Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

EmotionlessThug posted:

youre a dang hero

ImPureAwesome posted:

Yeah I appreciate it
It was a blast just re-listening/remembering the bits from that list

e: Also Earwolf.com is actually kind of useful to find episodes. As long as you remember two of the people on the episode you can usually find it pretty quick by going though all episodes of Comedian A and then Ctrl-F for Comedian B

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I totally forgot about one of my favorite scenes ever. PFT talks about bronies. Tough guys talking about My Little Pony. It's episode 147.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ArtVandelay posted:

I totally forgot about one of my favorite scenes ever. PFT talks about bronies. Tough guys talking about My Little Pony. It's episode 147.

"I killed this lil' five year old dude, he kept sayin', 'Lemme at that Coocoo Brains! Mine! Mine!'...I had to do JUSTICE."

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

"I killed this lil' five year old dude, he kept sayin', 'Lemme at that Coocoo Brains! Mine! Mine!'...I had to do JUSTICE."

STEP BACK AND RELAX

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Holy hell, I'm going to listen to this today.

I4H gets mega-props for not being behind the paywall. I don't know if that's from it being Earwolf's blacksheep, or the fact that cheap or free has always been the UCB's motto and Besser won't let that poo poo slide. That and it always having a great cast. If it's a bunch of people I don't know, there's at least one person I know. Plus I always love Matty B

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 6, 2017

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

I'm still amused whenever PFT curses. I don't know why. But he does a lot in this scene.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
This might be a big a shock to someone else as it was to me but Improv4Humans is criminally underappreciated in terms of listeners. I kind of always thought Besser was exaggerating being the underdog but according to the semi-official numbers he's below Hollywood Handbook these days.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/5lois5/earwolf_listener_numbers_bootleg_2016_totals/

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Matt Besser isn't a particularly charismatic guy. I haven't listened to the show aside from a handful of clips, so am I right to assume that he is the only consistent person from one episode to the next?

Aukerman does an admirable job driving CBB solo, but even CBB struggles when one of the unofficial co-hosts aren't available.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Also I imagine when Spontaneanation came out it probably siphoned off the "I just want to listen to improv" folks, what with the far more charismatic and podcast-popular host

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
I listened to a few episodes of i4h after all the recent talk in this thread. It's not great, there's a lot of boring rambling with the occasional joke. Maybe I just don't like improv. Also Besser does seem like a oval office.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I stopped listening to I4H regularly after the, like, 3rd or 4th time he had that trumpet yelling guy on, and then I think had a Case Closed in the same episode, or for a majority of the next or something. So much of the show became filled with stuff that wasn't improv that I couldn't be bothered anymore. And I'm a guy who didn't mind the music episodes.

This is probably my 2nd favorite after the Atlantis one.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Besser hasn't had a Case Closed for a while (except for a pseudo-one about something...the episodes all kind of blend together.) For someone who shares his politics it was just bad Crossballs, which didn't work in the first place.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

I4h is my favorite, it makes me laugh out loud more than any other comedy podcast. Even CBB is boring sometimes but I've never disliked an episode of i4h.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ElCondemn posted:

I4h is my favorite, it makes me laugh out loud more than any other comedy podcast. Even CBB is boring sometimes but I've never disliked an episode of i4h.

Confession: I listen to I4H back episodes to fall asleep every night. They're perfect because the scenes are short and I've heard them before, so I don't really have to pay attention but I feel entertained. I'm usually out after 2 scenes.

It's definitely the Earwolf show that contains the highest highs and lowest lows.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 6, 2017

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like the show, but I'm not alone in hating the way Besser says 'humons', am I? Even when it's part of a scene and he's not referencing the show. It's like he knows it will irritate.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like the show, but I'm not alone in hating the way Besser says 'humons', am I? Even when it's part of a scene and he's not referencing the show. It's like he knows it will irritate.

I love it because I know it irritates humons.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

Besser hasn't had a Case Closed for a while (except for a pseudo-one about something...the episodes all kind of blend together.) For someone who shares his politics it was just bad Crossballs, which didn't work in the first place.

crossballs was funny, but i just felt bad for some of the real panelists

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I like Besser's irascible and self-centered host schtick. It seems natural and gels with his style of humor. I4H is also one of the more consistently actually funny podcasts, yeah.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
thanks for posting this, I wonder all the time how the earwolf shows stack up against each other ratings-wise.

And holy moley HDTGM :eyepop: I still don't understand the appeal. I even like everyone on it, it's just so obnoxious and hard to listen to.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I can't stand Besser's voice, he's my Willy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

tenderjerk posted:

thanks for posting this, I wonder all the time how the earwolf shows stack up against each other ratings-wise.

And holy moley HDTGM :eyepop: I still don't understand the appeal. I even like everyone on it, it's just so obnoxious and hard to listen to.

I think "Bad Movie Podcast" is probably the most accessible genre of podcast, aside from "True Crime Podcast." Take that, add high profile guests, and a "high energy" ("constant shouting") atmosphere and you've got a real crowd pleaser.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Zsinjeh posted:

This might be a big a shock to someone else as it was to me but Improv4Humans is criminally underappreciated in terms of listeners. I kind of always thought Besser was exaggerating being the underdog but according to the semi-official numbers he's below Hollywood Handbook these days.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/5lois5/earwolf_listener_numbers_bootleg_2016_totals/

Rip to formerly popular podcast "who charted"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Tom Petty's beard with Paul Rust is my favorite thanks

This is probably the single best moment in I4H history

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Work Friend Keven posted:

This is probably the single best moment in I4H history

Is that the same episode where Rusty talks about going scuba diving? Is the Tom Petty bit the one where all the lawyers keep telling him not to be petty?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the Sean Clements Who Charted was the first one I had heard in a couple of years (I used to listen every week) and I am amazed Howard is still doing the summah thing

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Jess McKenna is the unquestioned MVP of mopes part 2. She kills every scene, especially the lifeguards.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ArtVandelay posted:

Jess McKenna is the unquestioned MVP of mopes part 2. She kills every scene, especially the lifeguards.

She is a powerhouse on any episode of any podcast she's on. I would not be surprised to hear her voice in a Disney or Pixar film in a few years.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Franchescanado posted:

Is that the same episode where Rusty talks about going scuba diving? Is the Tom Petty bit the one where all the lawyers keep telling him not to be petty?

I don't remember the rest of the scene frankly just the part where Matt comes back bummed from the Tom petty concert, Paul asks what's wrong, did someone steal tom pettys beard? And Matt says no that's stupid and then cuts to the Tom petty concert where Paul immediantly plays Tom petty, sings one line, then yells Hey! That guy stole my beard!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't remember the rest of the scene frankly just the part where Matt comes back bummed from the Tom petty concert, Paul asks what's wrong, did someone steal tom pettys beard? And Matt says no that's stupid and then cuts to the Tom petty concert where Paul immediantly plays Tom petty, sings one line, then yells Hey! That guy stole my beard!

Yeah, that's the same sketch. They end up getting lawyers involved to fight over custody of the beard, but the lawyers can't stop telling Tom to not be petty.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It's so weird trying to imagine Gabrus being healthy enough to lifeguard, much less at a public beach.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GobiasIndustries posted:

It's so weird trying to imagine Gabrus being healthy enough to lifeguard, much less at a public beach.

Have you seen young Jon on the short-lived WB game show Studio 7? (Warning/Incentive: You will see Gabrus in nothing but his underwear within the first minute.) He was always a big guy, but a "healthy" big.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Gabrus used to be muscle fat. Now he's fat.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JethroMcB posted:

Have you seen young Jon on the short-lived WB game show Studio 7? (Warning/Incentive: You will see Gabrus in nothing but his underwear within the first minute.) He was always a big guy, but a "healthy" big.

I had not, no. I mean I knew he played rugby and was healthy at one point, but uh...he is not that anymore.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

what the hell is this

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

piratepilates posted:

what the hell is this
Looks like he's hopped up on a bunch of Gabruzone

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Looks like Gabrus dressed as Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Looks like Gabrus dressed as Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

It is. sorry. I thought it was obvious in context.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

peepsalot posted:

Looks like he's hopped up on a bunch of Gabruzone

Just steer him toward a Hep C testing billboard, it'll work itself out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JethroMcB posted: