity time by 10 F.

· The bottom loosening effect was deleted.

· Reduced my stiffness time by 2F.

Because I was not damaged when I guarded some of the mortal work of "Eliza", I fixed it.
In addition, the trouble of the system part was corrected

pretty crazy to remove the bottom loosening effect before evo imo

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Magna Kaser posted:

OK this is a pretty random question. For some background I played a bunch of Tekken with friends casually but never really took any seriously. But with SF5 the way it is and how much I'm liking 7 I'm actually trying to get better.

I've played like a zillion hours of 2D games like SF and KoF and CvS2 and whatever else, and I'm pretty confident in my basics. However in this game I absolutely could not get QCF/QCB moves out reliably. Like the DPs on Akuma and Eliza I could do no problem, but QCF/B I was real bad with.

I told this to a friend who is way more experienced with Tekken when we were playing and he said "oh yeah just try doing half circles" and lo and behold I could get the moves out like 100% of the time after that advice.

Is the timing on these inputs different in Tekken? Am I just real bad??? I thought I was pressing too early since I was normally doing the WS moves when loving up, so I don't know why half circles fix anything

For further reference I'm using a stick and playing as Dragunov, and specifically having issues with his qcf+1 or 2. If I input hcf I get them out pretty much always so I'm just doing that now but it is really weirding me out and I'm obsessing over it.

you should go into training mode and turn on input display, the game will show you why you are fuckin up. Sounds like it is habitual, so it'll take you a little bit to fix it.

you're probably doing d,f+button or df,f+button without realizing it. or maybe the half circle is helping you time your button press, if you're doing that too early or late on a quarter circle

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah I felt like QCF's were different from my usual 2D games too and it made me feel insane when I tried playing characters with them.

I don't know why it works for me but I started having a lot better success rate when I just started focusing on the d, d/f part. I guess that comes back to the guy earlier who said think of it like a stance move, cause yeah it feels very similar to me to doing crouch dash moves (minus the starting f).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lili has a QCF crouch dash/stance and if I try doing it from neutral it's a coin toss whether she does it, but if I do QCF twice in a row the second time she almost always does it

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a trick to dealing with Gigas d+3,2 or is it actually unpunishable except by fc1?

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Can't wait for the PC patch. Ranked matchmaking is getting annoying with all the long pauses from failed connections.

quote:

Changed so that the attack judgment disappears when a certain technique rebounded some of the deadly techniques such as
"Rakugi" 's "Australia wave fist"

uhh what game is this again

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Tournament mode needs some fallback on the scenario the host leaves because he a wuss and can't handle losing the first round match.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
A lot of QCF moves are actually out of a crouchdash stance (and the movelist won't tell you that), so you need to keep that in mind. If you just do them like a hadouken you won't go into crouchdash and therefore you won't get the move to come out.

Jmcrofts posted:

Is there a trick to dealing with Gigas d+3,2 or is it actually unpunishable except by fc1?

The mid is -10 so yeah, actually unpunishable except for fc1.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_IdGVs8v2mt9Tg4eEhyqPoaqR81EUo409uxXUJV5yQk/edit
This is an incredibly good interview

quote:

29 sec - JDCR goes for a iWR2 after throw break, while Saint immediately RAs after and kills him

Saint: “AHHHHHH~~”

JDCR: (To Saulabis) “This is how you listen in to someone’s stick during a game.”

Saulabis: “Ahhh….”

Saint: “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Th- This p-”

JDCR: “Because the Russian Assault input makes a tap-tap sound, he definitely heard and saw it...”

Saint: “(laughs)...out of his mind. This kid’s out of his mind!”

JDCR: “I mean, because Russian Assault goes tap-tap tap…”

Saint: “I mean, how can you be sure of that? You’re a weird one!”

JDCR: “It had to be th- it was definitely listening in on the sticks.”

Saint: “Man, you’re something else! How could I hear your stick? In that sort of intense moment.”

JDCR: “It’s because you can see my lever going tap-tap-tap at that point. And because Russian Assault is a dash input-”

Saint: “How would I know whether it was a Russian Assault or some other f,f move, mister?!”

JDCR: “You used RA because it would probably win against the other options too, of course!”

Saint: “Then you shouldn’t have pressed anything, why did you press a button?”

JDCR: “Because I thought you were going to get up with a kick and I wanted to hit you out of it!”

Saint: “I’m speechless…”

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I hit brawler pretty quick with Josie just by rotating through 4 or 5 different things and knowing how to do 50 damage of juggles.

Offense in general seems to win matches while ranking through the lower ranks. I dunno if real Tekken is suppose to be such a heavy offensive game, but I see time and time again players that have potent offense that utilize quick, safe strings and heavy punishers at reasonably good times, but will absolutely fall apart once you learn to block some of it and start chopping away at the knees. Some don't even attempt to defend, and will 100% of the time run into anything you throw out during or after wake up.

It makes sense to me why people do it, since winning is viewed as the indicator of growth, and learning how to block well in Tekken is a life long process which won't see results for some time. And I don't really mean to say it as a complaint - I'm enjoying Tekken, and want to play it for a long time. Since players have all studied up on their offense, I get to study how to defend against it. It's not very glorious when I look at my rank, but I try to keep in mind that my victories are not recorded in the stats.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Can I just say this game loving rules on PC? Whoever said it runs butter-smooth is completely right, I'm on a mid-range machine with everything cranked up and it looks and plays lovely. I'm completely addicted to Treasure Mode but as yet haven't been brave enough to go online, but I will.

Are there any good resources out there for starting out with Jack-7? I really like his poke game but I'm not really clear on what his gameplan should be just yet. I've found some good tutorials for my other faves at the moment (Kazumi and Gigas) but I'm not having much luck with a good Jack tutorial.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lothire posted:

Offense in general seems to win matches while ranking through the lower ranks. I dunno if real Tekken is suppose to be such a heavy offensive game, but I see time and time again players that have potent offense that utilize quick, safe strings and heavy punishers at reasonably good times, but will absolutely fall apart once you learn to block some of it and start chopping away at the knees. Some don't even attempt to defend, and will 100% of the time run into anything you throw out during or after wake up.

It makes sense to me why people do it, since winning is viewed as the indicator of growth, and learning how to block well in Tekken is a life long process which won't see results for some time. And I don't really mean to say it as a complaint - I'm enjoying Tekken, and want to play it for a long time. Since players have all studied up on their offense, I get to study how to defend against it. It's not very glorious when I look at my rank, but I try to keep in mind that my victories are not recorded in the stats.

It's real annoying when you intentionally back off your offense to practice defending against somebody's offense and then they winquit on you.

I recently discovered the joy of kicking Kazumi's out of the air with Dragunov's extremely long range high kick and boy does it feel good.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 5, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

thorsilver posted:

Can I just say this game loving rules on PC? Whoever said it runs butter-smooth is completely right, I'm on a mid-range machine with everything cranked up and it looks and plays lovely. I'm completely addicted to Treasure Mode but as yet haven't been brave enough to go online, but I will.

Speaking of which, are there any foolproof ways to cheese Treasure Mode? I know the AI was bad enough in Tekken 5 that just about every character had one or two moves that the computer would never be able to dodge/block, but I haven't found any yet for T7.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
kat turbo 3 or 4 with that bound to the okay button, just leave it on until you get the 2k battles needed to get all unlocks

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Speaking of which, are there any foolproof ways to cheese Treasure Mode? I know the AI was bad enough in Tekken 5 that just about every character had one or two moves that the computer would never be able to dodge/block, but I haven't found any yet for T7.

If you knock them away with Kazumi, you can just toss out tigers as they begin to run towards you and they will hit 99% of the time.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

yo mamma a Horus posted:

you should go into training mode and turn on input display, the game will show you why you are fuckin up. Sounds like it is habitual, so it'll take you a little bit to fix it.

you're probably doing d,f+button or df,f+button without realizing it. or maybe the half circle is helping you time your button press, if you're doing that too early or late on a quarter circle

Also if your inputs display perfect in training mode but it's only working some of the time, you may be starting the qcf too soon while still in the recovery animation of the last move. It seems like you can't buffer more than one direction output, so if you input qcf too fast the down input can get eaten up and you'll get a WS, or d,d/b get eaten and you get a standing move. It took me a while to realize this is what was happening.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you play on PC, come join my streamed tournaments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wStwjqxdV8

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Jmcrofts posted:

If you play on PC, come join my streamed tournaments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wStwjqxdV8

Just get online and wait for an invite like the last time?

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Thanks for all the advice. I'm actually glad it is a bit different and I'm not just going crazy.

Booyah- posted:

Also if your inputs display perfect in training mode but it's only working some of the time, you may be starting the qcf too soon while still in the recovery animation of the last move. It seems like you can't buffer more than one direction output, so if you input qcf too fast the down input can get eaten up and you'll get a WS, or d,d/b get eaten and you get a standing move. It took me a while to realize this is what was happening.

My inputs looked OK which added to my frustration, but this makes sense with what was going on, and also why hcf was working for me. Gonna work on this more.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
How do you guys open ppl up as Kat? Fishing for counter hits don't work on good people. Is it just hard 50 50s low mid mix ups? Btw I'm real bad.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Who the hell uses Steam groups in tyool 2017

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

practicing Gigas is so weird because there seems to be no point to trying to do intermediately difficult juggle combos. Launch -> f2 -> 1 -> air grab seems like it'll do more damage than anything fancy you can think of.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/882457069978230784
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/882457587282620416

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
The netcode on PS4 seems much worse after this patch. 4 bar matches are nearly unplayable right now. This is ridiculous

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Email Harada

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqX0KBqxNY8

Tekken Bowling trailer!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Let's do goon tekken bowl ranbats

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I wonder if the robots will be top tier again with their targeting systems and absurd throw speeds

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I got the deluxe edition so I'll probably try it out but that looks so lame.

I wanted the double dragon style beat em up game mode the most.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Crocoswine posted:

practicing Gigas is so weird because there seems to be no point to trying to do intermediately difficult juggle combos. Launch -> f2 -> 1 -> air grab seems like it'll do more damage than anything fancy you can think of.

You get no followups or pressure after air grab and it's really easy to do a lot of damage with other juggles too.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Brosnan posted:

You get no followups or pressure after air grab and it's really easy to do a lot of damage with other juggles too.

Also wall carry

It's similar to Paul where launch x deathfist does 80% of max combo damage

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Trykt posted:

Email Harada

I'm not raging lol. On 5 bars it looks on the screen at times like the frame rate is skipping. It wasn't doing this before the patch my god

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Patch made it better for me on PS4. Every game runs smoothly, and the matching process has definitely been sped up.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/882869058730811392

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/882629803702050817

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/882872759281471488

Guess where the next guest character is coming from.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

attackmole posted:

Guess where the next guest character is coming from.

DBZ Fighters?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
poo poo I was hoping for Kiryu

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Give me Geese or give me death.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo